Australia Burns

World news discussion forum
Post Reply
User avatar
AlexO
udonmap.com
Posts: 824
Joined: June 8, 2015, 11:45 am
Location: Nong Lat Udon

Re: Australia Burns

Post by AlexO » January 13, 2020, 1:57 pm

jackspratt wrote:
January 13, 2020, 10:19 am
AlexO wrote:
January 13, 2020, 7:05 am
I suppose she has NFI either.
She has some idea - you on the other hand have NFI. [-(

You clearly didn't read the rest of the article; or read it but didn't understand it; or understood it but decided to be very selective in which part you quoted. :-k

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-51043828
Sorry Pratt
I did read the whole article but did not want to post all of it as it longer than the average attention span of most average Aussies. This whole discussion has taken place because you questioned the logic of a fire having more fuel to consume if the undergrowth is left to grow for two or more years. Which to anyone with a couple of connected brain cells knows is absolutely correct. The article also points out the sheer arrogance of "the Invaders" where not one indigenous person is on any advisory committee, much the same as Morrison who thought he could control this devastation via a telephone from a Hawaiian beach. Basically the same logic as cutting CO2 emissions in Australia while continuing to sell huge amounts of coal to China. That really helps world climate change doesn't it.



jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 10863
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: Australia Burns

Post by jackspratt » January 13, 2020, 3:41 pm

AlexO wrote:
January 13, 2020, 1:57 pm

Sorry Pratt
Apology accepted, =D>

User avatar
AlexO
udonmap.com
Posts: 824
Joined: June 8, 2015, 11:45 am
Location: Nong Lat Udon

Re: Australia Burns

Post by AlexO » January 13, 2020, 4:11 pm

It was not Sorry as in apologise, it was Sorry! are you for real? hence your name. Anyway bored with trying to discuss something with a person of limit everything. So last post on the subject from me. Toasted Koala Bear on the menu for the foreseeable future because of numb skulls.

glalt
udonmap.com
Posts: 1757
Joined: January 14, 2007, 10:35 am
Location: Nong Hin, Loei

Re: Australia Burns

Post by glalt » January 13, 2020, 7:41 pm

Mother nature has her own methods. When the forests get too overgrown and there are many dead falls, she burns them and gets new growth. If man wants to eliminate forest fires, he will have to cultivate the forest and keep it cleaned up with periodic controlled burns. So yes, i place most of the blame on the misguided tree huggers even though they mean well.

User avatar
mak
udonmap.com
Posts: 1241
Joined: July 13, 2008, 11:50 am
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Australia Burns

Post by mak » January 14, 2020, 11:19 am

An Australian Open hopeful has been forced to withdraw from the qualifiers this week, after suffering a coughing fit on court believed to be due to the bushfire smoke engulfing Melbourne
after the City of Melbourne issued a warning to residents to stay indoors due to the conditions.

User avatar
marjamlew
udonmap.com
Posts: 1787
Joined: March 13, 2006, 2:00 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Australia Burns

Post by marjamlew » January 14, 2020, 12:10 pm

mak wrote:
January 14, 2020, 11:19 am
An Australian Open hopeful has been forced to withdraw from the qualifiers this week, after suffering a coughing fit on court believed to be due to the bushfire smoke engulfing Melbourne
after the City of Melbourne issued a warning to residents to stay indoors due to the conditions.
Blood red sky early this morning in the Melbourne burbs Mac. I feel like I've smoked a packet of Winny Blues after me morning walk.
Attachments
20200114_070730.jpg
Watch Me!!

User avatar
Barney
udonmap.com
Posts: 3080
Joined: November 1, 2012, 5:51 am
Location: Outback of Nong Samrong Udon Thani

