German shot dead in Pattaya.

Thailand news, views and comments
valentine

German shot dead in Pattaya.

Post by valentine » June 26, 2007, 7:41 am

Fresh news on Pattaya People page. A retired German police officer was shot dead by two men on a motorbike. Apparently he lived in a 5 mill house registered in his ex wifes name but with a 30 lease. He had a new girl friend living with him, and the ex had been pressing for the return of the house and other items. Guess who is the suspect?
A frightening personal sequel to this was in discussions with my own wife, I asked why would she do that, after all she must know she would be a major suspect. Her reply was worrying to say the least. The literal translation of her answer was. Her heart was hot, she had lost face, big time. Moving a new girl in was possibly the final straw, maybe if he had stayed alone it would have been okay. No it wasn,t to get the money, it was so he wouldn,t enjoy it nor another woman. She knew she would go to jail, thats not important when your heart is hot you don,t care.Now this is the viewpoint of an intelligent woman, who I would describe as pussycat rather than tiger.If that is how the Thais think be worried man.When you make that 30 lease you could still lose your house, your life as well.

SanBorn
udonmap.com

Re: German shot dead in Pattaya.

Post by SanBorn » June 26, 2007, 8:34 am

valentine wrote:Fresh news on Pattaya People page. A retired German police officer was shot dead by two men on a motorbike. Apparently he lived in a 5 mill house registered in his ex wifes name but with a 30 lease. He had a new girl friend living with him, and the ex had been pressing for the return of the house and other items. Guess who is the suspect?
A frightening personal sequel to this was in discussions with my own wife, I asked why would she do that, after all she must know she would be a major suspect. Her reply was worrying to say the least. The literal translation of her answer was. Her heart was hot, she had lost face, big time. Moving a new girl in was possibly the final straw, maybe if he had stayed alone it would have been okay. No it wasn,t to get the money, it was so he wouldn,t enjoy it nor another woman. She knew she would go to jail, thats not important when your heart is hot you don,t care.Now this is the viewpoint of an intelligent woman, who I would describe as pussycat rather than tiger.If that is how the Thais think be worried man.When you make that 30 lease you could still lose your house, your life as well.
In all my years, I have never seen so many husbands getting killed by their wives then in Thailand.
As many Thai girls told me in broken English, "I'm not afraid of farang men but I am afraid of Thai men." Rightly so since Thai men will kill them first. Sad but so true.

cookie
udonmap.com

Re: German shot dead in Pattaya.

Post by cookie » June 26, 2007, 10:54 am

SanBorn wrote:
valentine wrote:Fresh news on Pattaya People page. A retired German police officer was shot dead by two men on a motorbike. Apparently he lived in a 5 mill house registered in his ex wifes name but with a 30 lease. He had a new girl friend living with him, and the ex had been pressing for the return of the house and other items. Guess who is the suspect?
In all my years, I have never seen so many husbands getting killed by their wives then in Thailand.
As many Thai girls told me in broken English, "I'm not afraid of farang men but I am afraid of Thai men." Rightly so since Thai men will kill them first. Sad but so true.
This seems a very strong conclusion.
have to check some statistics before to agree with this...

Doc
udonmap.com

Post by Doc » June 26, 2007, 11:10 am

Of course, in the States the role is reversed - more husbands / boyfriends kill their wives / partners than vice versa...
Ain't Easy Being Me

cookie
udonmap.com

Post by cookie » June 26, 2007, 11:16 am

As many Thai girls told me in broken English, "I'm not afraid of farang men but I am afraid of Thai men."

For what reason do they say that???

Has it something to do with the rule of law not being the same for a Farang as for a Thai????

Or Thai man will go for the kill???

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » June 26, 2007, 3:38 pm

a little more of the story for those that have'nt read it.....

[quote]

Police Sub-Lieutenant Nitipoom from Banglamung Police Station was alerted to a suspected case of murder on Sunday Night involving a German National. He made his way, along with rescue workers to Soi Suksomboon in Nong Get Yai Village in Nong Pla Lai sub-district just before midnight and inspected the body of Mr. Heinrich Hermann Friedrich aged 63, a retired Police Officer from Germany. He was lying in the road next to

his motorbike and initial inspections determined the victim had sustained four gun shots, one in his left temple, one in his back, another in his chest and the other bullet penetrated his left leg.

