Thailand's Police

Thailand news, views and comments
pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Re: Thailand's Police

Post by pipoz4444 » August 28, 2021, 1:00 pm

Be real, some of you act like this is the first death of a man in police custody or first death by police. Look around the World , it happens all the time, in probably 25% of the Countries across the Globe , both for drug related matters and or other crimes, even in so called Wester/European/Developed counties. It doesn't even make the News in most of them.

What is making the news in this case, is how many luxury cars and how much cash in the bank, this chap has amassed on B 43,000 a month Salary? I must go visit his investment banker or accountant, because he must be earning 100% interest on his investments, per month. I am at a complete loss to explain how well he has done in the Share Market? \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ =;

Back on the death, this is one individual drug dealer. To put it in perspective, where was the debate or outcry in 2003, when the Thai government, under then Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, launched a “War on Drugs”, and allegedly undertook a number of arbitrary killings in order to suppress drug trafficking and prevention of drug use, and where was the accountability, after the subsequent 2007 Official Investigation that found that many of those killed had no connection whatsoever to drugs. Nothing ever resulted. :-k

Thailand is not unique in Asia, in the way it treats the drug dealers. You have the Philippines. Since mid, 2016, Philippine, when Duterte started his “war on drugs”, allegedly some 12,000 Filipinos have been killed, mostly poor and out of this 12,000, some 2,555 (21%) of the alleged killings have been attributed to the Philippine National Police. Not sure who owns the other 79%, but be the local Militia/People. Either way, you don’t see much in the World news about this, nor does it get raised at the yearly piss up at the UN. [-( :-k

You would actually be surprised how many Filipinos agree with Duterte, policy on drugs and how he goes about it. I work with about 20 Flips and I would say from speaking with them, 80% plus agree with Duterte and the way he goes about it. They don’t all necessarily like Duterte, but on this issue, they agree with what he has done and how he does it. Ok it’s a small sample survey, but majority views rules?

Then there is the Indonesian, stance/approach of, “Shoot On Sight”. If not they have the death Penalty, for those who make it to the Courtroom. Again not much in the World news about this and it doesn't seem to get raised at the yearly piss up at the UN.

Then there is Brazil, Mexico. Its not as though these countries have a soft hand and cuddly approach, when it comes to arresting the drug criminals and bringing them to trial.

The only difference with Joe F is, that he was caught on camera and the video was released via social media. Instant news for a few weeks.

As DM inferred, it will al blow over, in a month or two, when the media moves onto another World Crisis and or National Local event, and the family bet paid B 1.0 Mill as compensation package and the J F case file gets lost, only to gather dust somewhere and no one will remember or care about it, in 3 months’ time. By the was he said sorry, so its half way forgiven already. :-$

The bottom line is, who really gives a flying F..ck, about a drug dealer and whether or not he gets a Bullet or a Plastic Bag or accidently trips over the toilet bowl in his cell and drowns. I for one, don't and I would gladly donate to help buying the plastic bag for the next one. =D> \:D/ \:D/

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-52917560

pipoz4444

That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 28, 2021, 1:30 pm

Sounds more like the bottom line should be ........"jawoll, mein Führer"

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 28, 2021, 2:29 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
August 28, 2021, 1:30 pm
Sounds more like the bottom line should be ........"jawoll, mein Führer"
Each to his own view, but I have no sympathy for Drug Dealers and what they do. My view is that Drug Dealers are simply one step up from Paedophiles. Personally, I think the World would be a much better place without both of them.

Others may have sympathy for them. :confused: :confused:, but I would question why. [-(

There are to many "Bleeding Hearts" in the World, when it comes to these two groups of people. [-(

pipoz4444

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 28, 2021, 2:35 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
August 28, 2021, 2:29 pm

Each to his own view, but I have no sympathy for Drug Dealers and what they do.
But you are comfortable with massively corrupt cops - and by extension, the system which allows them to survive and (obviously) flourish.

Interesting.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 28, 2021, 2:57 pm

jackspratt wrote:
August 28, 2021, 2:35 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:
August 28, 2021, 2:29 pm

Each to his own view, but I have no sympathy for Drug Dealers and what they do.
But you are comfortable with massively corrupt cops - and by extension, the system which allows them to survive and (obviously) flourish.

Interesting.
Did I say that, or are you fantasizing again.

pipoz4444

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 28, 2021, 3:08 pm

You are fine with a suspect/prisoner being killed by a (allegedly) corrupt copper.

You support extra-judicial executions in the Philippines and Indonesia by the cops - which is another form of corruption.

So yes, you said as much.

ps no-one on here has expressed any sympathy for drug dealers.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 28, 2021, 4:03 pm

jackspratt wrote:
August 28, 2021, 3:08 pm
You are fine with a suspect/prisoner being killed by a (allegedly) corrupt copper.

You support extra-judicial executions in the Philippines and Indonesia by the cops - which is another form of corruption.

