America coming apart at the seams?

World news discussion forum
Post Reply
Whistler
udonmap.com
Posts: 1005
Joined: June 15, 2019, 8:24 pm
Location: Udon, West of Ciity
Contact:

Re: America coming apart at the seams?

Post by Whistler » June 3, 2020, 6:53 pm

you have already explained that. Cops rule and the public must submit


watching in horror

mickojak
udonmap.com
Posts: 1282
Joined: June 3, 2012, 3:08 pm

Re: America coming apart at the seams?

Post by mickojak » June 3, 2020, 6:54 pm

From what I have seen in USA, (many times), that's correct and how it should be.
If people want change, go into politics and change it.
That's the system.

Protests don't achieve anything except media support

Whistler
udonmap.com
Posts: 1005
Joined: June 15, 2019, 8:24 pm
Location: Udon, West of Ciity
Contact:

Re: America coming apart at the seams?

Post by Whistler » June 3, 2020, 7:03 pm

mickojak wrote:
June 3, 2020, 6:54 pm
From what I have seen in USA, (many times), that's correct and how it should be.
If people want change, go into politics and change it.
That's the system.

Protests don't achieve anything except media support
At last, an acknowledgement that you support an authoritarian state.

problem is Mick, you don't need to go into politics, the laws are already in place. They just need to be followed at all times , including the police. Odd concept here, the police are also subject to the laws of the land. The acknowledged role of the police is to serve and protect.

By your statements, you have a different view.

As for protests, you obviously don't agree with the first amendment either.

Bet a million you support the 2nd.
watching in horror

mickojak
udonmap.com
Posts: 1282
Joined: June 3, 2012, 3:08 pm

Re: America coming apart at the seams?

Post by mickojak » June 3, 2020, 7:18 pm

Whistler wrote:
June 3, 2020, 7:03 pm
At last, an acknowledgement that you support an authoritarian state.
I support following the rules of whatever country that I live in.
Whistler wrote:
June 3, 2020, 7:03 pm
They just need to be followed at all times , including the police. Odd concept here, the police are also subject to the laws of the land. The acknowledged role of the police is to serve and protect.
Correct. And if people don't follow the laws, the need to be held accountable for that.
Whistler wrote:
June 3, 2020, 7:03 pm
r statements, you have a different view.
No, I don't. You take everyone's statements out of context to support your own view.
Whistler wrote:
June 3, 2020, 7:03 pm
As for protests, you obviously don't agree with the first amendment either.
I fully support peaceful protests. I do not support violence, in any form.
Whistler wrote:
June 3, 2020, 7:03 pm
bet a million you support the 2nd.
Bet you 2 million that I don't support any amendments.
I'm not American

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 6001
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: America coming apart at the seams?

Post by tamada » June 3, 2020, 7:27 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
June 3, 2020, 8:35 am
tinpeeba wrote:
June 3, 2020, 1:21 am
anefarious1 wrote:
June 2, 2020, 10:30 am
Anyone see Trump's photo op holding a bible?

How would the United States respond if the leader of any other country used tear gas and flash bombs to violently disperse a peaceful protest in order to walk over to a place of worship and pose for the cameras with a religious text?

Really? A photo opp in front a church that didn’t want him there, holding a Bible from which he cannot name a single verse, all to prove he’s not a coward hiding in his bunker again.

America could very well be coming apart at the seams.
Trump bible.jpg
Trump once said, “Nobody reads the Bible more than me.” Guess he must have skipped over these parts:

Luke 1:46-56 And Mary said, My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, .... He has shown strength with his arm; he has scattered the proud in the thoughts of their hearts; he has brought down the mighty from their thrones and exalted those of humble estate; he has filled the hungry with good things, and the rich he has sent away empty.

Ephesians 5:3-4 Let there be no sexual immorality, impurity, or greed among you. Such sins have no place among God’s people. Obscene stories, foolish talk, and coarse jokes—these are not for you.

Colossians 4:6 Let your conversation be gracious and attractive so that you will have the right response for everyone.

