New Yr. s e x attacks in Cologne shock Germany

World news discussion forum
Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » January 6, 2016, 9:43 am

Cologne s e x attacks: Merkel disgust at New Year gang assaults
Cologne railway station.jpg
German Chancellor Angela Merkel has voiced outrage over the sexual assaults and thefts that male gangs inflicted on women in Cologne on New Year's Eve.
Women have made at least 90 criminal complaints to police about the harassment by gangs at Cologne's main railway station on Thursday night.
Germans have been shocked by the scale of the attacks, involving many groups of drunk and aggressive young men.
Witnesses and police said the men were of Arab or North African appearance.
Mrs Merkel called Cologne Mayor Henriette Reker on Tuesday and expressed her "outrage over these disgusting attacks and sexual assaults".
The chancellor said everything must be done "to find the perpetrators as quickly and comprehensively as possible and punish them, regardless of their origin or background".
There is an intense debate in Germany about refugees and migrants, who arrived in record numbers last year. But Mayor Reker urged people not to jump to conclusions about the Cologne assailants.
"It's completely improper... to link a group that appeared to come from North Africa with the refugees," she said, after crisis talks with the police.
Cologne police chief Wolfgang Albers called it "a completely new dimension of crime" and rejected criticism of his force's handling on the night.
Women were also targeted in Hamburg and Stuttgart in similar attacks, but on a smaller scale.
In Cologne at least one woman was raped and many were groped, including a volunteer policewoman.
One man described how his partner and 15-year-old daughter were surrounded by an enormous crowd outside the station and he was unable to help. "The attackers grabbed her and my partner's breasts and groped them between their legs."
A policeman told the city's Express news website that he had detained eight suspects. "They were all asylum seekers, carrying copies of their residence certificates," he said.
However, there was no official confirmation that asylum seekers had been involved in the violence. Germany' migrant influx triggered marches by the anti-Islam Pegida movement last year.
Police were deployed outside the station because of the crowds on New Year's Eve, but failed to spot the many attacks, according to reports.
The pretty Christmas market and medieval setting may look idyllic, but at Christmas and New Year the area around Cologne Cathedral is a notorious danger zone when it comes to pickpockets and theft.
Now the sexual harassment, and in one case rape, of dozens of women has shocked Germany.
What is particularly disturbing is that the attacks appear to have been organised. Around 1,000 young men arrived in large groups, seemingly with the specific intention of carrying out attacks on women.
Police in Hamburg are now reporting similar incidents on New Year's Eve in the party area of St Pauli. One politician says this is just the tip of the iceberg.
A British woman visiting Cologne said fireworks had been thrown at her group by men who spoke neither German nor English. "They were trying to hug us, kiss us. One man stole my friend's bag," she told the BBC.
"Another tried to get us into his 'private taxi'. I've been in scary and even life-threatening situations and I've never experienced anything like that."

Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » January 6, 2016, 9:47 am

3 relevant words in the whole article

tip of the iceberg

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » January 6, 2016, 10:47 am

Barney, I agree wholehartedly.

Bring 1 million people to your country from a war torn and uncivilized country, with little education or skills, no local language ability, no money and no little hope of work or any sort of stability like all the people around them, what do you expect?
Definitely more to come!!

I am not against equality, but if women start running this world, it will only get worse.
They run a country by emotions, which is doomed for failure.

Lucky I'm not living in Europe.
Wait until they get really organized.
Will make ISIS look like kindergarden children.
Mick

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » January 6, 2016, 4:32 pm

A wake up call to all the bleeding hearts ....

Jing Jing
udonmap.com

Post by Jing Jing » January 6, 2016, 5:18 pm

The politicians knew this is what will happen when you allow uncontrolled migration. They only want an excuse to tighten the screws on the population and waste money on finding a solution.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » January 6, 2016, 6:45 pm

CNN was already playing it down. At the same time labeled the Ranchers in Oregon a Domestic Terrorist. Lets see now no refugees involved, Furgerson and Baltimore no terrorist in that. They are supposed to report news not make it up.
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » January 6, 2016, 6:57 pm

Cronulla beach 10 years ago
Gives some idea to what will happen

Jing Jing
udonmap.com

Post by Jing Jing » January 6, 2016, 8:25 pm

Apparently the local politicians tried to ignore the situation but the complaints and social media was beyond their contol.