So yes, you said as much.

ps no-one on here has expressed any sympathy for drug dealers.
I see you are still having those wet dreams, again JS. \:D/ \:D/ You do need to improve your level of comprehension of what was posted with regards to the Philippines, Indonesia, Brazil and Mexico. \:D/ \:D/ These are individual Government, policies/approaches put in place by them, not me.

I can't remember accusing anyone on this Forum of having sympathy for drug dealers. My post simply stated that............and they presented my view on the matter.
1.Others may have sympathy for them. :confused: :confused:, but I would question why.
2.There are to many "Bleeding Hearts" in the World, when it comes to these two groups of people

Nevertheless, "Each to his own view, but I have no sympathy for Drug Dealers and what they do". Which I stand by. \:D/ \:D/

pipoz4444

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 28, 2021, 4:44 pm

Parse as much as you like, pipo.

This was the first sentence of your 1.00pm post, and the meaning is pretty clear:
Be real, some of you act like this is the first death of a man in police custody or first death by police.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » August 28, 2021, 4:50 pm

I thought that Thai officials were investigated for unusual wealth? This cop was certainly unusually wealthy. That tells me the corruption goes higher than this cop.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 28, 2021, 4:59 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
August 28, 2021, 1:00 pm
Be real, some of you act like this is the first death of a man in police custody or first death by police. Look around the World , it happens all the time, in probably 25% of the Countries across the Globe , both for drug related matters and or other crimes, even in so called Wester/European/Developed counties. It doesn't even make the News in most of them.

What is making the news in this case, is how many luxury cars and how much cash in the bank, this chap has amassed on B 43,000 a month Salary? I must go visit his investment banker or accountant, because he must be earning 100% interest on his investments, per month. I am at a complete loss to explain how well he has done in the Share Market? \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ =;

Back on the death, this is one individual drug dealer. To put it in perspective, where was the debate or outcry in 2003, when the Thai government, under then Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, launched a “War on Drugs”, and allegedly undertook a number of arbitrary killings in order to suppress drug trafficking and prevention of drug use, and where was the accountability, after the subsequent 2007 Official Investigation that found that many of those killed had no connection whatsoever to drugs. Nothing ever resulted. :-k

Thailand is not unique in Asia, in the way it treats the drug dealers. You have the Philippines. Since mid, 2016, Philippine, when Duterte started his “war on drugs”, allegedly some 12,000 Filipinos have been killed, mostly poor and out of this 12,000, some 2,555 (21%) of the alleged killings have been attributed to the Philippine National Police. Not sure who owns the other 79%, but be the local Militia/People. Either way, you don’t see much in the World news about this, nor does it get raised at the yearly piss up at the UN. [-( :-k

You would actually be surprised how many Filipinos agree with Duterte, policy on drugs and how he goes about it. I work with about 20 Flips and I would say from speaking with them, 80% plus agree with Duterte and the way he goes about it. They don’t all necessarily like Duterte, but on this issue, they agree with what he has done and how he does it. Ok it’s a small sample survey, but majority views rules?

Then there is the Indonesian, stance/approach of, “Shoot On Sight”. If not they have the death Penalty, for those who make it to the Courtroom. Again not much in the World news about this and it doesn't seem to get raised at the yearly piss up at the UN.

Then there is Brazil, Mexico. Its not as though these countries have a soft hand and cuddly approach, when it comes to arresting the drug criminals and bringing them to trial.

The only difference with Joe F is, that he was caught on camera and the video was released via social media. Instant news for a few weeks.

As DM inferred, it will al blow over, in a month or two, when the media moves onto another World Crisis and or National Local event, and the family bet paid B 1.0 Mill as compensation package and the J F case file gets lost, only to gather dust somewhere and no one will remember or care about it, in 3 months’ time. By the was he said sorry, so its half way forgiven already. :-$

The bottom line is, who really gives a flying F..ck, about a drug dealer and whether or not he gets a Bullet or a Plastic Bag or accidently trips over the toilet bowl in his cell and drowns. I for one, don't and I would gladly donate to help buying the plastic bag for the next one. =D> \:D/ \:D/

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-52917560

pipoz4444
Apart from failing to address the point of the OP before going wildly off topic for 8 of your 10 paragraphs, I will accept that it is your opinion.

What you have posted is 100% tripe. I hope you can accept that as my opinion.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 28, 2021, 8:16 pm

Purely your opinion Tam, which you are entitled to, as I am entitled to mine.

Since when have all member posts on this Forum, under any of the Posts, always/only addressed or been a direct response to the OP's initial Post. :confused:

If I am not mistaken, you first introduced Duterte's name and iron fist policy into into the equation of this post and were the second to bring up the question of Thaksin's and his crusade. Then went on to speak about Pacman and Digong's etc. I simply enhanced it.

pipoz4444

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 28, 2021, 8:50 pm

glalt wrote:
August 28, 2021, 4:50 pm
I thought that Thai officials were investigated for unusual wealth? This cop was certainly unusually wealthy. That tells me the corruption goes higher than this cop.
When you have a man who spent 4+ years in an Australian jail for heroin smuggling openly serving as a junior minister in the current Thai government - yes, you are right.

