Ukrainian Passenger Plane Crashes in Iran.

World news discussion forum
RLTrader
udonmap.com

Re: Ukrainian Passenger Plane Crashes in Iran.

Post by RLTrader » January 10, 2020, 2:32 pm

joudon wrote:
January 10, 2020, 10:18 am
Aircraft engines do not blow up. Of course they can be blown up from an outside source 1.e a missile. The worst that can happen in everyday operations is known as 'an uncontained engine failure' and occur rarely. There are some graphic photos of a Southwest Airlines B737-800 ( same model as the Ukranian A/C )which suffered an uncontained engine failure 2 years ago. Despite the engine wrecked and fan blades piercing the cabin fuselage, the A/C was able to make a safe emergency landing, the only fatality was a passenger sucked out of her seat .
will guess it depends on your definition of blew-up. Mine would be a "uncontained engine failure"

As far I would comment on the NYT report, take with a few grains of salt.

Find it intersting that someone just happen to be holding the camera/phone still exactly where the airplane was allegedly hit. Not sure what it is a video of.
Pentagon Accuses Iran Of Shooting Down A Ukrainian Plane But Its Evidence Is Flimsy
Uncontained engine failures can damage the tanks of an airplane and can set it on fire. They can also lead to all kinds of other damage. Any plane that survives such an incident is very lucky.
https://www.moonofalabama.org/2020/01/p ... limsy.html

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » January 10, 2020, 2:34 pm

papafarang wrote:
January 10, 2020, 2:17 pm
Trump making the world a safer place , apparently not. Actions have consequences. This can't be put down to America , this is down to one man's ego. Yes it does look like one nervous guy pushed the button.guess all the threats of disproportionate action didn't help. I can't believe they let it take off in the first place
Probably a fare assumption be it though and in my humble opinion the target was pushing the envelope. This crash and the 52 or so people killed at the generals funeral is a heavy price to pay as collateral damage!

This site is still the best for accurate information despite misgivings by some members! The shrapnel holes can clearly be seen in a number of photos.

http://avherald.com/h?article=4d1aea51&opt=0
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » January 10, 2020, 3:33 pm

RLTrader wrote:
January 10, 2020, 2:32 pm

will guess it depends on your definition of blew-up. Mine would be a "uncontained engine failure"

Find it intersting that someone just happen to be holding the camera/phone still exactly where the airplane was allegedly hit. Not sure what it is a video of.
You will not let it go will ya! Digging a bigger hole. You should apply for a position in the industry or stop embarrassing yourself!

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » January 10, 2020, 3:46 pm

"Blades crack, shatter and leave in small pieces at tremendous centrifigal force."

This site is still the best for accurate information despite misgivings by some members! The shrapnel holes can clearly be seen in a number of photos.
Do not disagree or agree with your statement. It was more than likely a trigger happy Republican Guard who shot down the poor unfortunates but to just look at a hole in a wing or engine cowl and say YES for sure shrapnel is the cause is just jumping to too many conclusions without real evidence. May their Gods be with them.RIP

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » January 10, 2020, 8:40 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
January 10, 2020, 3:33 pm
RLTrader wrote:
January 10, 2020, 2:32 pm

You will not let it go will ya! Digging a bigger hole. You should apply for a position in the industry or stop embarrassing yourself!
Good idea Dero, heard Iran is looking to hire people who can spout their craploa with a straight face.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » January 11, 2020, 6:39 am

Update On The Ukrainian Plane Incident Near Tehran

Reuters asks: "Who Ya Gonna Believe Me Or Your Lying Eyes?"

The trustworthy (not) news agency tweeted this yesterday:
https://www.moonofalabama.org/2020/01/u ... ehran.html

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 11, 2020, 9:28 am

One can determine one thing though completely accurately , we will NEVER know the truth as Iran is intent on cleaning up the crash site and dealing with the Black Boxes inhouse, despite offering independent observers and investigators from affected countries clearance to attend top verify transparancy., after having ensured any items of evidence that points to a missile causing the accident is removed , so that they ( Iranians ) can co0nti9nue to play the aggrieved party when people accuse them. They should join the same club as Thailand belongs to, , NEVER ADMIT ANYTHING , BUT ALWAYS BLAME SOMEONE or SOMETHING ELSE.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 11, 2020, 9:40 am

Update I was wrong , Ukraine now has the Black Boxes, but the news fail to state whether they are intact or not

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » January 11, 2020, 11:49 am

Iran has just formally admitted to accidently shooting down the plane!

