Romney: God created America to rule the world

World news discussion forum
Asiaphile
udonmap.com

Post by Asiaphile » October 8, 2011, 9:02 am

__ Leading Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney declared Friday that God created America to lead the world, and accused President Barack Obama of deliberately weakening his nation.

Romney sought to bolster his credentials to serve as commander-in-chief as new polls showed him back at the top of the Republican field and in a tight potential head-to-head matchup with Obama ahead of next year's election.

"God did not create this country to be a nation of followers. America is not destined to be one of several equally balanced global powers," Romney said, in the most important foreign policy speech of the Republican campaign so far.

"America must lead the world, or someone else will," he said, arguing that the globe would be more dangerous absent a prime role for Washington . . .
http://www.democraticunderground.com/di ... 39x2075435
:-k :shock: :confused:

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » October 8, 2011, 9:37 am

What is really scary is there are a lot of americans who believe what he said.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » October 8, 2011, 9:42 am

If that's true, wonder why HE didn't give them their own language ? :lol:
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » October 8, 2011, 9:43 am

jai yen yen wrote:What is really scary is there are a lot of americans who believe what he said.
Yeah,plenty of weird ******* Yanks about,mormon or not :shock: :D

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » October 8, 2011, 9:43 am

Sounds like something Hitler said in the 30's.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » October 8, 2011, 9:46 am

trubrit wrote:If that's true, wonder why HE didn't give them their own language ? :lol:
On second thoughts , maybe HE did . :-" :lol:

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » October 8, 2011, 11:06 am

You can say what you like about America, but without it's Insatiable appetite for Invention our lives may well have been very different. I personally love my Air Conditioning, some thing I never had until 12 years ago. The Modern Motor Car along with many Industrial Machines also springs to mind. Thanks America, I like Flying to Thailand twice a Year for my Holidays :D =D> =D>

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » October 8, 2011, 11:31 am

I don't think anyone was knocking America or its citizens, I certainly wasn't. Just commenting on the mindset of Romney who is a potential future president and those of similar thought .

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » October 8, 2011, 11:42 am

God created America to rule the world...what a load of crap. Geez I feel sorry for you buggers, when one of your top men is running around with that fool notion in his head.

rjj04
udonmap.com

Post by rjj04 » October 8, 2011, 12:01 pm

Patents granted per capita...
#1 Luxembourg
#34 Turkmenistan
#40 United States

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/eco_p ... per-capita

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » October 8, 2011, 12:15 pm

America is a great country, no doubt about that. Bu when you have political leaders thinking they have god giving right to dominate the world I have concerns. Sort of like the radical muslims saying they have the right of Allah to be the only ones on this planet. Thinking like this is a big problem for everyone.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » October 8, 2011, 12:29 pm

Strange we have not had an American, on this thread, either condone or condemn the comments. Surely there are more sensible candidates than this capable of taking a leadership roll.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » October 8, 2011, 12:58 pm

If Romney wins the next presidency would it be compulsory for every library to have a copy of The Book of Mormon,where would it be found,in the comedy section :-k

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » October 8, 2011, 2:24 pm

One of America's founding fathers, Thomas Jefferson(1743-1846)American statesman and third president of the United States (1801-1809) wrote these words in 1776, in The Declaration Of Independence.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness."

Thomas Jefferson, according to Romney was mental. He should have included "and america was created to rule the world. By God" in that old document.

OT............ \:D/

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » October 8, 2011, 2:33 pm

"Strange we have not had an American, on this thread, either condone or condemn the comments."

I won't condemn the comments, but certainly any politician who proclaims that the people of Texas should join together in prayer to humbly seek an end to this devastating drought and these dangerous wildfires.....while at the same time questioning the validity of human-influenced global warming (Perry) won't get my vote.
I mentioned on another thread a Brahman ceremony that was to take place in Bangkok today asking the rain gods to spare the city. I note that in today's Bangkok Post, the city official responsible for the ceremony has toned it way down after residents of the city complained. Better to have the politicians in high-water boots or filling sandbags than to have them praying for some sort of magic to keep the city dry. Even the Thais get that!

gudtymchuk
udonmap.com

Post by gudtymchuk » October 8, 2011, 2:53 pm

Asiaphile wrote:__ Leading Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney declared Friday that God created America to lead the world, and accused President Barack Obama of deliberately weakening his nation.

"America must lead the world, or someone else will," he said, arguing that the globe would be more dangerous absent a prime role for Washington . . .
http://www.democraticunderground.com/di ... 39x2075435
:-k :shock: :confused:
Ok, I'm a yank and I will take the flack... sooo just wondering how some of you ******* can go from "Lead the World" to "Rule the World"? No where in the Romney speach does he use the word RULE!!!! Or maybe you just love to kindle your envy and ignore the facts.
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

rjj04
udonmap.com

Post by rjj04 » October 8, 2011, 3:36 pm

Changing from "lead" to "rule", that's just not cricket, now is it.

That being said, it is hilarious to watch these Republican candidates try to suck up to the fundamentalist right.

Asiaphile
udonmap.com

Post by Asiaphile » October 8, 2011, 8:53 pm

gudtymchuk wrote:... sooo just wondering how some of you ******* can go from "Lead the World" to "Rule the World"? No where in the Romney speach does he use the word RULE!!!! Or maybe you just love to kindle your envy and ignore the facts.
You are reducing the topic to a matter of semantics. “Rule” vs “Lead,” is not the gist of the discussion. What is scary is that a prospective “LEADER/RULER” of God’s Own Country, AND THE WORLD, feels called upon to “LEAD” the World by divine intervention, based on as little common sense as Aztec priests, who, many, many, moons ago, taking their cue from as much/little evidence, thought it was OK to sacrifize human beings because their gods had told them to do so.
And, by the way, calling people who hold a different point of view "*******" isn't "cricket" either . Civility?

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » October 8, 2011, 11:36 pm

Reacting to only the first post on this thread as i havent read the rest IMO its simple ..... Romney is a very rich moron sorry mormon -------- and coming out with stuff like this ..... only compounds my theory .... AMERICA DOES INDEED RULE THE WORLD ....... in obesity , drinking piss like Budd , AND term after term voting in a complete dickwit into the big house that Santa built .

As ever only MO ... Mash

Tracechain
udonmap.com

Post by Tracechain » October 9, 2011, 3:56 am

A wise man once said (my grandfather) that only a fool believes and tells his wife everything plus listens to politicans.
Hit 'em hard, hit 'em fast, hit 'em with the one they don't expect, and just keep hitting.

Return to “World News”