Aardvark
udonmap.com

Another shocking tourist death

Post by Aardvark » October 26, 2014, 6:50 am

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » October 26, 2014, 7:42 am

And just what influence will Britih cops have over the Thai cops? Nada!
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » October 26, 2014, 7:43 am

Another most interesting article:
http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/foreign_comm ... _1_3820462

From the article:
■ How confident is the FCO that those responsible for the killings will be brought to justice?

We want to see the perpetrators of this crime brought to justice and we have asked the Thai authorities to keep our Embassy in Bangkok closely informed on their investigation.

The British government cannot interfere in Thailand’s judicial proceedings, just as other governments are unable to interfere in our own judicial processes.

That said, we are very concerned by the allegations of corruption and mistreatment of the suspects and it is very important that whoever committed these murders is brought to justice.

We call for the investigation to be conducted in a fair and transparent way, in line with international standards.

There is little doubt from this that the FCO know who did and didn't commit these crimes. They are providing the Junta and BIB with enough rope - up to them what they do with it.
Watch Me!!

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » October 26, 2014, 4:18 pm

every little Nada helps to bring all guns to bear, in such situations..Nothing maybe gained, but the UK police's presence has already had some bearing in applying pressure, and by them poking about..It all helps other murders further down the track, and lets Thailand know that if such inconsistencies continue in the future that more foreign police will come a knocking..

I wonder what Un Sung Soo Chee, and Burma thinks of all this..Her and her father are/ were great one's for fighting for Human Rights, and its a couple of the young citizens at the center of this..

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » October 27, 2014, 3:49 am

Very clear headed post there maaka. I don't think the fat lady has even started singing on this yet.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » October 30, 2014, 8:30 pm

dtammakhung wrote:Why is this case getting so much attention? 2 Belgium beheaded in Pattaya but comparatively no attention. Why? Yes gruesome just the same. Thais tell me most victims in tourist spots are strangled to death from behind (surprise attack) with rope on beaches to get their wallet. This easily becomes a natural death or suicide and saves the tourist industry. Watch your back on those islands if you're foolish enough to visit them.
Sorry to disappoint you here, but strangulation is a very easy cause of death to identify with a forensic examination and most tourists will have a post mortem conducted.

Rope around the neck etc, can lead to a crushing of the trachea with cricoid and thyroid cartledge damage and also the arteries on both sides of the neck region will be bruised internally. Very easy to see externally as well internally during autopsy.

The eyes do give it away clinically, as the raised inter cranial pressure generated during the asphyxiation causes the very small blood vessels in the eye to rupture.

tudorandpim
udonmap.com

Post by tudorandpim » October 31, 2014, 12:48 am

Udon Map wrote:Let's try to remember that the subject of this thread is not each other, it's the unfortunate deaths of two tourists. Also, I remind everyone that criticism of the current military government is prohibited. Some of the posts have come very close to that. Thanks!!
Today's BBC news reiterates that very warning:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29834046

sgt
udonmap.com

Post by sgt » October 31, 2014, 1:04 am

This is called a clue: "It will be compared with samples taken from the victims' bodies, but Gen Somyot said this will not affect the investigation, which was now closed. "

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 31, 2014, 7:31 am

Now the Police Chief has spoken, so no more, guesses, comments or otherwise about how /why / or who has done the deed nor can we speak about how/why or not as the case maybe the investigation is going.
END OF FREE SPEECH CHAPS .
All results pre-determined, let the UK plod cast their collective eyes on the situation, my ear is to the ground in the UK not listening to nor believing anything that emanates from Thailand.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » November 1, 2014, 5:33 am

So how hard could it be to take DNA samples from the two Burmese Boys and prove one way or another, or is it used only to clear the locals ..... http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... s-no-match

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » November 1, 2014, 5:41 am

The Full Moon parties now about to be a thing of the past bar 1.

http://mobile.news.com.au/travel/travel ... 7108625870

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Re: Another shocking tourist death

Post by JoeThrows » November 1, 2014, 7:57 am

Don't believe it for a minute. You have to understand that those 3 islands are stilly locally controlled. Bkk has been fighting for control for a long time but ultimately the parties will resume. They try this stuff every year. Last time it was forcing all the clubs on Samui to close at 2. Lasts roughly one week then back to normal.

