Thailand news, views and comments
pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Re: Phuket Sandbox

Post by pipoz4444 » October 5, 2021, 2:50 am

marcus1 wrote:
October 5, 2021, 12:30 am
Air Asia are flying as of next month.
Booked to fly on the 2nd from Udon and return 9th...(Direct and return flights).
Great price too.
Approx 1500 baht each way...
Bargain.
Thanks Marcus1

pipoz4444

That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » October 5, 2021, 9:57 am

I'm booked on flights this Thursday HKT/BKK/KKC with Thai Smile. I've been watching the last few days and, they seem to be on time. Will report back if/when I make the trip.

Incidentally, referring to Stats post, bars on Bangla Road have been fully open since 1/10. You can now get a beer in a coffee mug and discuss geo-politics with a munter from Surin freely.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » October 6, 2021, 7:47 pm

So just to be clear, if anybody knows, if I fly into the Phuket say end first week of November (say on the 8th Nov),

Will I need to book a SHA Plus+ Hotel
Will I need to book the Hotel for 7 Night or 14 Nights or can I fly to Udon Thani after only 5 Nights in the Hotel?

Any advice is welcome

pipoz4444

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » October 8, 2021, 9:23 pm

OK, yesterday I went through the Pre-Approval Registration/Application process for the COE, on line. For those who haven't yet done it yet, the link is below.

After filling in information and uploading the relevant/request documents (drag and paste), I received an email from the Royal Thai Embassy, confirming that they had received my Application and at the same time advising me of, my six digit code number.

Didn't have to upload any proof of a Hotel Booking or Flight Booking at this time. I only had to state what date that I intended to arrive in Phuket, which must be 30 days or less from the date you make this Registration/Application, or it will not accept it.

Went back into the system late today, to "Check the Result" and is say "Under Approval".

System is easy to use and all positive so far =D> \:D/

Now, just have to wait a few more days, as it's a weekend here.

I am guessing that once the approval process is completed, the RTE will send a second notification email.

LINK: Registration/application on https://coethailand.mfa.go.th

Capture 07 October 2021 3.PNG

pipoz4444

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » October 13, 2021, 6:37 pm

Have the Pre-Approval Registration/Application from the Royal Thai Embassy

Plus have the Pre-paid SHA Plus Hotel Confirmation Certifcate (it even looks official)

Now moving onto the Registration for Certificate of Entry.

But have to wait a week, because the COE is only good/valid for 15 Days (I think), from the time that the RTE issues the COE, up to the time that I Depart. Have to wait until about 17 Days before I depart before I Lodge.

pipoz4444

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » October 26, 2021, 2:51 pm

So yesterday, I pre-paid for the PSAS Tests, (through the Thailandpsas.com App) for two Tests. Form is

One test at the Airport on arrival and one more test 6 days later at the Phuket Center at Jungceylon, so you can leave the island.

They send you the Payment Receipt confirmation in a few minutes. Total for both Tests is B 5,200

One more link in the Documenation chain, before the COE final application upload.

pipoz4444

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » October 26, 2021, 10:46 pm

My Covid 19 RT-PCR, 72 Hour pre flight test, will cost USD 44 or B 1,460

I can remember when they first started a 3 plus months ago, that 72 Hour PCR test, with its certificate, was costing around B 4,500

pipoz4444

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » October 27, 2021, 6:46 am

It's a nose only swab at airport/Jungceylon. Not sure what hospitals in Thailand or other countries are doing but, my pre flight test in the UK involved some spotty teenager dredging my throat too for what seemed like an eternity

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 27, 2021, 11:39 am

PCR is nose and throat swabbing that needs lab processing. RTK (aka lateral flow) is the nose-only swabbing with results within 30 minutes that is a DIY job in a lot of countries.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » October 27, 2021, 2:48 pm

Is that correct? Not disputing it and, cant be arsed to Google but, my Phuket Sandbox tests (nasal only) are definitely identified as PCR on the paperwork. Given that I believe it would have been accepted for use by airlines such as Etihad who demand a PCR, it seems strange?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 27, 2021, 4:33 pm

samster wrote:
October 27, 2021, 2:48 pm
Is that correct? Not disputing it and, cant be arsed to Google but, my Phuket Sandbox tests (nasal only) are definitely identified as PCR on the paperwork. Given that I believe it would have been accepted for use by airlines such as Etihad who demand a PCR, it seems strange?
I can't argue with your experience and how they are being done or labeled but the seven PCR tests I had in Thailand and Malaysia were all the '3-point' swab job with results several hours later from a lab. The two-dozen or so RTK jobs over the past 5 months have all been done by the nostrils only, with the results within 30 minutes. I am visiting care homes maybe 3 times a week here and the RTK are DIY jobs with results while-u-wait.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » October 27, 2021, 5:29 pm

Maybe things have changed. The Phuket tests went to a lab with results next day and were nasal only.

Bonanza
udonmap.com

Post by Bonanza » October 28, 2021, 5:45 am

The UK National Health Service (NHS) conducts PCR tests with swabs from both the throat and then the nose, as per the attached instructions. :D
PCR Test 1.jpg
PCR Test 2.jpg

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » October 28, 2021, 3:07 pm

In typical Thai fashion, It doesn’t work

Went to upload my final Flight and Hotel confirmation SHABA and PSAS Certificates, and it won’t accept . OK why?.

