Edward Snowden - Hero or Traitor? (POLL RE-OPENED)

World news discussion forum

How do you view Snowden's actions in (further) exposing the spooks?

Hero - hopefully will find a happy home in a place with no extradition treaty with the US or ally.
57%
Traitor - should be strung up from the nearest tree.
28%
Other - can't make up my mind yet.
15%

Total votes: 101

LilRed
udonmap.com

Post by LilRed » January 31, 2014, 9:50 am

GT93:

"I don't have problems with Muslims." Altho I do NOT agree with this,

I do, wholeheartedly, agree with: "Take out all the Muslims in Indonesia and I wouldn't sleep well. Take out all the Christians in the US and I also wouldn't sleep well."

Balance, is a good thing. Tolerance is too, but, unfortunately, there are some very intolerant, vicious, muslim terrorist groups out there...

R

sgt
udonmap.com

Post by sgt » January 31, 2014, 3:18 pm

Ideally the Noble Committee would take obushma's 'prize' away and give it to Snowden. We need thousands of Snowdens and the American sheeple need to find their hind feet and get up off their knees. Yea, in Amerika you go to jail for finding your hind feet, I know. Thank you Justice William O. Douglas for releasing me! These days I think maybe you just 'disappear', maybe to that little black prison that never existed here in Udon, or worse.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » January 31, 2014, 7:35 pm

quick Sarge, put on your tinfoil hat before the black helicopters zoom over from the VOA facility at Ban dung and take you to GITMO!
Dave

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 1, 2014, 8:58 am

Just curious Sgt what were you arrested for and then let loose again. That word sheeple sure goes around a lot. VOA AKA Black Prison is not in Udon.

All that Snowden accomplished is new programs, gave some work to programmers. Busy closing those loose ends I would imagine. You can bet the gates he used to gain information he was not authorized for, are now closed. More then likely cost some people and companies their work.

It would be very naive to think anything of significance has changed. It would be wonderful if everyone played by the rules. But, the reality is no one does.

I hope he is enjoying that cold weather. He pulls that where he is now, he could very well end up dead.
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » March 11, 2014, 9:39 am

Well he is back in the News. Not much changed same story

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101480425
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 11, 2014, 11:05 am

Snowden has opened a can of worms that needed opening. Thanks Ed. Authority has a bigger foot these days and if enough of us don't stand up to authority we deserve Animal Farm.

Obama a so called good guy wouldn't be one of the nice guys in Animal Farm. He's in a different hymn book from William O. Douglas. I have Douglas's autobiography (both volumes) on my book shelves at home in Udon. I have been meaning to reread them for years.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » March 11, 2014, 11:50 am

It's interesting Mr. Snowden better not talk about the area he is residing in these days. So some programmers got more work, not all bad.

If that is a balance sounds fair to me. Kind of hard to pin this one on he Big O alone.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 11, 2014, 12:15 pm

bumper wrote:... Kind of hard to pin this one on he Big O alone.
Agree.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » March 11, 2014, 5:18 pm

You know I'm slow, this is interesting timing for Snowden news release. Actually hadn't heard from him in some time.

Paying the rent?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 11, 2014, 6:21 pm

bumper wrote:You know I'm slow, this is interesting timing for Snowden news release. Actually hadn't heard from him in some time.

Paying the rent?
Nope.

It is clear that people have learned from the wikileaks experience.

You can't just flood the market with revelations, and expect the interest by the media to remain high.

Better to space them out (every month or so), and tease out the interest.

Hopefully he has enough relevant stuff to keep us interested for the next few years. \:D/

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » March 12, 2014, 1:21 am

I wonder what will become of him. I imagine at some stage, he'll want to return home, rather like Philby missing all things English. Assange is another character I imagine will want to escape from the Ecuadorian embassy in future months. What price for freedom, eh?
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 12, 2014, 7:26 am

It seems to be all getting out of hand - is no-one safe from these out-of-control spooks?
America's Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) has been accused of criminal behaviour by hacking the computers and stealing critical documents from the senators who are meant to oversee the spy agency's activities.

Senator Dianne Feinstein, a California Democrat, is a staunch defender of America's spies.

She is also the chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee investigating the CIA's interrogation and detention program since 2009.

Senator Feinstein says the CIA hacked into and searched her committee's computers at least twice, deleting material.

She has referred the matter to the Department of Justice "given the possibility of a criminal violation by CIA personnel".......

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-12/u ... ss/5314184

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 12, 2014, 8:40 am

It would seem not. They seem to be going rogue. Even Obama's bedroom and bathroom are probably under surveillance.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » March 12, 2014, 9:02 am

Watched a program on Discovery last night, the life of me I cant think of the name of it. What we experience today is just the tip of the ice berg. Strong efforts being made to be able to read others minds. This is what is scary, it's underway now.

A private company has developed a product, that you wear and you cna control certain aspects of your life, just by thinking about it.

Of course there a benefits like he disabled being able to control a special wheel chair just with thought.

I remember the first time I saw a computer, it was huge filled an entire room I asked what it did the answer added numbers.

Today what you have in your cell phone can far exceed, what that giant piece of equipyment could do then.

For every good thing this could do there are thousands of bad things.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 15, 2014, 10:01 am

The Pulitzer Prize people obviously see the benefits of Snowden's exposés:
NSA leaker Edward Snowden hails The Guardian, Post's Pulitzer win as 'vindication'

NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden has called The Guardian and The Washington Post's Pulitzer Prize win for reporting on secret US surveillance programs a "vindication".

The British and American newspapers were awarded the prestigious Pulitzer Prize for public service journalism by the Pulitzer committee at Columbia University in New York for their reports based on documents leaked by Snowden, a former National Security Agency (NSA) contractor.

The US unit of the British Guardian newspaper was honoured for "helping through aggressive reporting to spark a debate about the relationship between the government and the public over issues of security and privacy," the committee said.................

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-15/w ... ks/5390312
=D>

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 18, 2014, 7:33 pm

Putin rolls into Crimea, masses some troops along the border of Ukraine, elicits the disdain of most all civilized countries in the world.......and what does Snowden do? Play stooge to the Kremlin by going on Russian public TV and asking Putin about Russia's involvement in the policies of mass surveillance.
Well, I wonder what answer Putin gave. :roll:

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » April 18, 2014, 8:29 pm

Snowden is a traitor who will one day realise that he can never come home.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » April 19, 2014, 12:01 pm

Never forget they gave the same award to President Obama, I guess because he got elected. So it doens.t hold the weight it did with me. Mr Snowden better keep Mr. Putin happy.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » May 29, 2014, 9:44 am

He is a young guy and used very poor judgement. Now he would like to return home. He should have really thought this through. In the end what really has changed, not much.

http://news.yahoo.com/snowden-says-coul ... 37360.html

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 29, 2014, 10:16 am

I think he should start learning Russian. Lee Harvey Oswald didn't manage to live in Russia too long after he defected before he became Mr. Infamy. I wouldn't want my freedom depending on the whims of shirtless Vlad.

Return to “World News”