ClimateGate busts things wide open

World news discussion forum
ronan01
udonmap.com

Post by ronan01 » June 21, 2016, 7:05 am

CO2 is essential to life on earth.

All life is carbon based and CO2 is one of the primary sources for this.

There are some brain dead members of society who want to "de-carbonise" the economy and the planet.

"De-carbonising" the economy and the planet is about as stupid as it gets.

Those who want a "de-carbonised" economy and society should hold their breath for a long time ...... a very long time.

THE POSITIVE IMPACT OF HUMAN CO2 EMISSIONS ON THE SURVIVAL OF LIFE ON EARTH:

https://wattsupwiththat.files.wordpress ... ssions.pdf

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » June 21, 2016, 7:22 am

Planet earth chugged along for millions of years, no pollution from mankind except for a few farts and cooking fires. Then came the industrial revolution where man started spewing pollution into the atmosphere, and this has no effect, I think you are the brain dead one Ronan, let common sense prevail please.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » June 21, 2016, 8:13 am

oh god what's he found now that he has no idea about, CO2 is good for plants, yes it is, in a controlled environment. the only way these plants can benefit in the long run is if we GM all of them, plus we better find some serious herbicides to control invasive plants

The grasses, as well as many other groups, evolved new mechanisms of metabolism to survive the low CO2 and warm, dry conditions of the tropics over the last 10 million years
wiki
The Poaceae are the most economically important plant family, providing staple foods from domesticated cereal crops such as maize (corn), wheat, rice, barley, and millet as well as forage, building materials (bamboo, thatch, straw) and fuel (ethanol).
wiki
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

ronan01
udonmap.com

Post by ronan01 » June 21, 2016, 9:45 am

coxo wrote:Planet earth chugged along for millions of years, no pollution from mankind except for a few farts and cooking fires. Then came the industrial revolution where man started spewing pollution into the atmosphere, and this has no effect, I think you are the brain dead one Ronan, let common sense prevail please.
Is CO2 pollution?

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » June 21, 2016, 10:04 am

ronan01 wrote: by ronan01 » June 21, 2016, 9:45 am

coxo wrote:
Planet earth chugged along for millions of years, no pollution from mankind except for a few farts and cooking fires. Then came the industrial revolution where man started spewing pollution into the atmosphere, and this has no effect, I think you are the brain dead one Ronan, let common sense prevail please.

Is CO2 pollution?

Ahh yes Ronan it is, the main source of human CO2 emissions is the burning of fossil fuels, coal, natural gas and oil, for someone that has taken a mightier than mighty stance on this subject you a certainly seem to lack balance.

tataw
udonmap.com

Post by tataw » June 21, 2016, 10:54 am

ronan01
udonmap.com

Post by ronan01 » June 21, 2016, 10:56 am

coxo wrote:
ronan01 wrote: by ronan01 » June 21, 2016, 9:45 am

coxo wrote:

Is CO2 pollution?

Ahh yes Ronan it is, the main source of human CO2 emissions is the burning of fossil fuels, coal, natural gas and oil, for someone that has taken a mightier than mighty stance on this subject you a certainly seem to lack balance.
So every mammal that exhales is creating pollution?

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » June 21, 2016, 11:00 am

ronan01 wrote: by ronan01 » June 21, 2016, 10:56 am

coxo wrote:
ronan01 wrote:
by ronan01 » June 21, 2016, 9:45 am

coxo wrote:

Is CO2 pollution?

Human made emissions since the industrial revolution, put your classes on.

ronan01
udonmap.com

Post by ronan01 » June 21, 2016, 12:04 pm

coxo wrote:
ronan01 wrote: by ronan01 » June 21, 2016, 10:56 am

coxo wrote:
ronan01 wrote:
by ronan01 » June 21, 2016, 9:45 am

coxo wrote:

Is CO2 pollution?

Human made emissions since the industrial revolution, put your classes on.
I did not ask about human made emissions since the industrial revolution, I asked is CO2 pollution.

Your claim is that CO2 is a pollutant, I disagree.

By your thinking every mammal, including humans, that exhales, is creating pollution.

Or do you claim that human made CO2 is pollution, but natural CO2 is not.

Human caused CO2 is estimated to be about 3% of the total. Is the remaining 97% of CO2 not pollution?

udonmap.com

Post by 12345 » June 21, 2016, 12:30 pm

ronan01 wrote:Your claim is that CO2 is a pollutant, I disagree.

By your thinking every mammal, including humans, that exhales, is creating pollution.

Or do you claim that human made CO2 is pollution, but natural CO2 is not.