Went the Thai Embassy, to ask,

She: Looks at my document and pre-approval for COE

She: What day you fly

Me: On…………

She: It won’t accept any more because you fly after 08 November 2021

Me: But the Thai site say it will continue to process the already pre-approved COE applications until end of this month

She: Yes, But only if you fly before 08 November

Me: But the site does not say a cut-off date for the Flight Date

She: Sorry, you can try Thai Pass when it start

Me: When will Tha Pass start

She: Maybe it work No 1 or No 2 November

Me: Hope so too!! How long will Thai Pass take to process QR Code to me, after my upload?

She: Me don’t know

:confused: :confused: :confused:

https://www.thaiembassy.com/travel-to-t ... iland-pass

pipoz4444

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » October 28, 2021, 3:22 pm

After doing a 180 and talking with a Kiwi (similar but not the same problem) at the Thai Embassy, this morning, I went off saying to myself, "Never expect more than is possible".

Requirements for Thai Pass

1.Passport: I have one
2.Vaccination Certificiate: I have one
3.Covid 19 Health Insurance: I have that
5.Confirmed AQS Hotel Booking: I have that too, just have to get there
6.Flight Booking: I have that
7.Copy of Visa (if required): Fortunately I don't need one, as I came from the right side of town

Just now need the Thai Pass System not to crash [-o< [-o<

It's like backing a Donkey to win the Melbourne Cup [-( [-(

pipoz4444
Last edited by pipoz4444 on October 29, 2021, 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 28, 2021, 10:52 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
October 28, 2021, 3:22 pm
After doing a 180 and talking with a Kiwi (similar but not the same problem) at the Thai Embassy, this morning, I went off saying to myself, "Never expect more than is possible".

Requirements for Thai Pass

1.Passport: I have one
2.Vaccination Certificiate: I have one
3.Covid 19 Health Insurance: I have that
5.Confirmed AQS Hotel Booking: I have that too, just have to get there
6.Flight Booking: I have that
7.Copy of Visa (if required): Fortunately I don't need one, as I can from the right side of town

Just now need the Thai Pass System not to crash [-o< [-o<

It's like backing a Donkey to win the Melbourne Cup [-( [-(

pipoz4444
About #7, which 'side of town' issues visa waivers, extensions, PR or citizenship?

Richard Barrow is headed for the UK on a junket with TAT and will be returning under the revised CoE stuff so will be posting his experiences. His understanding is that the earliest CovidPass travelers will be boarding flights will be 8th or 9th November.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Mjkt
udonmap.com

Post by Mjkt » October 29, 2021, 9:34 am

tamada wrote:
October 28, 2021, 10:52 pm
About #7, which 'side of town' issues visa waivers, extensions, PR or citizenship?
Isn't this just referring to a visa exempt entry?

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » October 29, 2021, 12:22 pm

Mjkt wrote:
October 29, 2021, 9:34 am
tamada wrote:
Yes, Australian Passport.

At the Thai Embassy, I asked the girl if I needed to get a Visa this time, as well. She looked at my passport and said, "You OK, no need, you Australian". Hence the "Right side of Town", so to speak. The Australia Passport apparently is good some something, these days \:D/ Time to get a new 10 year one.

Still can't work out why the old system, wouldn't allow people to complete their COE upload process on 27 October, prior to them putting in place the new Thai Pass system on 01 November, even though people are travelling a few days after the 8 November. It was 14 days and 12 hours, from when I tried to upload my final documents, for my COE letter, to when I would fly (Depart).

The words, "Transition Period", come to mind? [-(

I think Richard is correct. It appears Thailand Immigration may not accept anyone travelling/trying to enter on a COE letter after 08 November ? :confused: They obviously want everyone entering after 08 November to enter through the Thai Pass system

pipoz4444

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 29, 2021, 1:20 pm

It's very important to prove their new Super Dupa system is working by attracting bigger numbers than the old COE.

Not too sure about egg on Chang T shirt, but there will be a fare bit on a few faces if the numbers dont "stack up" (bit like the TAT and their Phuket New Year Party :-" )

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 29, 2021, 2:40 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
October 29, 2021, 12:22 pm
Mjkt wrote:
October 29, 2021, 9:34 am
tamada wrote:
Yes, Australian Passport.

At the Thai Embassy, I asked the girl if I needed to get a Visa this time, as well. She looked at my passport and said, "You OK, no need, you Australian". Hence the "Right side of Town", so to speak. The Australia Passport apparently is good some something, these days \:D/ Time to get a new 10 year one.

Still can't work out why the old system, wouldn't allow people to complete their COE upload process on 27 October, prior to them putting in place the new Thai Pass system on 01 November, even though people are travelling a few days after the 8 November. It was 14 days and 12 hours, from when I tried to upload my final documents, for my COE letter, to when I would fly (Depart).

The words, "Transition Period", come to mind? [-(

I think Richard is correct. It appears Thailand Immigration may not accept anyone travelling/trying to enter on a COE letter after 08 November ? :confused: They obviously want everyone entering after 08 November to enter through the Thai Pass system

pipoz4444
Ah, yes... I forgot the Australian passport gets the APAC treatment.

The MFA are trying to streamline the system and totally replace the CoE with ThailandPass so a phase in/out period is logical despite the need to make the change appear to be in effect from 1 Nov. Capping all CoE-enabled travel at 31 October would have meant a 8 or 9 day gap with nobody entitled to travel. Makes sense to me and I hope the speed bumps are few.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “Thailand News”