Irishman facing execution !!!

Thailand news, views and comments
izzix
udonmap.com

Irishman facing execution !!!

Post by izzix » April 30, 2009, 1:33 am

Drugs bust man facing execution

Wednesday, 29 April 2009

A Belfast man could be facing a death sentence in Thailand after being arrested and accused of dealing in a cocktail of drugs in a beach resort.

Thomas McAuley, 48, was allegedly caught in a police sting operation in the Thai resort of Pattaya, 100 miles east of Bangkok this week. Thai police say he was dealing in crystal ice, methamphetamines, known locally as ‘yaa baa’ — the mad drug — and also opium and cannabis.

McAuley, born in Belfast but an Irish passport holder, is accused by police of selling drugs to teenagers in the resort city.

During a press conference, police Colonel Somnut Jutkate said: “He dealt the drugs from his Toyota Fortuna (a sports utility vehicle). After receiving information we put him under surveillance.”

He said Thai police had used an informant to buy a quantity of drugs valued at 6,000 Thai baht (approximately £115).

Police said when he was arrested McAuley had 109 grams of crystal ice in his possession, in two packets.

They said he was also in possession of seven tabs of methamphetamine, 11.4 grams of cannabis, and 12 grams of opium as well as a set of scales and 60 bags.

Police said he also had on him 52,000 Thai baht (£1,107).

“He is a major drugs dealer in Pattaya,” said Police Colonel Jutkate.

McAuley has now been charged with trafficking in Class one and two drugs. The charge of trafficking in Class one drugs carried the death sentence in Thailand, although this is often commuted to life imprisonment for westerners.

If convicted, McAuley will serve his sentence in Bangkwang Prison, Bangkok, known as ‘The Big Tiger’.

People convicted on drugs charges cannot apply for parole or pardons. However, he could be deported after serving one third of his sentence through a prisoner repatriation treaty.

This article is from The Belfast Telegraph

izzix
udonmap.com

Re: Irishman facing execution !!!

Post by izzix » April 30, 2009, 1:33 am

how dumb can you get !! ](*,)

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » April 30, 2009, 1:43 am

People convicted on drugs charges cannot apply for parole or pardons. However, he could be deported after serving one third of his sentence through a prisoner repatriation treaty.
So he can serve out the rest of his time in Maghaberry Prison, watch the latest movies on his flatscreen TV and get an Open University law degree. No sympathy for the c**t... Hope he rots in prison in Bangkok.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » April 30, 2009, 3:36 am

How is he facing execution..?? , didn't think they executed farang.

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » April 30, 2009, 3:39 am

McAuley has now been charged with trafficking in Class one and two drugs. The charge of trafficking in Class one drugs carried the death sentence in Thailand, although this is often commuted to life imprisonment for westerners.
Yeah unfortunately it will be commuted to life. Finishing it out in Belfast. Pity... I'd gladly pull the lever to hang the c**t.

LoongLee
udonmap.com

Post by LoongLee » April 30, 2009, 6:20 am

IA,,,, I have serious concerns regarding your health,,,,, especially heart or stroke concerns.... IMHO, your should really think about some professional counselling for assistance in learning how to let your feelings out,,,,, holding those pent up emotions in will only result in damage to your body and mind. :D :D :D

Don't hold back !!! Let it out ,,, say what you really think,,,,, :lol: :lol: :lol:

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 30, 2009, 6:46 am

whilst i agree with your sentiments I A , and LL good advice to you . isnt it a pity that its always the farang dealers that get caught and paraded in the press . obviously there are indeed no thai drug dealers in thailand , and its us wicked farang that are the only bad people here !!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » April 30, 2009, 7:24 am

I A just a short note if there were no buyers there would be no sellers simple deduction watson
and if it were legal it would generate more revenue to a Government who is on a very thin string

Michael C
udonmap.com

Post by Michael C » April 30, 2009, 8:05 am

saint wrote:whilst i agree with your sentiments I A , and LL good advice to you . isnt it a pity that its always the farang dealers that get caught and paraded in the press . obviously there are indeed no thai drug dealers in thailand , and its us wicked farang that are the only bad people here !!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:
The Thai drug dealers are caught and paraded on Thai language television and newspapers on almost a daily basis! That has to be one of the more common themes in the Thai news, about criminals being caught with large quantities of drugs.

