America coming apart at the seams?

World news discussion forum
tigerryan
udonmap.com

Re: America coming apart at the seams?

Post by tigerryan » June 6, 2020, 10:11 pm

I just read that two of the four cops charged in the Floyd Murder were only on the job for four days. I have spent my life drilling wells and in the military and can empathize with these two poor bastards being the new guy in the field. I mean how seriously messed up is it to be on the job for four days and be assigned to a training officer that is a psychopath that uses a knee on neck technique that is sorta allowed and taught in police training but maybe not ish and kills the guy and this starts a global riot and you get charged with murder. It’s not like your a private and you just watched your Sargent shoot a prisoner in the back of the head this situation for the new guys is nuanced and Fd up.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 6, 2020, 10:15 pm

tiger,

I think you are spot on
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 6, 2020, 11:21 pm

cjd01 wrote:
June 6, 2020, 7:50 pm
newtovillagelife wrote:
June 6, 2020, 7:40 pm
cjd01 wrote:
June 6, 2020, 7:22 pm
Whistle in the Wind
another poster mentioned appeasement with bullies doesn't work
I'm now in total agreement there will be no more appeasement
Here's my first one
Our new hero George Floyd was a piece of excrement who deserved everything he got, should have been sooner and the same for all like him.
Since it seems you are a racist cjd01, how does it feel to live in a country where you are in the minority with no rights, and also you don't mind being governed these non whites. You are a disgrace to white supremacy.
I'm in no way a racist, happily married to a non white for nearly 19 years, I choose to live here because I want to, my personal ideas involve letting everyone enjoy their lives as the see fit as long as you let me live mine without pushing your left agenda down my throat.
Totally agree with live and let live. I've also found if you keep your yap shut, bugger all can get pushed down your throat.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 6, 2020, 11:31 pm

Whistler wrote:
June 6, 2020, 10:15 pm
tiger,

I think you are spot on
Despite the Oscar, I reckon Ethan Hawke's performance pissed all over Denzel's.

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Post by tinpeeba » June 7, 2020, 2:31 am

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Post by tinpeeba » June 7, 2020, 2:45 am

Pat Robertson says "Not Cool" to Trump's Church Photo Op

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 7, 2020, 3:38 am

cjd01 wrote:
Whistle in the Wind
Here's my first one
Our new hero George Floyd was a piece of excrement who deserved everything he got, should have been sooner and the same for all like him.
You're pissing all over the US constitution and flag. Did you intend to do that? :lol:
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » June 7, 2020, 6:44 am

tamada wrote:
June 6, 2020, 11:21 pm
cjd01 wrote:
June 6, 2020, 7:50 pm
newtovillagelife wrote:
June 6, 2020, 7:40 pm
cjd01 wrote:
Whistle in the Wind
Here's my first one
Since it seems you are a racist cjd01, how does it feel to live in a country where you are in the minority with no rights, and also you don't mind being governed these non whites. You are a disgrace to white supremacy.
I'm in no way a racist, happily married to a non white for nearly 19 years, I choose to live here because I want to, my personal ideas involve letting everyone enjoy their lives as the see fit as long as you let me live mine without pushing your left agenda down my throat.
Totally agree with live and let live. I've also found if you keep your yap shut, bugger all can get pushed down your throat.
Totally agree perhaps you should practice likewise, the reality is that what I think matters very little if anything to you and we now have a reciprocal arrangement.
Here's my next racist bigoted statement, I'm only interested in like minded, others can please themselves your opinions to me are worthless (from the KP bible)

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » June 7, 2020, 6:47 am

More charming non threatening peaceful protesters
NYC protest organizer threatens to take violence to Diamond District: 'Gasoline ... is awfully cheap'
A man identifying himself as "Ace Burns" delivered an ominous threat to New Yorkers Saturday during a live interview on Fox News, warning that protesters could set fire to Manhattan's storied Diamond District if New York leaders don't meet their demands.

"Today, I'm giving a demonstration from Barclay's Center at 6 p.m. to City Hall, and that's the first stop -- and we're hoping [Mayor] De Blasio and [Gov.] Cuomo come out and talk to us and give the youth some direction," he told Fox News reporter Jacqui Heinrich.

"But if they don't, then [the] next stop is the Diamond District," he said, referring to a block on Manhattan's 47th Street known for jewelry shops. "And gasoline, thanks to Trump, is awfully cheap. So we're giving them a chance right now to do the right thing."

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 7, 2020, 9:01 am

GT93 wrote:
June 7, 2020, 8:34 am
cjd01:
... others can please themselves your opinions to me are worthless (from the KP bible)
A reference to the KP bible? :lol:

Some readers aren't too keen on that punchy book.
GT,

cjd does not believe in the law, does not care what other people think, but does believe in his thoughts only.

