Licence to Kill

World news discussion forum
Asiaphile
udonmap.com

Licence to Kill

Post by Asiaphile » April 8, 2015, 11:06 am

Once again a US police officer shoots to kill a black person. He's been charged with murder but I'll be surprised if he'll be found guilty by the jury.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Licence to Kill

Post by Aardvark » April 8, 2015, 11:29 am

Didn't look necessary to me. Don't know what he did before the Vid started, but he should have just put his Hands up and surrendered. Why do Cops in the States use their Guns so often anyway ??

FLICKFLACKER404
udonmap.com

Licence to Kill

Post by FLICKFLACKER404 » April 8, 2015, 11:31 am

Like Ardvark said,don,t know what happened before the vid started,maybe he could/should of used a Tazer?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Licence to Kill

Post by jackspratt » April 8, 2015, 11:43 am

There is a longer video here, which shows the cop going back to retrieve what appears to be his Taser, and then dropping it alongside the cuffed and likely dead victim (at about 1.33 into the video).

The other cop who has just arrived doesn't appear to say or do anything about this. :shock:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/08/us/so ... death.html

Before the video became public, the cop had said the victim has taken his Taser, and the cop was afraid for his life. :^o

Makes you wonder how many times this has happened in the past, before phone camera videos became ubiquitous. :-k

Asiaphile
udonmap.com

Licence to Kill

Post by Asiaphile » April 8, 2015, 11:52 am

Aardvark wrote:Don't know what he did before the Vid started, but he should have just put his Hands up and surrendered.
... because if you don't you'll get shot 8 (eight!) bullets in the back at close range.

Anyway, if the officer is of Dutch descent he does honour to his name. 'Slager' is a common Dutch family name and translates as 'butcher.'
The shooting unfolded after Officer Slager stopped the driver of a Mercedes-Benz with a broken taillight, according to police reports. Mr. Scott ran away, and Officer Slager chased him into a grassy lot that abuts a muffler shop. He fired his Taser, an electronic stun gun, but it did not stop Mr. Scott, according to police reports.

Moments after the struggle, Officer Slager reported on his radio: “Shots fired and the subject is down. He took my Taser,” according to police reports.

But the video, which was taken by a bystander and provided to The New York Times by the Scott family’s lawyer, presents a different account. The video begins in the vacant lot, apparently moments after Officer Slager fired his Taser. Wires, which carry the electrical current from the stun gun, appear to be extending from Mr. Scott’s body as the two men tussle and Mr. Scott turns to run.

Something — it is not clear whether it is the stun gun — is either tossed or knocked to the ground behind the two men, and Officer Slager draws his gun, the video shows. When the officer fires, Mr. Scott appears to be 15 to 20 feet away and fleeing. He falls after the last of eight shots.

The officer then runs back toward where the initial scuffle occurred and picks something up off the ground. Moments later, he drops an object near Mr. Scott’s body, the video shows.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/08/us/so ... times&_r=1

Jing Jing
udonmap.com

Licence to Kill

Post by Jing Jing » April 8, 2015, 2:18 pm

If you are going to be harassed by the police because you are stupid you need to learn how to defend yourself.

wazza
udonmap.com

Licence to Kill

Post by wazza » April 9, 2015, 10:02 am

The video didn't look good for the Police officer, walking up and then plugging the guy in the back til his magazine ran out.

Ferguson all over again, but worse ...

Nothing from the NRA as yet, but will use the outstanding warrant for child support no doubt as a defence ....

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Licence to Kill

Post by marjamlew » April 11, 2015, 4:04 pm

Them septic coppers are at it again. Give this cowboy a nice old kickin.........Let's go got the video............
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2015/0 ... ce-ground/
Watch Me!!