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » April 30, 2009, 8:19 am

Michael C wrote:
saint wrote:whilst i agree with your sentiments I A , and LL good advice to you . isnt it a pity that its always the farang dealers that get caught and paraded in the press . obviously there are indeed no thai drug dealers in thailand , and its us wicked farang that are the only bad people here !!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:
The Thai drug dealers are caught and paraded on Thai language television and newspapers on almost a daily basis! That has to be one of the more common themes in the Thai news, about criminals being caught with large quantities of drugs.
Exactly! If one took some time to look at the Thai news,also newspapers......(The pictures say it all)
Its there most days. Thai drugdealers,head hung low paraded for all to see. On the table, packs of drugs,money, Mobiles, gold.
Farangs are in the minority in this kind of crime.They are just learning!

cali4995
udonmap.com

Post by cali4995 » April 30, 2009, 12:59 pm

Nobody, and I mean Nobody, gets ratted-out faster than a farang buying/selling/using illicit
drugs in Thailand. Other sellers snitch, purchasers fink, bystanders report. It has got to be
the quickest way to get into serious trouble. But you read these stories every week? :confused:

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » April 30, 2009, 4:38 pm

Yes you see plenty being paraded with the goods in front of them on full display..and the rest all got shot on sight several years back.

konstabel els
udonmap.com

Post by konstabel els » April 30, 2009, 8:17 pm

I wonder if - Ulick magee - would like to contibute to this, after all all it's only 'Brits' that make problems in Thailand

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » April 30, 2009, 8:51 pm

Ohhhhh yes thats right...but it would be ok if the nasty stuff was heading to Mainland Uk.

All dealers know the score..they takes their chances., what a trade to be in, in a country like Thailand, possibly thought he was beyond the law as he had $$$ and could of had a few contacts...what could go wrong..!!, sure it will come out in the wash.

konstabel els
udonmap.com

Post by konstabel els » April 30, 2009, 10:02 pm

BM - no problem drugs are heading to the UK. our borders are wide open, still 'I am rich in my diversity' :D

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » May 1, 2009, 12:11 am

aznyron wrote:I A just a short note if there were no buyers there would be no sellers simple deduction watson
and if it were legal it would generate more revenue to a Government who is on a very thin string
Unfortunately Ron the dealers will create the buyers. Dealers pick on vulnerable easy targets even schoolkids. The first deal (heroin) is usually a free sample... Then the buyer is hooked and tries to chase the dragon to get that first hit again and now you have your brand new addict that resorts to petty crime and will shoplift or beat up old people looking for easy money for his/her next fix.

LoongLee
udonmap.com

Post by LoongLee » May 1, 2009, 12:45 am

He wasn't very stupid.... he knew better than do it in Singapore,,,,, death, no questions asked...

ULICK MC GEE
udonmap.com

Post by ULICK MC GEE » May 1, 2009, 7:08 am

konstabel els wrote:I wonder if - Ulick magee - would like to contibute to this, after all all it's only 'Brits' that make problems in Thailand
i have only seen this now as i was off line since monday.
He is british,he come's from belfast which is part of u.k,unfortunelty they are entitled to dual citizenship ,having an irish passport does not make him irish as you well know.This reminds me of the foot and mouth outbreak in england and E.U imposed a ban on british beef which included north of ireland,Ian Paisley insisted their beef was irish,no it's not,the ban was upheld.No ban on republic of ireland beef.
As before hang him.

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » May 1, 2009, 8:03 am

ULICK MC GEE wrote:
konstabel els wrote:I wonder if - Ulick magee - would like to contibute to this, after all all it's only 'Brits' that make problems in Thailand
i have only seen this now as i was off line since monday.
He is british,he come's from belfast which is part of u.k,unfortunelty they are entitled to dual citizenship ,having an irish passport does not make him irish as you well know.This reminds me of the foot and mouth outbreak in england and E.U imposed a ban on british beef which included north of ireland,Ian Paisley insisted their beef was irish,no it's not,the ban was upheld.No ban on republic of ireland beef.
As before hang him.
You seem to put a lot of emphasis s on Irish beef, This story is not about beef it it is about drugs. He has an Irish passport so under that Good Friday Agreement he is Irish, end of!

ULICK MC GEE
udonmap.com

Post by ULICK MC GEE » May 1, 2009, 10:32 am

I.A. if you said that to an ass he'd kick you.So all the niggerians who got irish passports with the baby clause are irish,they may have citizenship but they are not irish,same as our friend the drug dealer, beef was an eg of how people change colours to suit them.
You know the respect an irish passport hold's(more so with the old green one's) you can't beat the lambert and sing the sash all your life and change overnight because of a piece of paper.I didn't see any white niggerians walking around the 26 counties. :guiness:

Return to “Thailand News”