A Shadow of Darkness From Australia.

World news discussion forum
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: A Shadow of Darkness From Australia.

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 12, 2021, 4:20 pm

SALVATION ARMY 1980 to 1990 ........... Scunthorpe regiment .. i played the triangle and trombone

DM

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » June 12, 2021, 10:26 pm

I hope that was the trusty trombone and not to be confused with the rusty trombone DM?

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 13, 2021, 5:10 am

jackspratt wrote:
June 10, 2021, 7:47 pm
AlexO wrote:
June 10, 2021, 12:35 pm
Pratt
What do you see that is incriminating in any of the footage apart from a wee soul being led by a reporter into saying things. Words in a video means nothing, you never watched a Western movie that has been dubbed in Thailand, and you talk about educated????
So what did you make of the 1st video Alex - you did watch it yeah?

The one taken by an SAS body cam, without any reporter being present.

Where SAS1 says to SAS2 a couple of times "should I drop this c*unt" - the c*unt being a young Afghan laying on the ground, without any resistance, or a weapon or radio in sight.

And then, from about 2 metres range, shoots him 3 times.

Please get back after giving it due consideration - and without any deflection about Northern Ireland.
Pratt
I know this will be difficult for you, but just use your brain for a moment.
Did you actually see the words being spoken or just hear them in the background?
Did you actually see the guy who allegedly pulled the trigger in the video?
Have you ever asked yourself why a secret military units body cam video would suddenly be released to a left wing supporting TV outlet such as ABC?
Why are there mistakes in the narration, describing a fragmentation grenade as a phosphorous grenade be made if the dubbing was not put together by an amateur?
Have you ever watched a movie that had not been edited and dubbed to suit the directors views of how the story should go?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 13, 2021, 7:35 am

trekkertony wrote:
June 12, 2021, 10:26 pm
I hope that was the trusty trombone and not to be confused with the rusty trombone DM?
The clue is in my post Tony ... as most know we play with a straight bat in Scunthorpe.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 15, 2021, 7:21 am

I see one of Australia's worst ever Prime Minsters has been brown-nosing the Poms:

https://www.gbnews.uk/shows/no-country- ... ott/105524

He's probably a closet Harold Larwood fan.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » June 15, 2021, 11:22 am

GT93 wrote:
June 15, 2021, 7:21 am
I see one of Australia's worst ever Prime Minsters has been brown-nosing the Poms:

By brown nosing i guess you mean working for . As for what he said , its true , so get over yourself .

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 15, 2021, 6:37 pm

AlexO wrote:
June 13, 2021, 5:10 am
jackspratt wrote:
June 10, 2021, 7:47 pm
AlexO wrote:
June 10, 2021, 12:35 pm
Pratt
What do you see that is incriminating in any of the footage apart from a wee soul being led by a reporter into saying things. Words in a video means nothing, you never watched a Western movie that has been dubbed in Thailand, and you talk about educated????
So what did you make of the 1st video Alex - you did watch it yeah?

The one taken by an SAS body cam, without any reporter being present.

Where SAS1 says to SAS2 a couple of times "should I drop this c*unt" - the c*unt being a young Afghan laying on the ground, without any resistance, or a weapon or radio in sight.

And then, from about 2 metres range, shoots him 3 times.

Please get back after giving it due consideration - and without any deflection about Northern Ireland.
Pratt
I know this will be difficult for you, but just use your brain for a moment.
Did you actually see the words being spoken or just hear them in the background?
Did you actually see the guy who allegedly pulled the trigger in the video?
Have you ever asked yourself why a secret military units body cam video would suddenly be released to a left wing supporting TV outlet such as ABC?
Why are there mistakes in the narration, describing a fragmentation grenade as a phosphorous grenade be made if the dubbing was not put together by an amateur?
Have you ever watched a movie that had not been edited and dubbed to suit the directors views of how the story should go?
I have just stumbled upon this gem, Alex - apologies for not get back sooner.

