Jintara live - It's the Pink Shirts, not the yellow or red!

Thailand news, views and comments
Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Jintara live - It's the Pink Shirts, not the yellow or red!

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » April 3, 2009, 8:28 am

Jintara Poonlarb is the singer of mor lam and luk tung music par excellence. She was born in 1971 near muang Ubon. Jintara is a bit of a political animal in that she was going to run for the Chat Thai Party at one time.

In this song, she almost seems to be mocking the yellow and red shirts, and advising people to go with the pink shirts! Jintara has a great sense of humour, and is one of Thailand's most beloved performers, in particular, in Isaan.

I was debating which forum to place this and felt it was more than just entertainment owing to the political aspect. Perhaps it should have gone into the red shirts thread that has been so active of late.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yob7DUHl-Hg&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yob7DUHl-Hg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

bugseda
udonmap.com

Re: It's the Pink Shirts, not the yellow or red shirts !!!

Post by bugseda » April 3, 2009, 8:40 am

I agree Jintara is a great singer but she was actually born on March 12, 1971,in the village of Moo Baan Chanthung, district of Ka Vi Sai, in the province of Roi-Et. [-X =D>

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Re: Jintara live - It's the Pink Shirts, not the yellow or red!

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » April 3, 2009, 8:52 am

Ubon is not that far away from Roi-et !!! 55555

Thanks for the heads up.

I might be thinking of Tai Orathai. In fact, I am sure that is the case since there was a story about Tai visiting her grandmother who lives near the muang.

I do know Jintara's birthdate but thought 1971 was sufficient so that she would not be flooded with birthday cards from Udonmap members next year.

laphanphon

Re: It's the Pink Shirts, not the yellow or red shirts !!!

Post by laphanphon » April 3, 2009, 9:05 am

i am in the 'no shirt' thinking crowd myself. 8)

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » April 3, 2009, 9:14 am

LA, I can certainly sympathise with your sentiments but Jintara and her dancers are not going to do that.

Interesting avatar of someone trying to imitate a pigeon.

The recent one of the three beauties was more up my alley. 55555

westerby
udonmap.com

Post by westerby » April 3, 2009, 11:31 pm

That's the ticket, Uncle Tilo - excellent video. Roi-Et, Ubon? I thought she came from Udon, 555. :lol:

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » April 4, 2009, 9:34 am

And Jintara has a song about a poo baao (faen, boyfriend) in Loei on the same vcd. It is interesting because the three males in the video don the garb and mythical animal heads of old-time Lao culture. 55555

I am going to see if I can get this song translated over the next week more or less.

Michael C
udonmap.com

Post by Michael C » April 4, 2009, 10:23 am

She is supposed to perform free soon at the new Carrefour in Udon Thani. I had a chance to meet and talk to her after a small concert in San Diego. She was very nice and charming. Incredibly booming voice for such a small woman.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » April 4, 2009, 10:29 am

I hope that Jintara waits until mid-August or early September to give that concert.

Thanks for the information.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » April 10, 2009, 10:37 am

Well, it turns out that Jintara was making a political statement after all.

She is sending the message that the yellow and red shirts are not real competitors.

Her solution is for a new group to be formed focused on love. Jintara's political party would be identified by their pink shirts.

Good answer to the political instability in the Kingdom. 55555

She would get my vote.

westerby
udonmap.com

Post by westerby » April 10, 2009, 3:29 pm

Michael C wrote:She is supposed to perform free soon at the new Carrefour in Udon Thani.
Did we get an update on this?

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » April 10, 2009, 4:21 pm

Well, it turns out that Jintara was making a political statement after all.

She is sending the message that the yellow and red shirts are not real competitors.
think she better stick to singing..................... :roll:

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » April 11, 2009, 12:14 am

True L.A., and that is exactly what the critics said about the Beatles, the folk singers, Carabou and others when they sang about peace, love and non-violence.

No, I am not putting Jintara in the same category as the above musicians, but who is to say who is more talented?

But at least she is putting out an alternative message to the yellow and red shirts, and doing it in a fun way. I give her credit for the effort, and I enjoy the song. 55555

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 11, 2009, 8:16 am

isnt a pink shirt just a washed out red shirt ? the wife also pointed out to me yesturday , that there are now blue shirts in patters . apparently there against the demonstrators , simply because there sick of it all , i seem to have the same feelings myself .

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » April 11, 2009, 9:58 am

Yes Saint, these demonstrations causing so much inconvenience gets tiresome after awhile, which is why I appreciate Jintara's send-up of the yellows and reds. And blues too.

Jintara provides a new option: wear pink, do not be so serious and think love not hate.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 11, 2009, 11:30 am

Tilokarat wrote:Yes Saint, these demonstrations causing so much inconvenience gets tiresome after awhile, which is why I appreciate Jintara's send-up of the yellows and reds. And blues too.

Jintara provides a new option: wear pink, do not be so serious and think love not hate.
ive been on the love and peace bandwagon since the sixties man !!!!!! however it takes a certain type of man to be able to wear pink , and not look like a complete mincer . but im no fashion guru , so i guess each to thier own . personally i wear whatever i want , i think the term is freedom of choice !!!!!!!

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » April 12, 2009, 2:01 am

That's right Khun Saint.

Real men like George Formby (sp), Pee-Wee Herman, Mao Tse-tung, Josef Stalin and Harold Wilson would never wear pink. 55555

But Elvis did!

Perhaps Jintara is making the same statement as you, stay away from the destructive thinking and actions of the yellow and red shirts, just be yourself and concentrate on peace, harmony and good government. No, wait, that last bit is the old motto of the British Empire.

Anyway, the recent actions in Pattaya seem to show that there are deep divisions within Thai society including the military, police and politicians.

Return to “Thailand News”