ClimateChange - EndTime 2050 - Disturbing Report Sheds Light on

World news discussion forum
RLTrader
udonmap.com

ClimateChange - EndTime 2050 - Disturbing Report Sheds Light on

Post by RLTrader » June 6, 2019, 5:56 am

EndTime 2050
Disturbing Report Sheds Light on Why Civilization May Collapse in Just 30 Years.

Can you say Exponential?
An astonishing new study created by a Melbourne-based think tank warns that humanity may have much less time to stave off catastrophic changes to the planet than initially anticipated.

"The lower reaches of agriculturally-important river deltas such as the Mekong, Ganges and Nile are inundated, and significant sectors of some of the world's most populous cities –including Chennai, Mumbai, Jakarta, Guanzhou, Tianjin, Hong Kong, Ho Chi Minh City, Shanghai, Lagos, Bangkok and Manila – are abandoned", the report notes.

Ultimately, the think tank warns that "even for 2°C of warming, more than a billion people may need to be relocated and in high-end scenarios, the scale of destruction is beyond our capacity to model, with a high likelihood of human civilization coming to an end".

https://sputniknews.com/environment/201 ... se-threat/

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Re: ClimateChange - EndTime 2050 - Disturbing Report Sheds Light on

Post by jai yen yen » June 6, 2019, 6:48 am

Not surprised, I think humanity has 50 to 100 hundred years left at most with war or pollution being the cause.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » June 6, 2019, 8:52 am

It's a very peaceful time to be a human on planet Earth. The level of relative peace is unprecedented compared to any other point in recorded history.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » June 6, 2019, 9:36 am

All can be reversed IF we pay our carbon tax?

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » June 6, 2019, 10:50 am

so.. what does the investment climate for 30 year long term bonds for many western coastal cities say?? I think you'll find groups are still buying them so how could the outlook be so bleak???
Dave

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » June 6, 2019, 3:30 pm

From Asia Times on same report.

A white paper released by an Australian think tank paints a bleak picture for mankind.

Global warming ‘threatens human civilization’

‘Outright chaos’

https://www.asiatimes.com/2019/06/artic ... ilization/

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » June 6, 2019, 5:03 pm

Morons just keep saying "global warming", but that's just stupid ,it's climate change. they're two different things. as soon as the retards realise there is a lot of difference between global temps, climate and weather. a 2c rise in temps might cause a 60% drop in tomato production, a 2c drop could half the corn production. we can shade, home, water ourselves. but explain to a melon that no rains will come, explain to a potato that it gets too cold for it to grow. or a tomato that drops it's flowers so no fruit sets. We as humans might be able to cope. But put simply why do coconuts not grow in brighton, why cant we grow rhubarb in Thailand and why is Alaska not famed for it's sunflowers. Well personally I think it will all change, and my thoughts are food security. That will be the big issue. I don't even care if you think is is ,or is not man made. we still will have to face the change . being an anarchist I think the next protein sauce might be us. There is a great 1973 documentary called Soylent Green . those guys were well ahead .

enough of the rambling :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 6, 2019, 10:32 pm

The question of the day is. why is Jupiter's red spot shrinking? Is it owing to global warming, I mean, climate change, the pesky Russians or other Earthlings? But, shrinking it is and may be gone soon. Some people with science degrees suggest the Sun might be the guilty party owing to emissions from the great ball of fire. Does this have any implications for global warming, I mean climate change, on Earth.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/jupi ... -1.5154387

https://cosmosmagazine.com/space/jupite ... -shrinking
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » June 6, 2019, 11:29 pm

That’s not the only thing that is shrinking and neither are due to GW😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » June 7, 2019, 10:13 am

papafarang wrote:
June 6, 2019, 5:03 pm
Morons just keep saying "global warming", but that's just stupid ,it's climate change. they're two different things. as soon as the retards realise there is a lot of difference between global temps, climate and weather. a 2c rise in temps might cause a 60% drop in tomato production, a 2c drop could half the corn production. we can shade, home, water ourselves. but explain to a melon that no rains will come, explain to a potato that it gets too cold for it to grow. or a tomato that drops it's flowers so no fruit sets. We as humans might be able to cope. But put simply why do coconuts not grow in brighton, why cant we grow rhubarb in Thailand and why is Alaska not famed for it's sunflowers. Well personally I think it will all change, and my thoughts are food security. That will be the big issue. I don't even care if you think is is ,or is not man made. we still will have to face the change . being an anarchist I think the next protein sauce might be us. There is a great 1973 documentary called Soylent Green . those guys were well ahead .