You seem to have a huge logic deficiency - "critical thinking" I believe someone described it on another thread - so I will try and help you out.

This footage was shown on the ABC more than a year ago. There has been no denial of its authenticity by the Australian Defence Force, nor the (decidedly right wing) Oz government.

So get your head around this conundrum - if the video has been faked/edited, why has the ADF decided to hang out to dry its elite combat unit?

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » June 15, 2021, 8:47 pm

JS, you seem to think that this all a for-gone conclusion and the result inevitable and you may end up being correct. All I can say is that, "there is no certainty in Life, except Death". :-k :-k

There are still a number of Legal procedures that will need to be established/followed, before any trial of any of the …No Individuals can be contemplated. Notwithstanding, that no member of the Australian armed forces has been prosecuted for war crimes of this nature, for the past 120 years and that the last time was 120 years ago, that during the Boer War and the case of Lieutenant Harry ("The Breaker") Morant and his co-defendants, who in fact went before a British Military Court in 1901-1902.

At present the situation is that Maj Gen Paul Brereton (a NSW Supreme Court Judge and Major General in the Army Reserves), led and investigation and prepared a report (under the title of Inspector-General of Australian Defence Afghanistan Inquiry Report) alleging unlawful killings etc, by the ADFSAS (between 2009 and 2013, as far as I can make out), in Afghanistan. That he then submitted the Report to General Angus Campbell AO (Chief of the Defence Force) in November 2020. This appears to be the Report below, complete with Redaction,

https://afghanistaninquiry.defence.gov. ... ersion.pdf

I then assume that General Angus Campbell AO, forwarded that report to the Commonwealth Government (to the Prime Minister and or DPP and or the Attorney General)

In the past 6 months,
1. None of the individual soldiers mentioned in the Report, who are currently still serving with the ADF SAS, or even others who have since left, have been stripped of their unit citations. Not all of the Individuals mentioned in the Report are still serving as members of the ADF SAS, at this time and some are now private citizens.
2. None of the individual soldiers mentioned in the Report who are still serving with the ADF SAS, have been dismissed from their current ADF SAS roles. There is speculation that those still serving may be placed on medical leave, but not dismissed. This may have something to do with the "presumption of innocence until proven guilty".

So what next.

The Commonwealth Government has decided on a course of action, as was announced on 12 November 2020, by the Prime Minister. Namely, to ask the “Office of the Special Investigator” to look into the content of the Report, to address the criminal matters and investigate the allegation and gather evidence and whether appropriate, refer briefs to the Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions for consideration, to determine the “potential for criminal prosecution”. The ABC Report this on 12 November 2020.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-12/ ... t/12875570

Correct me if I am wrong, but as of today (mid-June 2021), it would appear to still sit/be with the “Office of the Special Investigator”, for it to complete the task of addressing the criminal matters, investigating the allegation, gathering the evidence, and then determine whether it was sufficient to prepare the briefs for/to the Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions, for then, his consideration as to whether there was potential for criminal prosecution success. “Still a few Links in the chain to go”.

I cant find any further Reporting on what the “Office of the Special Investigator” has determined or concluded and or recommended to the Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions, at this time. That’s not to say that it is not coming sometime down the track, but as of yet, I see no definitive statement for the DDP as to what the recommendations will be.

There are only two Parties or Individuals in the Government/Commonwealth, who can determine if prosecutions will procced, and they are the, and I am not sure who has jurisdiction or decides in this instance.
*Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions
*Commonwealth Attorney General

I guess we will all just have to wait and hold our breath, for the next move. :wave: :fryingpan:

pipoz4444
Last edited by pipoz4444 on July 6, 2022, 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 15, 2021, 9:12 pm

Two different issues, pipo.

My current discussion with Alex is about the veracity of the video evidence shown on 4 Corners in March of last year.

I await his response.

