UK Economy

World news discussion forum
Doodoo
udonmap.com

Re: UK Economy

Post by Doodoo » September 13, 2019, 9:47 pm

"How should I know? I don't live in the UK."
So why would an American even be involved in Brit concerns???

Why are you commenting on situations
1) That dont even concern you?
2) Stories that you dont even understand since you are not Brit?
3) And you dont speak, spell and pronounce proper English ( tomato, potato, colour, theatre, etc)

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » September 14, 2019, 2:34 am

Doodoo wrote:
September 13, 2019, 9:47 pm
"How should I know? I don't live in the UK."
So why would an American even be involved in Brit concerns???

Why are you commenting on situations
1) That dont even concern you?
2) Stories that you dont even understand since you are not Brit?
3) And you dont speak, spell and pronounce proper English ( tomato, potato, colour, theatre, etc)

Based on your philosophy no Brit should be commenting on U.S. Politics thread. Extreme censorship at work on your part.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 14, 2019, 5:44 am

Despite all of the political chaos involving Brexit, the National Institute for Economic and Social Research have lowered recession expectations in the UK to just 10%.

This adjustment in expectations has occurred due to the 0.3% expansion of the UK economy and surprisingly strong growth. This expansion is the greatest monthly rise since January, and economists believe that this puts the UK on track to positive growth at least to the beginning of the Q4.

This helps the UK avoid two successive quarters of contractions.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » September 14, 2019, 6:52 am

Lone Star wrote:
September 14, 2019, 5:44 am

Despite all of the political chaos involving Brexit, the National Institute for Economic and Social Research have lowered recession expectations in the UK to just 10%.

This adjustment in expectations has occurred due to the 0.3% expansion of the UK economy and surprisingly strong growth. This expansion is the greatest monthly rise since January, and economists believe that this puts the UK on track to positive growth at least to the beginning of the Q4.

This helps the UK avoid two successive quarters of contractions.
Meanwhile Germany , the once power house of European manufacturing is about to slide into recession . Go figure . =;

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 14, 2019, 6:55 am

saint wrote:
September 14, 2019, 6:52 am
Meanwhile Germany , the once power house of European manufacturing is about to slide into recession . Go figure . =;
It's certainly interesting when the facts/data don't reflect the propaganda of the globalists.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 14, 2019, 10:04 am

Stan
"Based on your philosophy no Brit should be commenting on U.S. Politics thread. Extreme censorship at work on your part."
Sorry Stan I aint a Jordie, Scouser, Limie, …….

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » September 14, 2019, 2:58 pm

And The Pound is UP Although Only Slightly on the Thai Baht Now 37.90 for 50 Pound Notes....

As Tesco's Say " Every Little Bit Helps "

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 14, 2019, 6:37 pm

747man wrote:
September 14, 2019, 2:58 pm
And The Pound is UP Although Only Slightly on the Thai Baht Now 37.90 for 50 Pound Notes....

As Tesco's Say " Every Little Bit Helps "
I ran across an article about the pound strengthening. Traders believe that this new-found strength could indicate that the UK will be less likely to leave the EU without a deal. With BoJo scheduled to meet with Juncker, some economists are predicting that the UK will remain in the EU. The article didn't elaborate in any specific way why those two things could happen.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » September 14, 2019, 7:34 pm

They squirm like stuck pigs when others point out how stupid, unimaginative, and embarrassingly inept their government is -- but feel it is their god-given right to criticize others.

What a bunch of idiots. Forever deflecting.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » September 15, 2019, 5:51 am

As a nuclear power, a permanent member of the UN Security Council and source of significant global political and economic instability, the UK is fair game. The UK also has a lot of soft power. One "cost" of that is foreigners after consuming the products of that soft power commenting on the UK.

I expect the UK economy will take a bit of a whack after 31 October if the UK leaves the EU. The future from there is up to the Brits. I'm not optimistic.

Once out of the EU, the UK's position on the UN Security Council should be given to Germany or India. However I think the Security Council is better if the UK remains a permanent member.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » September 15, 2019, 7:09 am

Oh dear , yet another speech from the great political guru Professor Numbnuts .
In a way you cant blame him for his verbal drivel . I mean the man resides on a couple of baron rocks in the southern ocean .
A land far far away , where life is so , so boring , the inhabitants throw themselves from high bridges with a bit of string tied round their ankles, just for something to do .
Maybe he could tell his own premier that Red Rum is in fact dead , and she no longer needs to keep his spare set of teeth , or that her only achievement in office of having a baby is not going to change the world as we know it .
But alas no , Hes way to chicken nonsense to throw himself off a bridge , so he gets his jollies by pocking us grown ups with a stick , then runs to the kiddies side bragging about his exploits . truly sad .