His current partner, Khun Nantha aged 25 soon arrived at the scene after being alerted to the shooting. She mentioned that she was the wife of the victim but explained that no official marriage papers had been signed. The pair had been together for 1 year 8 months and Mr. Freidrich was previously married to Khun Roongnapar aged 32, although this marriage appears not to have been officially registered as well. Khun Nantha explained that Mr. Freidrich had purchased the house he and his new partner were living in at a cost of 5 Million Baht. This house along with a car and motorbike were purchased in the name of Khun Roongnapar. The house was then leased to Mr. Freidrich for a period of 30 years. When the pair split, Khun Roongnapar initiated a civil lawsuit to recover her asset and remove Mr. Freidrich from the house. She subsequently lost the case and Mr. Freidrich was permitted by the court to remain in the house.

Back to the crime scene where Khun Nantha explained that Mr. Freidrich had gone to a local 7-Eleven Convenience Store to purchase some beer. This was confirmed by the presence of two bottles of beer in the tray of the bike and a receipt timed at 11.27pm from a local 7-Eleven Store. Witnesses mentioned hearing four shots and saw two men on a motorbike following the victim moments earlier who double-backed after the shooting and appeared to check the victim to ensure he was dead. No items were stolen suggesting this may have been a contracted killing. Police are now investigating this murder and at the moment are exploring all possibilities.

Both Mr. Freidrich

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » June 26, 2007, 3:50 pm

Since the owner is the previous wife,she has confessed to killing him because of a ''hot heart'',he paid for the house,who inherits the property,the killer or killers family? :?

Doc
udonmap.com

Post by Doc » June 26, 2007, 3:52 pm

beer monkey wrote:What happens to the 30 lease is it now cancelled now the guy has been "Removed" from the house ?
Might be that he is not considered to be officially "removed" until after his wake.

I do think that it would be wise for the girlfriend to vacate the premises ASAP though...
Ain't Easy Being Me

Doc
udonmap.com

Post by Doc » June 26, 2007, 3:56 pm

BKKSTAN wrote:Since the owner is the previous wife,she has confessed to killing him because of a ''hot heart'',he paid for the house,who inherits the property,the killer or killers family? :?
Might want to re-read the posts Stan.

Nothing suggests that the ex wife has made a confession at all...

Even though he may have paid for the house - legally it was in the ex-defacto partner's name. So, there is not an issue of inheritance - the house belongs to her.
Ain't Easy Being Me

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » June 26, 2007, 4:01 pm

Maybe be better to rent a house.
Can You Dig It Dug.?

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » June 26, 2007, 4:03 pm

Doc wrote:
BKKSTAN wrote:Since the owner is the previous wife,she has confessed to killing him because of a ''hot heart'',he paid for the house,who inherits the property,the killer or killers family? :?
Might want to re-read the posts Stan.

You are right ,wrong wife.He was talking to his own wife and that was her explanation!

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » June 26, 2007, 4:08 pm

So the question should be,IF the owner is the killer,who gains the property?

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » June 26, 2007, 4:31 pm

surely it will still be hers to sell or live in after she (if she is guilty) comes out of a jail sentance, same for the moto/b and car, all in her name.

valentine

Post by valentine » June 29, 2007, 3:39 pm

Todays Thai Rath gives further info on this. The ex Girl friend who was having the arguments has been charged with arranging his murder. Her current boyfriend an Italian man has also been charged , apparently he contracted the two Thai men to carry out the killing. He however denies the charge and has named a French man as her accomplice. The police know who the Thai killers are and are searching for them. The photo shows the Italian about to attack the press and photographers.
[URL=http://www.isarapix.com/my.php?isara=pi ... 106559.jpg][IMG]http://www.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » June 29, 2007, 3:48 pm

is this the pic ?? looks like he is getting ready for a 100 metre sprint.

valentine

Post by valentine » June 29, 2007, 3:52 pm

Thanks BM . No idea why it didn,t load for me. :?