Titus 3:2 [Leaders] must not slander anyone and must avoid quarrelling. Instead, they should be gentle and show true humility to everyone.

James 3:13 If you are wise and understand God’s ways, prove it by living an honorable life, doing good works with the humility that comes from wisdom.

Romans 12:18 Do all that you can to live in peace with everyone.

Matthew 22:37-40 Jesus replied, ‘‘‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbour as yourself.’ The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.”

Luke 6:31-33 [Jesus said,] “Do to others as you would like them to do to you. If you love only those who love you, why should you get credit for that? Even sinners love those who love them! And if you do good only to those who do good to you, why should you get credit? Even sinners do that much!”

Romans 12:21 Don’t let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good.

Matthew 6:24 24 No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and be enslaved to money.

Acts 26:20 All must repent of their sins and turn to God—and prove they have changed by the good things they do.

I commend you for posting these Bible verses. Did you find them on your own, or did you copy this from another source? It matters if you are going to be virtue signaling. However, while these verses have their place in the argument against President Trump, you had better consider this one first of all:


Romans 13 ​
Submit to Government​

13 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same. 4 For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil. 5 Therefore you must be subject, not only because of wrath but also for conscience’ sake. 6 For because of this you also pay taxes, for they are God’s ministers attending continually to this very thing. 7 Render therefore to all their due: taxes to whom taxes are due, customs to whom customs, fear to whom fear, honor to whom honor.​

It is your social responsibility to give honor to the office of the Presidency and not to become part of the problem by denigrating your duly elected President. If you don't like your President, then it is your right to cast your vote to replace him in November 2020. If you're not a US citizen, then you don't have a dog in this fight and God will hold you accountable for stirring up wrath against His duly elected man for this season of time in the history of our great nation.
A comment about virtue signalling from the guy who thinks that those who regularly attend the "President's Church" and called Donny John's weird, two minute, silent bible thump for what it was, may not be the same sort of Christian that he is?

At least it got him out of his rat hole... sorry, his bunker.

Whistler
udonmap.com
Posts: 1005
Joined: June 15, 2019, 8:24 pm
Location: Udon, West of Ciity
Contact:

Re: America coming apart at the seams?

Post by Whistler » June 3, 2020, 7:37 pm

"Protests don't achieve anything except media support"

"I fully support peaceful protests"

which statement do you stand by

And you don't support any amendments, So the thirteenth amendment should be repealed???? American or not, the world should applaud the 13th
watching in horror

mickojak
udonmap.com
Posts: 1282
Joined: June 3, 2012, 3:08 pm

Re: America coming apart at the seams?

Post by mickojak » June 3, 2020, 7:41 pm

Whistler wrote:
June 3, 2020, 7:37 pm
which statement do you stand by
Both,
Protests don't mean anything, but if you want to waste your time peacefully protesting, go for it.
Whistler wrote:
June 3, 2020, 7:37 pm
And you don't support any amendments, So the thirteenth amendment should be repealed???? American or not, the world should applaud the 13th
No idea what the 13th amendment is.
I've never read the American constitution, and don't plan to.

tinpeeba
udonmap.com
Posts: 316
Joined: March 14, 2006, 2:51 am
Location: London or Udon

Re: America coming apart at the seams?

Post by tinpeeba » June 3, 2020, 8:42 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
June 3, 2020, 8:35 am
tinpeeba wrote:
June 3, 2020, 1:21 am
anefarious1 wrote:
June 2, 2020, 10:30 am
Anyone see Trump's photo op holding a bible?

How would the United States respond if the leader of any other country used tear gas and flash bombs to violently disperse a peaceful protest in order to walk over to a place of worship and pose for the cameras with a religious text?

Really? A photo opp in front a church that didn’t want him there, holding a Bible from which he cannot name a single verse, all to prove he’s not a coward hiding in his bunker again.