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » September 15, 2019, 9:40 am

You're welcome to comment on New Zealand. Even in that childish manner. 8)

I've heard out here that there are now difficulties dealing with British importers where transactions are affected by what happens on 31 October. Transactions are being delayed. I think it was Johnson himself who reportedly said "fcxk business". It's amazing a chap with that view can be a Tory Prime Minister.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » September 15, 2019, 2:30 pm

Whatever dude . Like i said your just a sad man, obsessed with winding up us Brits , strangely enough only on this channel . Were you jilted by a hairy arsed Englishman in the past i wonder . Because there must be a real reason for your obsession. It cant be because your just a jerk , can it .?

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » September 15, 2019, 4:06 pm

Once out of the EU, the UK's position on the UN Security Council "should" be given to Germany or India. However I think the Security Council is "better if the UK remains" a permanent member.
Just a wee bit contradiction in your statement Mr93. The UK was a member of the Security Council way before the EEC morphed into the EU in fact way before the EEC so your observations are again a little on the DUH side. There will be no difficulties after 31 October and if these are caused by France then the WTO has legal systems to take care of any Country who causes trading friction. You see Mr Hide Your Identity the WTO does not recognise the Dictatorship only the Countries who have been coerced into it. Do you really think that the UK only trades within the EU and systems are not already in place for WTO trading with the EU. Could it be a failure of the rope on your last bungy jump that is causing so many brain farts.? You been rooming with Giggle lately.?

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » September 15, 2019, 4:33 pm

saint wrote:
September 15, 2019, 2:30 pm
Whatever dude . Like i said your just a sad man, obsessed with winding up us Brits , strangely enough only on this channel . Were you jilted by a hairy arsed Englishman in the past i wonder . Because there must be a real reason for your obsession. It cant be because your just a jerk , can it .?
You're winding yourself up. You ought to chill a little. This is the political channel. There are heaps of threads here welcoming opinions on Brexit. I enjoy them.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 15, 2019, 4:36 pm

AlexO wrote:
September 15, 2019, 4:06 pm
Once out of the EU, the UK's position on the UN Security Council "should" be given to Germany or India. However I think the Security Council is "better if the UK remains" a permanent member.
Just a wee bit contradiction in your statement Mr93.

The UK was a member of the Security Council way before the EEC morphed into the EU in fact way before the EEC so your observations are again a little on the DUH side.
I thought the same, but considered the trolling source.
There will be no difficulties after 31 October and if these are caused by France then the WTO has legal systems to take care of any Country who causes trading friction. You see Mr Hide Your Identity the WTO does not recognise the Dictatorship only the Countries who have been coerced into it. Do you really think that the UK only trades within the EU and systems are not already in place for WTO trading with the EU.

. . .
Completely agree.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » September 15, 2019, 4:41 pm

I was thinking of both the legitimacy and effectiveness of the Security Council AlexO. I find "There will be no difficulties after 31 October" simply astonishing. The world doesn't even know if there's going to be another extension. And if Brexit occurs, then the British government is going to be working frantically to get things in order. That will take time and mistakes will be made that will need to get corrected.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » September 15, 2019, 7:14 pm

Mr 93
When has the Security Council not shown its effectiveness or legitimacy. When has the Security Council ever backed down from taking effective action against what it deems as unacceptable aggression by other states (SC we are talking about not the totally useless UN).
I will remind you again, the UK trades with virtually the whole world, some under the EU Protectionist Banner but many more under WTO rules. We even give the EU the tariff money from the WTO deals to the EU. Why would you, sitting on your wee rock some 12000Km away, really have the any idea what the next move from one of the top 10 economies in the world is going to do next. Guarantee it will not be frantic!!

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » September 16, 2019, 2:49 pm

is gt93 not allowed an opinion? perfectly okay to
speculate on all things u.s. but u.k. is off limits?
without getting shouted down by bullies? \:D/

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » September 16, 2019, 3:00 pm

Perfectly allowed an opinion, perfectly allowed to voice that opinion and post his opinion on this or any other Thai forum even from 6000Km away. But has to take sensible responses to his constant barrage of anti UK posts the same way as Laughing Boy has to. 'Speculate', not sure if correct but worth a bet, but bookies are mainly rich guys.

Return to “World News”