Human caused CO2 is estimated to be about 3% of the total. Is the remaining 97% of CO2 not pollution?
That statement always baffles me, when pointing out "we need to curtail CO2 emissions". I guess most 'climate change / global warmist' weren't paying attention in HS. Without CO2, we wouldn't have - O - , that plant in / out thing which gives us life.

Being a tree hugger may be better use of the 'eco-terrorist's / alarmists' time.
Carbon dioxide (chemical formula CO2) is a colorless and odorless gas vital to life on Earth.

As part of the carbon cycle, plants, algae, and cyanobacteria use light energy to photosynthesize carbohydrate from carbon dioxide and water, with oxygen produced as a waste product
- Wiki

The industrial age hasn't even come close to putting a dent in emissions, as levels and temps were higher before the industrial age. In the grand scale of things, not as warm as previous warming trends, and pretty much right on schedule with the past.

While basking in the warmth and sunshine, mankind had better be concerned about water pollution, and what human population the planet can sustain. All this while thinking about what follows the warming trends........the Ice Age.

ronan01
udonmap.com

Post by ronan01 » June 25, 2016, 2:15 pm

Electric vehicles:

https://youtu.be/arQ8_PW-RiA

ronan01
udonmap.com

Post by ronan01 » June 28, 2016, 4:06 pm

A Young Person’s Guide to the Greenhouse Effect

"Back in the 1950’s Charles Keeling started making very precise and regular measurements of the amount of various gases in the atmosphere to see if they were changing. He did his experiments on a mountain in Hawaii a long way away from industry and traffic because he wanted to get an idea of what was happening on a global scale.

All the measurements showed that one gas, Carbon Dioxide, CO2, has been steadily increasing all over the world. At the same time the average temperature of the earth has also been increasing (but not quite so steadily).

Because the environment scare and the nuclear war scare were fresh in people’s minds they decided that the two things were connected and that rising CO2 must be causing the temperature to go up. They started calling CO2 a ‘pollutant’ like DDT and radioactive fallout. The increase in CO2 is supposed to be due to humans burning coal and oil in industry but there are other explanations for it.
"

http://blackjay.net/wp-content/uploads/ ... YPGTGE.pdf

I find it incredible that alarmists routinely interchange CO2 and CARBON and talk about CARBON POLLUTION and DE-CARBONISING society.

Just more alarmist dishonesty.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » June 28, 2016, 4:41 pm

ronan01 wrote:... http://blackjay.net/wp-content/uploads/ ... YPGTGE.pdf

I find it incredible that alarmists routinely interchange CO2 and CARBON and talk about CARBON POLLUTION and DE-CARBONISING society.

Well, there's more to this particular story. The link leads to an article by one John Reid, a retired physicist (not a climatologist or oceanographer) from Australia. In fact, the website, "blackjay.net" is Mr. Reid's blog. Much of it seems to be focused on his position that global warming does not exist, which position he says is supported by an impartial statistical analysis of recorded observations of temperature, carbon dioxide levels, etc. As he says in one of his posts there, "I have shown statistically that global average temperature is also a random walk implying that there is nothing unexpected nor unusual about global temperature. There is no need to look for an explanation in terms of CO2 or solar activity or anything else. There is nothing to explain. There has been no climate change, at least not since Termination I which happened 11,000 years ago."

He goes on to say, however, that his paper putting forth this theory "has so far been rejected by the Journal of the Royal Statistical Society and by Tellus A, a prestigious Swedish meteorological journal."

Mr. Reid's primary published forum for his writings seems to be Quadrant, a well-known right-wing Australian publication started in 1956 by the Australian Committee for Cultural Freedom, the Australian arm of the Congress for Cultural Freedom, an anti-communist advocacy group funded by the CIA.

As has been said in this thread before, it's easy to find support for nearly any position somewhere in the world.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 28, 2016, 5:00 pm

Oh golly gosh. Let's hope 01 isn't on the CIA's payroll too. 01 might have gone rogue as I thought the defence establishment in the US considered climate change a threat to US national security. I don't think 01 would be keen to be part of that song and dance. He listens to different music.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

ronan01
udonmap.com

Post by ronan01 » June 28, 2016, 5:06 pm

Udon Map wrote:
ronan01 wrote:... http://blackjay.net/wp-content/uploads/ ... YPGTGE.pdf

Well, there's more to this particular story. The link leads to an article by one John Reid, a retired physicist (not a climatologist or oceanographer) from Australia. In fact, the website, "blackjay.net" is Mr. Reid's blog. Much of it seems to be focused on his position that global warming does not exist, which position he says is supported by an impartial statistical analysis of recorded observations of temperature, carbon dioxide levels, etc. As he says in one of his posts there, "I have shown statistically that global average temperature is also a random walk implying that there is nothing unexpected nor unusual about global temperature. There is no need to look for an explanation in terms of CO2 or solar activity or anything else. There is nothing to explain. There has been no climate change, at least not since Termination I which happened 11,000 years ago."

