Khao Yai Fire

Thailand news, views and comments
mak
udonmap.com

Khao Yai Fire

Post by mak » March 31, 2023, 10:54 am

Attachments
Screenshot 2023-03-31 at 10-44-43 Raging wildfire engulfs mountains in northeast Thailand.png

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: Khao Yai Fire

Post by Khun Paul » April 1, 2023, 9:31 am

Foest fires are as a rsult of either stupidity or carelessness nrmally, but increasingly the doing away with the skill of Foresters, those whose ask it was to maintain forests, keeping the undergrowth clear, chopping down crowded trees manaining fie breaks etec, the jobs are endless.
in my youth tramping through firstes was enjoyable but after 20 odd yEars as WARDENS replaced foresters, skills were lost and fires started to breakout with as one old friend sad zero maintenance then it spreads twice as quickly .

Now I have no idea the cause of this particular fire but having been to many so-called forests n THAILAND, there appers to be minmal Forest husbandry carried out therefore it is not a surprise they got caught with their trousers down as it were.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 1, 2023, 8:07 pm

Are you for real?

After struggling through your illiteracy, I was left asking myself the question - what relevance does your experience of trampling through the long maintained forests of Blighty have to do with the near jungles in a Thai national park?

ps the Khao Yai fires were started by lightning strikes - no stupidity or carelessness involved.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 1, 2023, 9:52 pm

I have no knowledge of fire management in Thailand, but an expert knowledge of managing forests.

If KP's statement about minimal.management of Thailand forests is correct, I am with him.

The fact the fire was caused by a dry lightening strike is irrelevant, if fuel loads were above 7tonne/hectare, it was a serious fire waiting from a strike from any source.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 2, 2023, 7:09 am

jackspratt wrote:
April 1, 2023, 8:07 pm
Are you for real?

After struggling through your illiteracy, I was left asking myself the question - what relevance does your experience of trampling through the long maintained forests of Blighty have to do with the near jungles in a Thai national park?

ps the Khao Yai fires were started by lightning strikes - no stupidity or carelessness involved.
You are of course 100% sure about that as so often here the People that lived on l;and for centuries zhave been displaced and NOW we have fires getting out of control. By the way Forest husbandry was a skill something you know nothing about be skillful only in ridicule and insults.

Return to “Thailand News”