Re: Australia Burns

Post by Barney » January 14, 2020, 7:24 pm

AlexO wrote:It was not Sorry as in apologise, it was Sorry! are you for real? hence your name. Anyway bored with trying to discuss something with a person of limit everything. So last post on the subject from me. Toasted Koala Bear on the menu for the foreseeable future because of numb skulls.
Since you have decided to leave this thread perhaps you deserve a response. You pretend to have a rational discussion in this particular post, all the time taking aim at 1 Aussie poster by throwing an almost endless list of slurs and derogatory comments upon all things Australian from politics, govt policy, etc etc then throw your toys out of the cot and run away from the real discussion. Some would say good.
I can only assume you have never lived in Australia by your NFI comments regarding bushfires. Were any of them your personal thoughts.
I grew up surrounded by bushfires in the Illawarra region south of Sydney and have some idea on what is happening, no need for me to quote stories from the internet. I have been in and seen some devastating fires in my time. Even having to spend days without returning to our house.
As for your fossil fuel comments. I can assume your are from the land north of England. Perhaps you guys could stop sucking oil out of the North Sea.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
AlexO
udonmap.com
Posts: 824
Joined: June 8, 2015, 11:45 am
Location: Nong Lat Udon

Re: Australia Burns

Post by AlexO » January 14, 2020, 10:28 pm

Totally agree with the sucking oil out of the North Sea. SNP have stated that Scotland will be Fossil fuel free by 2030 but will continue to extract oil and sell to others which kinda defeats the fossil free promises, same as Morrison pledging to reduce carbon emissions in Australia but continues to sell huge amounts of coal etc to China which continues to be the largest producer of CO2 emissions on the Planet. I assume that growing up with bushfires would tend to focus your mind on the causes and fuel sources that feed these fires. It is not rocket science to figure out that heavy amounts of uncleared undergrowth have a major affect on feeding these fires. You also have the problem with Eucalyptus tree's and their foliage drop which are highly flammable even after a couple of years on the ground. I have family who live in Australia (brother and his family) and he has been discussing this at some length with me. As far as I know my toys are still in my pram and while I felt I was adding to a serious discussion the aussie person you are referring to turned the posts into an angry set of insult throwing. The same person who has derogatory opinions on all USA and UK politicians. I just felt that continuing the tit for tat was pointless. If you feel that this is "running away from a real discussion" then you are welcome to your views.

User avatar
Barney
udonmap.com
Posts: 3080
Joined: November 1, 2012, 5:51 am
Location: Outback of Nong Samrong Udon Thani

Re: Australia Burns

Post by Barney » January 15, 2020, 11:39 am

Why do people, and far to many who do not live in Australia confuse the bushfire subject by involving political leaders and current climate change policies and insist that CO2 and climate change are the cause of bushfires in Australia. It is not. Pure lefty garbage. Australia is following all of the international protocols. There are many other correct reasons for the intense fire season.
We have had the same and worst seasons many times before people got on the climate change bandwagon. The bush will regenerate in a few years. Seen it many times.

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 708
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Re: Australia Burns

Post by pipoz4444 » January 15, 2020, 12:39 pm

[/quote]

Sorry Pratt
I did read the whole article but did not want to post all of it as it longer than the average attention span of most average Aussies. This whole discussion has taken place because you questioned the logic of a fire having more fuel to consume if the undergrowth is left to grow for two or more years. Which to anyone with a couple of connected brain cells knows is absolutely correct. The article also points out the sheer arrogance of "the Invaders" where not one indigenous person is on any advisory committee, much the same as Morrison who thought he could control this devastation via a telephone from a Hawaiian beach.

Basically the same logic as cutting CO2 emissions in Australia while continuing to sell huge amounts of coal to China. That really helps world climate change doesn't it.
[/quote]


:confused: :confused:

This might put part of the issue in perspective and it may be a bit off topic related to the Bush Fires :-s


So Australia sells coal to China. :-k

https://www.ucsusa.org/resources/each-c ... -emissions
Global Carbon Dioxide Emissions by Country Area..png
Global Carbon Dioxide Emissions by Country Area..png (5.79 KiB) Viewed 626 times

China's three main sources of coal import are from Australia, Indonesia and South Africa, accounting for about 85% of China's imports. Yes, Australia is one of the main three, but Indonesia sells almost the same amount of coal to China as does Australia. Other countries like Russia, Columbia, US and Canada, also see to them to make up the remaining 15%. China will do what it wants to do and can easily and readily source coal from Indonesia, South Africa and or Russia and not from Australia, if it chooses to at any time. [-( [-(

The point is, that the origin or source of coal imports. is of very little significance, when it comes to China and or Chines domestic policies. Then ask yourself why.

