Oscar Pistorius to be charged with murder

World news discussion forum
Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » February 15, 2013, 11:30 am

Oscar Pistorius,26,the South African Paralympic star and inspiration to millions around the world is to be charged with the murder of his model girlfriend,Reeva Steenkamp 29,in their Pretoria home on Valentines Day.
It is believed Miss Steenkamp was shot four times,twice in the head and twice in the torso.
Last year Pistorius became the first disabled athlete to compete with the able bodied in the London Olympic Games.
Oscar Pistorius and Reeva Steenkamp.jpg

Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » February 15, 2013, 6:04 pm

Personally, when it goes to court, I dont think he's got a leg to stand on
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » February 15, 2013, 8:13 pm

Bail has been refused due to the seriousness of the crime ,,, police think if bail is granted he may do a runner

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » February 15, 2013, 9:43 pm

Yes mash he'd be bound to

SJP17
udonmap.com

Post by SJP17 » February 16, 2013, 9:59 pm

Apparently on suicide watch now, but I dont think he will survive the jails in South Africa for very long , after reading about them sounds like they make the Uk and Thai jails look like disney land.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » February 26, 2013, 2:47 pm

Oscar Pistorius due to see his Probation Officer today with a view to him being allowed to start training and take part in competition whilst he is out on bail ! :shock:
Hard to imagine a,say,English Premier League footballer accused of murdering his partner being allowed out to turn out for his club on a Saturday afternoon ! :roll:

pomps
udonmap.com

Post by pomps » June 29, 2014, 6:45 am

Psychiatrist suffers heart attack but advice is no delay before a decision is made :shock:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-28060957

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 29, 2014, 10:26 am

Dr GT diagnoses the accused as bad rather than mad. Dr GT won't hold back from giving an opinion even if he hasn't met the alleged perp or even if he doesn't have any relevant qualifications whatsoever. Run Oscar run.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

LU
udonmap.com

Post by LU » September 12, 2014, 2:14 am

The murder charge has been ruled out but there remains another possible charge to be ruled upon Friday.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-29162620

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » September 12, 2014, 5:07 am

Personally I think he is guilty as hell. After the first shot was fired his girlfriend would have screamed, but he put another three through the door anyway. I reckon a lot of money has changed hands, or will do .....

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » September 12, 2014, 7:19 am

I don't know about money changing hands ardie other than between the scumbag and his lawyers, but the South African justice system has looked more than a bit inefficient in handling this case.

From what I have read it seems this scumbag was always a high risk for shooting someone. I think the judge may yet give him a hefty whack. He's going to be out of circulation for quite a while.

dazzz
udonmap.com

Post by dazzz » September 12, 2014, 7:43 am

Money and fame talks in africa same as usa for O.J simpson. The whole world knows they are both guilty and if they were both poor and not famous there would have been a short trial and a guilty verdict .
A while ago i got up in the night to shut a banging window on my way back to bed i heard a noise from the bathroom and instantly thought of pistorius . Checked my bed and wife had got up to use the toilet. In the other bedroom i had a 5 yr old boy . How could i have possibly fired a gun through the door without checking my family. Never , not a chance and we all know we would not do it.
Even if it was an intruder ,could be a young boy ,girl or anyone and under uk law you can only use reasonable force as a guy in uk called tony martin found out when he actually fired at real intruders in his house in the pitch dark killing 1 and injuring the other got jailed for life for murder then reduced to manslaughter on grounds of diminished responsibility.
I watch some of this trial and this guy with his tears and cock and bull story was to me ,obviously lying through his teeth and just play acting.
He shot through that door because he wanted to kill her .no other reason , the law is an ass
dazzz

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » September 12, 2014, 7:56 am

I pretty much agree with all that dazzz although it might be that the judge rather than the law is an ass. Maybe most of the other judges would have done him for murder if they heard the case. She seemed a bit flakey yesterday. Hopefully the sentence will bring some kind of justice. After all it is a female judge.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » September 12, 2014, 8:37 am

I think that any decent person and even someone with half a brain can see that he's guilty of murder.
Firing just 1 shot,there might have been a slight doubt but firing 4 rounds he obviously meant to kill her.
For sure money has/will be changing hands......corruption is rife in this part of the world.
I just feel sorry for Reeva Steenkamps family.What must they be thinking ? :(

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Post by BigBubba » September 12, 2014, 8:49 am

Premeditation was going to be difficult to prove in this case from the get go. I've always said he should be guilty of at least negligent homicide, which it looks will be the case. Now the big question is how hard will the judge whack him back. From what I understand it can be anywhere from probation to 30 years. Anything less than 10 would indeed be a miscarriage of justice. Just my opinion.
Every day I wake up is a good day.

dazzz
udonmap.com

Post by dazzz » September 12, 2014, 10:11 am

Yes i do not think premeditated was ever really discussed to much but having an argument then losing your temper and killing someone is what ? Negligent homicide ? I am sure there are a lot of people convicted of murder after killing someone a moment of rage as in a bar fight finding you wife with another man or road rage etc.
I think after listening to the evidence about the shouts and later screams of his girlfriend which were heard by a few neighbours who were then discredited by the defence saying they were pistorius`s screams and the fact he shot 4 times is pretty obvious if not beyond reasonable doubt that he had an argument , she run to the bathroom to get away from him and he shot her 4 times through the door. I same as the witnesses would know a woman screaming for her life from pistorius screaming because he shot her.
Not understand in s africa why there is only 1 judge. I thought most countries who do not have a jury have at least 3 judges same as military court martial ?
dazzz

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » September 12, 2014, 10:16 am

I don't think that it was premeditated. That's the thing about people who have a temper, -- they sometimes just fly off the handle.

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » September 12, 2014, 12:50 pm

I watched the judge delivering the verdict (as far as it went on the first day) and it was a clinical analysis of the evidence presented in the case which separated the facts from much of the innuendo, supposition and theories that were offered by both the prosecution and defence.

The judgment (so far) is of a considerably higher standard than I was expecting and, if it continues in this vein, will give cause for some older and more developed legal systems to pause for thought :-k
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

dazzz
udonmap.com

Post by dazzz » September 12, 2014, 3:49 pm

What a load of drivel the last 30 mins . All political done to not upset people by letting him get away scot free but not punish him to much . Nothing to do with justice and the absolutely ridiculous remark she made saying that when pistorius fired 4 shots through the door into a tiny room knowing there was somebody behing he could not have foreseen he may kill someone !!! Does she think we are all idiots , we all know if we fired 1 shot we may kill somebody but not this poor rich boy who had lots of tears he could not have any idea when he fired 4 shots into that small room he may hurt someone . Balderdash

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » October 17, 2014, 10:20 am

Looks like Oscar is going to get a wet bus ticket. He might have Christmas at home.

Return to “World News”