A Shadow of Darkness From Australia.

World news discussion forum
trekkertony
udonmap.com

Re: A Shadow of Darkness From Australia.

Post by trekkertony » October 9, 2022, 10:29 am

Interesting that Whistler with his assertions that he has close contacts with the former councillors and they were not sacked, he doesn't dispute the left leaning ABC article that clearly states the council members were sacked. Perhaps Whistler's other assertions need to be fact checked or is it reasonable to assume the closeness to the source is not as close as he portends.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 9, 2022, 10:34 am

Read all the links Tony. If you wish to refute a single statement I have made, show your sources.

Where did I say they were not sacked?

Remember your track record ain't that flash, I seem to remember your faux outrage about Richard Marles being a CCP lover, facts since the election has proven this to be nonesense
Last edited by Whistler on October 9, 2022, 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » October 9, 2022, 10:44 am

The fine print of this council is there is a ban on Aussie flag banners and flying a flag unless on a flagpole
Wonder what dimensions are required to say it is a flagpole

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 9, 2022, 10:47 am

OMG, you never let go. Read the regs noosard, they are in line with state and federal.laws, not made up by the council

This whole issue is a beat up from News Limited
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » October 9, 2022, 5:33 pm

Australia has been dealt a brutal reality check ahead of the T20 World Cup, with arch-rivals England smacking a record-breaking total of 6/208 in the series opener at Perth Stadium.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » October 9, 2022, 7:06 pm

With the Australian first line bowlers being held back from the game. :roll:

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » October 10, 2022, 12:33 pm

Anthony Albanese has indicated he won’t back down on the contentious “stage 3” tax cuts by the May 2023 budget

Labor supported the Morrison government to legislate its three-tier tax relief package in 2019, with the party now split over whether it should break its election promise to keep the third tranche of cuts.

Good for the wealthy only

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 10, 2022, 3:35 pm

Not sure it is a shadow of darkness, maybe more on the horns of a dilemma. To avoid another Oz political thread

The Australia Institute has a poll out which offers the interesting finding that 41% favour the repeal of the stage three tax cuts, with only 22% on board and the remainder unsure.

Albo appears to have wriggle room to curtail the cuts which were announced pre covid, and supported by both major parties.

Albo's dilemma, honour a pre-election promise which is only a few months old, alternatively look at a serieus deficit budget that is now reflecting the current economic outlook.

Given the UK tax cut debacle it is a very difficult choice.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » October 12, 2022, 7:07 pm

jackspratt wrote:
October 9, 2022, 7:06 pm
No comment 😀

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » October 13, 2022, 2:28 pm

samster wrote:
October 12, 2022, 7:07 pm
jackspratt wrote:
October 9, 2022, 7:06 pm
No comment 😀
Think the poms give us another smacking with the 'front line' bowlers playing in Canberra. 20-20 is always a bit of a lottery. Guess anyone bar the kiwis can win the World Cup coming up in the next few weeks.
Watch Me!!

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » October 25, 2022, 7:52 am

First Nations women are being murdered at up to 12 times the national average. In some regions, their deaths make up some of the highest homicide rates in the world.
In parts of the Northern Territory, some of the most remote areas of the country, Aboriginal women have nowhere to run.
And alarming numbers of Aboriginal women – predominantly mothers – are being killed in domestic and family violence-related murders.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 25, 2022, 8:35 am

It is not an exclusively Australian issue at all. It is a worldwide issue. Why not post this as a shadow of darkness in New Zealand

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zeal ... eport.html

Ditto Canada
Ditto USA

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » October 25, 2022, 9:04 am

because it was an australian article about Australians

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 25, 2022, 9:13 am

Are you also going to post a NZ article about Kiwi's and a Canadian article about Canadians and a USA article on Americans, or are you confining your efforts to Aussie bashing?

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » October 25, 2022, 11:31 am

noosard wrote:
October 25, 2022, 7:52 am
First Nations women are being murdered at up to 12 times the national average. In some regions, their deaths make up some of the highest homicide rates in the world.
In parts of the Northern Territory, some of the most remote areas of the country, Aboriginal women have nowhere to run.
And alarming numbers of Aboriginal women – predominantly mothers – are being killed in domestic and family violence-related murders.
Seen if for myself up close and personal Noos in their community, the tribal bashings of women by men, its dreadful. I dont really know how it can be fixed, it should be.

I suppose we can keep talking about it, hoping someone with far greater insight than us can pick up and run with it.

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » October 31, 2022, 7:49 am

With the extreme left wing government of Victoria picking up the sponsorship for Aust. Netball, will the VG guarantee the venues be using only renewable energy or will the players demand that to meet their united climate change stance that they only play in venues solely using renewable energy, l expect them to adjust their high moral ground on this dilemma.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 31, 2022, 8:44 am

trekkertony wrote:
October 31, 2022, 7:49 am
With the extreme left wing government of Victoria picking up the sponsorship for Aust. Netball, will the VG guarantee the venues be using only renewable energy or will the players demand that to meet their united climate change stance that they only play in venues solely using renewable energy, l expect them to adjust their high moral ground on this dilemma.
Scanned Briebart news and The Epoch Times, the sponsorship was not even mentioned. What was the news source that caused you to choke on your cornflakes this morning?

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » November 28, 2022, 10:51 am

The redesign of the childrens playground is now complete so it’s not something half done,
Canterbury Bankstown City, if you were wondering.
3.jpg
they’re for creative play,

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » November 28, 2022, 11:03 am

Nice post

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » November 28, 2022, 12:42 pm

should be plural posts

Return to “World News”