America could very well be coming apart at the seams.
Trump bible.jpg
Trump once said, “Nobody reads the Bible more than me.” Guess he must have skipped over these parts:

Luke 1:46-56 And Mary said, My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, .... He has shown strength with his arm; he has scattered the proud in the thoughts of their hearts; he has brought down the mighty from their thrones and exalted those of humble estate; he has filled the hungry with good things, and the rich he has sent away empty.

Ephesians 5:3-4 Let there be no sexual immorality, impurity, or greed among you. Such sins have no place among God’s people. Obscene stories, foolish talk, and coarse jokes—these are not for you.

Colossians 4:6 Let your conversation be gracious and attractive so that you will have the right response for everyone.

Titus 3:2 [Leaders] must not slander anyone and must avoid quarrelling. Instead, they should be gentle and show true humility to everyone.

James 3:13 If you are wise and understand God’s ways, prove it by living an honorable life, doing good works with the humility that comes from wisdom.

Romans 12:18 Do all that you can to live in peace with everyone.

Matthew 22:37-40 Jesus replied, ‘‘‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbour as yourself.’ The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.”

Luke 6:31-33 [Jesus said,] “Do to others as you would like them to do to you. If you love only those who love you, why should you get credit for that? Even sinners love those who love them! And if you do good only to those who do good to you, why should you get credit? Even sinners do that much!”

Romans 12:21 Don’t let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good.

Matthew 6:24 24 No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and be enslaved to money.

Acts 26:20 All must repent of their sins and turn to God—and prove they have changed by the good things they do.

I commend you for posting these Bible verses. Did you find them on your own, or did you copy this from another source? It matters if you are going to be virtue signaling. However, while these verses have their place in the argument against President Trump, you had better consider this one first of all:


Romans 13 ​
Submit to Government​

13 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same. 4 For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil. 5 Therefore you must be subject, not only because of wrath but also for conscience’ sake. 6 For because of this you also pay taxes, for they are God’s ministers attending continually to this very thing. 7 Render therefore to all their due: taxes to whom taxes are due, customs to whom customs, fear to whom fear, honor to whom honor.​

It is your social responsibility to give honor to the office of the Presidency and not to become part of the problem by denigrating your duly elected President. If you don't like your President, then it is your right to cast your vote to replace him in November 2020. If you're not a US citizen, then you don't have a dog in this fight and God will hold you accountable for stirring up wrath against His duly elected man for this season of time in the history of our great nation.
Trump is a complete hypocrite.
Whilst perhaps not having the breadth and depth of his extensive knowledge of the Scriptures, what I do know results from my misfortune in having had to endure religious brainwashing as a child with compulsory church attendance three times a week plus Sunday school and confirmation classes. As an adult I managed to find the strength of mind to overcome that abuse, go on to discover for myself the absurdity of Christianity and the necessity of thinking for oneself rather than slavishly following whatever religious culture you happen to be born into.
Romans 13 is arrant nonsense. There is a long history of abusive, lunatic politicians and royalty who have claimed their right to rule derived from a non-existent god or even that they were a god themselves. It is the duty of all good citizens to resist such tyrants.

By the way, to imply that someone is virtue signalling is in itself a form of virtue signalling.

Whistler
udonmap.com
Posts: 1005
Joined: June 15, 2019, 8:24 pm
Location: Udon, West of Ciity
Contact:

Re: America coming apart at the seams?

Post by Whistler » June 3, 2020, 8:45 pm

Tin,

I applaud you
watching in horror

Whistler
udonmap.com
Posts: 1005
Joined: June 15, 2019, 8:24 pm
Location: Udon, West of Ciity
Contact:

Re: America coming apart at the seams?

Post by Whistler » June 3, 2020, 8:53 pm

This is good news

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/03/us/g ... e=Homepage

Peaceful protest is far more powerful if the true believers do not get their message diluted by opportunists, looters and rioters who are criminals, no excuses for that behaviour.

All power to those that want permanent and lasting changes that support equality and the rule of law for all.
watching in horror

User avatar
mech_401
udonmap.com
Posts: 670
Joined: August 13, 2018, 3:59 am

Re: America coming apart at the seams?

