Israel Prepping To [actually] Attack Iran Nuke Facilities?

World news discussion forum
merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » September 16, 2012, 5:46 pm

So the world should just sit back and let this nut case in Iran develope an atom bomb. Boy, wouldn't the Islamic protesters causing havoc at this time around the world enjoy having something like that at their disposal.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » September 16, 2012, 5:56 pm

That is rather irrelevant MS as Pakistan have had them for years...
So they are already available.
If anyone thinks that Pakistan has a more stable population & government than Iran then they really are living in a dream world...

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » September 16, 2012, 5:59 pm

So Iran should be allowed to go ahead with their development of nukes?

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » September 16, 2012, 6:08 pm

I would suggest that they have absolutely as much right to have nuclear weapons as Israel have.
Whether it is sensible to allow anyone to have such things is debatable, but the fact is that they do.
There is & will be far greater danger of nuclear material falling into terrorist's hands from the former USSR states than it happening from Iran, for a very long time...

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » September 16, 2012, 6:18 pm

[quote="merchant seaman"]So the world should just sit back and let this nut case in Iran develope an atom bomb. Boy, wouldn't the Islamic protesters causing havoc at this time around the world enjoy having something like that at their disposal.[/quote]

No one is saying 'just sit back and let this nut case have their way'.

I could look at it this way: If Obama (or whoever) were able to strike a secret agreement with Iran to close down their nuke processing capability, and he was able to keep that agreement secret for 20 years, in 20 years time, would we really care about the secret handshake?

Did Gaddafi give up his capability because of some secret concession by the US? Maybe, maybe not. But the world was/is a better place because he stopped his nuclear program. ......and I doubt any secret concession (if there was one) really matters at this point.

I'm sure there were those in Kennedy's inner circle who questioned his concession to the Soviets.....wanting instead to plow Cuba back into the sea. Maybe that's what military superiority is all about in situations like this.......you have wiggle room to give up a little bit when necessary to get what you want without affecting your ability to still be superior. Kind of like being married.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » September 16, 2012, 6:29 pm

The problem is that in the last 70 or so years neither America, nor Western Europe has done anything to suggest to any Middle Eastern Arab nation that they have their best interests at heart.
They have interfered with their internal politics, deliberately disrupted their Governments and just plain lied to them.
If I was an Arab Middle Eastern nation I would have serious doubts about believing whatever anyone in the Western world promised me.
That makes it virtually impossible to negotiate with them.
It is all very well right wing Christian militant media getting on their case, but that is the sort of crap that has resulted in these issues in the first place.
America's outright refusal to condemn any action taken by Israel since its' inception really means that they are off the negotiation table.

China or Russia might have a chance of negotiating some sort of Middle Eastern solution, if they thought it was worth their while.

Asiaphile
udonmap.com

Post by Asiaphile » September 16, 2012, 8:53 pm

^Exactly my thoughts

tomboy
udonmap.com

Post by tomboy » September 16, 2012, 9:49 pm

911 Was done by the Americans to appease the JEWS that are in control of AMERICA.

redwolf
udonmap.com

Post by redwolf » September 17, 2012, 8:17 am

tomgirl you forgot to look at the URL you are on, this is udonmap not th41v1s4.
AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM | ARCANA IMPERII | ALIS AQUILAE

WBU ALUM
udonmap.com

Post by WBU ALUM » September 17, 2012, 3:38 pm

The anti-semitic elements within Europe have always ignored enemies at their own peril. Their passiveness and appeasement and reluctance to stop threats, before they become too big to stop, gets them in trouble every time.

REUTERS: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on NBC's Meet the Press

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » September 17, 2012, 3:51 pm

WBU ALUM wrote:The anti-semitic elements within Europe have always ignored enemies at their own peril. Their passiveness and appeasement and reluctance to stop threats, before they become too big to stop, gets them in trouble every time.
I am sorry WBU your sentence makes zero sense to me at all...
The anti-semitic elements within Europe
I can only assume that you mean the Nazi party???
have always ignored enemies at their own peril
Sadly the Nazi Party created enemies out of nothing, rather than ignoring them. That is why the Second World War started.
Their passiveness and appeasement and reluctance to stop threats, before they become too big to stop, gets them in trouble every time.
Are you referring to the Appeasement Policy by Asquith or Neville Chamberlain ?? If the later then it is generally agreed that it failed largely because of the terms & conditions of the Treaty of Versailles rather left Germany having their noses ground into the defeat...

Ann explanation of what you mean would be appreciated...

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » September 17, 2012, 3:59 pm

Quote from Iranian General. I suppose he does know Israel is a nuclear power?.

We could wipe out Israel, says Iranian military chief after threats against Islamic republic over controversial nuclear programme

General Mohammad Ali Jafari, also warned that if attacked, Iran would close the strategic Strait of Hormuz and hit US bases in the Middle East

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z26iQZIIBO

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » September 17, 2012, 4:07 pm

Galee wrote:Quote from Iranian General. I suppose he does know Israel is a nuclear power?.