Qualifies him to be US President. Before you quote the US constitution that only somebody born in America can be president, that is irrelevant as he does not believe in that either.

Hail to the chief, ta-dump-de-dump-dump
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » June 7, 2020, 10:14 am

Look here's a really crazy right wing proposition
Suppose we had democratically elected governments that had say a 4 year term
The losing proponents allowed them to enact their policies appoint their judges etc and at the same time offering in their view better propositions for their country.
At the end of the said term the citizens then voted for who they thought should be running their countries and it carried on
Or perhaps we employ the Chinese method that looks way better.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 7, 2020, 10:43 am

cjd01 wrote:
June 7, 2020, 10:14 am
Look here's a really crazy right wing proposition
Suppose we had democratically elected governments that had say a 4 year term
The losing proponents allowed them to enact their policies appoint their judges etc and at the same time offering in their view better propositions for their country.
At the end of the said term the citizens then voted for who they thought should be running their countries and it carried on
Or perhaps we employ the Chinese method that looks way better.
The flaw in your argument has already been addressed by most advanced nations.

The Americans call it checks and balances. This makes sure the elected government acts according to that country's constitution. If the executive or Congress attempts to flout the constitution, the courts declare that illegal. There are also provisions to remove rogue elected officials if their behaviour is so bad that this little used power is necessary.

Then we have free speech, a free Press so the citizens can express their views at all times.

Put these provisions and you have a broad based democratic system. For all of its flaws, it beats the heck out of other systems.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 7, 2020, 12:17 pm

Yes I agree Checks and Balances is good, but NOT WHEN one man can fire the people in charge of those checks and balances, as is the case currently in the US of A , which is slowly turning into the S of A as they are no longer United courtesy of POTUS

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 7, 2020, 12:35 pm

Paul,

Never said it was perfect. but, but, but...what would it been like if there was nothing. There is still an elected Congress. What CJD was suggesting was a four year elected Authoritarian state with no checks and balances. Trump would have loved that.

You can bet your life that given this level of authority, there would be no election at the end of the four years.

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men...",

John Dalberg-Acton April 5, 1887

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 7, 2020, 12:53 pm

Wait until Trump loses the election. Many anticipate he'll resist exiting the White House. He's already got the Supreme Court lined up to give him a second crack and to force a second election. I'm predicting a second election in 2021. I'm going to call that the John Roberts election. Fingers crossed I'm wrong.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 7, 2020, 1:05 pm

mickojak wrote:
June 2, 2020, 9:06 pm
Probably the same pols that predicted sour puss to win in a landslide?

How many protesters out of the 330 million americans?
I said a tiny, tiny percentage.
Prove me wrong
You are now well and truly proven wrong, all across the USA, many, many thousands have marched, in cities and even small towns where the KKK once ruled. From what I am observing, I suspect there protests are even bigger than those against the Vietnam War.

As for it not achieving anything. New acts have been prepared for Congress, cities have cut police budgets, the Minneapolis police force is to be disbanded and replaced with a new structure. Police forces have banned the use of choke holds. Police chiefs are decalring their support for the protesters, this will change America.

These protests have achieved more in 10 days than the significant days of MLK and Malcolm X. What is more, the protests are now overwhelmingly organised and peaceful.

And that twerp in the White House just does not get it, tweeting once again from his bunker 'LAW AND ORDER'.

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » June 7, 2020, 2:18 pm

If Trump is not re-elected the US is well and truelly finished, the idiot lefties will destroy the country

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » June 7, 2020, 2:28 pm

GT93 wrote:
June 7, 2020, 12:53 pm
Wait until Trump loses the election. Many anticipate he'll resist exiting the White House. He's already got the Supreme Court lined up to give him a second crack and to force a second election. I'm predicting a second election in 2021. I'm going to call that the John Roberts election. Fingers crossed I'm wrong.
Yes I think if you try google you'll find similar Rhetoric was used by the left side of politics before the 2016 election
"Will Trump concede Defeat"
I note it took all of two weeks after the election before the first Dem called for impeachment and of course you had the "Hilary I never lost tour"

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » June 7, 2020, 2:36 pm

Why don't you debate what is happening now cjd01 instead of bringing up politics 4 years ago or bringing up Hilary ?? its about Agent Orange we are debating about in 2020 not in 2016.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 7, 2020, 4:32 pm

Whistler wrote:
June 7, 2020, 1:05 pm
You are now well and truly proven wrong
I was 100% correct on the day of posting.

Don't have a crystal ball, nor did I promise one

Return to “World News”