Dutchman arrested for "armed" robbery in phuket.

Thailand news, views and comments
beer monkey
udonmap.com

Dutchman arrested for "armed" robbery in phuket.

Post by beer monkey » June 24, 2007, 5:15 am

[quote]

PHUKET . A down-on-his-luck Dutchman was arrested yesterday for the June 15 robbery of the management office of Phuket Villa California residential development.

The man, identified as Jeroen De Valk, 35, allegedly made away with 74,000 baht

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » June 24, 2007, 7:32 am

:( ''At a press conference last night, police said De Valk has lived in Thailand for six months, bought a house on credit and set up a clothing store with a Thai woman

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » June 24, 2007, 9:17 am

Its no wonder us Falangs have such good reputations in Thailand, with clowns like this coming into the Country :mad:

Frankie 1
udonmap.com

Post by Frankie 1 » June 24, 2007, 11:58 am

strange story, but at least he wasn't found dead and naked.

Doc
udonmap.com

Post by Doc » June 24, 2007, 12:01 pm

Aardvark wrote:Its no wonder us Falangs have such good reputations in Thailand, with clowns like this coming into the Country :mad:
A bit of an unfounded statement there I believe Aardvark.

When we look at the large number of falangs that do come to Thailand vs. those that commit crimes or offenses - those who commit crimes are very much in the minority - probably much less than one-tenth of one percent.

I know that my neighbors and the Thais that I have contact with do not judge me or others by the criminal actions of others. In fact, the Thais that I do know often go out of their way to try to take care of me. I have had a couple of Thais read me the riot act (in Thai, which is indeed interesting) because of something stupid that I did...

What Thais judge falangs by are the way that they conduct themselves out in public.

--- drunk falangs down on Falang Alley at all times of the day and night...

--- falangs that bitch and complain about everything Thai but still continue to live here...

--- obese (some grossly) falangs that walk around the town and Comlex with their shirts completely open...

--- falangs that are basically given a free pass by the police for not wearing helments whilst riding their motorcycles...

--- falangs that walk around wearing only a singlet rather than a full T-Shirt...

--- visiting falangs flaunting their "bar girl" girlfriends (makes the Thais think that we are only here / visiting for the sex trade)...

--- falangs that rudely interact with shop keepers...

--- falangs that treat Thais as lesser people...

--- falangs that try to impose their western standards on everyone else...

--- the list can go on and on I am sure...

I remember my first teaching job here. After school, it was customary for the falang teachers to meet at a certain bar on falang alley to discuss the day (this was the first Thai school that we had ever taught in) and try to figure out what we had to do with lesson plans and so forth for the next day. We were "spotted" by a couple of Thai teachers and some students and were automatically branded as "alcoholics."

Thais can understand - though not condone - someone going out and robbing someone if that act is done out of desparation. As a result, they are not going to condemn all falangs for that individual's actions.
Ain't Easy Being Me

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » June 24, 2007, 12:17 pm

Doc wrote:
What Thais judge falangs by are the way that they conduct themselves out in public.

--- falangs that bitch and complain about everything Thai but still continue to live here...

--- obese (some grossly) falangs that walk around the town and Comlex with their shirts completely open...

--- falangs that are basically given a free pass by the police for not wearing helments whilst riding their motorcycles...

--- falangs that walk around wearing only a singlet rather than a full T-Shirt...

--- visiting falangs flaunting their "bar girl" girlfriends (makes the Thais think that we are only here / visiting for the sex trade)...

I can reassure you Doc the avatar is not me, :D but do agree the farang who walk around with no shirt on at all ,are regarded with contempt by the locals (logit is the word they use).
Maybe the obese farang have not found 'big john' shirts in robinson yet,maybe they just buy the fake clothes thinking they have a real good deal then find after a couple of washes a 'xl size' becomes an 'm'.
I, for one, hate the super skinny farang who look like they have been in udon prison for the last month on cockroaches and rice, that have legs like chickens,they should cover up!!!

Doc
udonmap.com

Post by Doc » June 24, 2007, 12:21 pm

I reckon that I could have made the post shorter by simply stating:

Thais are not appreciative of falangs that seem to forget that they are guests in this country and do not conform to local cultures...
Ain't Easy Being Me

patriot
udonmap.com

Post by patriot » June 24, 2007, 8:47 pm

pompui wrote:
Doc wrote:

I can reassure you Doc the avatar is not me, :D but do agree the farang who walk around with no shirt on at all ,are regarded with contempt by the locals (logit is the word they use).
Maybe the obese farang have not found 'big john' shirts in robinson yet,maybe they just buy the fake clothes thinking they have a real good deal then find after a couple of washes a 'xl size' becomes an 'm'.
I, for one, hate the super skinny farang who look like they have been in udon prison for the last month on cockroaches and rice, that have legs like chickens,they should cover up!!!
If I shaved them, would that be OK?

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » June 24, 2007, 9:29 pm

Thais have great respect for falangs that marry Isaan women that are20+ years younger than themselves that have children from a previous marriage to a Thai man?

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » June 24, 2007, 10:27 pm

Aardvark wrote:Its no wonder us Falangs have such good reputations in Thailand, with clowns like this coming into the Country :mad:

You've only got to look at Pattaya City News to see more clowns who give us all a bad name :yikes: :confused:

Doc
udonmap.com

Post by Doc » June 25, 2007, 2:43 am

BKKSTAN wrote:Thais have great respect for falangs that marry Isaan women that are20+ years younger than themselves that have children from a previous marriage to a Thai man?
What are you on about now Stanley??? You post makes very little sense with the subject that has been raised...
Ain't Easy Being Me

Techland
udonmap.com

Post by Techland » June 25, 2007, 1:29 pm

Doc wrote:
When we look at the large number of falangs that do come to Thailand vs. those that commit crimes or offenses - those who commit crimes are very much in the minority - probably much less than one-tenth of one percent.
But they don't make it into the daily newspaper...so IMHO Aardvark is right.

Doc
udonmap.com

Post by Doc » June 25, 2007, 3:28 pm

Check out the other post about Thais respecting falangs... Might change your perspective...
Ain't Easy Being Me

Return to “Thailand News”