"The Mayor of Cologne has spoken out about the attacks, but her carefully chosen words are unlikely to delight many. Rather than addressing the root causes of the violence — unlimited mass migration and a totally failed system of integration — the newly elected pro-migrant mayor instead blamed the victims of the sexual abuse for having failed to defend themselves against the immigrant attackers." Breitbart.com

rjj04
udonmap.com

Post by rjj04 » January 7, 2016, 12:09 am

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » January 7, 2016, 4:17 pm

No surprises really, scum of the earth ....

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » January 7, 2016, 5:04 pm

well those woman were stupid to go to an area like that on new years eve , they don't seem to understand when you have so many people with different values and culture come to your country , to help them you must give up some of your rights. it would be racist of the germans to expect these people to change to german culture, they have the right not to integrate , let's not forget they come from a place where if they had done this in their own country they would have got 20 years hard time, rapists got hung or shot, terrorist were not only shot and put in shallow graves they would torture them for weeks just as punishment first, the worst that could happen to them in Germany is a light prison sentence with a soft bed and good food, why should they behave , we give them no reason too. anyway let's hope Germany continues to take these people in 2016, many other European countries have put up fences and said no more thanks so here's too the germans =D> , may they have a bumper 2016 and I hope this year they receive 2,000,000 or more refugees :D . can't wait for assad to fall, the trickle will turn into a flood, and plenty more room in Germany for them too :lol:
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

rjj04
udonmap.com

Post by rjj04 » January 7, 2016, 6:32 pm

Before embarking on this path, did Ms. Merkel ever consider helping the refugees by other means. Such as perhaps threatening to pull out of NATO if the USA, Turkey, Saudia Arabia and the like, continued on with their psychopath desire of overthrowing the Syrian government. But no, I guess she thought the best thing to do was to accept millions of refugees into the relatively small country and try to assimilate them into the culture overnight... an IMPOSSIBILITY even if these refugees didn't adhere to a religion that never went through a renaissance/de-fanging period (like Christianity did). MacArthur and Eisenhower tried to warn us about these people, but nobody listened and here we are.

Jing Jing
udonmap.com

Post by Jing Jing » January 7, 2016, 7:27 pm

Germany is not free to think for itself. It is controlled by the US and the UK. It is part of NATO which is the lever the UK and US uses to make sure Germany complies with their demands. The Germans need to get out of NATO and throw the US out of the country.

rjj04
udonmap.com

Post by rjj04 » January 7, 2016, 7:32 pm

Obviously, since NATO was created to counter the Warsaw Pact, and since there is no more Warsaw Pact.. yet NATO keeps expanding. Strange that, isn't it :lol: Putin certainly isn't going to invade Germany any time soon

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » January 7, 2016, 7:44 pm

Colognes lady mayor seems to shift some of the blame onto the women themselves [-X how the stupid cow got elected in the first place beggars belief ! :confused:

Mayor of Cologne: Women should follow a “code of conduct” to stop themselves from being attacked by mobs of Middle Eastern men

Cologne’s mayor has been widely criticised for suggesting that women “keep at an arm’s length” from strangers to avoid sexual harassment, after scores of women were sexually abused and mugged in the city during new year celebrations.
Asked by a journalist how women could protect themselves, Henriette Reker said: “There’s always the possibility of keeping a certain distance of more than an arm’s length – that is to say to make sure yourself you don’t look to be too close to people who are not known to you, and to whom you don’t have a trusting relationship”…
Reker also advised women to “stick together in groups, don’t get split up, even if you’re in a party mood”.
Not only is she blaming the victims, she’s not remotely engaged with the reality of what happened. How are you supposed to keep an “arm’s length” when you’re surrounded by a group of degenerates who, police suspect, showed up at the train station specifically intending to assault people? Here’s what one woman saw when she got there:

Steffi, 31, said she saw “countless weeping women” when she arrived at the station and was hit with a volley of sexist slurs shouted in German as she made her way through the crowd.
“I saw a girl… who was crying, with ripped stockings, her skirt askew — she was just wrecked,” she told the daily Sueddeutsche Zeitung.
“A young guy came out of the crowd and made vulgar comments. ‘Can I help you? I know I can help you’ he said with a strong accent and made obscene gestures with his hand. When she wanted to get away, he followed her. I told him to piss off.”

