4 bombs go off in BKK

Thailand news, views and comments
Post Reply
yartims
udonmap.com
Posts: 822
Joined: July 23, 2018, 11:14 pm

4 bombs go off in BKK

Post by yartims » August 2, 2019, 1:09 pm

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crim ... kok-spots/

BANGKOK — Four explosions at three locations rocked Bangkok early Friday morning, causing three injuries as of press time.

The first explosion was set off at 7.05am in a garden in front of Building B of the Government Office Compound on Chaeng Wattana Rd. Another blast at the same spot came when police arrived to inspect the initial blast.

A second blast occurred at a platform of BTS Chong Nonsi Station, damaging a panel of safety glass which stayed intact. Exit 2 and 4 of the station are closed as of press time.

A blast at the third spot was the most remote: inside Soi Rama IX 57/1. Authorities believe the blast came from a small explosive device. Three City Hall cleaners were injured from this blast. Sisana Pongsaisri suffered an injury to an eye, Sunthorn Rodsianglum suffered a neck wound, and Sasina Petchtonglang a ruptured eardrum.

The incidents came after an object mistaken for a bomb was discovered in front of the National Police Headquarters Thursday evening.

As of 11am, PM Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha has ordered an investigation into the bombings. Defense minister Gen. Prawit Wongsuwan told press at Government House at 10am that two suspects have been apprehended and that he suspects political motivations behind the bombings.


the only good Tory is a lavatory

User avatar
neeemu
udonmap.com
Posts: 278
Joined: February 13, 2007, 2:53 am
Location: North East UK and Bantad, Udon

Re: 4 bombs go off in BKK

Post by neeemu » August 2, 2019, 2:02 pm

Terrorism with very little terror. In global terror terms it's really just a fart in a lift. Thankfully those innocent 3 are still alive although, sadly, most likely suffered life long injuries.

The timing of the detonations suggest they didn't want to hurt/kill huge numbers but the secondary blast, after police responded to the first incident, shows they did want to cause some harm. A despicable act that hopefully won't attract too much international press.

User avatar
GT93
udonmap.com
Posts: 5288
Joined: June 5, 2009, 9:37 am
Location: ฃอยชอบ Auckland

Re: 4 bombs go off in BKK

Post by GT93 » August 2, 2019, 2:04 pm

Depressing news. It makes me realize I don't know Bangkok family members movements well enough to say they weren't in these locations.

RLTrader
udonmap.com
Posts: 1490
Joined: June 3, 2007, 8:49 am

Re: 4 bombs go off in BKK

Post by RLTrader » August 2, 2019, 2:35 pm

Four hurt in Bangkok bomb blasts
Symbolic attacks

The first of the small devices – believed to be “ping pong bombs” about the size of a table tennis ball – went off at around 9am. They appeared to be symbolic attacks aimed at embarrassing the government during the major summit but not designed to cause mass casualties.
https://www.asiatimes.com/2019/08/artic ... l-bangkok/

User avatar
dezzer
udonmap.com
Posts: 623
Joined: January 26, 2012, 6:40 pm

Re: 4 bombs go off in BKK

Post by dezzer » August 2, 2019, 2:36 pm

More tourist will defect Thailand now with the baht the way it is and the threat of bombs in the capital speaks for itself.
You'll Never Walk Alone L.F.C.

yartims
udonmap.com
Posts: 822
Joined: July 23, 2018, 11:14 pm

Re: 4 bombs go off in BKK

Post by yartims » August 2, 2019, 2:44 pm

the only good Tory is a lavatory

User avatar
Giggle
udonmap.com
Posts: 1080
Joined: October 18, 2016, 4:24 pm

Re: 4 bombs go off in BKK

Post by Giggle » August 2, 2019, 3:00 pm

Time for a good ole' fashioned military crackdown. Well played Gen.Tuu.

User avatar
Raoul Duke
udonmap.com
Posts: 271
Joined: March 29, 2017, 10:17 am
Location: 76.3 k's south of Laos border

Re: 4 bombs go off in BKK

Post by Raoul Duke » August 2, 2019, 3:41 pm

dezzer wrote:
August 2, 2019, 2:36 pm
More tourist will defect Thailand now with the baht the way it is and the threat of bombs in the capital speaks for itself.
On the back of an ASEAN meeting as well.
Voiceover for hire.

