Phuket Pool Party

Thailand news, views and comments
mak
udonmap.com

Phuket Pool Party

Post by mak » May 11, 2021, 1:49 pm

A team of police from the Choeng Thale station headed by Pol Col Peerachat Pombunmee, the Klang district chief Suwit Suriyawong and a local kamnan and phoo yai ban descended on a pool villa on Sunday evening.
Two British nationals in Phuket have been fined B6,000 each for holding an illegal gathering by having a total of only six people at a family gathering at a private home in Baan Layan, Cherng Talay, on Phuket’s west coast.
https://www.thephuketnews.com/brits-fin ... -79970.php
Attachments
Pool Party 2.jpg
Pool Party.jpg

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Re: Phuket Pool Party

Post by dunroaming » May 11, 2021, 2:25 pm

Second picture shows 7 people just saying

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 11, 2021, 3:28 pm

Arbitrary fine for an otherwise inconsequential breach of Phuket's non-specific rules? Chances are these 7 people were from two families and may well have been maintaining a social 'bubble' along the lines of what Brits have been doing for the best part of a year back home. Pity that their neighbors (probably) dobbed them in.

Never mind the details though. Phuket is hell-bent on being the first tourist trap to reopen to tourists this July and grandstanding like this makes it look like they're doing a good job.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 11, 2021, 5:57 pm

Back it out that by July there is no cases in Phuket

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 11, 2021, 8:23 pm

Here's a more detailed report on the Cherngtalay's SWAT team in action. Pretty pathetic show all round IMHO.

https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/brit ... -in-phuket

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » May 11, 2021, 10:38 pm

One uv 'em needs to get that grass trimmer out.

6K baht x 6 ea is a nice hour's work. Well done Phuket coppers. Don't let those soap-dodgers thumb their noses at your rules!
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » May 16, 2021, 8:39 am

my question here is are police able to do as they please and invade private property without a search warrant ? ,can the owner refuse entree and close the door on them? :-s

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 16, 2021, 9:02 am

Kopkei

Search Warrant in Thailand? hahahahaha

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 16, 2021, 9:20 am

kopkei wrote:
May 16, 2021, 8:39 am
my question here is are police able to do as they please and invade private property without a search warrant ? ,can the owner refuse entree and close the door on them? :-s
No. Search warrants are (generally) required in Thailand.

https://gam-legalalliance.com/criminal- ... -warrants/

However, it is quite possible there are special provisions under the Decree relating to the Covid epidemic.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 16, 2021, 10:02 am

kopkei wrote:
Based on what befell a knowitall Norwegian bar and restaurant owner in Jomtien last year who pulled the shutters down on the private party going on inside and told the cops that unless they had a search warrant to bugger off, no.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 16, 2021, 10:03 am

Giggle wrote:
May 11, 2021, 10:38 pm
One uv 'em needs to get that grass trimmer out.

6K baht x 6 ea is a nice hour's work. Well done Phuket coppers. Don't let those soap-dodgers thumb their noses at your rules!
Shocking posture too. You can tell they're limeys.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » May 16, 2021, 11:31 am

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/engl ... gatherings
And in six weeks time they want to open Phuket to international tourism?????

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » May 16, 2021, 12:46 pm

kopkei wrote:
Its Thailand and I suspect the powers of the Police in Thailand, are different to those in the West. [-(

Yes he probably can refuse them entry, but if he did (and if they complied with his refusal???), I wouldn't like his chances of getting his Visa extended or renewed, next time he fronted at Immigration.

One needs to understand where one is. :-k :-k

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » May 16, 2021, 4:12 pm

It's a de facto lawless nation and regular people only exist freely at the whim of authority.

Ahhh paradise.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 17, 2021, 7:01 am

pipoz4444 wrote:
May 16, 2021, 12:46 pm
kopkei wrote:
Its Thailand and I suspect the powers of the Police in Thailand, are different to those in the West. [-(

Yes he probably can refuse them entry, but if he did (and if they complied with his refusal???), I wouldn't like his chances of getting his Visa extended or renewed, next time he fronted at Immigration.

pipoz4444
If my memory serves sme correctly the video at the start of the Police intervention, was the Thai P{olice telling them to open the gate, which the occupiers did. If they ( The police ) knew an illegal event was taking place discretion w3as the best option as Entry forced would have far more serious consequences . Search warrants probably NOT required.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » May 20, 2021, 2:29 pm

Wouldn't like the chances of those arrested :-k :-k

Thy will probably make it through the Court /Conviction process, but as for their survival in jail for any length of time, their chances will be slim to none. =D> =D>

1pm.jpg.3cfa00fe15c1a1da402310af04ed7935.jpg

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/121774 ... paign=news

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » May 20, 2021, 2:39 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
May 17, 2021, 7:01 am
pipoz4444 wrote:
May 16, 2021, 12:46 pm
kopkei wrote:

pipoz4444
If my memory serves sme correctly the video at the start of the Police intervention, was the Thai P{olice telling them to open the gate, which the occupiers did. If they ( The police ) knew an illegal event was taking place discretion w3as the best option as Entry forced would have far more serious consequences . Search warrants probably NOT required.
Have to remember that we are still in a Government declared State of Emergency. Basically allows the cops and the armed forces to do anything they want too or what the High Head Ones tell them to do.

Return to “Thailand News”