We could wipe out Israel, says Iranian military chief after threats against Islamic republic over controversial nuclear programme
Oh I think that most of the Arab Middle Eastern nations have rather a overblown view of the invulnerability of their armed forces.
They were saying similar just before the appropriately named 6 day war against Israel as well...

That is not to say that a great many people wouldn't end up dying in the battles though...

redwolf
udonmap.com

Post by redwolf » September 17, 2012, 5:48 pm

BobHelm wrote:
Galee wrote:Quote from Iranian General. I suppose he does know Israel is a nuclear power?.

Oh I think that most of the Arab Middle Eastern nations have rather a overblown view of the invulnerability of their armed forces.
They were saying similar just before the appropriately named 6 day war against Israel as well...

That is not to say that a great many people wouldn't end up dying in the battles though...
True a lot of people would die in this one, even if Israel can make it quick, they win, they'd lose about 60% of their forces not 1.6%. If fast & out even faster, they would lose it ALL, forever.

Re; Hormuz -Iran's been practising a lot of asymmetric warfare & Russian/China have been helping them move them move anything & everything they need into place.

Re: actually striking & disabling the nuke facilities forever, not so sure they'd be able to handle that fully, to the end, -wouldn't another superpower move into position to check that move actually being completed? Wouldn't Iran launch a few borrowed nuke missiles?

Perhaps we can invoke the phrase "October Surprise"? Though let's hope for a really boring rest of the month, an equally boring October, November, and while we're at it maybe extend that from at least 2013 thru 2095 A.D.

Also agree what you said earlier about Iran being more stable than Pakistan. Totally more stable, by far. Lucky for all PK is on the mend with India or in the ballpark at least.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » September 19, 2012, 11:07 am

Another video of Mitt talking to sponsors has been released.
Rather less controversial than the first one it concerns his 'policy' towards resolving the Middle East question, so rather appropriate for this thread.
I am not sure if it is on youtube as I have not looked, but this is from the BBC..
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19640958

I am not quite sure what to say about it & have to try & take into consideration the audience that he was talking to.

i have to admit that if you listen carefully to what he has to say that the only real thing that I got out of it was that he actually says that he has no idea what to do.

While his candor might be refreshing I am not sure that it is suitable for a man who wants to be President.

I also found it very telling that when he got information from an expert that disagreed with what he believed he didn't bother to pursue the subject with the expert....A concern....

redwolf
udonmap.com

Post by redwolf » September 19, 2012, 4:32 pm

BobHelm wrote:Another video of Mitt talking to sponsors has been released.
Rather less controversial than the first one it concerns his 'policy' towards resolving the Middle East question, so rather appropriate for this thread.
I am not sure if it is on youtube as I have not looked, but this is from the BBC..
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19640958

I am not quite sure what to say about it & have to try & take into consideration the audience that he was talking to.

i have to admit that if you listen carefully to what he has to say that the only real thing that I got out of it was that he actually says that he has no idea what to do.

While his candor might be refreshing I am not sure that it is suitable for a man who wants to be President.

I also found it very telling that when he got information from an expert that disagreed with what he believed he didn't bother to pursue the subject with the expert....A concern....
yeah, with the GOP nutters, at least George Bush had a huge team of ruthless & unkind veteran political puppetmasters. you could count on him to send creeps John Bolton around on a specific issue to give someone a serious headache, and you knew it was no accident. he played "the idiot" well when he wasn't actually being one.

Mitt however, in this video, has actually been caught out for who he really is. There have been countless attempts at smearing him as this or that, but this one, he's in trouble. -perhaps all politicians are like this behind closed doors, -but his nutty assessment of the Middle East situation, & spoiled brat comments regarding socio-economic issues at home, definitely scary & might cost him the election.

he'd be an excellent way to completely destroy the last 7% of credibility we have remaining in the world.

Panty Hamster
udonmap.com

Post by Panty Hamster » September 20, 2012, 1:30 am

Hard to speak rationally with people who are bombing the rat's ass out of you. And claim to be victims.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » September 20, 2012, 8:30 am

I am sorry Tex, I must have missed those days in the news.
Can you point out where Palestinians have ever bombed Americans, let alone in the continual manner that you are implying.
Or is Mitt running for President of some other country than the USA that I do not know about??

redwolf
udonmap.com

Post by redwolf » September 30, 2012, 4:00 pm

so, -anyone willing to fathom a guess as to who might pull an October Surprise and what it might be?

Israel, the US, Iran?

were Ahmadinejad's recent conciliatory comments, that the issue could be worked out, a ruse? (from what I hear a common tactic).

if the Syrian conflict is won and done in the strategic/tactical sense, e.g. Bashaar Al Assad has basically defeated the resistance (with help from Iran & Russia & probably China), -does this mean the threat of action against Iran is lesser, or more?

did the mass show of Muslim anger against the "anti-islam" film frighten the hawks in the West? e.g. that any move by Israel would result in a global counter-reaction of epic proportions, way more than they bargained for?

perhaps there really is nothing that can be done to prevent Iran from becoming a nuclear power?

still watching this issue via this thread until after the elction is over, as I feel the election is a huge component, a card in Netanyahu's hand.

Return to “World News”