izzix
udonmap.com

Post by izzix » June 29, 2007, 11:59 pm

Former wife arrested in shooting of German ex-police officer

Boonlua Chatree
The former wife of a German man shot dead in Pattaya on June 25 has been arrested along with the alleged assassin.
Led by Pol Lt Col Suchart Pranee, deputy commander of investigations for Region 2, and a team of officers arrested 32-year-old Ms Rungnapha Sridaech, a resident of Trat, while she was sleeping with an unnamed man said to be the killer in a room at Niran Condo in Soi Arunthai. Both have denied having anything to do with the murder.
Heinrich Hermann Friedrich, 63, a German former police officer was shot dead in Soi Suksomboon, Nong Pla Lai. Banglamung police, Sawang Boriboon rescue workers and doctors from Banglamung Hospital were called out to the scene where they found the body lying face down in the road.
The deceased was wearing a blue short-sleeved shirt, black trousers, gray training shoes, and a gold necklace. In his right trouser pocket he had a gold colored watch, and 12 baht in coins. His spectacles were lying in the road. Police turned his body over and found that he had been shot in the right temple, in the middle of the back, in the left shoulder and in the left knee. Near the body police found four 9 mm shell casings, a plastic 7-Eleven bag and a bottle of Beer Chang.
Miss Nanthana Sukdee, 25, the girlfriend of the deceased arrived in a black Ford car to see the body, and told officers that she had lived with Friedrich for about two years. They were not married. They lived together in a house about 100 meters from the shooting. Heinrich had bought the house for 5 million baht, but it belonged to his former wife and the couple had divorced. His former wife had taken him to court to divide the property and the case had not yet been settled. The agreement states that Friedrich shall keep possession for a period of 30 years.
Nanthana said that Friedrich was a convivial man who liked to drink beer with the neighbors. Everyone in the village liked him and he had never been in an argument with anybody. Before the shooting he told her that he was going to buy some beer at 7-Eleven, which is located about one kilometer away. Shortly afterwards, one of the neighbors came to the front door shouting that Friedrich had been shot dead.
Pol Lt Col Somchai Yotsombat, deputy superintendent of Banglamung Police Station said that after questioning locals who lived near the scene, all had provided a similar statement in that the deceased left the house as usual and probably went to buy beer. They heard an argument and someone calling for help before hearing four gunshots. Witnesses came out to check and saw two young men drive off on a red motorcycle. The driver was wearing black and the passenger was wearing white.
Pol Lt Gen Asawin Khwanmuong, commander of Region 2 police assigned a team of officers to the case, and on the following day, June 26, Ms Rungnapha Sridaech was arrested.

izzix
udonmap.com

Post by izzix » June 30, 2007, 10:13 pm

Manhunt on for French gunman

CHON BURI: -- A Thai woman and her Italian former husband were arrested yesterday for planning the murder of a retired German policeman in Chon Buri's Bang Lamung district, and police are hunting for a Frenchman alleged to have acted as the gunman.

The woman, Rungnapa Sri-det, 32, was also previously married to the victim, 63-year-old Heinrich Hermann Friedrich, who was gunned down in front of his house on Monday.

Rungnapa reportedly confessed to police shortly after the murder that she and her ex-husband Fernando Nardini, 49, had planned the murder for a French gunman and two Thai men to carry out.

The motive was reportedly Rungnapa's bid to take possession of a Bt5-million house that Friedrich had bought in her name. She had filed a lawsuit to take possession of the house following their separation two years ago.

Police arrested Rungnapa and Nardini at 00.10am yesterday and charged them with murdering Friedrich and possessing an unlicensed gun, said Chon Buri police deputy commander Colonel Pairat Supasawat, who headed the investigation.

After being questioned separately for six hours, Rungnapa and Nardini both confessed that they were involved in the murder and that a French gunman, identified only as Marc, had shot Friedrich, he said.

Police raided Marc's condominium in Pattaya yesterday but found he had already gone. A witness said he had moved out in a hurry on Wednesday evening.

Nardini reportedly told police that he had planned the murder and offered Marc, a 53-year-old fugitive criminal, Bt1 million to carry it out.

-- The Nation 2007-06-30

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » July 2, 2007, 11:34 pm

[quote]

LATEST NEWS
Monday 2nd July 2007

Suspected French Gunman arrested in German ex-cop murder case.

An update now on a case of murder we featured on 24th June involving a retired German Police Officer, Mr. Heinrich Herman Freidrich aged 63, who was brutally murdered in Soi Suksaboon in Nong Get Yai. Banglamung Police began an intense investigation and it soon became apparent that the victim

Return to “Thailand News”