A Shadow of Darkness From Australia.

World news discussion forum
noosard
udonmap.com

Re: A Shadow of Darkness From Australia.

Post by noosard » July 26, 2022, 10:25 am

Manly Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler has apologised for the club’s “significant mistake” regarding the pride jersey.
as seven refuse to play
They are not wearing the jersey as it conflict with their cultural and religious beliefs,

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-07-26/ ... /101269018

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 26, 2022, 10:38 am

I hope the 7 enjoy their week off, while their team mates try to win an important game for the club.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 27, 2022, 12:07 am

I wonder about the need for a RL club to decide to do this without consulting the players. What does it achieve? I totally support equality for all genders and pursusions, but feel no need to put on a rainbow tshirt to publicise my tolerance for this community.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 27, 2022, 1:59 am

Whistler wrote:
July 27, 2022, 12:07 am
I wonder about the need for a RL club to decide to do this without consulting the players. What does it achieve? I totally support equality for all genders and pursusions, but feel no need to put on a rainbow tshirt to publicise my tolerance for this community.
Good choice if words with which I agree. Much noise is being made about being "inclusive" and "showing support" but nothing about certain proponents of the LGBQT+ brigade's intolerance of those like 'the 7' who simply say they disagree. There's probably enough in their own community who prefer anonymity and don't feel the need to advertise their sexuality in order to make others feel any more represented in society. It's the polar opposite of homophobia but just as ugly IMHO.

In the EPL, Zaha of Crystal Palace was one of the first to stop taking the BLM knee as he considered it beyond its use-by date.

Members of Scotland's national football team were allowed to make their own decisions on this knee nonsense. The same went for F1 drivers. No political dictates or pressure to comply. Hopefully we will eventually see the same maturity, common sense and tolerance develop over this gender malarkey.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 28, 2022, 6:24 am

noosard wrote:
July 26, 2022, 10:25 am
Manly Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler has apologised for the club’s “significant mistake” regarding the pride jersey.
as seven refuse to play
They are not wearing the jersey as it conflict with their cultural and religious beliefs,

Of course, it does raise the question, "Are some footie blokes being upset about wearing rainbow-themed gear just being manly?"
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 28, 2022, 11:52 am

Manly releases updated, less offensive pride round jersey
manly-sea-eagles-jersey-2-620x289.jpg
https://www.theshovel.com.au/2022/07/26 ... nd-jersey/

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » July 28, 2022, 5:09 pm

In this age of inclusiveness when will the push come for decriminalising incest and child sex offenders.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 28, 2022, 5:20 pm

tamada wrote:
July 28, 2022, 6:24 am
noosard wrote:
as seven refuse to play

Of course, it does raise the question, "Are some footie blokes being upset about wearing rainbow-themed gear just being manly?"
May be .... may be not ...... but what I can say is that some footie fans are getting p*ssed off to the back teeth with their bl**dy rainbow laces/jock straps etc etc ........... and basically couldnt give a flying fig if this one or that one is so brave as to "come out" .......... I also dont care if he's black/white or green ......My ONLY concern is how good is he at playing football :evil:

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 28, 2022, 7:11 pm

trekkertony wrote:
July 28, 2022, 5:09 pm
In this age of inclusiveness when will the push come for decriminalising incest and child sex offenders.
Classic, but not in a good way.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 28, 2022, 7:25 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
July 28, 2022, 5:20 pm
tamada wrote:
July 28, 2022, 6:24 am
noosard wrote:
as seven refuse to play

May be .... may be not ...... but what I can say is that some footie fans are getting p*ssed off to the back teeth with their bl**dy rainbow laces/jock straps etc etc ........... and basically couldnt give a flying fig if this one or that one is so brave as to "come out" .......... I also dont care if he's black/white or green ......My ONLY concern is how good is he at playing football :evil:
Have you seen these horribly objectionable shirts? At twenty paces you can't see the bloody rainbow.

Manly men my arse.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » July 29, 2022, 2:36 pm

Not many rainbows around this manly mob.

Sydney Showground 1933. x FairfaxArchives

The 1933 revival of the Police and Firemen’s Carnival at Sydney Showground. A shining duet of V-twin Harley-Davidsons bolted abreast, each towing an elaborately decorated chariot with full-size H-D wheels,
We understand the rider controls the bikes with a pair of rigid control arms linked to the handle bars, one mounting a throttle, the other with a brake lever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » October 8, 2022, 4:48 pm

Residents of the Central Coast Council, just north of Sydney, claimed the Council had placed a ban on all flying and display of the Australian flag on Council assets, even on Australia Day.
“This is the mob that raked up half a billion dollars in debt and poor ratepayers had to foot the bill for their financial mismanagement,” Wilson said.

