Farang Threatens To Burn Central World Down And Steal

Thailand news, views and comments
monkeyman
udonmap.com

Farang Threatens To Burn Central World Down And Steal

Post by monkeyman » May 20, 2010, 8:43 pm

Farang Threatens To Burn Central World Down And Steal Everything From It, 4 days before it happened.

Words are beyond me so I wont comment :shock:

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i3YqrqhMvco&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i3YqrqhMvco&hl ... 2=0x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Texpat
udonmap.com

Re: Farang Threatens To Burn Central World Down And Steal

Post by Texpat » May 20, 2010, 8:58 pm

Disgusting but not surprising.

Western civilization at it's worst.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 20, 2010, 9:04 pm

A heads up - the guy you see above is not the jerk who talks about arson and looting.

On Thai Visa there is a suggestion he (the jerk) lives in Loei.

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » May 20, 2010, 9:08 pm

ohh joy, and an English man to boot. Rule Britannia :-"

DannyAsia
udonmap.com

Post by DannyAsia » May 20, 2010, 11:11 pm

That farang is a dead man walking. He think he's doing good for the world. He won't be welcomed anywhere :-"

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » May 21, 2010, 10:21 am

I notice the video has now been removed, I wonder why!!

DRILLER
udonmap.com

Post by DRILLER » May 21, 2010, 10:23 am

the video has been removed but nevertheless, another crackpot brit....the current pm was right when he said britain has some deep social issues.

i have encountred many foreigners in asia but none have been resentful of their own country and race as the brits...

monkeyman
udonmap.com

Post by monkeyman » May 21, 2010, 10:27 am

video is still there if look for it.......a lot of very angry Thais are looking for this guy :badteeth:

Briton in Red Shirt demonstration regrets video arson gibe - Times Online:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/w ... 132393.ece
A British Red Shirt who was shown on YouTube promising to burn down a Bangkok shopping centre has expressed regret for his words and insisted that he had nothing to do with the arson attack that destroyed the luxury mall four days later.

Jeff Savage, of Tonbridge in Kent, said that his outburst, which has caused outrage among Thai internet users, was sarcastic and came at a moment of frustration because of the imminent suppression of the Red Shirt demonstrators by the Thai Army.

“I hold my hands up — it was me, and I’m ashamed that I lost my temper,” he told The Times by telephone from his home in the Thai resort town of Pattaya. “I was tired and emotional and full of steroids. I said we’re going to burn down Central — I was being sarcastic.”

The 74-second video was removed from YouTube by the young American man who filmed Mr Savage, 48, on Saturday as he walked down a street occupied by the anti-Government Red Shirt protesters. It showed him dressed in the black clothes of the protest movement’s guards and brandishing a stick which he throws down in anger. Amid much swearing he is heard to say: “We’re going to burn down Central World,” and threatening to loot gold and jewellery from the shopping centre. To Mr Savage’s embarrassment, Central World was burnt down by a mob on Wednesday, after Red Shirt leaders handed themselves in to Thai police and called off their protests.

He insisted that he had played no part in the mayhem, and that at the time he was watching — although not taking part in — another arson attack on a Thai television station. But he defended the destruction of property as a weapon in the “class war” which he believes the Red Shirts are fighting.

“I was not involved [in either arson attack], it was far too dangerous,” he said. “But from what I heard it was some of the guards which did it to Central. I heard rumours that it was planned and that stuff had been put inside — gas canisters and stuff. It didn’t just go off because someone put a lighter to it.”

An Australian man has stood up and given speeches at Red Shirt rallies but Mr Savage is the only Briton known to be an active member of the movement. He said: “I don’t mind if they knock on my door and throw me out of the country. But I would be disappointed to end up in a Thai jail.”

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » May 21, 2010, 10:46 am

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » May 21, 2010, 2:02 pm

At best the English man will be deported, at worst a spell in the monkey house, where his ar$e will have to be stiched up after taking a shower.

