Phuket Sandbox

Thailand news, views and comments
papafarang
udonmap.com

Re: Phuket Sandbox

Post by papafarang » August 5, 2021, 6:02 am

rick wrote:
August 5, 2021, 4:03 am
Did see a couple of reports of people who have travelled from Bangkok to elsewhere and vice versa. Basically you need to hire a car and only travel outside curfew hours. if you are using Taxi's and chauffeured cars, costs can run over 10,000 baht. One did do it from Phuket to somewhere north of Bangkok - He had to swap the chauffeured car in Bangkok and paid 13,000 baht. As for inter-provincial road blocks, they were non-existent in most cases.
That's what I was thinking ,except phuket apparently is sealed off ?. Its OK having permission to travel ,its finding a way too travel that's the hard bit. I wouldn't fancy a 20 hour road trip even in a taxi, obviously you would have to change somewhere as even a yabbaed up crazy taxi driver couldn't drive for 20 hours solid . if its the only possible way then I guess you'd have to travel to a red zone and find a hotel for the night and then another taxi the next day . what a nightmare

Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » August 5, 2021, 6:15 am

I am planning on arriving in Bangers and into a Covid hotel for 14 days, but while there buy a car online, and have a family member / or owner deliver it to the hotel carpark, and leave the keys at the office, so after the 14 days hopefully drive home to Udon, having the paperwork for the hotel covid tests, and a certificate as to having the Pfzier jabs to help me on my way...then sell the car later or if cheap enough keep it....its all abit up in the air at the moment

bamakmak
udonmap.com

Post by bamakmak » August 5, 2021, 6:43 am

I don't head back to Udon until 3 Sept, so hopefully things have loosened up somewhat by then. If not, hire an ambulance in Phuket to drive me to Udon. Flashers going, 120 kph, and no policeman in their right mind to pull us over. (And if one did pull us over, just have the driver explain there is a critically ill-Covid patient in the back! I'll cough loudly a few times to reinforce the story.)

If that plan turns out to be unrealistic, I will get on the VIP bus which goes to Suvarnabhumi airport, but hop off at Hua Hin. Spend a day there and then hook up with a family member driving down from Udon.

All else fails, hunker down in Phuket for a much longer stay!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 5, 2021, 7:41 am

At the moment all domestic flights and inter provincial bus routes are cancelled .. this may change before September.

You can go online and get a QR code for essential inter provincial road travel by car at the link below, simple to complete. All people traveling need a code including the driver you use and it must be obtained the day before you wish to travel.

https://covid-19.in.th/en

My brother recently arrived into Bkk did his 14 days in state quarantine then 2 days in another hotel as his domestic flight was canceled, he used this method and got back from Bkk to Nan in the North for circa 10k all in .. he only saw one check point on the trip just outside Nan province.

Hope that helps .. things are changing frequently so take another look at the time you need to travel.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » August 5, 2021, 8:09 am

The desperation is palpable.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » August 5, 2021, 11:03 am

Thanks DM for the info

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 5, 2021, 5:00 pm

Buy a parachute and hijack one of the international flights out of Phuket, then divert and jump out over Udon.

BTW drove Non stop Udon - Samui 15 yrs ago, including the drive down/Ferry/drive on the Island it took just over 18 hrs ........ wouldnt recommend trying 20+ hrs even though the current level of covid traffic is similar to that of 15 yrs ago

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » August 5, 2021, 6:58 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
August 5, 2021, 7:41 am
At the moment all domestic flights and inter provincial bus routes are cancelled .. this may change before September....
changed already…..
05-08-_2021_13-57-38.jpg

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 5, 2021, 7:56 pm

Exactly .. what is accurate info today may not be tomorrow.
The only sure thing is there wiill be more changes

The official QR code for essential road travel remains a viable option.

Dm

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » August 5, 2021, 8:59 pm

samuel wrote:
August 5, 2021, 6:58 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
August 5, 2021, 7:41 am
At the moment all domestic flights and inter provincial bus routes are cancelled .. this may change before September....
changed already…..
05-08-_2021_13-57-38.jpg
but could change again in the near future , its a farce. a Carry on film
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

bamakmak
udonmap.com

Post by bamakmak » August 5, 2021, 9:42 pm

Samuel, thanks for posting the information on the extended Nok flights. If they keep that going, it certainly solves my problem getting back to Udon from Phuket!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 5, 2021, 9:50 pm

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 6, 2021, 8:40 am

Now we have a possible Rape and Murder scenario, in this sandbox. Ring any bells folks, hope there are NO Migrant workers lurking as they will get the blame again I suspect

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 6, 2021, 8:55 am

Khun Paul wrote:
August 6, 2021, 8:40 am
Now we have a possible Rape and Murder scenario, in this sandbox. Ring any bells folks, hope there are NO Migrant workers lurking as they will get the blame again I suspect
Bangkok Post report https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... et-sandbox

RIP to the lady .

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 6, 2021, 12:49 pm

bamakmak wrote:
August 5, 2021, 9:42 pm
Samuel, thanks for posting the information on the extended Nok flights. If they keep that going, it certainly solves my problem getting back to Udon from Phuket!
Rumour has it they will re assess on 18 Aug

Note:- Nok are saying they are only allowed to fly one way (out of Phuket), so have they now purchased pilot and staff less planes, as neither their pilots or aircrew meet the current govt. requirements to be allowed to enter the Island :-k

bamakmak
udonmap.com

Post by bamakmak » August 6, 2021, 8:43 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
August 6, 2021, 12:49 pm
Note:- Nok are saying they are only allowed to fly one way (out of Phuket), so have they now purchased pilot and staff less planes, as neither their pilots or aircrew meet the current govt. requirements to be allowed to enter the Island
If you are saying that Nok Air IS NOT returning the planes each day to Phuket, you're clearly wrong. There can be no doubt that the planes return to Phuket from U-Tapao, just without passengers.

The price to fly one-way from Phuket to U-Tapao reflects that procedure. The cost is 6,000 thb per ticket from Phuket to U-tapao.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 7, 2021, 11:22 am

I'm not saying they DONT do it, what I'm asking is HOW, when it is currently illegal for ALL Thais with the exception of a few small groups (Ambulance etc) which do NOT INCLUDE aircrew to enter the island from within Thailand.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 7, 2021, 11:48 am

stattointhailand wrote:
August 7, 2021, 11:22 am
I'm not saying they DONT do it, what I'm asking is HOW, when it is currently illegal for ALL Thais with the exception of a few small groups (Ambulance etc) which do NOT INCLUDE aircrew to enter the island from within Thailand.
Not illegal for ALL Thais. There are plenty of exceptions.....veggie/fruit vendors, delivery services, and I'd guess Nokair, too

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 7, 2021, 3:48 pm

all domestic arrivals, whether by land, sea, or air, will be barred from entering, with the exception of emergency vehicles and the delivery of medicines and medical supplies. Also exempt from the ban is the delivery of livestock, agricultural products, fuel, and other essential supplies. People who need to get onto the island to take an international flight are also exempt, as are officials on urgent duty and those working to curb the spread of Covid-19.

Unless something has been lost in translation I dont think delivery of an empty aircraft could in any way be classed as ESSENTIAL but there again TIT and its probably been deemed essential in the latest U turn

For anyone unaware of the fact ..... I am just playing devils advocate here and the above is NOT to be taken seriously =;

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 7, 2021, 3:56 pm

" I dont think "
Nokair obviously doesn't have an unlimited number of airplanes in Phuket to allow them to fly one way trips off the island.

Return to “Thailand News”