Guess what,on 1 April 2016, China confirmed they would sign the Paris Climate Agreement. Also guess what concessions Europe and Others gave to China (at that time) with regards to China's real commitment to reduce CO2 emissions.- What ever China asked for :confused: :confused: just to get a signature [-X [-X

China is the world’s largest greenhouse gas emitter and this is a fact. China accounts for approximately 29% of global GHG emissions (excluding LULUCF) and this is a fact. =D> =D>

As one article on Climate Change put it, “China’s actions both at home and abroad have an enormous impact on global greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and that China’s 2030 Paris Agreement Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC) is however rated “Highly Insufficient”. - That is a polite way of saying that China's real commitment to solving the issue is not worth a piece of Sh..t (Pooh) \:D/ \:D/

Notwithstanding setting targets so far down the track in the future (like 2030) one that now one will even remember, China’s current domestic policies dictates otherwise. China has not in the past 3 years and is not currently reducing their CO2 emissions. Actually China is increasing them yearly and has done so since signing the so called Paris Accord/Agreement. Chinese increased its CO2 emissions in 2018 and also in the first half of 2019 (by about 4%), marking it their third consecutive year of growth of CO2 Emissions, after signing that Agreement in 2016. Yes I do see a real commitment from China to reduce?? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Coal Powered Plants: Then to commit to their “Long Term Target for reduction of Emissions”, China embark on the construction of a number of new coal-fired power capacity in 2018 after lifting their on them. - I am not sure how many, but one Article in 2019, stated that China is has 121 gigawatts of coal plants under construction, which is more than is being built in the rest of the world combined. Also China's power industry calls for hundreds of new coal power plants by 2030. The largest power producers in China have asked the government to allow for the development of between 300 and 500 new coal power plants by 2030 - Thats a Lot?? :confused: :confused:

Yes that shows a real long term commitment to the reduction of emission, doesn’t it?? and is completely inconsistent with the Paris Agreement. If you have every worked with the Chinese and or dealt with them, you will understand that what they say to yur face and what they actually intend to do are two different things. =; =;

To those who wish to throw rocks at Australia for selling coal to China, you need to wake up and address the real source of the issue (World CO2 Emissions) and that it isn't who sells the raw material. It is the Demand by those Countries who’s domestic policies dictate that they still need to buy it (in this particular case Coal) for the long term and who Counties that openly embark on building Coal and or Other Powered Plants that use copious amounts of fossil fuels. I didn't see the Paris Agreement banning the sale of Coal and or Oil (the product that actually generates the emissions) around the world.

What Australia does related to their total country CO2 Emissions and or their sale of Coal to China, pales into insignificance, of what China’s actually does.

pipoz4444
Attachments
Global Carbon Dioxide Emissions by Country Area..png
Global Carbon Dioxide Emissions by Country Area..png (5.79 KiB) Viewed 622 times

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 11859
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: Australia Burns

Post by stattointhailand » January 15, 2020, 12:53 pm

Been staring them in the face for 81 years and still the political leaders deny the obvious and do nothing

pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 708
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Re: Australia Burns

Post by pipoz4444 » January 15, 2020, 1:33 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
January 15, 2020, 12:53 pm
Been staring them in the face for 81 years and still the political leaders deny the obvious and do nothing
The word in "Appeasement".

That is all that most (and I say most) Political Leaders want to do with each other and or with China, thesedays.

Few if any of the modern day Political Leaders have any balls, when it comes to delaing with the real issues that have impact around the World

pipoz4444

jai yen yen
udonmap.com
Posts: 1080
Joined: August 13, 2009, 8:35 am
Location: Canada, Hua Hin

Re: Australia Burns

Post by jai yen yen » January 15, 2020, 10:01 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
January 15, 2020, 12:39 pm
Sorry Pratt
I did read the whole article but did not want to post all of it as it longer than the average attention span of most average Aussies. This whole discussion has taken place because you questioned the logic of a fire having more fuel to consume if the undergrowth is left to grow for two or more years. Which to anyone with a couple of connected brain cells knows is absolutely correct. The article also points out the sheer arrogance of "the Invaders" where not one indigenous person is on any advisory committee, much the same as Morrison who thought he could control this devastation via a telephone from a Hawaiian beach.

