PM

Thailand news, views and comments
Udon Map
Admin

Re: PM

Post by Udon Map » March 6, 2023, 10:00 am

Khun Paul wrote:
March 6, 2023, 8:54 am
The Forum also works with government agencies in order to achieve project or initiative objectives, and, in certain instances, these agencies fund those activities through the Forum.

Hence I was correct there IS Government money used in DAVOS one way or the other.
I just went back and looked. Although he seems to have forgotten, what KP actually said was, "Who bloody cares governmental fuded junkets are now the norm...." So technically, he was correct. He didn't say that governments fund the WEF, only that they pay the travel expenses of government people who attend (junkets), hence he was correct.

So now I'll say something which I don't believe that I've ever heard him say in 10½ years of my involvement in this forum, and something which he has repeatedly accused me of never saying: It appears that he was right and I was wrong.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 6, 2023, 10:22 am

I believe it is known as the "broken clock" principle.

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » March 6, 2023, 10:31 am

Whistler wrote:
March 6, 2023, 9:28 am
BillaRickaDickay wrote:
March 6, 2023, 9:12 am
It's a bit like the House of Lords in the UK then, no Salaries but Expenses paid for Attending, I'm talking Gov officials.
We all know what a farce that is.
No doubt to many attending, financing the whole show, their intentions are good, but as I have said before, we have the technology to discuss these things over the Net.
There's a tendency to hang onto a position even when that position becomes increasingly untenable, sorry to say this, but you appear to be in that mode.
Well of course I expect you to take that stance.
You don't seem to acknowledge that there may be another reason for such a large gathering of businessmen and government officials.
Dare I suggest it, As you say run by businessmen, nothing to do with selling their wares to these government officials then? You know I'll scratch your back etc, what a great business opportunity.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 6, 2023, 10:41 am

You are being far too kind UM.

Firstly, KP says they are government funded junkets. There is no funding going to Davos, their is a huge difference between funding and paying expenses.

The payment of expenses does not flow into Davos one way or another either.

Projects that spin off from Davos does entail funding of those projects, no money flows into Davos, they simply administer the distribution of those funds. This is incredibly common in the not for profit sector where funding is centrally sourced but distributed by other NFP's. The Australian National Disability Scheme, the NDIS is an excellent example of this model.

What is entirely clear is that KP's comments were intended to disparage Davos and he used funding as part of his argument.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 6, 2023, 10:45 am

BillaRickaDickay wrote:
March 6, 2023, 10:31 am
Whistler wrote:
March 6, 2023, 9:28 am
BillaRickaDickay wrote:
March 6, 2023, 9:12 am
It's a bit like the House of Lords in the UK then, no Salaries but Expenses paid for Attending, I'm talking Gov officials.
We all know what a farce that is.
No doubt to many attending, financing the whole show, their intentions are good, but as I have said before, we have the technology to discuss these things over the Net.
There's a tendency to hang onto a position even when that position becomes increasingly untenable, sorry to say this, but you appear to be in that mode.
Well of course I expect you to take that stance.
You don't seem to acknowledge that there may be another reason for such a large gathering of businessmen and government officials.
Dare I suggest it, As you say run by businessmen, nothing to do with selling their wares to these government officials then? You know I'll scratch your back etc, what a great business opportunity.
I will not disagree with you. The questions however being asked here are not about motivation, it is about funding. Maybe a discussion for another day, I think Industry and Governemnt should always be engaged in discussions.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 7, 2023, 9:21 am

Udon Map wrote:
March 6, 2023, 10:00 am
Khun Paul wrote:
March 6, 2023, 8:54 am
The Forum also works with government agencies in order to achieve project or initiative objectives, and, in certain instances, these agencies fund those activities through the Forum.

Hence I was correct there IS Government money used in DAVOS one way or the other.
I just went back and looked. Although he seems to have forgotten, what KP actually said was, "Who bloody cares governmental fuded junkets are now the norm...." So technically, he was correct. He didn't say that governments fund the WEF, only that they pay the travel expenses of government people who attend (junkets), hence he was correct.

So now I'll say something which I don't believe that I've ever heard him say in 10½ years of my involvement in this forum, and something which he has repeatedly accused me of never saying: It appears that he was right and I was wrong.

Tks... I think ,

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » March 8, 2023, 3:28 pm

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » March 26, 2023, 8:00 am

Too late. Prawit has already bought his inauguration gift.
https://www.scmp.com/magazines/style/lu ... tourbillon
Attachments
Patek 2.jpg

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 26, 2023, 8:19 am

borrowed not bought remember?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 26, 2023, 8:34 am

Thaksin daughter appears to be leading in some of the polls at the moment , but anything could and probably will happen before the May general elections.
Indeed May may turn out to be a strange month with the Labour day holiday and another either side of election business closures and civil service disruption re vote counting and manning polling stations etc.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 26, 2023, 11:02 am

mak wrote:
March 26, 2023, 8:00 am
Too late. Prawit has already bought his inauguration gift.
https://www.scmp.com/magazines/style/lu ... tourbillon
....500 Baht Available on Sukumvit Road !!

Return to “Thailand News”