brit killed by firework in face

Thailand news, views and comments
yartims
udonmap.com

brit killed by firework in face

Post by yartims » January 1, 2020, 8:02 pm

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10651174/ ... years-eve/

NEW YEAR HELL Brit killed on stroke of midnight in front of Thai fiancée as firework he lit explodes in his face on New Year’s Eve

James Oxenham

1 Jan 2020, 12:25Updated: 1 Jan 2020, 12:54

Mr McLaren, of Corby in Northamptonshire, stepped outside the Miami A Gogo strip bar where he had been partying and tried to set off a 50cm tube packed with rockets.

Moments later as he attempted to light the firework for a second time it exploded in his face killing him on the spot.

His devastated fiancé Jasmine, who he was due to marry in the new year, was seen crying as she held his dead body and his friends stood round in shock.

Paying tribute she said: ''Gary will be in my heart forever.''

Onlookers told how Mr McLaren, who had travelled to Thailand to meet his future wife's parents, tried to set off the firework with a lighter but failed.

Bar worker Wassana Ngontai, who witnessed the death, said: ''I saw the man try to set off the fire work. He tried to do it two times, The first time didn't work. The second time smoke came out. The man didn't move, then there was a big explosion in his face and he fell back.''

Police said that many revellers had been celebrating the New Year in the area.

When they arrived at the scene, the Brit was laying on the ground with bloody wounds on his face. There was a pool of blood by his side.

the only good Tory is a lavatory

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: brit killed by firework in face

Post by tamada » January 2, 2020, 2:02 pm

Gary was my long time buddy and I got news of this in the early hours of New Years day from mutual friends who were there when he died. He wasn't in the gogo bar as reported but at our usual Pattaya watering hole, the bar next door.

For me, the first sunrise of 2020 was a wee bit less bright.

RIP Gary, you are sorely missed already mate.

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » January 2, 2020, 3:38 pm

I am sorry to hear that news.
Deepest sympathies.

For what it's worth and not knowing your mate I could think of worse places of passing away.
Soi 6,favourite watering hole.I'd be happy with that.
RIP
Voiceover for hire.

mally
udonmap.com

Post by mally » January 3, 2020, 12:02 pm

Having seen the video, Gary's behaviour seems inexplicable.
In UK, everybody was brought up with "light at arms length, and NEVER return to a firework that has not gone off".
For some reason, he remained bent directly over the firework even though the video clearly shows the fuse burning.
Whatever, this lapse of behaviour cost this poor man what appears to be a bright future. God only knows how his bride to be is coping.
R.I.P. Gary, far too young to leave the happy life you were enjoying.
To us that are left - learn from this and stay safe with these cheaply made fireworks.

laksnrub
udonmap.com

Post by laksnrub » January 3, 2020, 12:25 pm

mally wrote:
January 3, 2020, 12:02 pm
Having seen the video, Gary's behaviour seems inexplicable.
In UK, everybody was brought up with "light at arms length, and NEVER return to a firework that has not gone off".
For some reason, he remained bent directly over the firework even though the video clearly shows the fuse burning.
Whatever, this lapse of behaviour cost this poor man what appears to be a bright future. God only knows how his bride to be is coping.
R.I.P. Gary, far too young to leave the happy life you were enjoying.
To us that are left - learn from this and stay safe with these cheaply made fireworks.
Come to Thailand, loose common sense, party time and the alcohol, be alert out there 24/7
Quality is best done first

Return to “Thailand News”