He goes on to say, however, that his paper putting forth this theory "has so far been rejected by the Journal of the Royal Statistical Society and by Tellus A, a prestigious Swedish meteorological journal."

Mr. Reid's primary published forum for his writings seems to be Quadrant, a well-known right-wing Australian publication started in 1956 by the Australian Committee for Cultural Freedom, the Australian arm of the Congress for Cultural Freedom, an anti-communist advocacy group funded by the CIA.

As has been said in this thread before, it's easy to find support for nearly any position somewhere in the world.
Most climatologists (where do you study that?) have little or no knowledge of physics.

Physicist's tend to study thermodynamics, fluid dynamics - you know, the stuff that happens in the physical world. Physicist's need strong mathematical skills.

Physics - The science of matter and energy and of interactions between the two, grouped in traditional fields such as acoustics, optics, mechanics, thermodynamics, and electromagnetism, as well as in modern extensions including atomic and nuclear physics, cryogenics, solid-state physics, particle physics, and plasma physics.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/physics

And I still I find it incredible that alarmists routinely interchange CO2 and CARBON and talk about CARBON POLLUTION and DE-CARBONISING society.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » June 28, 2016, 5:54 pm

Physicist's tend to study thermodynamics, fluid dynamics - you know, the stuff that happens in the physical world. Physicist's need strong mathematical skills.

Physics - The science of matter and energy and of interactions between the two, grouped in traditional fields such as acoustics, optics, mechanics, thermodynamics, and electromagnetism, as well as in modern extensions including atomic and nuclear physics, cryogenics, solid-state physics, particle physics, and plasma physics.

yes but ronan they study things at an atomic leval, really really small things, then they apply that to really really big things like the universe .
I study botany , just because I understand plant respiration ,I does not qualify me to do lung transplants on humans.
as said you quoted from a blog, just someone's thoughts, not even qualified, who's peers debunked his statistics
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » June 29, 2016, 7:34 am

ronan01 wrote:Most climatologists (where do you study that?) have little or no knowledge of physics.
I would be interested to learn of your source for the statement that most climatologists have little or no knowledge of physics.

Where does one study climatology? Here are just a few of the colleges/universities which offer Ph.D. degrees in climatology-related studies:
  • ● University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK; Ph.D. in Antarctic Studies
    ● Wageningen UR, Wageningen, Netherlands; Ph.D. in Environment and Climate Research
    ● Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK; Ph.D. in Palaeoclimate and Climate Systems
    ● National Institute for Nuclear Science and Technology, Gif-sur-Yvette, France; Ph.D. in Climate Modelling
    ● Instituto Superior Técnico, Lisbon, Portugal; Ph.D. in Climate Changes and Sustainable Development Policy
    ● Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Basel, Switzerland; Ph.D. in Environmental Sciences
    ● The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick, United States; P.D. in Atmospheric Science
    ● University of Bern, Berne, Switzerland; Ph.D. from the Graduate School of Climate Sciences
    ● Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts; Ph.D. in Climate Variability and Impacts
Lots more choices, too.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » June 29, 2016, 8:14 am

We are all doomed what matter what you believe.
Lucky I've got some cold weather jackets to bring back to Thailand.
Gotta few years yet till we freeze over.

The sun has 'gone blank' and there could be another ice age on the way

The Mirror.

The sun has gone "completely blank" for the second time this month suggesting that Earth could be heading for a mini ICE AGE.

Earlier this month, there were no sunspots on the massive star's surface for four days - something which hadn't happened since 2011. This has since happened again.
A lack of sun spots is totally normal, but it does hint that the sun is heading for its next "solar minimum phase".
The next solar minimum phase is expected to take place in 2019 or 2020, says meteorologist Paul Dorian of Vencore Weather , who expects to see an increasing number of spotless days over the next few years.
The last time the sun saw a such a long phase with no sunspots, it ushered in what scientists refer to as a the 'Maunder Minimum' back in 1645.
This caused temperatures to plunge dramatically, and even resulted in the Thames freezing over.
Some experts think that a similar mini ice age could be coming again soon.
The solar phenomenon could even prove dangerous for astronauts, says Paul Dorian.
During these spotless phases of the sun, extreme ultraviolet radiation drops, resulting in lower aerodynamic drag as the Earth's atmosphere cools and contracts.
The lower drag can cause space junk to accumulate in orbit, which could result in a collision with the International Space Station or other spacecraft.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 29, 2016, 3:43 pm

That seems as convincing as an astrology column. If there's some spine in it, Purple Haze will provide it.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » June 29, 2016, 6:32 pm

Odds are 50-50
Either right or wrong

Return to “World News”