Texpat
udonmap.com

Post by Texpat » May 21, 2010, 3:27 pm

Ugly Brits again. Ironically, they're the ones constantly droning on about proper this and proper that and being civilized. The concept of hypocrisy completely escapes them.

barryp
udonmap.com

Post by barryp » May 21, 2010, 3:51 pm

Texpat wrote:Ugly Brits again. Ironically, they're the ones constantly droning on about proper this and proper that and being civilized. The concept of hypocrisy completely escapes them.
Is Charles Manson a personification of the american dream?

Texpat
udonmap.com

Post by Texpat » May 21, 2010, 4:13 pm

Don't project your compatriots' extremely poor image abroad to a single domestic murder case 40 years ago halfway around the planet.

This video is merely another piece of evidence of the reality that is clear to most everyone except Brittles.

Despite all their criticizing and whining and moaning and b!tching about everything under the sun, it is they who give farangs a bad name.

plien
udonmap.com

Post by plien » May 21, 2010, 4:17 pm

Texpat wrote:Ugly Brits again. Ironically, they're the ones constantly droning on about proper this and proper that and being civilized. The concept of hypocrisy completely escapes them.
Generalizing a bit now are we?

A funny comment to the Utube video. `He will be as popular as Gary Glitter when he returns to England`. =D>

red67
udonmap.com

Post by red67 » May 21, 2010, 4:18 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZo0jUEqJx4 The civilized american,mods feel free to remove this but i couldnt resist

barryp
udonmap.com

Post by barryp » May 21, 2010, 5:45 pm

Texpat wrote:Don't project your compatriots' extremely poor image abroad to a single domestic murder case 40 years ago halfway around the planet.
Firstly I'm from New Zealand and have only been to the UK three times and that was only for visits.
But unfortuantely we all have to get subjected to your rather pathetic anti-British rants on occasion. Of late your posts have been witty and relevant, but you have let yourself slip into the gutter again.
What initially caused this strange sentiment. Were you refused entry to Britain? Were you refused entry to a British University? Were you refused by a British girl? Also, were you molested by male teachers when you were younger which would account for your homophobic diatribe - Yep; Richard Quest hasn't a chance there, has he?

The point I was making in the last post was that it would appear strange if you considered all British people (or anyone not American) to be wandering around in this manner. I don't really think so.

Do yourself a favour and go and gloat over the body-count of "No Gun Ri" and "My Lai" before you start generalising,

Texpat
udonmap.com

Post by Texpat » May 21, 2010, 5:56 pm

It's not mere coincidence this loudmouth dirtbag in the video was a Brittle.

Indeed, the odds are heavily in favor of it.

barryp
udonmap.com

Post by barryp » May 21, 2010, 6:25 pm

Texpat wrote:It's not mere coincidence this loudmouth dirtbag in the video was a Brittle.

Indeed, the odds are heavily in favor of it.
Are they? From what source. Have the British cornered the market in oafish behaviour. And don't start banging on about football hooliganism, there is more hatred and tension between clubs' fans on continental Europe and South America than in the relatively tame English leagues.
I was having a chat with a fellow Antipodean three nights ago and your name, ironically, cropped up for a nanosecond the subject of the chat being your ridiculous obsession with everything British.
So come on Texpat .... what really triggered off this puerile preoccupation.

Over to you ... and please be honest

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » May 21, 2010, 9:37 pm

Texpat wrote:This video is merely another piece of evidence of the reality that is clear to most everyone except Brittles.

Despite all their criticizing and whining and moaning and b!tching about everything under the sun, it is they who give farangs a bad name.
Following the above comment, Texpat has been banned for 7 days for breaking the following rule:
2. Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users.
I could quote issues from some of his previous posts, this time he went too far!

red67
udonmap.com

Post by red67 » May 21, 2010, 11:38 pm

=D> =D> =D> =D> put your cowboy boots on ,your silly stetson ,get on your horse and off you trot =D> =D> :-" :-" later cowboy

Return to “Thailand News”