As for your statement:
JS, you seem to think that this all a for-gone conclusion and the result inevitable and you may end up being correct. All I can say is that, "there is no certainty in Lift, except Death".

this is what I said back on page 2 of this thread:
Can you point out who on this thread has stated the soldiers are guilty ..... let alone "hang 'em high"

There has been a report, and based on that further investigations will be conducted and recommendations made, after which prosecutions may be bought, from which guilty or not guilty verdicts will be rendered.

And for those found guilty, punishments meted out.

It's know as rule of law, which does not exempt certain people because they happen to wear a uniform, of whatever description.
I think you will also find that at least one of the SAS soldiers (Soldier C from memory, the one shown in the video shooting the unarmed 16 year old) has been suspended ie stood down.

It will also be interesting to see what comes out of the evidence (under oath) of the 21 SAS grunts (former and serving) in the Ben Roberts-Smith action.
Last edited by jackspratt on June 15, 2021, 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 15, 2021, 9:24 pm

GT93 wrote:
June 15, 2021, 7:21 am

Certainly a big Sir Prince Phillip fan. :D

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 16, 2021, 1:53 am

The litigation has barely commenced and I think Roberts-Smith is already coming across at best as a bit of a weirdo. I hope other members of the Australian SAS are more normal guys. I suppose he's been out and about fxcking other married women besides person 17. What a hero. :lol:

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 26, 2021, 5:45 am

He's still coming across as at best a weirdo. He seems on balance to be anti-SAS. Interesting litigation.

I wouldn't buy a second hand car from this guy.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 6, 2022, 10:13 am

A further report, on bad behaviour by Australian Special Forces in East Timor - which preceded the alarming reports of actions in Afghanistan, but are probably directly linked to them.
An internal Australian Defence Force report explicitly warned of a "code of silence" and a culture of cover-up in the special forces years before allegations of war crimes in Afghanistan emerged.

Almost two decades later, an inquiry would blame this same culture of obfuscation and deceit for fostering what investigators say was the unlawful killing of 39 civilians and prisoners by the SAS in Afghanistan......
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-07-06/ ... /101209430
:shock:

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » July 6, 2022, 10:51 am

Yes, I think this is all linked and it's a shame this wasn't sorted out much earlier. The top brass in the Aussie army haven't been doing their job.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 12, 2022, 6:32 am

Aussie returned criminal back to the motherland

Convicted Australian paedophile - TV star Robert Hughes has been tracked down to his new residence in the UK after fleeing Australia following a stint in prison.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 12, 2022, 8:50 am

With a relative a SAS recruit, now retired due to serious injuries leading to double amputations of both legs.

First application was knocked back when urine tests showed positive to cannabis use. Interestingly, was invited to re-apply again after 6 months. It seems one of the characteristics sought after by the ADF was an attitude of being a bit reckless and showing bravado.

I can see the logic in this, you need to be full of those qualities to take on the extremes faced by these soldiers, I can also see the flip side where these attitudes lead to a view that bugger the rules, let's just get it done. Given this, the fact that some of these guys lacked discipline is not that surprising.

Perhaps adding extensive training in ethics is as important as training in hand-to-hand combat.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 12, 2022, 12:43 pm

Aussie returned criminal back to the motherland

Convicted Australian paedophile - TV star Robert Hughes has been tracked down to his new residence in the UK after fleeing Australia following a stint in prison.
I'm not sure when "fleeing" became interchangeable for "deported".

I guess it makes for a sexier headline though. ;)

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 13, 2022, 6:34 am

Just find it hippocritcal of the Oz government to allow its own criminals to wander the world

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 13, 2022, 11:17 am

noosard wrote:
July 13, 2022, 6:34 am
Just find it hippocritcal of the Oz government to allow its own criminals to wander the world
If a national has been convicted in any country, when they have completed their sentence, they are free to travel where ever they want. It is up to the destination country to determine if they are entitled to entry. Or have I got something wrong here?
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 13, 2022, 12:26 pm

Arriving in Oz on the form it asks if you have been convicted
depending on the crime whether entry is given
Oz would bar entry to sex offenders, no more questions asked
so why would they allow their own sex offenders to have passports

Return to “World News”