Post by mech_401 » June 3, 2020, 9:04 pm

unfortunately whistler , you are absolutely clueless . the 1st incident/riot of this type against
police enforcement tactics occurred in 1992

i would welcome a discussion on ideas for helping
to improve african-american lives. because this
underlying frustration is what needs to change

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 12741
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: America coming apart at the seams?

Post by stattointhailand » June 3, 2020, 9:46 pm

Bojo told in PMQ's today to investigate the fact that Riot gear, Tear Gas and Rubber Bullets exported to US from UK were being used by US govt against peaceful protesters.

tinpeeba
udonmap.com
Posts: 316
Joined: March 14, 2006, 2:51 am
Location: London or Udon

Re: America coming apart at the seams?

Post by tinpeeba » June 4, 2020, 2:32 am


rct
udonmap.com
Posts: 942
Joined: September 24, 2007, 8:29 am

Re: America coming apart at the seams?

Post by rct » June 4, 2020, 4:53 am

Just saw this thread and wont be reading 14 pages....though is a very important subject.

Am getting very interesting "information" on protests and policing via TikTok!

Of course this includes the horrible looting and vandalism which is totally unacceptable no matter where or what it is. Some of it is just crazy. A great pity, as it takes attention away from the positives of seeking change with peaceful protests.

mickojak
udonmap.com
Posts: 1282
Joined: June 3, 2012, 3:08 pm

Re: America coming apart at the seams?

Post by mickojak » June 4, 2020, 8:30 am

Nothing like a "black lives matter" protest, that kills black people.
Screenshot_20200604-072511_Samsung Internet.jpg
Makes ya wonder?

User avatar
semperfiguy
udonmap.com
Posts: 2127
Joined: July 16, 2010, 12:49 pm
Location: Udon Thani, Thailand

Re: America coming apart at the seams?

Post by semperfiguy » June 4, 2020, 10:28 am

tinpeeba wrote:
June 3, 2020, 8:42 pm
semperfiguy wrote:
June 3, 2020, 8:35 am
tinpeeba wrote:
June 3, 2020, 1:21 am
anefarious1 wrote:
June 2, 2020, 10:30 am
Anyone see Trump's photo op holding a bible?



I commend you for posting these Bible verses. Did you find them on your own, or did you copy this from another source? It matters if you are going to be virtue signaling. However, while these verses have their place in the argument against President Trump, you had better consider this one first of all:


Romans 13 ​
Submit to Government​

13 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same. 4 For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil. 5 Therefore you must be subject, not only because of wrath but also for conscience’ sake. 6 For because of this you also pay taxes, for they are God’s ministers attending continually to this very thing. 7 Render therefore to all their due: taxes to whom taxes are due, customs to whom customs, fear to whom fear, honor to whom honor.​

It is your social responsibility to give honor to the office of the Presidency and not to become part of the problem by denigrating your duly elected President. If you don't like your President, then it is your right to cast your vote to replace him in November 2020. If you're not a US citizen, then you don't have a dog in this fight and God will hold you accountable for stirring up wrath against His duly elected man for this season of time in the history of our great nation.
Trump is a complete hypocrite.
Whilst perhaps not having the breadth and depth of his extensive knowledge of the Scriptures, what I do know results from my misfortune in having had to endure religious brainwashing as a child with compulsory church attendance three times a week plus Sunday school and confirmation classes. As an adult I managed to find the strength of mind to overcome that abuse, go on to discover for myself the absurdity of Christianity and the necessity of thinking for oneself rather than slavishly following whatever religious culture you happen to be born into.
Romans 13 is arrant nonsense. There is a long history of abusive, lunatic politicians and royalty who have claimed their right to rule derived from a non-existent god or even that they were a god themselves. It is the duty of all good citizens to resist such tyrants.

