Will the last person to leave please turn off the light

World news discussion forum
Prenders88
udonmap.com

Will the last person to leave please turn off the light

Post by Prenders88 » July 2, 2009, 2:34 pm

Britain is now the most violent country in Europe.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... a-U-S.html :yikes: :yikes:

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Re: Will the last person to leave please turn off the light

Post by Bandung_Dero » July 2, 2009, 2:42 pm

Not being English can I ask what sort of creditability the Daily Mail has? Looking at the junk down the right hand side of the web site does not look like the type of thing a professional publication would place!

Staggering statistics if true.

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » July 2, 2009, 2:50 pm

I read The Mail most days, but take most of what it prints with a pinch of salt. It's a Tory paper, i.e. Anti Goverment, so a lot of it's reporting is biased.

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » July 2, 2009, 3:02 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:Not being English can I ask what sort of creditability the Daily Mail has? Looking at the junk down the right hand side of the web site does not look like the type of thing a professional publication would place!

Staggering statistics if true.
The stats are from the EU Commision, the UN, and the Tories.

WBU ALUM
udonmap.com

Post by WBU ALUM » July 2, 2009, 4:11 pm

Prenders88 wrote:Britain is now the most violent country in Europe.

And all of this without guns? Hmmmm ...

lepidoptra
udonmap.com

Post by lepidoptra » July 2, 2009, 6:23 pm

As a UK resident I do not know of any newspaper that doesn't lean towards the left or right of politics. I do however believe that the situation regarding law and order in the UK is breaking down. When I read the local stories page after page is full of stories of violence and anti-social behaviour on our streets. Is it not a fact that the UK tops the table for Binge drinkers, pregnant unmarried teenagers, and not forgeting we breed the best soccer hooligans in Europe closely followed by Holland. Crime is increasing at an alarming rate, where in certain areas, it would be foolish to venture out after dark. Police keep telling us that it's the fear of crime that is the main problem. Try telling that to a friend of mine who was robbed and beaten trying to withraw cash at an ATM.
I'm not sure why things are going down hill so rapidly. My suggestion would beto rid ourselves of the PC Brigade and do- gooders and things might improve although I do feel it's shutting the gate after the horse has bolted. 32% in London.

MALC
udonmap.com

Post by MALC » July 2, 2009, 8:15 pm

yes britains knackered. every town has a police station that shuts at six. locked doors. the only way u get a response. is if u phone 999. and say its racial. they will be there in seconds. :D

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » July 3, 2009, 7:22 am

lepidoptra wrote:As a UK resident I do not know of any newspaper that doesn't lean towards the left or right of politics. I do however believe that the situation regarding law and order in the UK is breaking down. When I read the local stories page after page is full of stories of violence and anti-social behaviour on our streets. Is it not a fact that the UK tops the table for Binge drinkers, pregnant unmarried teenagers, and not forgeting we breed the best soccer hooligans in Europe closely followed by Holland. Crime is increasing at an alarming rate, where in certain areas, it would be foolish to venture out after dark. Police keep telling us that it's the fear of crime that is the main problem. Try telling that to a friend of mine who was robbed and beaten trying to withraw cash at an ATM.
I'm not sure why things are going down hill so rapidly. My suggestion would beto rid ourselves of the PC Brigade and do- gooders and things might improve although I do feel it's shutting the gate after the horse has bolted. 32% in London.
bill , from what i saw you had it all in thailand , got upset about paying 4 quid for a can of shaving cream , and returned to england !!!!!! why ? did you think that britain had changed dramaticaly whilst you were in thailand ? there is only one way britain is going and it sure aint up !! i think you can blame lots of things for crime and basicaly civil unrest in britain , P C , poor imagration laws , lack of police and soft judges , poor or no dicipline in schools , the home or anywhere else you wanna think about . the list is endless . britains social problems are similar to global warming as far as i can see , everybodys been aware and talking about the problem for years , nothing has ever been done , now its past the point of no return . no im wrong !! at least with global warming there are some who are trying to fix the problem !!!!! to me ,britain is a w~nked out country , that has had its identity watered down so much over the last fifty years that no one cares anymore . just my opinion , and im certainly not proud of the fact .

cali4995
udonmap.com

Post by cali4995 » July 3, 2009, 7:39 am

Don't get to thinking the US is such a church picnic. I can only imagine we didn't make the rankings
because the real estate is so spread out. We have an alarming homeless population and if you spend
time in literally any inner-city area it differs drastically from the old, peaceful life on the ranch. :lol:

Michael C
udonmap.com

Post by Michael C » July 3, 2009, 9:42 am

Lepidoptra, don’t be so hard on the UK. In a multi-year report that covered half a decade, the US beats out the UK almost 2:1 on teenage pregnancy with a rate of 64/1,000 teenagers giving birth to the UK’s 33/1,000 teenagers giving birth. (Source: United Nations Population Division)

WBU ALUM, murder (homicide) rates in the US are at 5.6/100,000 (for the latest year figures that are available) compared to 1.49/100,000 for the UK, so the lack of guns probably have a great deal to do with their murder (homicide) rate being more than 3X, closer to 4X lower than that of the US, despite having a higher overall violent crime rate. Anyone could imagine what the murder rate would look like if they were all running around with guns- even higher than the US :shock: One should look at Japan, which has among the strictest gun control laws, as a model for the lowest violent crime rates (and lowest teen pregnancy rates= 4/1,000) in the industrialised world. (Source: FBI for US figures/ EU Commission for UK figures/ United Nations Population Division for Japanese figures)

As for me, I think I will just stay here where I have had nothing but a happy and peaceful existence :)

Marmite The Dog
udonmap.com

Post by Marmite The Dog » July 3, 2009, 10:00 am

WBU ALUM wrote:
Prenders88 wrote:Britain is now the most violent country in Europe.

