Obama wins the Nobel Peace Prize - I like that guy

World news discussion forum
The Farmer
udonmap.com

Obama wins the Nobel Peace Prize - I like that guy

Post by The Farmer » October 10, 2009, 12:18 am

Last edited by arjay on October 10, 2009, 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: To make title clear

Flo
udonmap.com

Re: I like that guy

Post by Flo » October 10, 2009, 1:32 am

:-k Is he planning a trip to Udon soon? Does he have a girlfriend in Udon? Any correlation between him and Udon I do not know? :-"

:pirate:

The Farmer
udonmap.com

Post by The Farmer » October 10, 2009, 1:42 am

You should learn something.

Sorry...

You stay in Udon?

Flo
udonmap.com

Post by Flo » October 10, 2009, 1:50 am

The Farmer wrote:You should learn something.

Sorry...

You stay in Udon?
Actually not! That`s one reason for me reading this thread "General topics on Udon Thani", to keep my self up to date about what`s going on in Udon. So I wondered if he possibly has intentions of coming on holiday.

Now, what do I have to learn?

The Farmer
udonmap.com

Post by The Farmer » October 10, 2009, 2:04 am

Psssst.Sometime it is better to say nothing...........
Believe me
Nobi

Flo
udonmap.com

Post by Flo » October 10, 2009, 2:11 am

The Farmer wrote:Psssst.Sometime it is better to say nothing...........
Believe me
Nobi
Farmer, let me explain it to you in easy words:

I think you should have posted your new topic here: http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/w ... s-f37.html

I was just surprised to find the news about Mr. Obama in this thread which deals with information about Udon.

Do you understand? :mrgreen:

The Farmer
udonmap.com

Post by The Farmer » October 10, 2009, 2:16 am

Yes,I understand!
I have no idea,where,but you will teach me again....
Always so bad in English...(now I write English in BIG letters)
i am learning....

Forgiven me
Nobi

Flo
udonmap.com

Post by Flo » October 10, 2009, 2:22 am

The Farmer wrote:Yes,I understand!
I have no idea,where,but you will teach me again....
Always so bad in English...(now I write English in BIG letters)
i am learning....

Forgiven me
Nobi
A lack of humour is worse then a lack of language skills! :mrgreen:

Have a good time!

Alchai
udonmap.com

Post by Alchai » October 10, 2009, 2:25 am

Nobi you don´t need to be forgiven. You have posted your view on Obama, not the fact that he won the peace prize.

The Farmer
udonmap.com

Post by The Farmer » October 10, 2009, 2:31 am

any Arguments?

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » October 10, 2009, 6:57 am

I like him I was also surprised he won while in office less than a year shows me he is trying to bring world peace which is a big change after the idiot left who alienated most of the world leaders now that I called the idiot a idiot you can delete my post I detest even writing his initials that how much the scum/bag disgust me I will not even call him a man

arjay
udonmap.com

Re: Obama wins the Nobel Peace Prize - I like that guy

Post by arjay » October 10, 2009, 7:30 am

As there is no connection between Obama and Udon Thani, the topic has been moved from "General Topics on Udon Thani" to "World News".

Please avoid this turning into a debate on American politics otherwise it will be deleted.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 10, 2009, 7:51 am

It is a ridiculous decision since Obama has done nothing to earn it. What has he accomplished internationally? Better to leave the Nobel unawarded this year.

Perhaps it was bestowed on Obama to bolster his sagging popularity at home.

jimboLV
udonmap.com

Post by jimboLV » October 10, 2009, 7:57 am

I like that guy also. His daughters' comments are priceless (if they really said them). However, The Nobel "Peace" Prize lost all relevance when it was awarded to that overfed windbag Al Gore, who has done nothing about global warming except line his pockets with cash. Apparently the committee is impressed by words, not deeds.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » October 10, 2009, 8:00 am

i don't like him...............and that is one of the most undeserving awards i can think of. he had done absolutely nothing to bring the world to peace, unless you consider making a bad economy even worst than when he started. IMHO. 8)

seymourbutts
udonmap.com

Post by seymourbutts » October 10, 2009, 8:16 am

its ironic that Mr Nobel's other claim to fame is he invented TNT!!!! And I agree JimboLV. they once checked out his house and found he was using enough electricity for 17 normal houses yet he wasnt home!!!!!

I can think of no other person on this planet to pin our hopes on for peace or a more peaceful world!! Thats probably why Bush never made the list let alone the ball park!!

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » October 10, 2009, 8:26 am

Well, i like Obama but to be honest, the Nobel peace prize for a few speeches (Great speeches) which were full of promises, that are not yet delivered, is meaningless compared to the efforts of lesser known people over many years. I thought it was an award for what you had done, not promised.

I will end world poverty, cure all diseases and end all wars. Ok, i have made my promise, can i have my prize now?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » October 10, 2009, 8:40 am

Unfortunately rick, you are not in a position to follow up on your promises.

Fortunately, Obama is.

seymourbutts
udonmap.com

Post by seymourbutts » October 10, 2009, 8:55 am

jackspratt wrote:Unfortunately rick, you are not in a position to follow up on your promises.

Fortunately, Obama is.
That to me is the point of his award.... Put your money where your mouth is barak!!! and heres the top prize in advance for when youve done it, or become the first person in history to have it taken away!!!!

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » October 10, 2009, 9:34 am

BUsh never made the list because Aznyron protested and whined to much about him on public forums! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would gree that the committee is probaly trying to influence Obama into continuing dialogue with the old''axis of Evil'' group,in the hope that wars will be put off!

I agree with the Nation editorial about the committees motives.Whether or not they are Obama is successful,no one knows!

EDITORIAL
Peace prize for Obama miore a symbol of hope
By The Nation
Published on October 10, 2009

The Nobel committee's has made a controversial choice but the decision seems to have been made based not on achievement but on the potential

Without even reading the citation of the decision to award this year's Peace Prize to US President Barack Obama, the whole world knows that the Nobel Prize Committee believed in the power of change coming from his leadership and wisdom. By awarding a sitting president of the world's most powerful nation, the Nobel Peace Prize this time has a different purpose - to give the winner prestige and confidence that could serve as tools for him to make peace. The Nobel committee members did not want to wait and see a long list of what he could or could not do. Some in the past got the prize but did not follow up on their professed qualities. Now, the committee wants to see Obama using his political aura and charisma to bring global peace. So, this year's prize goes to the world leader who has the good intention of doing better for world peace.

The choice is going to be controversial and much criticised because it is not based on results but rather on Obama's potential to attain peace.

Only nine months into his presidency, the US president has already generated sky-high expectations around the world, which surprises even the American people. Nonetheless, Obama has yet to prove that he can achieve much more in the future during his presidency.

The prize will augment Obama's influence on the global stage and increase his credibility as a facilitator or broker in ending conflicts in the Middle East and elsewhere. In the past, this prestigious prize was given to world leaders who had engaged in peace building. Given the more complicated and dangerous world we are living in today, there is an urgent need to seize the opportunity and build on goodwill and peace initiatives. In the months and years ahead, Obama has to shoulder the responsibility of huge global issues, not to mention the battle at home over his healthcare plan. We wish him all the success in his endeavours.

Return to “World News”