ABC Australia news

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » January 11, 2020, 12:43 pm

Iranian Armed Forces Say They Inadvertently Shot Down The Ukrainian Plane

https://www.moonofalabama.org/2020/01/i ... .html#more

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 11, 2020, 12:44 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
January 11, 2020, 9:28 am
One can determine one thing though completely accurately , we will NEVER know the truth as Iran is intent on cleaning up the crash site and dealing with the Black Boxes inhouse, despite offering independent observers and investigators from affected countries clearance to attend top verify transparancy., after having ensured any items of evidence that points to a missile causing the accident is removed , so that they ( Iranians ) can co0nti9nue to play the aggrieved party when people accuse them. They should join the same club as Thailand belongs to, , NEVER ADMIT ANYTHING , BUT ALWAYS BLAME SOMEONE or SOMETHING ELSE.
As reported earlier. the Iranians have finally admitted they shot it down, apologized, surrendered the black boxes for qualified analysis and have invited Canadian, Ukraine and Boeing investigators to come.

So KP, I guess that leaves Thailand right up there where you want it as the ONLY nation in the world that will "NEVER ADMIT ANYTHING , BUT ALWAYS BLAME SOMEONE or SOMETHING ELSE."

But before you think about going wildly off-topic on justifying yet another pathetic Thai bash, now that your determinations have been shot down like the Ukrainian airliner itself, who are you blaming for getting your original "completely accurate" assertions about never knowing the truth so totally and absolutely wrong?

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » January 11, 2020, 2:32 pm

"never"
A very unpositive word to use or is that negative

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » January 11, 2020, 2:58 pm

Maybe it's my military background, but 'accidentally' doesn't fit the bill. 'Unintentionally' sounds better.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » January 11, 2020, 3:32 pm

" NEVER ADMIT ANYTHING , BUT ALWAYS BLAME SOMEONE or SOMETHING ELSE."

Sounds like that idiot in the Oval Office.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » January 11, 2020, 4:07 pm

In my opinion, this is a strategic admission.

Personally, still not buying it.

Why Iran said they shot it down, must be a strategic admission.

Seems to me all the evidence points to complete engine failure.

So why after being hit by a exploding missile (or as some will say a complete missile failure) was it still able to turn around (plane) and try and land in a soccer field?

Says a lot about their missile defense.

Why did witnesses say “saw plane with engine and wing on fire, and that it tried to land?

Just too many questions.

But of course that's just me!

To all my foes - I do have this beatific bridge for Sale, cheap 1M฿ :lol:

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » January 11, 2020, 4:33 pm

RLTrader wrote:
January 11, 2020, 4:07 pm
In my opinion, this is a strategic admission.

Personally, still not buying it.

Why Iran said they shot it down, must be a strategic admission.

Seems to me all the evidence points to complete engine failure.

So why after being hit by a exploding missile (or as some will say a complete missile failure) was it still able to turn around (plane) and try and land in a soccer field?

Says a lot about their missile defense.

Why did witnesses say “saw plane with engine and wing on fire, and that it tried to land?

Just too many questions.

But of course that's just me!

To all my foes - I do have this beatific bridge for Sale, cheap 1M฿ :lol:
What are you smoking?? Why would they admit to shooting down the plane, if they didn’t. Nothing to gain everything to lose...are you just trying to be being sarcastic or an idiot.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » January 11, 2020, 4:41 pm

tigerryan wrote:
January 8, 2020, 10:51 pm
Plane goes up to 7000’in about two minutes after take off seems pretty normal to me. Plane then turns into fireball then crashes....not normal to me. Plane has puncture holes in fuselage seems like a SAM took this plane down. I am not even a armchair pilot however I do know where the good seats are and what airlines have the best looking help. Note to self IF you are in the middle of a live fire exercise between Iran and the US don’t go down range without clearance.

Congratulations, good pick :lol: :lol:

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » January 11, 2020, 4:42 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
January 11, 2020, 4:33 pm

What are you smoking?? Why would they admit to shooting down the plane, if they didn’t. Nothing to gain everything to lose...are you just trying to be being sarcastic or an idiot.
Probably best not to feed a delusional troll. He's having a great time! :confused:

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 11, 2020, 5:23 pm

Ah Tamada, still attempting to ridicule a poster in a pathetic attempt to sound intelligent. At my time of posting there was nothing not even a hope that Iran would admit to even un-intentionally shooting down the plane, but it seems sanity took over, in other words admit a mistake rather than a deliberate attack, as POTUS and others stated it may have been unintentional, so the Iranians took that as the lesser of two evils . Had I known what was in their minds my post would have been different, BUT I was right they did clear the site in an attempt to distance themselves from any guilt, BUT JUST MAYBE THEY GOT CAUGHT.
PS: MY opinions are entirely unbiased ( even on Thailand ) and based on many years of living, each to their own, I rarely attack other posters for being wrong, delusional or even plain ignorant , unless they first attack me.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » January 11, 2020, 5:31 pm

You know, if they told me at the Airport that I was about to get on a Plane and fly out from a place where there was even the slightest possibility, that someone on the ground was walking around carrying a SAM or something similar, regardless of which Country it was, I would take one big step back and catch a Train. :-k :-k .

In fact they wouldn't have to tell me at the Airport, because I would already know before I got in the Taxi. [-(

The Airline itself has partial responsibility in this, namley they should have cancelled the flight, if there was a significant risk associated with flying out of that Airport, that night. :confused:

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Return to “World News”