PM

Thailand news, views and comments
mak
udonmap.com

PM

Post by mak » August 25, 2022, 11:10 am

Thailand’s constitution stipulates that no prime minister can remain in power longer than eight years.

Thai PM suspended from duty by Charter Court, Deputy Prawit becomes acting PM.

Deputy Prime Minister Anutin Charnvirakul says that, if people want him, he is willing to step in as the next prime minister of Thailand.

deankham
udonmap.com

Re: PM

Post by deankham » August 25, 2022, 12:09 pm

Prawit during yesterdays announcement;

I wonder which of his 'friends' 10m baht watches he will be wearing for the first day as acting PM :-k [-X

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 25, 2022, 12:27 pm

I thought us sophisticated and more genteel udonmappers didn't stoop to comment on Thai politics. That's for the other forums, no? If you want to have a look at what the new generation of farang squatters are spewing on t'internet, look no further than the comments section on Bangkok Post. They all seem to know each other intimately as well.

I reckon we need more quizmasters.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » August 26, 2022, 1:00 am

I'm your Huckleberry.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » August 26, 2022, 4:37 am

^ more like Tackleburry...

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » March 1, 2023, 4:26 am

Prawit to give elderly 700 baht/month.
Attachments
Prawit 2.jpg
Prawit 2.jpg (52.27 KiB) Viewed 1345 times
Last edited by mak on March 2, 2023, 4:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » March 1, 2023, 4:54 am

Cheapskate.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 1, 2023, 6:37 am

we risk upsetting the current status quo interfering or even commenting on Thai Politics, which by most Western standards is a deeply flawed scenario.

best leave it to the experts the Thai nationals!!!!!!!!!!!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 1, 2023, 10:26 am

Like US/UK/Russian politics are less corrupt or in a better state?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 1, 2023, 2:57 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
March 1, 2023, 6:37 am

99% of Thai nationals have no say in politics either. No choice but to leave it to the army.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 1, 2023, 4:36 pm

Whistler wrote:
March 1, 2023, 2:57 pm
Khun Paul wrote:

99% of Thai nationals have no say in politics either. No choice but to leave it to the army.
There we have it folks a typical revolutionary with problems. Thais do vote in their thousands, not that it will make any difference but at least they VOTE .
99% that is some approx 70 million plus, your point trashed by a person who fails in simple Maths !!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 1, 2023, 11:12 pm

Kp, vote for who? You have been for here for years, so are aware. You know that as well as I know that, so stop sounding ignorant about the real world on the ground

Stop adding idiotic posts. There is zero element about muti party democratic voting in Thailand and you know it.

Stop making posts that are so full of bs that nobody is fooled, not you, not anybody. What is compelling you to BS about this when everybody with the slightest local knowledge knows the truth?

https://www.bangkokpost.com/world/22620 ... ries-index
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » March 2, 2023, 9:00 pm

Whistler wrote:
March 1, 2023, 11:12 pm
Kp, vote for who? You have been for here for years, so are aware. You know that as well as I know that, so stop sounding ignorant about the real world on the ground

Stop adding idiotic posts. There is zero element about muti party democratic voting in Thailand and you know it.

Stop making posts that are so full of bs that nobody is fooled, not you, not anybody. What is compelling you to BS about this when everybody with the slightest local knowledge knows the truth?

It looks like there is a new policeman on the block who also acts as judge and jury ordering posters around and determining what is right or wrong to post. Don't fret KP, there is nothing to here to get worried about.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 2, 2023, 9:18 pm

The chances of any opposition party getting 51% of the vote and hence choose the next PM is so slight that I doubt there is a bookie who has even worked out the odds, let alone offered them for people to bet on.
The fact there are so many parties almost guarantees that the vote will be split and the right will again install their PM after a month or two of wrangling. Despite probably getting an overwhelming mandate from the people Paetongtarn will not be allowed to rule as the senate (all 250 members appointed by the military) will block her

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » March 2, 2023, 9:42 pm

One of the more interesting changes of government in Thailand happened around 1953 when Field Marshall Sarit staged a coup against his own government.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 2, 2023, 10:44 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
March 2, 2023, 9:00 pm
Whistler wrote:

It looks like there is a new policeman on the block who also acts as judge and jury ordering posters around and determining what is right or wrong to post. Don't fret KP, there is nothing to here to get worried about.
Lym,

Not a new policeman, I tell it like it is, and joined by others on this site. If you have an alternative truth, make your case based on logic based on known facts, not just your own words and expect others to agree with you in the teeth of the of the documented history

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » March 3, 2023, 1:12 am

Khun Paul wrote:
Who are probably waiting for Yingluck to come home!

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » March 3, 2023, 3:14 am

I hear talk of a revolution......Red shirt uprising

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » March 3, 2023, 4:47 am

Fancy.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » March 3, 2023, 9:25 am

Whistler wrote:
March 2, 2023, 10:44 pm
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
March 2, 2023, 9:00 pm
Whistler wrote:

Lym,

Not a new policeman, I tell it like it is, and joined by others on this site. If you have an alternative truth, make your case based on logic based on known facts, not just your own words and expect others to agree with you in the teeth of the of the documented history
You tell it like you think it is based on your analysis of known facts, and maybe you are right this time. You fail to realise that there alternative truths that may be as valid as yours. Everyone on this site has a right to express their own view and do not have to conform to your truths no matter how repugnant they may be to you. It would be more decent to not order posters what to express in their posts.

Return to “Thailand News”