By the way, to imply that someone is virtue signalling is in itself a form of virtue signalling.
I figured this was the case. Just another God hater quoting Scripture who doesn't believe that the Scriptures are the inspired Word of God and should be applied to every facet of our every day lives including the political realm of nations. ​

Psalm 14:1 says  "The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds; there is none who does good". ​

Proverbs 26:9 says "a proverb in the mouth of a fool is like a thorny branch brandished by a drunk.​

Fair enough....now I understand who you are and where you are coming from. Therefore, putting religion aside for the moment, let's remember one thing here. When you say above "Romans 13 is arrant nonsense. There is a long history of abusive, lunatic politicians and royalty who have claimed their right to rule derived from a non-existent god or even that they were a god themselves. It is the duty of all good citizens to resist such tyrants", there is a huge difference between these examples and a DULY ELECTED PRESIDENT BY THE CITIZENS OF A DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC, THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. ​

If I were a guessing man then I would say that you are probably not even a US citizen, so for all the US citizens out there I will say once again at the expense of being redundant: “It is your social responsibility to give honor to the office of the Presidency and not to become part of the problem by denigrating your duly elected President. If you don't like your President, then it is your right to cast your vote to replace him in November 2020. If you're not a US citizen, then you don't have a dog in this fight and God will hold you accountable for stirring up wrath against His duly elected man for this season of time in the history of our great nation”.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Whistler
udonmap.com
Posts: 1005
Joined: June 15, 2019, 8:24 pm
Location: Udon, West of Ciity
Contact:

Re: America coming apart at the seams?

Post by Whistler » June 4, 2020, 10:40 am

Semp, I am gobsmacked. People on this earth cannot criticize Trump or they will feel God's wrath?

Does that go for every elected leader in the world, or does god just focus on the USA?
watching in horror

Whistler
udonmap.com
Posts: 1005
Joined: June 15, 2019, 8:24 pm
Location: Udon, West of Ciity
Contact:

Re: America coming apart at the seams?

Post by Whistler » June 4, 2020, 11:38 am

OK.

Semp, I can see why you wont answer.

IF GOD ONLY WATCHES OUT FOR THE USA. Well Semp, you might not feel the wrath of God, but you will every non American on this site.

IF GOD WATCHES OVER EVERY ELECTED LEADER. Trump will feel gods Wrath many times over for criticizing, Obama, Bush SNr & Jnr, Clinton, every Democratic governor, The leaders of Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Britain, France, Germany, Mexico, etc, etc.

Your statement is plain ridiculous, of course we can talk disparagingly about the idiot, it's a free world and we can say what we damn well want.
watching in horror

User avatar
noosard
udonmap.com
Posts: 2164
Joined: April 17, 2011, 4:07 am
Location: Ban Jumpa Udon
Contact:

Re: America coming apart at the seams?

Post by noosard » June 4, 2020, 12:57 pm

Whistler wrote:
June 4, 2020, 11:38 am
OK.

Semp, I can see why you wont answer.

IF GOD ONLY WATCHES OUT FOR THE USA. Well Semp, you might not feel the wrath of God, but you will every non American on this site.

IF GOD WATCHES OVER EVERY ELECTED LEADER. Trump will feel gods Wrath many times over for criticizing, Obama, Bush SNr & Jnr, Clinton, every Democratic governor, The leaders of Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Britain, France, Germany, Mexico, etc, etc.

Your statement is plain ridiculous, of course we can talk disparagingly about the idiot, it's a free world and we can say what we damn well want.
God may watch over these clowns
does not mean god does anything but watch
and as if god has nothing better to do

anefarious1
udonmap.com
Posts: 183
Joined: October 9, 2014, 4:36 am

Re: America coming apart at the seams?

Post by anefarious1 » June 4, 2020, 1:46 pm

It is a huge relief to know that US military leadership knows what a piece of crap Trump is. Current and former, from the very highest levels, are so concerned by this clown that they are speaking out publicly and standing up for what's right. Trump is so bad that it's almost not believable - like a reality TV show which kind of makes sense when you think about it.

Post Reply

Return to “World News”