enough of the rambling :lol: :lol: :lol:
You talking about the Charlton Heston film , where they terminated your life at a certain age and processed your remains into little pills to feed the masses protein . Great film in its day , and certainly thought provoking .
What about germs and bacteria ? as the temperatures rise , so we will see a growth in these little nasties that could very well produce the next plague . Vaccines and antibiotics will not be able to be made fast enough to keep up with the increase in new deceases .

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 7, 2019, 11:33 am

I think he is referring to the Twilight Zone episode from the late 50s-early '60s entitled 'To Serve Man'. It turns out to be a cookbook for aliens who consume Earthlings:
"To Serve Man" is episode 89 of the anthology series The Twilight Zone (1959 TV series). It originally aired on March 2, 1962 on CBS.[1] The episode was written by Rod Serling and directed by Richard L. Bare.[2]

The story is based on the 1950 short story "To Serve Man", written by Damon Knight.[3] The title uses dual meanings of the verb to serve: "to assist" or "to provide as a meal." The episode is one of the few instances in the series wherein an actor breaks the fourth wall and addresses the viewing audience at the episode's end. The episode, along with the line "It's a cookbook!" have become elements in pop culture.[4][5]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Serve_ ... ight_Zone)

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » June 7, 2019, 5:12 pm

I see by the news that swine influenza is spreading like wild fire, is Thailand next?

Its all downhill from here, one should think!

"The Doomsayer"

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » June 7, 2019, 6:18 pm

By 2050 it will not be my problem anymore. BUT it will be my children's. Do i think that civilisation will collapse? No, but i do think that by them the human race will have made some very hard choices. There are many choices which could be made, from mainly using renewable energy to Genocide, Have no idea which ones we will end up with - time will tell.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » June 7, 2019, 8:50 pm

t'was Charlton Heston in Soylent Green...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_Green
Dave

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » June 8, 2019, 8:01 am

Beyond Meats shares have showed very a healthy rise since its launch . The smart money knows that with climate change its going to be impossible to produce meat as we do now . Raising livestock not only consumes a lot of arable resources , but also contributes at least 20% of greenhouse gases . So if your around in 50 years or so , enjoy your non meat diet , but if you still crave meat , then it will be made of bugs , lots of bugs . Oh what a rosey future our grandkids can look forward to . Basically because of our greed .

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 8, 2019, 10:12 am

Bugs are okay, but I prefer steak. The bug world better watch out because we are coming for you!

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » June 10, 2019, 9:53 am

For those who prefer good news:

Climate change could make a huge part of Russia's frozen landscape habitable by 2080 if global warming continues on its current trajectory. By examining how Siberia will respond to different warming scenarios, researchers from the Russia's Krasnoyarsk Federal Research Center, and the U.S. National Institute of Aerospace, were able to determine how much more of the landscape would become suitable for human occupation.

Asian Russia, which is east of the Urals, covers around five million square miles. It is a vast, empty landscape that—despite accounting for 77 percent of Russia's land area—is occupied by just 27 percent of the population, with an average density of three people per kilometer squared (0.4 square miles.
https://www.newsweek.com/russia-siberia ... ate-change

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » June 10, 2019, 1:41 pm

Already happened in Greenland . Untold riches found after the ice melted . People not so much , but minerals a plenty .

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » June 10, 2019, 6:23 pm

RLTrader wrote:
June 6, 2019, 5:56 am
End Time 2050
Disturbing Report Sheds Light on Why Civilization May Collapse in Just 30 Years. (quote]

The full report can be found at:
www.makingenvironmentalnews.com/existen ... roach.html

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » June 10, 2019, 10:43 pm

Interesting report that.So about 2-3 billion people need to be relocated, one third of the world's land area is desert and longer term feedbacks will continue for many years (it doesn't say how long, but some could take thousands if you do research it). Also not enough food.

Some way or another, i suspect that such a scenario will result in some mass culling of the human race. Whether by heat stroke, famine, pestilence, war or deliberate genocide, but it would happen.

Return to “World News”