Basically the same logic as cutting CO2 emissions in Australia while continuing to sell huge amounts of coal to China. That really helps world climate change doesn't it.
[/quote]
I wonder Greta Loonberg has not gone to China to protest?

:confused: :confused:

This might put part of the issue in perspective and it may be a bit off topic related to the Bush Fires :-s


So Australia sells coal to China. :-k

https://www.ucsusa.org/resources/each-c ... -emissions

Global Carbon Dioxide Emissions by Country Area..png


China's three main sources of coal import are from Australia, Indonesia and South Africa, accounting for about 85% of China's imports. Yes, Australia is one of the main three, but Indonesia sells almost the same amount of coal to China as does Australia. Other countries like Russia, Columbia, US and Canada, also see to them to make up the remaining 15%. China will do what it wants to do and can easily and readily source coal from Indonesia, South Africa and or Russia and not from Australia, if it chooses to at any time. [-( [-(

The point is, that the origin or source of coal imports. is of very little significance, when it comes to China and or Chines domestic policies. Then ask yourself why.

Guess what,on 1 April 2016, China confirmed they would sign the Paris Climate Agreement. Also guess what concessions Europe and Others gave to China (at that time) with regards to China's real commitment to reduce CO2 emissions.- What ever China asked for :confused: :confused: just to get a signature [-X [-X

China is the world’s largest greenhouse gas emitter and this is a fact. China accounts for approximately 29% of global GHG emissions (excluding LULUCF) and this is a fact. =D> =D>

As one article on Climate Change put it, “China’s actions both at home and abroad have an enormous impact on global greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and that China’s 2030 Paris Agreement Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC) is however rated “Highly Insufficient”. - That is a polite way of saying that China's real commitment to solving the issue is not worth a piece of Sh..t (Pooh) \:D/ \:D/

Notwithstanding setting targets so far down the track in the future (like 2030) one that now one will even remember, China’s current domestic policies dictates otherwise. China has not in the past 3 years and is not currently reducing their CO2 emissions. Actually China is increasing them yearly and has done so since signing the so called Paris Accord/Agreement. Chinese increased its CO2 emissions in 2018 and also in the first half of 2019 (by about 4%), marking it their third consecutive year of growth of CO2 Emissions, after signing that Agreement in 2016. Yes I do see a real commitment from China to reduce?? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Coal Powered Plants: Then to commit to their “Long Term Target for reduction of Emissions”, China embark on the construction of a number of new coal-fired power capacity in 2018 after lifting their on them. - I am not sure how many, but one Article in 2019, stated that China is has 121 gigawatts of coal plants under construction, which is more than is being built in the rest of the world combined. Also China's power industry calls for hundreds of new coal power plants by 2030. The largest power producers in China have asked the government to allow for the development of between 300 and 500 new coal power plants by 2030 - Thats a Lot?? :confused: :confused:

Yes that shows a real long term commitment to the reduction of emission, doesn’t it?? and is completely inconsistent with the Paris Agreement. If you have every worked with the Chinese and or dealt with them, you will understand that what they say to yur face and what they actually intend to do are two different things. =; =;

To those who wish to throw rocks at Australia for selling coal to China, you need to wake up and address the real source of the issue (World CO2 Emissions) and that it isn't who sells the raw material. It is the Demand by those Countries who’s domestic policies dictate that they still need to buy it (in this particular case Coal) for the long term and who Counties that openly embark on building Coal and or Other Powered Plants that use copious amounts of fossil fuels. I didn't see the Paris Agreement banning the sale of Coal and or Oil (the product that actually generates the emissions) around the world.

What Australia does related to their total country CO2 Emissions and or their sale of Coal to China, pales into insignificance, of what China’s actually does.

pipoz4444
[/quote]

jai yen yen
udonmap.com
Posts: 1080
Joined: August 13, 2009, 8:35 am
Location: Canada, Hua Hin

Re: Australia Burns

Post by jai yen yen » January 15, 2020, 10:03 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
January 15, 2020, 12:39 pm
Sorry Pratt
I did read the whole article but did not want to post all of it as it longer than the average attention span of most average Aussies. This whole discussion has taken place because you questioned the logic of a fire having more fuel to consume if the undergrowth is left to grow for two or more years. Which to anyone with a couple of connected brain cells knows is absolutely correct. The article also points out the sheer arrogance of "the Invaders" where not one indigenous person is on any advisory committee, much the same as Morrison who thought he could control this devastation via a telephone from a Hawaiian beach.

