China needs to slap N Korea HARD!

World news discussion forum
KB_Texas

Post by KB_Texas » March 7, 2013, 9:52 pm

I know that N Korea likes to talk garbage, but when a country that has demonstrated the ability to explode a nuke says it is going to 'exercise it's right to a pre-emptive nuclear strike on the US', the US needs to make VERY clear to China that any nuclear shenanigans by North Korea will be viewed as a direct nuclear attack by China. This garbage talk is getting out of hand, and if someone does not clearly spell out the consequences, they may just feel free to try it. China is the only country that has the power to tell N Korea to shut up, or to seriously hurt them economically. No amount of sanctions are going to make a difference to these crazy megalomaniacs, and talking with them is also a waste of time. History proves this. We need to let them know in blunt, certain terms that serious consequences to their whole country would result if they try anything foolish.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013 ... ttack?lite

My opinion...
KB

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » March 8, 2013, 8:24 am

I think you will find all this will now blow over KB ,,,, now Denis Rodman is the new US peace envoy that is ..... strange choice by Obama to send Rodders doesnt look like the typical American let alone someone to sweeten up the young lad with the daft haircut ... isnt he a netball player or something ?

dingdong
udonmap.com

Post by dingdong » March 8, 2013, 8:50 am

I agree BUT The US along with other countries also need to stop donations to North Korea. Example was 240,000 metric tons of food supplies scheduled for delivery in 2012. This then frees up funds for the OTHER projects example missles and nukes, tanks etc.
This is not only North Korea, others are also in the same boat where there peoples are under feed, under educated, go without sufficient medical treatment but they have a bunker somewhere with 2 men in it and a BIG RED BUTTON hooked up to missles

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 8, 2013, 9:31 am

China appears to have delivered a pretty powerful message already, voting to support the latest round of sanctions - "North Korea now faces one of the toughest UN sanctions regimes ever imposed".

Given that China has in the past generally not supported such UN resolutions, while it may fall short of a hard slap, it is not far from it.

I don't see much merit in threatening to hold China responsible for the acts of a rogue state - shades of GWB there. China has its own geo-political interests in the region, which (naturally) will always take precedence.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » March 8, 2013, 9:50 am

hypocrisy - but its ok for Obama to say “No Option is off the Table, including Nuclear” :roll:

KB_Texas

Post by KB_Texas » March 8, 2013, 10:16 am

jackspratt wrote:I don't see much merit in threatening to hold China responsible for the acts of a rogue state - shades of GWB there. China has its own geo-political interests in the region, which (naturally) will always take precedence.
China has supported N Korea for 60 years. Without that support, N Korea would have ceased to exist. It has allowed them to develop nuclear weapons by by-passing any sanctions imposed and supplying needed parts and machinery.

While I understand China's reluctance to have a US presence on their boarders, a rogue nuclear state threatening to nuke Seoul or the US is not exactly reducing tensions in the area. Even Japan and S Korea are now wondering if they should develop their own nukes.

Add to this that the N Korean 'leadership' could care less about it's people, and have little in the way of constraints of normal behavior, and you have a recipe for a runaway escalation that would leave the whole area devastated. China needs to get a grip on their neighbor and shake some sense into them, and do it sooner rather than later.

Again, just my opinion.

KB

KB_Texas

Post by KB_Texas » March 8, 2013, 10:38 am

RLTrader wrote:hypocrisy - but its ok for Obama to say “No Option is off the Table, including Nuclear” :roll:
Since you did not attribute your quote, I tried looking it up. The best I could come up with was in relation to Iran and their nuclear program in a speech in January of 2012. Here it is in context...
"America is determined to prevent Iran from getting a nuclear weapon, and I will take no options off the table to achieve that goal. But a peaceful resolution of this issue is still possible, and far better, and if Iran changes course and meets its obligations, it can rejoin the community of nations."
Not quite the same as we will engulf Washington in a sea of fire, is it?

KB

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » March 8, 2013, 1:08 pm

Oh, so you need to find the speeches of Obama and maybe Clinton. Think I would start at the UN.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » March 8, 2013, 2:13 pm

KB found some free time while waiting for the Refrigerator to cool down, might want to read this >

http://foreignpolicyblogs.com/2013/02/1 ... big-bluff/

and all the links that are included. Sure with some comprehensive reading you will find what you are looking for.
Not that the president’s deliberately ambiguous words about “all options are on the table ....”
Facts are facts, Obama has been huffing and puffing “all options are on the table” for 4 plus years, along with Clinton/Rice. Put yourself in NK / Iran's place.

