Cabinet gives the nod to marijuana for medical use

Thailand news, views and comments

Faraday
udonmap.com

Re: Cabinet gives the nod to marijuana for medical use

Post by Faraday » May 17, 2018, 7:54 am

I hope it's never legalised here.

Can you imagine the additional carnage, when Somchai has a few Lao khao's & a joint?

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 17, 2018, 8:57 am

Faraday wrote:
May 17, 2018, 7:54 am
I hope it's never legalised here. Can you imagine the additional carnage, when Somchai has a few Lao khao's & a joint?
Sorry but i have to say that your comment han no what so ever bearing...We are taking about MEDICAL USE,not some Lao bushweed sold in Thailand.-Yes,some doc's will see this as another way of putting some exctra bucks in his/hers dirty pockets,but that's happening already,Doc's prescibe WHAY to much pills already.

And it might even "calm"down some hotheads if they ONLY smoke a spliff...ALHOHOL is the BIG "killer"me think.And i hope we don't forget that this herb brings something new to the "treatment table".

Have a good day everyone.

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » May 17, 2018, 9:56 am

Oh, shame on me Dui, I omitted to put 'And' at the beginning of my first sentence.

Although that would have been grammatically incorrect. N'est Pas?

Got to soooo careful these days, anyone who isn't 100% positive about Cannabis, gets chastised.

rjj04
udonmap.com

Post by rjj04 » May 17, 2018, 10:22 am

Faraday wrote:
May 17, 2018, 9:56 am
Oh, shame on me Dui, I omitted to put 'And' at the beginning of my first sentence.

Although that would have been grammatically incorrect. N'est Pas?

Got to soooo careful these days, anyone who isn't 100% positive about Cannabis, gets chastised.
Immediately out with the ad hominem attacks. DuiDui has some valid points and he gets criticized because he is not a native English speaker and makes a spelling or grammar mistake once and a while, as we all do. It seems like the more I read Udonmap lately, the more I feel as if I am at recess back at grammar school.

The scientific evidence seems pretty clear. Alcohol can often make people highly aggressive and violent, whilst marijuana seems to do the opposite. I'd rather pass by a wai-roon "Somchai" with a machete in his hand who has been smoking weed, than one who is drunker than a skunk.

I think it will be interesting to look at the traffic accident data after a few years from states like Colorado who legalized early on. Is it possible we might even see a downward tick in DUI fatalities?

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » May 17, 2018, 10:33 am

Faraday wrote:
May 17, 2018, 7:54 am
I hope it's never legalised here.

Can you imagine the additional carnage, when Somchai has a few Lao khao's & a joint?
And while they are at it ban all alcohol which we all know has proven itself to be the cause of death and destruction of millions if not billions of the human race.if somchai is going out and getting blind drunk and drive I don't think a few joints are going to make much difference.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » May 17, 2018, 10:52 am

The Thai people and the Thai government can do whatever they wish. It's their country and their society. Up to them.

Those falangs who live here in fear or dislike -- over any issue -- can leave whenever they wish.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 17, 2018, 11:04 am

But What Happens when you ( Farang ) Gets stopped by The BIB & They find a few Spliffs in yer car....FINE Or Monkey House ??

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » May 17, 2018, 12:14 pm

This is extremely important to those with cancer and deceiving radiation treatment. If I were in that circumstance I would use no matter what they had to say about it.

I have a friend in Arizona that has used it for a severe back injury, Don't no if they would go that far hear, to early to tell.

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » May 17, 2018, 1:14 pm

Dear gawd...what odd responses to my reply to Dui.

It was not 'ad hominem', that was your interpretation. Additionally, my reply was not an 'attack'

Stop overreacting.

Cannabis can also cause Psychotic episodes, which can result in violent behaviour.

And, before you get upset about my last sentence, please note my use of the word "can".

Have a wonderful day.

rjj04
udonmap.com

Post by rjj04 » May 17, 2018, 1:38 pm

" DUI arrests are down in Colorado and Washington. The
total number of arrests for driving under the influence,
of alcohol and other drugs, has declined in Colorado and
Washington, the first two states to regulate marijuana for
adult use"

Data source:
"Drug Policy Alliance": A Status Report on Marijuana Legalization
https://www.drugpolicy.org/sites/defaul ... 2018_0.pdf

Interestingly, the total number of crashes are not down though. :-k This might be due to crashes with DUI charges being less than 5% of all crashes so the impact might not be easily visible in those numbers.
Source:
https://www.codot.gov/library/traffic/s ... -books/DUI

The data seems to be coming in, and marijuana legalization certainly doesn't seem to be making the roads any less safe in the USA, and perhaps, it is making them more safe. Data!!!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 18, 2018, 8:42 am

Thai narcotics control board may allow marijuana cultivation for medical use

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/10 ... paign=news

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » August 16, 2018, 1:02 am

Gentlemen, while marijuana may become legal at some point in the near future, that time has not yet arrived. Accordingly, I have removed and edited posts where advice was posted concerning how to grow, or which strains might be more desirable. As I have said before, we are guests in this country, and respecting, rather than flouting, the laws of our hosts is appropriate.

ThaiSurfer

Post by ThaiSurfer » August 19, 2018, 5:45 pm

Hopefully, approved medical use, and about time. Only medical, as still a problem for those with habitual issues.

Lots a glaucoma diagnosis in the future.

Return to “Thailand News”