Malaysia Airlines plane missing with 239 on board

World news discussion forum
Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » October 28, 2014, 1:09 am

Are you sure, Aardy? Try tilting the globe a bit.

Having said that, readers, he may have a point. Maybe the wreckage is drifting toward Africa or has already got there. :shock:

I'm glad we're mates, again Aardy. Tell the gang at Udon Talk to man up - I ain't coming back. [-X

Enjoying myself here. :lol:

This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » October 28, 2014, 4:35 pm

Since when weren't we mates Earnest ?? Any way, Western Australia is left of the Eastern States and the Northern Territory is above the West. Indonesia would be North West of Australia. If Wreckage were to wash toward the West Australian Coastline it would encounter the Leeuwin Currant and if it never made landfall there, would be swept South East with the Current and end up most likely in Tasmania. If it failed to make Landfall in Tassy it would possibly be swept into either the Southern Ocean or the Pacific and may even reach Land as far away as New Zealand .... I think :-k ...... http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... 0786,d.dGc

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » October 28, 2014, 5:50 pm

It seems everyone assumes that there is wreckage?
What if it managed to land and the fuselage remained intact?
Very unlikely, but a possibility!
The wings etc, would eventually sink.... as so would the Fuselage
But even then, the escape slides would have been deployed?
Now, so long ago, yet not one piece of material has been sighted.
It's been stated that 99.99 %, the aircraft will be located. IMO dont think so
Mai mee tahng !

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » November 30, 2014, 8:50 am

Here's what probably didn't happen .... http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/mh370-i ... 7138294356

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » December 13, 2014, 9:18 am

Latest Sonar Images of the search area .... http://www.mix.com.au/breaking-news/blo ... -released/

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 5, 2015, 7:14 am

Well it's a year this week since MH370 disappeared and we don't seem to be any the wiser. Perhaps one of our sandgroper posters can advise if searchers are still searching off Western Australia.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » March 5, 2015, 4:20 pm

Did you read the Simon Hardy position estimates on where the aircraft may have gone down? He hasn't solved it but it's an interesting read, GT.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/03 ... 81818.html
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 6, 2015, 10:42 am

Earnest wrote:Did you read the Simon Hardy position estimates on where the aircraft may have gone down? He hasn't solved it but it's an interesting read, GT.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/03 ... 81818.html
You mean YOU Have'nt found the Bloody thing yet Wetsores ??

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 6, 2015, 10:45 am

Earnest wrote:Are you sure, Aardy? Try tilting the globe a bit.

Having said that, readers, he may have a point. Maybe the wreckage is drifting toward Africa or has already got there. :shock:

I'm glad we're mates, again Aardy. Tell the gang at Udon Talk to man up - I ain't coming back. [-X

Enjoying myself here. :lol:
If it has already reached African Shores I'll bet there is a Whole village already living in The Fuselage :-k :-k

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 6, 2015, 10:50 am

Thanks for the interesting link Earnest. Are you back in farangland yet?

Perhaps you are up in Nong Khai trying to track down 747man to give him a pre-Songkran soaking with your AK47 watergun?

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 6, 2015, 11:07 am

GT93 wrote:Thanks for the interesting link Earnest. Are you back in farangland yet?

Perhaps you are up in Nong Khai trying to track down 747man to give him a pre-Songkran soaking with your AK47 watergun?
I Think his occasional visit has now ended ?? So I'm SAFE to venture out now GT..... :lol: :lol:

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » March 6, 2015, 11:11 am

GT93 wrote:Thanks for the interesting link Earnest. Are you back in farangland yet?

A very interesting and plausible read from Simon Hardy......
Earnest aka "Matron" to a select few of former Special Forces personnel here in Udon flies back to the UK today after receiving information that Henley-on-Thames is being encircled by muslim insurgents ! :shock:
He will be back,certainly early next year,to partake in the Khon Kaen road races on 24th January 2016.
He did a couple of 6 milers around Nong Prajak earlier this week with me to ensure he maintains his peak fitness ! 8)
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 6, 2015, 11:13 am

Zidane wrote:

A very interesting and plausible read from Simon Hardy......
Earnest aka "Matron" to a select few of former Special Forces personnel here in Udon flies back to the UK today after receiving information that Henley-on-Thames is being encircled by muslim insurgents ! :shock:
He will be back,certainly early next year,to partake in the Khon Kaen road races on 24th January 2016.
He did a couple of 6 milers around Nong Prajak earlier this week with me to ensure he maintains his peak fitness ! 8)
Oh ! Sure...Maybe He Did a couple of 6 Milers....But I Don't believe YOU COULD Andy..... :^o :^o