And that is the point - an unusually rich, mid-level copper, who has been "unlucky" enough to be caught on video for an apparent murder, could not have got to where he is without the protection of the endemic corruption in which he has thrived.

But the bigger picture escapes some. :?

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » August 28, 2021, 9:15 pm

Shut up and siddown. Didn't you get the memo? It's PARADISE!
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » August 28, 2021, 10:02 pm

There's a good BBC iPlayer series on corruption in London's Metropolitan Police during the 1970s, where they describe how the money accrued would be passed from junior CID personnel right up to commander level. Their failing was understanding that just one person nobbled for corruption could implicate everyone else. Yet that doesn't seem to happen in LOS.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » August 28, 2021, 10:23 pm

Earnest wrote:
August 28, 2021, 10:02 pm
There's a good BBC iPlayer series on corruption in London's Metropolitan Police during the 1970s, where they describe how the money accrued would be passed from junior CID personnel right up to commander level. Their failing was understanding that just one person nobbled for corruption could implicate everyone else. Yet that doesn't seem to happen in LOS.
Interesting find 👍
I can’t think of anyone who served in the police during the 70’s or early 80’s that would corroborate these revelations which I suppose is a good job. Wouldn’t want anyone else serving at stations in the ar$e end of nowhere to be worried about being implicated as well.
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 29, 2021, 2:18 am

pipoz4444 wrote:
August 28, 2021, 8:16 pm
Purely your opinion Tam, which you are entitled to, as I am entitled to mine.

Since when have all member posts on this Forum, under any of the Posts, always/only addressed or been a direct response to the OP's initial Post. :confused:

If I am not mistaken, you first introduced Duterte's name and iron fist policy into into the equation of this post and were the second to bring up the question of Thaksin's and his crusade. Then went on to speak about Pacman and Digong's etc. I simply enhanced it.

pipoz4444
But you are mistaken. It was chopperjoey that introduced Duterte to this melee and statts that embellished it with Thaksin. I was the one that enhanced it. You have simply picked up the bone and ran with it.

As you do.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 29, 2021, 2:35 am

Earnest wrote:
August 28, 2021, 10:02 pm
The UK and Thailand are culturally dissimilar. I am sure that if it was acceptable for a bent Met officer's peers and superiors to circle the wagons and chivy the one 'nobbled' for a some of his ill gotten gains as a security for their complicity, then they would be the same as the RTP. But it isn't. To quote Snoop Dog, they 'Drop it like it's hot' and the culprit very suddenly and very publicly becomes Billy no-mates. Unless he's a Freemason, he's toast.

The career of any Thai policeman worth his salt is predicated on how he can build his fiefdom in an obsequious form of paying it forward to his superiors. They benefit and thus turn the proverbial blind eye and so it goes up the chain of command. Whenever such a 'cut and dried' case as this manifests in the public eye, after the initial rush to show the culprit as the bad guy in handcuffs, it suddenly goes quiet. Where in the UK some commander from a different district would be dropped in to head up the independent and untainted internal investigation, in Thailand it is invariably the national police chief who takes on the onerous task of righting this egregious wrong. The first step being circling the wagons.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » August 29, 2021, 5:55 am

Niggly wrote:
August 28, 2021, 10:23 pm
Interesting find 👍
Yes, quite a good series.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 29, 2021, 7:00 am

There was much talk in the County Forces opver this and we all decided that was the MET , which most County Mounties as we were called , are run differently, funded differently and used as cannon fodder for the whims of the Home Secretary who funded them., contrary to us who were funded in part by the Council Tax and therefore more subject to local whims.

chopperjoey
udonmap.com

Post by chopperjoey » August 29, 2021, 7:58 am

Earnest wrote:
August 29, 2021, 5:55 am
Niggly wrote:
August 28, 2021, 10:23 pm
Interesting find 👍
Yes, quite a good series.
Series like that are just entertainment, made by westerners, for a western audience, viewed with that western attitude, and with the predictable western opinion.

How about "walking around on the street, day or night, in Udon Thani or the big city Bangkok, in this neighborhood, or any neighborhood."
Your experience will be one of total safety. THE OPPOSITE of many European and American cities. Western governements and their justice system and their police CAN NOT and WILL NOT provide safety on public roads.
Lets keep it short, the safety we all take for granted daily, in our homes (we dont have to fear for armed home invasions so common in America) and in public spaces like streets, is the direct result of the work of the Thai police. They are the ones who keep the streets safe and clean.
Good job! I dont need a BBC documentary to form an opinion, reality what i experience myself carries more weight.
A friend of mine, a police detective in New Yersey (now a former) once visited a police seminair in Thailand, and he had very positive experience and praised the Thai police. (unlike cops in Mexico, but thats another story..)

Return to “Thailand News”