Phuket Sandbox

Thailand news, views and comments
mak
udonmap.com

Phuket Sandbox

Post by mak » July 2, 2021, 8:03 am

The Phuket Sandbox program started July 1.
Attached are photos of the beach conditions.
Laguna, Kata Noi, Patong.
Attachments
Patong Beach 4.jpg
Kata noi.jpg
Laguna Beach.jpg

noosard
udonmap.com

Re: Phuket Sandbox

Post by noosard » July 2, 2021, 8:19 am

347 international visitors arrive yesterday in Phuket
pretty much have the place to themselves

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 2, 2021, 9:17 am

And here's Phuket's first sandboxer.

Gary, who's says he's a cockwomble from Basildon and admits to it not being his first rodeo, is looking forward to necking some Changs and getting some quality tic-tac-toe with the Patong bar strumpetry.

Gary! Come on down!

(Looks like Dennis from Romyen actually.)
Screenshot_20210702-091258_1.jpg
Livebait

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 2, 2021, 9:20 am

I/we read about tourism sector are hit HARD,alot of people find themself whithout work..and have to live on Goverment handouts.So please tell me why it's so freaking hard to hire people to CLEAN THE BEACHES..if not for themself,but for the sake of really showing how much TaT are caring/wanting tourists to feel welcome.

But i guess Thais just don't see the trash,because of all the trash..*sarcasm*.

Anyway that's my rant for today ;-)....You all Forumreaders have a healthy and happy day..//Alfie...:-)

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » July 2, 2021, 1:34 pm

Clean the beaches?????? Why not all the streets around the country which are chock full of garbage lazy people dump rather than dispose of correctly?? Every province should take part in a clean the roads campaign financed by the main government. There are plenty of people of work who could certainly use the money.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 2, 2021, 1:39 pm

Have a mate working in Saudi wanted to come in via sandbox, so can come visit his wife in Udon after 2 weeks. He just found out this morning that despite him being fully vaccinated, Sandbox is not available from Saudi, not sure which other countries are on the banned list
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 2, 2021, 1:50 pm

fdimike wrote:
July 2, 2021, 1:34 pm
Clean the beaches?????? Why not all the streets around the country which are chock full of garbage lazy people dump rather than dispose of correctly?? Every province should take part in a clean the roads campaign financed by the main government. There are plenty of people of work who could certainly use the money.
Just let us start somewere Mike..But i TOTALLY 110% agree a Keep Thailand Clean campaign would be nice.

Have a healthy day Mike..//Alfie..:-)

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » July 2, 2021, 2:35 pm

Agree Alfie. I guess you need to start somewhere. However, I doubt this will go anywhere given past PP performance of the illustrious leaders here.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » July 2, 2021, 2:40 pm

Streets in our village are a lot cleaner now than 10 years ago. But still some to poor to pay for garbage collection, and soi dogs like to spread anything they can get access too. Agree the government could do a lot to alleviate poverty by paying for litter picking -better use of money than 50/50 promotions which benefit the middleclass the most.

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » July 2, 2021, 4:09 pm

I ride a bicycle all over Udon and can verify that there are piles and piles of trash all over the roads just outside the city proper. Much of the trash appears to be construction materials as well as household trash. The same situation exists on nearly every road I've been on in nearly every province I've ridden in. It appears to me that people just don't care and toss the trash wherever they please even where there are signs in Thai and English saying do not dump trash. It's well known that signs mean absolutely nothing to most of these people. Stop signs and traffic lights etc are just a joke.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 2, 2021, 6:24 pm

Try dropping a ciggy butt and stamping it out on the pavement on Sukhamvit ....... B500 fine (and that was 20 yrs ago when a pkt of 20 cigs were B25)

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » July 3, 2021, 7:54 am

"pubs and bars in all areas of Phuket must remain closed"
Attachments
Bangla 3.jpg

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » July 3, 2021, 8:38 am

fdimike wrote:
July 2, 2021, 4:09 pm
I ride a bicycle all over Udon and can verify that there are piles and piles of trash all over the roads just outside the city proper. Much of the trash appears to be construction materials as well as household trash. The same situation exists on nearly every road I've been on in nearly every province I've ridden in. It appears to me that people just don't care and toss the trash wherever they please even where there are signs in Thai and English saying do not dump trash. It's well known that signs mean absolutely nothing to most of these people. Stop signs and traffic lights etc are just a joke.
A nation of apathetic people.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 3, 2021, 10:17 am

Photo opportunity with some of the first visitors.

I’m not sure how many real “tourists” would travel with an Israeli TAT banner

Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » July 3, 2021, 10:30 am

Niggly wrote:
July 3, 2021, 10:17 am
Photo opportunity with some of the first visitors.

I’m not sure how many real “tourists” would travel with an Israeli TAT banner

Any word if the muzzleless folks in the photo received a fine?

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 3, 2021, 10:37 am

anefarious1 wrote:
July 3, 2021, 10:30 am

Any word if the muzzleless folks in the photo received a fine?
Nope, & no word either if this is really an all expenses paid exchange trip that’s not really going to save Thailand’s tourist industry

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 3, 2021, 12:41 pm

It's a start, nobody without some serious family need (or getting a kick-back) would jump through all the hoops set up, to just visit Alcatraz (sorry Phuket without entertainment) for a "holiday"

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » July 3, 2021, 4:31 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
July 2, 2021, 6:24 pm
Try dropping a ciggy butt and stamping it out on the pavement on Sukhamvit ....... B500 fine (and that was 20 yrs ago when a pkt of 20 cigs were B25)
Funny you should mention that because a close fiend of mine was also fined for the same MAJOR offense. This was Dec 1999 when my wife and I along with another couple were in Bkk for the turn of the millennium. We were getting ready to cross from what was I think The World Trade Center (now Central World) when my friend tossed the cig he was smoking and was then promptly stopped and fined on the spot. My friend was furious pointing to all the litter alongside the curb. The cop/tesakit was not impressed and demanded payment. This is a strange country.

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » July 5, 2021, 7:49 pm

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 7, 2021, 12:11 pm

I’ve seen other articles saying the tourists whisked into 14 day quarantine is at their own expense & have to also claim back the booking from the SHA+ hotel which they’ve already paid for.

This is going to go down well isn’t it for future tourists on the scheme. You can still end up confined to a quarantine room for most of your holiday through no fault of your own, pay again & have to go through the rigmarole of claiming money back which if Thai Air is anything to go by, could take years
First Covid-infected tourist found in Phuket Sandbox
Bangkok Post
07/07/2021

A man from the United Arab Emirates who arrived in this southern island province in a tour group on Tuesday was found to be infected with Covid-19, governor Narong Woonciew said on Wednesday.
He is the first tourist found with the virus since the province was reopened on July 1 under the Phuket Sandbox scheme, he said.

The provincial health office reported that a sample swab was taken from the tourist on his arrival at Phuket international airport on Tuesday, before he went to his hotel.

Between 10pm-11pm, the test result came out positive.

Health officials immediately informed the manager of the hotel and took the tourist to a hospital for treatment.

Other tourists in the same group had been placed in 14-day quarantine at a hotel provided by the province for observation and Covid-19 testing.

From July 1-7 a total of 2,113 had arrived in Phuket under the Sandbox programme, the governor said.

Return to “Thailand News”