Basically the same logic as cutting CO2 emissions in Australia while continuing to sell huge amounts of coal to China. That really helps world climate change doesn't it.
[/quote]
I wonder Greta Loonberg has not gone to China to stage a massive protest?

:confused: :confused:

This might put part of the issue in perspective and it may be a bit off topic related to the Bush Fires :-s


So Australia sells coal to China. :-k

https://www.ucsusa.org/resources/each-c ... -emissions

Global Carbon Dioxide Emissions by Country Area..png


China's three main sources of coal import are from Australia, Indonesia and South Africa, accounting for about 85% of China's imports. Yes, Australia is one of the main three, but Indonesia sells almost the same amount of coal to China as does Australia. Other countries like Russia, Columbia, US and Canada, also see to them to make up the remaining 15%. China will do what it wants to do and can easily and readily source coal from Indonesia, South Africa and or Russia and not from Australia, if it chooses to at any time. [-( [-(

The point is, that the origin or source of coal imports. is of very little significance, when it comes to China and or Chines domestic policies. Then ask yourself why.

Guess what,on 1 April 2016, China confirmed they would sign the Paris Climate Agreement. Also guess what concessions Europe and Others gave to China (at that time) with regards to China's real commitment to reduce CO2 emissions.- What ever China asked for :confused: :confused: just to get a signature [-X [-X

China is the world’s largest greenhouse gas emitter and this is a fact. China accounts for approximately 29% of global GHG emissions (excluding LULUCF) and this is a fact. =D> =D>

As one article on Climate Change put it, “China’s actions both at home and abroad have an enormous impact on global greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and that China’s 2030 Paris Agreement Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC) is however rated “Highly Insufficient”. - That is a polite way of saying that China's real commitment to solving the issue is not worth a piece of Sh..t (Pooh) \:D/ \:D/

Notwithstanding setting targets so far down the track in the future (like 2030) one that now one will even remember, China’s current domestic policies dictates otherwise. China has not in the past 3 years and is not currently reducing their CO2 emissions. Actually China is increasing them yearly and has done so since signing the so called Paris Accord/Agreement. Chinese increased its CO2 emissions in 2018 and also in the first half of 2019 (by about 4%), marking it their third consecutive year of growth of CO2 Emissions, after signing that Agreement in 2016. Yes I do see a real commitment from China to reduce?? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Coal Powered Plants: Then to commit to their “Long Term Target for reduction of Emissions”, China embark on the construction of a number of new coal-fired power capacity in 2018 after lifting their on them. - I am not sure how many, but one Article in 2019, stated that China is has 121 gigawatts of coal plants under construction, which is more than is being built in the rest of the world combined. Also China's power industry calls for hundreds of new coal power plants by 2030. The largest power producers in China have asked the government to allow for the development of between 300 and 500 new coal power plants by 2030 - Thats a Lot?? :confused: :confused:

Yes that shows a real long term commitment to the reduction of emission, doesn’t it?? and is completely inconsistent with the Paris Agreement. If you have every worked with the Chinese and or dealt with them, you will understand that what they say to yur face and what they actually intend to do are two different things. =; =;

To those who wish to throw rocks at Australia for selling coal to China, you need to wake up and address the real source of the issue (World CO2 Emissions) and that it isn't who sells the raw material. It is the Demand by those Countries who’s domestic policies dictate that they still need to buy it (in this particular case Coal) for the long term and who Counties that openly embark on building Coal and or Other Powered Plants that use copious amounts of fossil fuels. I didn't see the Paris Agreement banning the sale of Coal and or Oil (the product that actually generates the emissions) around the world.

What Australia does related to their total country CO2 Emissions and or their sale of Coal to China, pales into insignificance, of what China’s actually does.

pipoz4444
[/quote]

jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 10863
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: Australia Burns

Post by jackspratt » January 22, 2020, 12:16 pm

Those bloody Greenies and tree huggers don't seem to have been doing much of a job in preventing prescribed burning - in NSW at least.