User avatar
saint
udonmap.com
Posts: 2784
Joined: February 28, 2008, 5:31 pm
Location: the truth is out there . but dont dare tell it !!!!

Re: 4 bombs go off in BKK

Post by saint » August 3, 2019, 10:27 am

That happened sooner than i thought .
Didnt expect it till he who cannot deal with questions and critisism , came under a bit more pressure .
Maybe it was a practice run .

User avatar
FrazeeDK
udonmap.com
Posts: 3751
Joined: February 13, 2006, 2:02 am
Location: Udon Thani Thailand

Re: 4 bombs go off in BKK

Post by FrazeeDK » August 3, 2019, 6:32 pm

Dave

jai yen yen
udonmap.com
Posts: 971
Joined: August 13, 2009, 8:35 am
Location: Canada, Hua Hin

Re: 4 bombs go off in BKK

Post by jai yen yen » August 3, 2019, 9:58 pm

The bottom line is many people are not happy with a dictatorship which is what they still have. When people can not have a fair say in their government through legitimate means they will resort to other ways.

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 3118
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: 4 bombs go off in BKK

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 4, 2019, 12:14 am

keep the population in an overall sense of instability and insecurity and bingo .. poss dry run for when the **** really does it the fan .. and another coup .. ??

I see on SM a pro junta lady saying Taksin was behind the bombs .. if my granny farted in Morrison supermarket Tako would get the blame .

User avatar
saint
udonmap.com
Posts: 2784
Joined: February 28, 2008, 5:31 pm
Location: the truth is out there . but dont dare tell it !!!!

Re: 4 bombs go off in BKK

Post by saint » August 4, 2019, 5:06 am

jai yen yen wrote:
August 3, 2019, 9:58 pm
The bottom line is many people are not happy with a dictatorship which is what they still have. When people can not have a fair say in their government through legitimate means they will resort to other ways.
The only thing this has to do with the people , is to keep them in line . =;

jai yen yen
udonmap.com
Posts: 971
Joined: August 13, 2009, 8:35 am
Location: Canada, Hua Hin

Re: 4 bombs go off in BKK

Post by jai yen yen » August 4, 2019, 12:07 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
August 4, 2019, 12:14 am
keep the population in an overall sense of instability and insecurity and bingo .. poss dry run for when the **** really does it the fan .. and another coup .. ??

I see on SM a pro junta lady saying Taksin was behind the bombs .. if my granny farted in Morrison supermarket Tako would get the blame .
How can they have a coup when the military is still running the government?

jai yen yen
udonmap.com
Posts: 971
Joined: August 13, 2009, 8:35 am
Location: Canada, Hua Hin

Re: 4 bombs go off in BKK

Post by jai yen yen » August 4, 2019, 12:09 pm

neeemu wrote:
August 2, 2019, 2:02 pm
Terrorism with very little terror. In global terror terms it's really just a fart in a lift. Thankfully those innocent 3 are still alive although, sadly, most likely suffered life long injuries.

The timing of the detonations suggest they didn't want to hurt/kill huge numbers but the secondary blast, after police responded to the first incident, shows they did want to cause some harm. A despicable act that hopefully won't attract too much international press.
it should attract international press, people need to know what is going on in the land of smiles.

User avatar
newtovillagelife
udonmap.com
Posts: 1145
Joined: December 3, 2011, 10:14 am

Re: 4 bombs go off in BKK

Post by newtovillagelife » August 4, 2019, 12:12 pm

jai yen yen wrote:
August 4, 2019, 12:07 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
August 4, 2019, 12:14 am
keep the population in an overall sense of instability and insecurity and bingo .. poss dry run for when the **** really does it the fan .. and another coup .. ??

I see on SM a pro junta lady saying Taksin was behind the bombs .. if my granny farted in Morrison supermarket Tako would get the blame .
How can they have a coup when the military is still running the government?
A coup does not have to be a military one. although most are.

Post Reply

Return to “Thailand News”