Happy 4th of July to all Patriots!

World news discussion forum
Manxlad
udonmap.com

Re: Happy 4th of July to all Patriots!

Post by Manxlad » July 5, 2019, 6:31 am

https://youtu.be/hD38boQi7JE

This is sadly quite amazing how ill informed and historically ignorant some folk are

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » July 5, 2019, 6:32 am

"Re: Happy 4th of July to all Patriots!
Post by Udon Map » July 4, 2019, 6:41 pm

Gentlemen, can we get back to discussing July 4th, please?"

It appears the answer is , NO

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 5, 2019, 8:01 am

“He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.”

- Thomas Paine

A lesson for all who seek to oppress others.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 5, 2019, 8:04 am

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom—go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!"

- Samuel Adams

A lesson to those who choose wealth over freedom. I won't mention any offenders.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 5, 2019, 8:05 am

“Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!”

- Patrick Henry

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 5, 2019, 8:06 am

"The sacred rights of mankind are not to be rummaged for, among old parchments, or musty records. They are written, as with a sun beam, in the whole volume of human nature, by the hand of the divinity itself; and can never be erased or obscured by mortal power."

- Alexander Hamilton

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 5, 2019, 8:08 am

"Besides the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, the existence of subordinate governments, to which the people are attached, and by which the militia officers are appointed, forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of.

Notwithstanding the military establishments in the several kingdoms of Europe, which are carried as far as the public resources will bear, the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."

- James Madison

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 5, 2019, 8:09 am

"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."

- Thomas Jefferson

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 5, 2019, 8:11 am

"You have now in the field armies sufficient to repel the whole force of your enemies and their base and mercenary auxiliaries. The hearts of your soldiers beat high with the spirit of freedom; they are animated with the justice of their cause, and while they grasp their swords can look up to Heaven for assistance. Your adversaries are composed of wretches who laugh at the rights of humanity, who turn religion into derision, and would, for higher wages, direct their swords against their leaders or their country. Go on, then, in your generous enterprise with gratitude to Heaven for past success, and confidence of it in the future. For my own part, I ask no greater blessing than to share with you the common danger and common glory. If I have a wish dearer to my soul than that my ashes may be mingled with those of a Warren and Montgomery, it is that these American States may never cease to be free and independent."

- Samuel Adams

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 5, 2019, 8:12 am

"For if Men are to be precluded from offering their Sentiments on a matter, which may involve the most serious and alarming consequences, that can invite the consideration of Mankind, reason is of no use to us; the freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter."

- George Washington

A lesson for those seeking to silence others.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 5, 2019, 8:13 am

"But where, says some, is an individual of America? I’ll tell you. Friend, he reigns above, and doth not make havoc of mankind like the Royal Brute of Britain."

- Thomas Paine

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 5, 2019, 8:14 am

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."

- Patrick Henry

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » July 5, 2019, 8:15 am

"When words are many, transgression is not lacking, but whoever restrains his lips is prudent”

Proverbs 10:19

Mary, “who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said” When our mouths are full of our own words, we have little time or interest in God’s words. Talking too much usually means listening too little.

Luke 10:39

God Bless America

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 5, 2019, 8:16 am

"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty once lost is lost forever. When the People once surrender their share in the Legislature, and their Right of defending the Limitations upon the Government, and of resisting every Encroachment upon them, they can never regain it."

- John Adams

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 5, 2019, 8:17 am

"Yet, however weak our country may be, I hope we shall never sacrifice our liberties. If, therefore, on a full and candid discussion, the proposed system shall appear to have that tendency, for God’s sake, let us reject it! But, let us not mistake words for things, nor accept doubtful surmises as the evidence of truth. Let us consider the Constitution calmly and dispassionately, and attend to those things only which merit consideration."

- Alexander Hamilton

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 5, 2019, 8:19 am

"In offering to you, my countrymen, these counsels of an old and affectionate friend, I dare not hope they will make the strong and lasting impression I could wish; that they will control the usual current of the passions, or prevent our nation from running the course which has hitherto marked the destiny of nations. But, if I may even flatter myself that they may be productive of some partial benefit, some occasional good; that they may now and then recur to moderate the fury of party spirit, to warn against the mischiefs of foreign intrigue, to guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism; this hope will be a full recompense for the solicitude for your welfare, by which they have been dictated."

- George Washington

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 5, 2019, 8:26 am

Manxlad wrote:
July 5, 2019, 6:31 am
https://youtu.be/hD38boQi7JE

This is sadly quite amazing how ill informed and historically ignorant some folk are
Yes, sad.

It's why I laugh at polls that require knowledge to go along with their opinion. Too many are ignorant of history and the law to be able to vote rationally, and then they realize too late what they have voted away.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 5, 2019, 8:28 am

"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel".

Samuel Johnson

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 5, 2019, 8:45 am

Salute to America - President Donald J. Trump

colt1911
udonmap.com

Post by colt1911 » July 5, 2019, 9:09 am

I am proud to be an American this day and everyday!

Return to “World News”