Ford Mustang Coming To Thailand!

Thailand news, views and comments
Udon Map
Admin

Ford Mustang Coming To Thailand!

Post by Udon Map » August 31, 2018, 4:55 am

Iconic muscle car to finally come in October in either four-cylinder or V8 form with prices undercutting similarly powered sports cars.

Mustang 1.jpg

After letting the Thai grey market enjoy sales of the iconic Mustang, Ford Thailand has confirmed official imports of it with the first batch arriving in October.

The American car brand said it is now taking orders for its brand-building sports car at 19 selected dealerships nationwide.

Two engine variances will be on offer, both with 10-speed automatic transmission driving the rear wheels. They include the 5.0-litre V8 GT and 2.3-litre Ecoboost priced at 4.799 and 3.599 million baht respectively.

Such prices are deemed attractive because they not only undercut that of the BMW M2 (370hp and 6 million baht) but also the similarly sized M4 (431hp and 8 million baht).

Ford says it will announce full specification at a later date. Power outputs for both motors in the UK -- a right-hand
drive market like Thailand -- are 450hp and 290hp accordingly.

The Thai Ford office has announced that both models come with the Performance Pack consisting of limited-slip differential, 19-inch wheels and Brembo brakes. A 12-inch display accommodating the brand’s latest Sync 3 infotainment has also been confirmed.

The Mustang is now in its sixth generation and has just been given a mid-life update this year. It’s the first time the Mustang is being sold officially in the country, thanks to the availability of right-hand drive in OEM for for the first time.

Mustang 2.jpg

timmy
udonmap.com

Re: Ford Mustang Coming To Thailand!

Post by timmy » August 31, 2018, 6:57 am

already here , some young HISO smashed his into a family of 4 driving a pickup in BKK earlier this week T V website posted it with photos both Mustang and pickup were right offs by the look of it . too much money but cant drive I think it said he was 17 years old …. sorry I forgot to add it said the Mustang was worth " 4 mill baht "
Last edited by timmy on August 31, 2018, 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 31, 2018, 6:58 am

Have to change the spoilers and wheels if they are to cope with the potholes :lol:

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 31, 2018, 8:26 am

See one in UD town a couple of years ago up Mc D's end, they've been here a while, I wonder if these ones can actually go around corners safely?
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » August 31, 2018, 9:47 am

Key point is they will be officially imported, vs grey market.

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » August 31, 2018, 10:08 am

My dream car, but to poor to afford one. Will need to win the lottery...........fingers crossed.

Definitely will need some road modifications to be easy riding on Thai roads.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 31, 2018, 10:40 am

vincemunday wrote:
August 31, 2018, 8:26 am
See one in UD town a couple of years ago up Mc D's end, they've been here a while, I wonder if these ones can actually go around corners safely?
See a few in Bkk but only ever one in Udon .. having said that the roads in Bkk are crammed with so many top end cars nowadays they become unoticable.

As already commented low profile cars here are terrible to drive on the damaged concrete roads they like to lay here .

rct ..i think the grey market with reference to cars is more or less done n dusted as the government put a low value limit on cars coming in without inspection anything else over this they are inspected and the huge tax bill makes them in many cases impossible to move on ... having said that theirs always a Thai with super deep pockets willing to be the "first face" to have that special car .. also the high end dealer ships all pushed for the grey market to be tightened up .
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » August 31, 2018, 11:19 am

Nice car but expensive, for what you get. 5.0 ltr would be the only choice.
Crikey a 10 speed box. Sounds like its set up for drag racing to get to top speed quick, but they will say its for fuel economy
Cant see the thais going for the 6 speed manual.

Mate has ordered one in aussie land. 63,000 AUD , add on on road costs and a few extra personal items to tweak the HP output at the back wheels will be just over 70,000 AUD,that's about 1.7 million baht, some ones taking the mickey on the thai tax.

Here's the aussie perspective test drive. Good to see the guy hangin out the back end.

https://www.motoring.com.au/ford-mustan ... ew-113038/

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 31, 2018, 12:22 pm

The ones available in Oz are probably Thai copies Barney :lol:

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » September 1, 2018, 8:08 am

they had one at the November 2017 car show at Central Mall. The price sticker showed 3,690,000 so probably not grey market but still ridiculously high compared to what it would cost Stateside...
mustang.JPG
Dave

Return to “Thailand News”