The clean up of Pattaya begins ...

Thailand news, views and comments
vincemunday
udonmap.com

The clean up of Pattaya begins ...

Post by vincemunday » February 21, 2017, 6:04 am

Looks like Pattaya is being cleaned up, the full story so far

http://newscdn.newsrep.net/h5/nrshare.h ... &showall=1

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Re: The clean up of Pattaya begins ...

Post by minimiglia » February 21, 2017, 8:02 am

crazy??? the place will soon be dead, it is very quiet now.

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » February 21, 2017, 9:35 am

The"worlds sex capital" Says it all

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » February 21, 2017, 11:00 am

There will be THOUSANDS Of " Ladies & Ladyboys " Unemployed IF They manage to " Clean it up "....Just Sayin'

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 21, 2017, 11:48 am

Think of all the health workers in US/UK/Oz etc that will be out of a job if nobody needs to go for a check up when they get back from patters :-"

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » February 21, 2017, 12:54 pm

It's not just the working girls and boys, a lot of them do it to look after their families, it's going to be tough to find them employment, there's only room for so many food barrows. I hate Pattaya, I think it's among the worst places I've ever been to, i spent a day and night there last month and that was 24 hours too many. The tourism there is already on the wane, walking street was like a ghost town, this will deter the sex tourists there and to be frank, I can't see that it has a lot more to offer, the place is horrible and it must surely sound the death knell of the place if the clean up continues. Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos and even the Philippines increasingly seem to be the destinations of choice among my friends back home these days, this will just exacerbate this. Whilst I think good riddance to the place I can't see how this will help Thailand's economy.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 21, 2017, 1:33 pm

I found the "interesting" bit was "A group of police checked the dancers' ID cards then marched through the he city to a second club and closed it down."

Why? There are several other places in Soi Diomond that they could have raided, why did they need to go to somewhere that was a long way away unless the two venues were specific targets and the whole thing has absolutely nothing to do with a "Clean up" more like a "Clean out" of one or two individuals who may be needed puting in their place :-k

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » February 21, 2017, 1:41 pm

Typical knee jerk reaction to appease those in bkk. Min for Fun etc.

Very selective premises. Suggests late tea money. Arrears. Change of owners who feel they dont need to cooperate ...

Call me a skeptic. Cynical. But who got tipped off that night also.....

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » February 21, 2017, 4:04 pm

vincemunday wrote:I think it's among the worst places I've ever been to,.............. the place is horrible........... and it must surely sound the death knell of the place if the clean up continues........ I think good riddance to the place.......
[-X [-X Vince, how unkind you are! Clearly, you are deliberately trying to upset Can123. Can't understand why you are denigrating such a "great city". Also why the Police are picking on the few misunderstood :roll: bar girls & katoeys working there, when they should be here in Udonthani clearing out from the heavily crowded bars & streets all those 'wall to wall prostitutes', to whose hideouts Can123 would doubtless be happy to guide them. :-" ;)

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 21, 2017, 5:34 pm

"all those 'wall to wall prostitutes'",

Note to self ..... check out the all walls next time in bar the little vixens are hiding in there somewhere

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » February 21, 2017, 5:35 pm

Look for the cracks in the wall Statts

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 21, 2017, 6:25 pm

I'll have to remember to take me fillher

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » February 21, 2017, 6:58 pm

If the young ladies I saw on Sunday down nutty park are anything to go by I think all of our prettier girls went to Pattaya, I've never seen such an ordinary looking lot, one or two of them could have done with the wall filler to smooth out their wrinkles oh and their shrieking mouths too but perhaps I'm being over critical and harsh :roll:

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » February 21, 2017, 7:13 pm

I have lived here for over three years and don't venture to these places here but from what I have read they are dregs that can't score a trick in Patts or Patong anymore to old and bedraggled looking but still trying to make a buck (sic) here.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 21, 2017, 8:10 pm

macca46 wrote:I have lived here for over three years and don't venture to these places here but from what I have read they are dregs that can't score a trick in Patts or Patong anymore to old and bedraggled looking but still trying to make a buck (sic) here.
bit harsh macca [-X .......admittedly some of the "young ladies" retired from Patters and have been working in Udons bars for the last 10 years ......... they must be all of 26 or 27 years old now :-k Only another year or two and they will be off to that great retirement bar in the sk? sorry ..... in Nong Khai :-"

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » February 21, 2017, 9:11 pm

I don't think Macca is being particularly harsh, looking at some of those girls they've never worked at the seaside, the bars wouldn't have used them, they'd have had no customers.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » February 22, 2017, 6:56 pm

Latest in from the Junta

http://www.prachatai.com/english/node/6942

Remember the minivan clampdown. Lasted a week

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » February 22, 2017, 7:13 pm

Wow 3% of GDP, that's a lot to lose, I still think punters will go elsewhere, why bother risking the aggro when there's other countries close by that are cheaper and it's easier to have "fun"? As I said earlier in the thread, a lot of my mates back home are already looking at Vietnam and Cambodia as opposed to coming here like they used to.

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » February 23, 2017, 7:29 am

Reading this and other articles about Pattaya recently, it seems they( government and TAT) really believe they can change Pattaya into a " normal" tourist destination. I cant see it myself . Pattaya exists for sex tourism, people all around the world know it, and although the place has changed over the years its main reason for existence is still selling S"X.
Men know they can travel there and find prostitutes, and prostitutes know they can go there and find customers,pretty hard to change that I would think. Supply and demand.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » February 23, 2017, 7:35 am

Another issue is that there's not much reason other than what you mention to go to Pattaya. No nice beach, no nice sightseeing tours, even the sea there is manky, the place would crumble without the existing tourism.

Return to “Thailand News”