Those parties are huge earners for the local police

sgt
udonmap.com

Post by sgt » November 1, 2014, 9:55 am

The eveidence in this case is completely contaminated and useless in a real court of law. Even in America a black/poor/person of color would have had a 50/50 chance these charges would have been dropped or never brought, that is if they weren't just executed first. He would have never taken the "test", if indeed he really did, if there had been any doubt about the outcome. Rest assured any DNA or other evidence linking him to the crime has long since been dissapeared. It took a long time to scrub the evidence and replace with the desired results, they weren't very efficient. I also understand the only thing he is cleared of is leaving a DNA semen sample inside the victim's body. If I lived on that island and I knew anything at all, and they all do, especially if one knew one of the Burmese, I would seriously consider relocating, last month. I'll bet that island rumor of 10,000,000 baht for the cover up has risen considerably by now.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » November 1, 2014, 10:17 am

the only real way would have been if the british police took DNA from the poor girl when she was returned to the uk, no doubt there was no DNA left for them to test by they time the body was returned, police here have had the case sent back to them 3 times as prosecutors say there's not enough evidence . seems the only evidence so far is DNA from a cigarette found on the beach, which they guys admit they went to the beach everyday, and a video of one of them buying a beer from a 7/11, even the one witness against them has said he went back at 5am and the 2 accused were sleeping and nothing was amiss , seems strange a couple of guys rape and murder and within an hour are sleeping soundly in their room.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » November 1, 2014, 10:27 am

little Burmese boys who have risked everything to cross into Thailand to find work, are not going to throw their job away, or draw attention of the authorities on themselves, by raping and murdering tourists because they had never seen farang kissing before..hogwash.. there is only one group it could be, a law unto themselves, and free from DNA, and perhaps high on yabba, which can make some people really aggressive..

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » November 2, 2014, 2:59 am

maaka wrote:little Burmese boys who have risked everything to cross into Thailand to find work, are not going to throw their job away, or draw attention of the authorities on themselves, by raping and murdering tourists because they had never seen farang kissing before..hogwash.. there is only one group it could be, a law unto themselves, and free from DNA, and perhaps high on yabba, which can make some people really aggressive..
you are 100% correct, it is sad also because I was starting to think Thailand was going to change with the new powers to be. This would have been a perfect opportunity to step up and deal with problem properly.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 2, 2014, 7:27 am

Lets be honest folks, this is yet another case of the answer we have thought of will do, we will make the evidence ooint in the right direction, and let the courts decide. But really how many deaths of foreigners in the last 12 years have been solved in a satisfactory way. We have Chiang mai, Phi Phi , and a host of others I am sure that the verdicts handed down were the ones that the police were comfortable with and could justify to some extent, whether they were the truth no-one really knows, we have have suicides/ falling from high floors even here in udon we have had a couple and the reasons for the deaths are believable but.
it is the BUT that leaves the question mark in ones thoughts, but with the current system here no-one can gainsay the Police and we have to accept the results.

This time however international pressure has forced the courts/ prosecutors to send back the case to the police on more than oine occasions for further evidence and our UK BIB are here overlooking the situation, which according to my sources they can hardly believe what they are seeing but legally their hands are tied.
I feel for the two Burmese lads I really do but apart from storming the walls as it were I can see no way to help them , I have not been convinced beyond reasonable doubt that they are the killers, and in my book that means they are innocent until the doubt is removed not ordered but proved !

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » November 2, 2014, 7:47 am

We all know the thai justice system so why post on it ????

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » November 2, 2014, 8:05 am

vlad wrote:We all know the thai justice system so why post on it ????
So why are you ? :roll:

Arosolius
udonmap.com

Post by Arosolius » November 2, 2014, 10:01 am

From Today's Bangkok Post

http://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opin ... -don-t-fit

According to the prime minister, the visiting UK police team, just before they left to return to Scotland Yard, told him that the Royal Thai Police had conducted an exemplary investigation.
He said the British police said the Thai police did exactly as they would have done in the case. He said the British police said it was clear that they (the British police) and the Thai police had studied from "the same textbooks".

Return to “Thailand News”