NELSON MANDELLA DEAD

World news discussion forum
BobHelm
udonmap.com

NELSON MANDELLA DEAD

Post by BobHelm » December 7, 2013, 1:17 pm

The wonderfully fascist site that you recommend to agree with your views also contains a link to the outstandingly unbiased The British Resistance.
What a fine, upstanding organisation that is... Here is the front page of their web site...
BR.jpg
Just the sort of body that any person looking for unbiased information would go... Let alone recommend them as supporting their views!!!

BobHelm
udonmap.com

NELSON MANDELLA DEAD

Post by BobHelm » December 7, 2013, 1:21 pm

WhoUrDaddy wrote:well he died a millionaire, probably left over from peace prize money, he split with the other guy, so he invested well. 1 presidency must of paid good. :roll:
Oh that's it then.. obviously guilty as charged as everybody knows that the only way that a black man can get money is by stealing it!! :shock: :(

WhoUrDaddy
udonmap.com

NELSON MANDELLA DEAD

Post by WhoUrDaddy » December 7, 2013, 1:25 pm

the ANC must of been a humanitarian organization.
barring anything from any source on google.......................mendela himself admits being responsible for killing innocent women and children..............is he a reliable source. give that man a prize.........oh they did, and sainthood, another messiah in the making.

please..................Nelson Mendela...........terrorist, murderer.......confessed, guilty....... :roll:

BobHelm
udonmap.com

NELSON MANDELLA DEAD

Post by BobHelm » December 7, 2013, 1:32 pm

However where is your proof for this...
As corrupt as the best of them and stole millions when becoming president.
You wrote it, no one else...
Are you now saying that this is another of your infamous 'mistakes' or are you still claiming it to be true??

It is a serious charge...

As far as you last post the same all applies to George Washington... amongst others..

WhoUrDaddy
udonmap.com

NELSON MANDELLA DEAD

Post by WhoUrDaddy » December 7, 2013, 1:37 pm

you caught me bob, since i don't have photos of him taking kickbacks from all the military crap he bought and sold. his gov't had no corruption, jesus died for our sins, and i can't wait for xmas.................JFK..........single bullet. :-$

as I say.........why bother......... :roll:

BobHelm
udonmap.com

NELSON MANDELLA DEAD

Post by BobHelm » December 7, 2013, 1:41 pm

No LA you don't even have a creditable source that even suggests that what you say might be true.
Rather the opposite. As I said at the start ALL the creditable information suggest the exact opposite of what you said..

In most circles that is known as a lie, but I am well aware that the Far Right in America hold completely different standards to most. There it is probably called a misleading truth... :D

LoveDaBlues
udonmap.com

NELSON MANDELLA DEAD

Post by LoveDaBlues » December 8, 2013, 10:02 am

People like Frederick Douglas and Nelson Mandela were created by the white man with their policies of slavery and
apartheid. Now, more white fools on this thread want to condemn Mandela; a man the whites basically created. :roll: The stupidity of some posters on UM is staggering.

bahn_nok
udonmap.com

NELSON MANDELLA DEAD

Post by bahn_nok » December 8, 2013, 10:15 am

The problem with closed minded members is that their mouth is always open.
RIP Nelson Mandela.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

NELSON MANDELLA DEAD

Post by stattointhailand » December 8, 2013, 10:44 am

To be honest I couldn't give flying fig whether he was a saint or sinner, but what I get REALLY p*ssed off about is the fact that they have to have 1 mins applause at all Premier League football matches and they have "blanket coverage" about him on the SPORTS news programmes.
WTF has he got to do with ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE FOOTBALL? WAS HE A MEMBER OF THE FA PERHAPS? DID HE PLAY HUNDREDS OF GAMES for XX city, or YY Utd?
Does anyone really care what Harry Rednapp thinks about him, or that Jose refers to him as "that man" (forgot his name?)
Why do we have to hear what the world golf No50 thinks
Let them have 1 mins worth of clap(ing) in parliament if they want, not at football grounds

jingjai
udonmap.com

NELSON MANDELLA DEAD

Post by jingjai » December 8, 2013, 2:26 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/07/opini ... dying.html
A Lesson Before Dying
By CHARLES M. BLOW
Published: December 6, 2013 122 Comments

One of the great lights of the world went dark on Thursday. Nelson Mandela left this world, having enormously altered it.