KB_Texas

Post by KB_Texas » March 8, 2013, 6:27 pm

The link you sent me to has a definite air of anti-Obama rhetoric...not bad, just a tone. Be that as it may, I did read it, and still do not understand how you compare the US, or even Russia or China, to N Korea and Iran. Let's put it this way...do you trust either of these to have enough sense NOT to use nuclear weapons? I certainly do not! I do trust that the major powers would not use them in a pre-emptive strike, unlike these two.

Facts are facts...his Republican predecessor labeled them part of the axis of evil. Do you seriously believe that GWB took any options off the table for the Axis of Evil? How did HE react differently than Obama? Oh yeah, he pushed them into a corner that basically abandoned the only 'sort of working' program we ever had to curtail their nuclear ambitions. We see today how well that worked out. :(

KB

And BTW...my initial reaction was to something you quoted Obama as saying. Not saying that he did not use ambiguous language, just that he never said 'We will engulf North Korea in a sea of fire!'. No option off the table means just that. But there is a HUGE difference in tone and threat level IMO. He also did not say “No Option is off the Table, including Nuclear”.

Astana
udonmap.com

Post by Astana » March 8, 2013, 8:41 pm

Praise the Lord & pass the ammunition!

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Re: China needs to slap N Korea HARD!

Post by Doodoo » March 30, 2020, 4:38 pm

North Korea fired what appeared to be two short-range ballistic missiles off its east coast on Sunday, the latest in a flurry of launches that South Korea decried as "inappropriate" amid the coronavirus pandemic.

When will someone take this Idiot and teach him a lesson It should be China saying enough is enough the World has enough to deal with as we speak

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » March 30, 2020, 5:27 pm

China is to busy with its own ownership of the south china seas
Not interested in a few sky rockets into the sea of japan

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » March 30, 2020, 8:31 pm

The barking dog seldom bites. I am more core concerned with the Iranian lunatics. They are happy to become martyrs where the North Koreans are not suicidal.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Re: China breaks its word over Hong Kong

Post by pipoz4444 » May 29, 2021, 12:41 am

Not about China and Hong Kong. Its more about North Korea its corruption, slave labor and then its involvement with China, to traffic goods to Europe. Nevertheless, but I will post it here, as its as close a thread as I can find, without starting a new thread.

The Report is DW Documentary, by Remco. [-(

If you do not want to watch it all, then fast forward to the 36 Minute mark in which Remco asserts how some EU Fashion Chain Companies, outsource indirectly to North Korea, via a French-Chinese Company,
1.Which then ships their clothing material products, from the Chinese arm of V D'E to factories in North Korea
2.To have their finished clothing products made by the North Korean labor, which he refers to as "Slave Labor"
3.To then be returned back from North Korea to China as a "Finished clothing article",
4. To then be shipped from V D'E China to Europe, to be distribute to the certain International Chains (who initially placed the order with V D'E), and who know full well, who and where this supply chain making the clothes. [-(
5. All under the watchful eyes of the E U and its Regulatory bodies, who then allow the finished clothing articles to be imported into Europe by the V D'E , via the Netherlands, Germany and or USA, with a suspect Supply Chain

He names (at the 36.55 min mark) a French Company with a Chinese based arm, called VENT D'EST (H O is apparently based in France), who appears to arrange the distribution of the clothes to fashion chains such as,
Emporio Armani
Giorgio Armani
DIESEL
United Colors Benetton
Sisley
REPLAY

In his video he does note that Armani, have denied that any off their clothing is made in North Korea?? but where there is smoke, their is usually fire :-k :-k
VENT D'EST opted not to respond' =; =; I can understand that [-(

Is this a case of, the EU turning a bling eye to their own acts/sanctions or even being complicit or just being plain stupid, so as not to upset the Fashion Industry in Europe. Or is the EU and its Regulatory watchdog bodies, just incompetent. :-k :-k

It is ironic how hypocritical the EU is, when it comes to condemning the acts of slavery or slave labor or in-humane practices, throughout other parts of the World, as though the EU never does anything of the same. Again, we see China being the go between Party, between North Korea and Others, without any semblance moral character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib9Z7lublQE

I suspect Remco is in hiding in basement somewhere, for a while.

pipoz4444
Last edited by pipoz4444 on May 29, 2021, 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Return to “World News”