It wasn’t just Cologne. Per the Daily Caller, “similar incidents” happened in Hamburg and Stuttgart, although on a much smaller scale. One theory the police are kicking around is that some of the attackers came in from Dusseldorf, where police “have identified more than 2,000 suspects of North African origin in connection with organized thefts,” but that’s obviously politically convenient for Cologne authorities to say. It’d be a strange, ironic coda to the refugee debate in Europe if different cities started blaming each other’s Arab/Muslim populations for crimes committed nearby. “It’s not our people who did this, it’s their people.” Time for Cologne and Dusseldorf to close their borders, I guess.
Blaming the victims arguably wasn’t the worst thing Cologne’s mayor said yesterday, either. Think on this:
However, she also said that visitors from “other cultures” should also be educated on acceptable conduct.

“We need to prevent confusion about what constitutes happy behaviour and what is utterly separate from openness, especially in sexual behaviour,” she said. [-X

That’s the second time in three weeks that Europe’s need to formally educate people from “other cultures” that rape is wrong has arisen in a major news story. You would think that contempt for sexual assault would be a prerequisite to resettling in the EU but apparently there’s no cultural difference that can’t be papered over in the name of securing cheap labor. I’ve said it before but it bears repeating: However terrible you think Obama’s legacy is, Merkel’s legacy in Germany will be worse.

Update: Here’s one of the Cologne victims speaking out. How do you think the “arm’s length” technique would have fared in this scenario?

Michelle said: “There were 11 of us together at the time.
“At around 11pm we were at the main train station and wanted to travel on to see the fireworks, and that was when we first noticed all these men standing around.
“We managed to go into the cathedral and wanted to go past the Museum Ludwig to join everyone and watch the fireworks by the river, but suddenly we were surrounded by a group of between 20 and 30 men.
“They were full of anger, and we had to make sure that none of us were pulled away by them. They were groping us and we were trying to get away as quickly as possible.

Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » January 8, 2016, 12:29 am

trying not to sound racist about this, but if Germany took in 1.100,000 ethnic Chinese in one year, would it be surprising if sales of soy sauce went through the roof , and stray dogs and cats became unheard of . have the germans never noticed the word culture, the immigrants behave and have different values. don't despise them for it. it's just the way they behave. i'm sure the perpetrators that night don't see anything they have done as anything but normal, in fact they probably are wondering what all the fuss is about
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Jing Jing
udonmap.com

Post by Jing Jing » January 8, 2016, 6:59 am

If they tried to do this in a muslim country they would have been punished severely - hands cut off, lashes maybe even death. They can't believe how tolerant Germany is. They are propably laughing their asses off at how stupid the Germans are. The coming catnival celebration will tell if the government has kearned anything or its going bury its head in the sand,

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » January 8, 2016, 9:12 am

In Australia we are having the same trouble with African refugees in the cities.
They are continuing their uncivilized and violent bahavior like they did back home.
This, of course is not what the "do gooders" expected and they are all running for cover.

It took our societies hundreds of years to become as civilized as we are, yet our leaders seem to think that these refugees will learn those hundreds of years experience over night.
Thanks got we only a few.

We can't blame them for how they act because they have to be that way to survive their own societies.
But bringing them to the west and expecting rapid change is just plain stupid.

Question is, what can Germany do with these people now?
It's a massive problem and maybe some pennies are starting to drop.

God bless Europe.
The're gunna need it.
mick

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » January 8, 2016, 9:56 am

In the States the refugees appear to be relocated in a weird fashion.. Somali refugees are predominantly in Maine where while they certainly appreciate the vast array of social services must hate freezing their asses off... Many of the Lao Hmong tribespeople ended up in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Michigan.. Go figure...
Dave

BigRick808
udonmap.com

Post by BigRick808 » January 8, 2016, 11:43 am

They know what they're doing and they don't care. Don't be naive.

They've been told about you and what they can get away with. They think you're stupid and weak. And I think they're right, until you prove otherwise. How far you've fallen....

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. But this isn't really about good intentions. This is about pretending and being subservient and conditioned to obey and take it up the @zz

If you don't stop it very soon, it's only the beginning. If you let them do this to your women, you'll let them do anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0s-K1Tbt_c

Return to “World News”