Breaking News

Thailand news, views and comments
randerson79
udonmap.com

Re: Breaking News

Post by randerson79 » October 18, 2016, 7:28 pm

Ever try the train from Swampy to Phaya Thai and then switch to BTS Sukhumvit line? Seems to get me a lot closer to my destination.

udonmap.com

Post by 12345 » October 18, 2016, 9:39 pm

I guess that would depend on your destination.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » October 19, 2016, 2:16 pm

yes, I've taken the airport express a number of times to Phaya Thai and onward on the BTS. I usually stay in hotels quite near several of the BTS stations. As I recall it was 60 baht and the ride is 30 minutes for the regular train and 15 minutes for the "Express" which cost more.. Downside is if you're carrying a big bag you've got to walk down stairs at the Phaya Thai end or wait for the elevator.. But, it is certainly a convenient way to get to town particularly if its later in the day towards rush hour where I've sat in traffic on the expressway in a taxi for well over an hour.... One comment, about 8-10 months ago I read an article where they'd cut back on the number of trains on the Airport Express due to missed scheduled maintenance on a number of them.. I don't know if that still may be affecting its schedule..
Dave

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » October 19, 2016, 5:34 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:yes, I've taken the airport express a number of times to Phaya Thai and onward on the BTS. I usually stay in hotels quite near several of the BTS stations. As I recall it was 60 baht and the ride is 30 minutes for the regular train and 15 minutes for the "Express" which cost more.. Downside is if you're carrying a big bag you've got to walk down stairs at the Phaya Thai end or wait for the elevator.. But, it is certainly a convenient way to get to town particularly if its later in the day towards rush hour where I've sat in traffic on the expressway in a taxi for well over an hour.... One comment, about 8-10 months ago I read an article where they'd cut back on the number of trains on the Airport Express due to missed scheduled maintenance on a number of them.. I don't know if that still may be affecting its schedule..
I usually need to go to the Asok/Sukhumvit intersection and find the ARL to Makkasan followed by MRT to Sukhumvit to be noticeably faster than ARL to Phaya Thai followed by BTS to Asok.

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » October 19, 2016, 6:33 pm

I usually need to go to the Asok/Sukhumvit intersection and find the ARL to Makkasan followed by MRT to Sukhumvit to be noticeably faster than ARL to Phaya Thai followed by BTS to Asok.
Yes, me too.

The Express service from Suvarnapoom no longer runs. It's just the regular city line, - that's about 5 stops from the airport to Makkasan. Then it's the walk through to Petchaburi MRT for the one stop (MRT) ride to Sukhumvit (interchange to Asok BTS). There is some walking and escalators involved at the interchange and at Sukhumvit, if one has luggage. That works well for me as I usually stay close by.

The trains from the airport aren't as frequent as the used to be. I think perhaps every 15-20 minutes.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 19, 2016, 6:39 pm

arjay wrote:
Yes, me too.

The Express service from Suvarnapoom no longer runs. It's just the regular city line, - that's about 5 stops from the airport to Makkasan. Then it's the walk through to Petchaburi MRT for the one stop (MRT) ride to Sukhumvit (interchange to Asok BTS). There is some walking and escalators involved at the interchange and at Sukhumvit, if one has luggage. That works well for me as I usually stay close by.

The trains from the airport aren't as frequent as the used to be. I think perhaps every 15-20 minutes.
Why Don't you just get the Train from Swampypoom to Makkasan,Then get a Taxi to Sukumvit.....Just Sayin'....

Return to “Thailand News”