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » March 6, 2015, 11:32 am

There you go,Alan.....see you at Nong Bua Lamphu for the 10.5k.....just turn up in your Everton top,shorts and knee length blue and white socks ! :D

2015 Nongbualamphu Mini-half Marathon

Race date
March 22, the 2,015th ( Sunday ).
Place
Naresuan Stadium, Nongbualamphu
Race type
2.5 / 10.5 / 21km
Organizer
Contact
087-9508454 087-9508454

scousers welcome.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 6, 2015, 11:39 am

Zidane wrote:There you go,Alan.....see you at Nong Bua Lamphu for the 10.5k.....just turn up in your Everton top,shorts and knee length blue and white socks ! :D

2015 Nongbualamphu Mini-half Marathon

Race date
March 22, the 2,015th ( Sunday ).
Place
Naresuan Stadium, Nongbualamphu
Race type
2.5 / 10.5 / 21km
Organizer
Contact
087-9508454 087-9508454

scousers welcome.
Andy, Will YOU be there in your Man Ushited Top..... :lol:

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » March 6, 2015, 11:54 am

Anyway,its a year on Sunday since MH370 went missing.....where it ended up,who knows ?

Flight MH370 a year on: Lost without a trace – but the search goes on (The Independent)

It is a year since the aircraft disappeared, but investigators remain hopeful of finding it
Simon Calder Thursday 05 March 2015

"A harrowing 12 months of uncertainty and sorrow” – that is how Australia’s Prime Minister yesterday described the suffering of the families of passengers and crew lost aboard flight MH370.
In the parliament in Canberra, Tony Abbott told relatives: “We are taking every reasonable step to bring your uncertainty to an end.” But he hinted that if the present phase of the hunt for the missing Malaysia Airlines jet proves fruitless, it may be scaled back. “I cannot promise that the search will go on at this intensity forever,” he said.
A year ago tomorrow, 227 passengers – 152 of them Chinese citizens – checked in for a routine departure from Kuala Lumpur, destination Beijing. Twelve crew were assigned to the flight, which was to depart shortly after midnight on 8 March. Four passengers failed to check in, while two of the people who did fly were Iranian nationals travelling on stolen passports.
The last contact with the Boeing 777 MH370 took place at 1.19am, local time, when the captain signed off from Malaysian air-traffic controllers with the words “Good Night Malaysian three seven zero”. It took a further six hours before the airline told the world that one of its aircraft was missing. Initially the jet was assumed to have crashed in the South China Sea towards to the southern tip of Vietnam.
Yet ground-breaking analysis of fragmentary “pings” picked up by Inmarsat showed that the plane was still flying at the time the loss was announced. It was deduced to be flying along one of two corridors: north-west across southern China and Central Asia towards the Caspian Sea, or south across the Indian Ocean to the west of Australia. With no sightings of the aircraft on land, the plane is presumed to be in the sea off Australia. Yet after months of a multinational hunt costing tens of millions, not a single trace of the jet has been found. For the grieving families, the heartbreak continues.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 6, 2015, 11:58 am

All the major rags are having a go. Here's the New York Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/06/world ... pe=article

"KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia — The retired chief pilot of Malaysia Airlines is torn between logic and loyalty to an old friend. Nik Huzlan, 56, was one of the first captains to fly the 12-year-old Boeing 777 that disappeared over the Indian Ocean a year ago this Sunday. He has known the pilot who flew the plane that day, Zaharie Ahmad Shah, for decades.

Mr. Huzlan is convinced that deliberate human intervention, most likely by someone in the cockpit, caused the aircraft, on a red-eye flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, to suddenly turn around, cease communication with air traffic control and some six hours later run out of fuel and fall into the ocean. But he also said that he had never seen anything in more than 30 years of friendship that would suggest that Mr. Zaharie was capable of such a deed ..."

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » March 10, 2015, 2:24 pm

Why wait 8 months to release this bit of info ?? http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/mh370-d ... 7256227487

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 22, 2015, 5:34 am

I see Earnest's profile says he's on attitude readjustment training in Udon. I thought he was back in blighty by now. Hopefully he's just revising his attitude readjustment notes in Blighty and Earnest resurfaces unchanged before MH370 is found.

It would be most disturbing if he reappears a staunch fan of the Duke of York and mates with 747man.

wayneor0
udonmap.com

Post by wayneor0 » March 23, 2015, 3:22 am

earnest is trans gender her name is really matron and she would make a top bonk :lol:

Return to “World News”