And all of this without guns? Hmmmm ...
Just as well by the looks of things. Think how many schoolyard massacres they'd have if they had a backward pro-gun culture. :shock:

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » October 6, 2010, 10:42 am

I know it's the DM, but blinking heck, if only half of this story is true it's a national disgrace.

As millions of decent families face benefits cuts, one woman who's never worked in her life is investing hers... in a £4,500 boob job

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z11XygqzbS

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » October 6, 2010, 11:06 am

Whilst i agree totally with the disbelief and disgust of the article Galee - what a lovely set of bristols - nice tits shame about the face !!

hangsaboot
udonmap.com

Post by hangsaboot » October 6, 2010, 11:23 am

MALC wrote:yes britains knackered. every town has a police station that shuts at six. locked doors. the only way u get a response. is if u phone 999. and say its racial. they will be there in seconds. :D
i say old boy , stiff upper lip , and all that .
we must look after the koons , from the colonies.
no rachel predjudice , in the ranks. [-X

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » October 6, 2010, 12:53 pm

Without wishing to be controversial seems to me this increase in the UK crime rate coincides with the influx of all these immigrants ,asylum seekers and the like . My home town for instance used to be a decent place to go out my daughter is scared to go out in the evening because in her words all the ethnics are causing trouble and as a customer said in the shop his mum living in London is constantly harrassed and afraid of all the foreigners .

My question is this - If the UK had the same immigration policy thats in place here in Thailand would things be better ? i dont give a fig if folks think im racist but the UK is f****ed and well on the way to becoming an islamic state .

While im having a rant youve got these Pakkis appealling for flood aid with one hand and pulling a trigger to kill Westerners with the other something wrong bigtime IMO.

Rant over time for a pie .

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » October 7, 2010, 9:32 am

On a related subject - Did any one see David Camerons (UK PM) speech at the Tory conference last night ?? First of all twas an excellent 45 minutes in rallying the troops on how the once great UK could be great again IF WE ALL PUL TOGETHER !! ............. bearing in mind he mentioned just about everthing in a light hearted even joking manor (ref the world cup defeat by the krauts) ............ eeerr.... DID I MISS SOMETHING ? not one mention on immigration and all the race problems the uk is currently facing , CRIME got a decent 10 minute spot but not even a word on home grown terrorists , asylum seekers a massive influx of ragheads , Somalis Poles ETC ETC and other scum bags who now call Britain home .

Again if folks think im racist then sobeit i just feel strongly that my country of birth is becoming the trashbin for the worlds free loaders to reside ....... what bothers me more that many like my daughter and the elderly are afraid to go out at night in fear of these extremist scumbags and druggies some of whom are British nationals white or black or mucky brown .

latest rant over time for a CC sausage sub for brekkie , have a nice day.

jon

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » October 7, 2010, 10:13 am

I saw it. I'm not really into politics but thought it was a very slick production. Even found myself applauding with the audience a few times. :oops: Maybe finally we have a Government with the balls and common sense to get the country out of the c**p.
That said, I never forget that it's all a PR exercise based on spin. Never trust a Politician. :D
Agree with Piemash, there was a lot of important issues that weren't mentioned. Unfortunately nowadays you are not allowed to have an opinion on immigration without being accused of being a racist. :evil:

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 7, 2010, 10:21 am

You earn that label by calling people '*****', 'ragheads', '******', 'crackers' and so on, not for well-reasoned arguments that oppose immigration although there are certainly political sections of the population that will call anyone a racist, non-inclusive and non-progressive if you oppose their agenda.

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » October 7, 2010, 10:58 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:You earn that label by calling people '*****', 'ragheads', '******', 'crackers' and so on, not for well-reasoned arguments that oppose immigration although there are certainly political sections of the population that will call anyone a racist, non-inclusive and non-progressive if you oppose their agenda.
I am strongly opposed to the past and current Uk immigration policies for numerous reasons , it seems nothing can be said without getting the race hate card slapped in your face , even down to employers in government bodies ie the local councils must employ a minimum % of immigrant workers knowing if they dont then its called racial dicrimination - why should they if they cant do the job thats available ? inturn when parts of towns and cities throughout the UK are virtual no go areas for the police and the elderly are walking around sh*t scared no amount of verbal diahorea will change my stance.

REF my use of the word ***** , regheads YES hands up i openly use these without an iota of remorse , as for "****** " if you are refering to Chinese then my girlfriend is indeed a ***** sir .......... NOW "crackers" i dont now your nationality and/or English language skills but i dont have the foggiest what you are talking about if related to a racist remark.

When folks mention dicrimination / racism .... i think of the poor sod who had his head hacked off with a pen knife whilst filmed by those fine upstanding al Queada chaps .

Smell the bacon mate !!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 7, 2010, 12:21 pm

What or more to the point WHO are "crackers"?

I lived in England for 50 years and can't ever remember hearing any race of people being called "crackers"

Return to “World News”