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Licence to Kill

Post by FrazeeDK » April 11, 2015, 4:18 pm

no, not like Ferguson.. This Charleston cop will be under charges for murder. A similar killing occurred in Charlotte, NC about 15 months ago.. 3 cops and a black motorist who'd been in an accident an approached the cops acting a little strange. The three cops told him to stop, one cop pulled his gun out and killed the guy.. Immediate manslaughter charges were placed and the guy went into jail (later bailed awaiting trial). its when there's a question and no immediate police response to an incident that makes problems..
Dave

Macca
udonmap.com

Licence to Kill

Post by Macca » April 11, 2015, 5:02 pm

marjamlew wrote:Them septic coppers are at it again. Give this cowboy a nice old kickin.........Let's go got the video............
The commentator talked about "2 deputies down" what does that mean.
My guess was 2 police shot or injured by the fella on the horse.
Is that correct?

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Licence to Kill

Post by marjamlew » April 11, 2015, 5:56 pm

Macca wrote:
marjamlew wrote:Them septic coppers are at it again. Give this cowboy a nice old kickin.........Let's go got the video............
The commentator talked about "2 deputies down" what does that mean.
My guess was 2 police shot or injured by the fella on the horse.
Is that correct?
No mention of that in any of the articles Macca. According the what I have read the only injuries the police suffered were : "Three deputies were injured during the search. Two suffered dehydration (two deputies down \:D/ ) and a third was injured when kicked by the horse. All three were taken to a hospital for treatment." http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local ... 50951.html
Looks like a couple of pie eating, donut munching deputies were a bit miffed at having to run in chase of the cowboy on horseback so decided to taser him and give him a bit of a massage with the slipper when they caught up with him :D All's fair in pies and donuts.........
Watch Me!!

old timer
udonmap.com

Licence to Kill

Post by old timer » April 11, 2015, 7:37 pm

The getaway vehicle he stole was hopeless. Fancy stealing a horse if you don't know how to ride one.
And what about the cameraman, must have been a mile away in the chopper, the old bill had no idea they were being filmed kicking the sht out of the wannabe Lone Ranger. The clarity from that distance was excellent.
Doesn't bother OT that the villain took a kickin, probably deserved it, he'll get over it.

OT........... \:D/

Asiaphile
udonmap.com

Licence to Kill

Post by Asiaphile » April 11, 2015, 10:47 pm

old timer wrote:Doesn't bother OT that the villain took a kickin, probably deserved it, he'll get over it.
So you condone police brutality? Amazing!
The day that you or one of yours falls victim to this kind of barbarity you’ll be singing a different tune. [-o<
Hopefully you'll get over it.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Licence to Kill

Post by jai yen yen » April 11, 2015, 11:01 pm

Asiaphile wrote:

Once again a US police officer shoots to kill a black person. He's been charged with murder but I'll be surprised if he'll be found guilty by the jury.
He will be found guilty and he will do time for it.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Licence to Kill

Post by jai yen yen » April 11, 2015, 11:14 pm

Hell, my momma used to beat me worse than that when I was a kid, I wonder if the horse will be charged as well.

old timer
udonmap.com

Licence to Kill

Post by old timer » April 12, 2015, 2:34 am

Asiaphile wrote:
old timer wrote:Doesn't bother OT that the villain took a kickin, probably deserved it, he'll get over it.
So you condone police brutality? Amazing!
The day that you or one of yours falls victim to this kind of barbarity you’ll be singing a different tune. [-o<
Hopefully you'll get over it.
Two things:
First, some time ago one of my close friends got a good hiding for a minor traffic offense from two coppers but he did manage to kick one of them in the bollocks. That didn't bother OT either, OT and friends thought it was funny although my friend who got the hiding wasn't amused at all. Anyway he went to court and got a not guilty because one of the coppers got caught out with his lies.
Secondly, OT has been a victim of identity theft and it's a nightmare, so I couldn't care less about this vile person falling off his stolen horse and getting beaten up, he didn't give a monkeys about his victims when he was busy stealing their identities.

I must say though that I am horrified about the Policeman shooting that guy in the back 8 times and killing him. That really was sickening.

OT..................... \:D/

Return to “World News”