But facts will soon be forgotten on here by those who would rather blame the above parties, as it reinforces their conservative political narrative. [-X
While some politicians, including Barnaby Joyce, have suggested a lack of hazard reduction burning may have exacerbated the severity of the fires, landscape flammability expert Philip Zylstra said it was "completely false to say there has been a lack of prescribed burning".

"Prescribed burning rates have increased markedly," Dr Zylstra, an adjunct associate professor at Curtin University, told ABC Radio.

"In NSW, the last decade has seen more than twice the amount of prescribed burning compared to the decade before and in all mapped records of prescribed burning across NSW national parks it's the highest decade."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-22/ ... n/11878316
(My emphasis added)

User avatar
Earnest
udonmap.com
Posts: 1507
Joined: January 14, 2014, 3:56 am
Location: In bed with 747

Re: Australia Burns

Post by Earnest » January 23, 2020, 4:46 am

Crikey, I bet you guys are cream crackered after all this arguing.
I haven't got the stamina for it these days, much rather read and chill out.

Just one thing, though lads. There is a link between climate change and the fires.

https://www.unenvironment.org/news-and- ... -bushfires
กรรม

User avatar
AlexO
udonmap.com
Posts: 824
Joined: June 8, 2015, 11:45 am
Location: Nong Lat Udon

Re: Australia Burns

Post by AlexO » January 23, 2020, 8:06 am

To those who wish to throw rocks at Australia for selling coal to China, you need to wake up and address the real source of the issue (World CO2 Emissions) and that it isn't who sells the raw material. It is the Demand by those Countries who’s domestic policies dictate that they still need to buy it (in this particular case Coal) for the long term and who Counties that openly embark on building Coal and or Other Powered Plants that use copious amounts of fossil fuels. I didn't see the Paris Agreement banning the sale of Coal and or Oil (the product that actually generates the emissions) around the world.

What Australia does related to their total country CO2 Emissions and or their sale of Coal to China, pales into insignificance, of what China’s actually does.


Sorry, but your argument does not hold water. If Australia (and others) did not sell coal to China how could they continue to burn coal and add 30% to the Worlds CO2 emissions. By selling coal to China you know you are deliberately contributing to Global Climate Change (assuming that there is such a thing) If everyone stopped selling coal to China they might have to find alternative ways of producing power. Or there again they might just come and take it, but that's another ballgame.

User avatar
saint
udonmap.com
Posts: 2921
Joined: February 28, 2008, 5:31 pm
Location: the truth is out there . but dont dare tell it !!!!

Re: Australia Burns

Post by saint » January 23, 2020, 9:08 am

Everyone seems to be on Chinas case , yet they are striving to go renewables as much as they can .
Not easy in a country with a massive , massive population .
A more factual figure of the worlds biggest polluters , would be to count their emissions per head of capita .
I doubt very much that China would be in the top 5 , or even 10.

User avatar
saint
udonmap.com
Posts: 2921
Joined: February 28, 2008, 5:31 pm
Location: the truth is out there . but dont dare tell it !!!!

Re: Australia Burns

Post by saint » January 23, 2020, 9:16 am

Just looked it up , and according to the world bank Australias emissions are double that of China .
These figures are 6 years out of date , so do not include the recent fires ect .

User avatar
GT93
udonmap.com
Posts: 5447
Joined: June 5, 2009, 9:37 am
Location: ฃอยชอบ Auckland

Re: Australia Burns

Post by GT93 » January 23, 2020, 3:25 pm

A big wig in climate change politics in Oz and former furniture salesman:

Image

The New York Times takes a look at federal MP Craig Kelly:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/22/worl ... enial.html
As the country fears it is being condemned to a fiery future by heat and drought, Mr. Kelly has been gathering and goading a right-wing tribe under the banner of posts that shout in all caps: “Bushfires have nothing to do with ‘climate change’” or “Beware of climate alarmists: Everything they tell you is a lie.”
There's a link in the NYT article to his Facebook page. It should be very entertaining.
#IstandwithPaulParker

Post Reply

Return to “World News”