“Those halfwit councillors were sacked and replaced by an administrator but it seems the disgraceful decision-making continues.”
th (15).jpg

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 8, 2022, 7:21 pm

What a crock of ----, geeze noos, you should do a bit more research before posting this.

There is no ban on flying the flag, zero. There is a ban on using the flag on street banners in the Gosford cbd and Wyong cbd as it can be misused for commercial purposes.

The administrator was assigned when there was gross mismanagement a couple of years ago about financial reporting. This was discovered when the unpopular forced amalgamation was imposed around 5 years ago to combine Wyong council with Gosford council.

Nobody in either place wanted the merger but the premier ran roughshod over local sentiments.

To quell local objections, a state government lacky
was installed on a massive salary to be the sole administrator combining the role of mayor and general manager.

The newly elected council was kept in the dark they were not allowed to even request the ability to see council documents. Cr Sunstrom is a long standing mate of mine who filled me in on many details. I personally know several others on the council, Labor, liberal, green and independents and worked on the last elections.

This council will almost certainly be demerged in the next few years. The council members were NOT dismissed as a result of mismanagement, they had only been their roles for a couple of months when the administrator was appointed.

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » October 9, 2022, 3:30 am

Whistler, the Central Coast Councillors were suspended then terminated. Any which way you look at it they were sacked.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-17/ ... c_news_web

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » October 9, 2022, 8:18 am

What a crock of ----, geeze whistle you should do a bit more research before posting
So this council seems to think they own the Aus flag like a trademark logo

The confusion

Residents of the Central Coast Council, claimed the Council had placed a ban on all flying and display of the Australian flag on Council assets, even on Australia Day.

Claims and criticisms of the ban surfaced on Thursday, with 2GB’s Jim Wilson slamming the “disgraceful” move from Council in rant over a ruling that he said “really made his blood boil,” and left him “lost for words”.

In a statement made by the Central Coast Council, it has since confirmed the flag ban only applies to town centre street banners not all assets.

“It should be noted that the recommendation in the Policy’s report, does not ban the flying of flags on Council assets, but only relates to town centre street banners.

Following the confusion surrounding the decision, the Council will look to review and potentially update this banner and flag policy next week at the ordinary council meeting on October 11.

But there are suggestions the meeting may also be used to formalise the ban.(speculation)

https://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/ne ... ad6375d63f

Shouldn't these public employees be more interested inlooking after the public's money that have entrusted with

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 9, 2022, 8:32 am

Noos, who owns the Geelong advertiser? Guess? Yep, News limited.

Why repeat their BS?

You know absolutely zip about what the council discusses, if you think they do not keep an eye out for fiscal issues you are badly mistaken.

If you want to immerse your self in Central Coast politics, have a good review of what is happening with the Gosford waterfront and how the state and federal government treats Gosford residents with utter contempt while the liberal party rakes in huge donations from the same developers that they then sell public land to after rushing through rezoning.

Now that is an issue, not some beat up about a flag.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » October 9, 2022, 9:00 am

So why were they sacked ?
probably not good mangerment
why ban the flag banner or otherwise

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » October 9, 2022, 9:03 am

You immerse your self in all sorts of differing worlds news, politics
All I posted was about some over the top policing of flying the national flag
But because you fell off your high horse I am guessing this is a Labor orientated council

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » October 9, 2022, 10:09 am

How can a Council that doesn't exist be Labor orientated?

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » October 9, 2022, 10:15 am

Post by Whistler » October 9, 2022, 9:37 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote: ↑October 9, 2022, 9:15 am
Could you elaborate a bit? Which members are close minded? Which are the correct news sources?
Noos quoted a News Limited article yesterday about the Central Coast council. The story was utter BS, and I chipped him for taking any News Limited rag at face value.

I must have hurt his feelings, poor soul.

A bit of background. Leading up to election time, the liberal party always, always, always plants accusations with friendly News Limited hacks. There is a state election due in a few months and some state seats in this area are marginal. The council is dominated by independents and Labor representatives, some of whom are standing in the state elections.

Return to “World News”