And yet, the extraordinary example that he set lives on and provides a lesson — a blueprint — for all of us who still labor for justice, equality and freedom.

Be convinced of your cause. Conviction, character and consistency are sorely lacking in our modern era of fame-chasing, poll-testing and comment-reading. The status quo has a way of lulling the masses into complacency and acceptance. It’s known and familiar. There are always those whose lives are comfortable and whose livelihoods are secure under it.

Upsetting the status quo — or upending it — is always a radical proposition and is often an unpopular one, sometimes even among those who suffer under the entrenched system. Your cause may be unpopular, but history has demonstrated again and again that it will look kindly on the just.

First, be a fighter. Time has a way of rendering history smooth and digestible, of polishing away the rough bits and sweetening the bitter. Mandela was not only a lovely, grandfatherly figure; he was also a freedom fighter, a man willing to commit his life to — or even sacrifice it for — what he believed in.

Mandela’s African National Congress was once deemed a terrorist organization by both his home country, South Africa, and by the United States. And America’s view of Mandela and of South Africa’s system of apartheid cannot be whitewashed, even as we now venerate Mandela in death.

As Noam Chomsky wrote in his 2010 book “Hopes and Prospects”:
“Through the 1980s, U.S. trade with South Africa increased despite the 1985 congressional sanctions (which Reagan evaded), and Reagan continued to back South African depredations in neighboring countries that led to an estimated 1.5 million deaths. As late as 1988 the administration condemned Nelson Mandela’s African National Congress as one of the world’s ‘more notorious terrorist groups.’”

Be brave. Courage is not required to execute that which is easy or convenient. As the Texas progressive author and agitator Jim Hightower once put it, “Even a dead fish can go with the flow.” Courage is drawing up your shoulder and pushing into the resistance. Courage is doing what is unpopular or dangerous or discomforting because, even if you must do it alone, it is the right thing to do.

As Mandela put it: “I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” We all feel fear. In fact, fear the person who claims that he or she does not. But fear withers under the heat of righteousness. It cannot spread when it is cornered by those of noble conviction.

Remember that no one can divest you of your basic humanity without your submission and allowance. Discrimination and injustice are insidious, virulent scourges that the world is working hard to remedy, but they remain stubbornly resistant to complete eradication. Even as we labor to be rid of them, let us all retain our resolve and rise up in our dignity.

I like to think of it the way Zora Neale Hurston once put it: “Sometimes, I feel discriminated against, but it does not make me angry. It merely astonishes me. How can any deny themselves the pleasure of my company? It’s beyond me.” The person consumed by discrimination morally subjugates himself or herself, as a matter of principle, to the person free of it, leaving the person free of it with the moral high ground.

Never underestimate the power of grace. Mandela’s immeasurable grace and equanimity, his presidency and his efforts at reconciliation in South Africa will forever serve as an example to the world of the true possibilities and power of the human spirit. We so often think of power as force, but there is also enormous power in love, understanding and forgiveness. Demonstrating kindness to those who have treated you cruelly is an act of moral supremacy. It is the most powerful of human exercises, because in so doing, you conquer the self and diminish your enemy.

Finally, remember that all things are possible for those of strong will and unwavering perseverance. Those who can’t imagine change reveal the deficits of their imaginations, not the difficulty of change. As Mandela put it, “It always seems impossible until it’s done.”

I invite you to join me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter, or e-mail me at [email protected].
Hate him or respect him...an interesting, thought provoking OP-ED. IMO.

Return to “World News”