Post by Khun Paul » June 14, 2021, 9:23 am

AlexO wrote:
June 13, 2021, 10:10 am
Khun Paul wrote:
June 13, 2021, 6:45 am
jackspratt wrote:
June 12, 2021, 10:44 pm
I agree Uncle.

If China is to be reeled back a few steps, it will require a calculated and united voice from those in attendance. Hopefully that won't include the boofhead Oz PM deciding he needs to get ahead of the pack.
One has to ask the question, does anyone think that a country with 1.5 billion Citizens really cares about what a loose broken collection of countries known as the EU with the UK and America and Canada really think or do .
Another classic KP
Just where would you think the Chinese export economy would be if the did not have access to the West and Australasia.
China's home economy is nowhere near enough to maintain its industrial base.

Agree 100%, but I still maintain the view that it is a two way thing and the larger market can dictate its terms , hence they do not care, because some-one somewhere will trade if not the EU and its so-called friends then S America or even Africa will do nicely . The West and Australia are not the only nations in the world are they !!!

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Re: President Biden is Ready to Stand Up to China

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 14, 2021, 9:28 am

No, they aren't. There's Thailand, Laos, New Zealand, Taiwan, did someone say Palestine, and a whole raft of them out there.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » June 14, 2021, 10:14 am

Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » June 14, 2021, 4:30 pm

For the Economists of the UM Forum \:D/ \:D/

China vs USA: At the end of 2006, China GDP was $2.8 trillion and the US GDP was $13.8 trillion. During the 26 years (1980-2006), China incremental GDP was $2.5 trillion, whereas the US incremental GDP was $11 trillion (As an Incremental GDP calculation example, subtract China GDP of $305 billion in 1980 from its GDP of $2.8 trillion in 2006 to get an incremental GDP of $2.5 trillion). So, the US had over 4-times more incremental GDP than China during the 26 years from 1980 to 2006.

By the end of 2020, IMF forecasts that China GDP will reach $15.5 trillion, whereas the US GDP will reach $22.3 trillion. This implies an incremental GDP of $12.7 trillion for China and an incremental GDP of $8.5 trillion for the US, during the 14 years from 2006 to 2020.

USA GDP was $ 20.93 Trillion in 2020
China’s GDP was $ 15.66 Trillion in 2020, roughly 75% of that of the USA

How quickly can China bridge the Gap? :-k The Forecast is around 2030 - 2031

Capture 1 - Gross Domestic Product Growth Rate Comparison of China vs USA.PNG

Capture 1 - Gross Domestic Product Growth Rate of China.PNG

Capture 2 - Population Comparison of China vs USA.PNG

Capture 3 - GDP Per Capita Comparison of China vs USA.PNG

Capture 4 - GDP PPP Comparison of China vs USA.PNG

Capture 5 - GDP PPP Per Capita Comparison of China vs USA.PNG

Capture 6 - Real GDP Growth Comparison of China vs USA.PNG

Capture 7 China vs USA GDP and GDP per Capita Growth Comparison.PNG

https://mgmresearch.com/china-vs-united ... omparison/

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » June 14, 2021, 7:54 pm

With five times the population of the US, I would expect China's economy to be much larger. When looking at GDP per capita, at purchasing power parity, China is ranked #79, below Thailand and Iraq. Hardly a powerhouse.

https://www.worldometers.info/gdp/gdp-per-capita/

The road ahead will get increasingly more difficult for China as the world continues to rescind its free-pass for being a historical dysfunctional misfit, and begins treating them like an adult at the table.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 15, 2021, 12:02 am

Raw statistics will never paint the whole picture. I am not being racist here, simply observing

In the 1960's Japan was accelerating at a pace that made all Western economies look weak and ready to be overtaken. In the 70's oil rich Middle Eastern nations went down the same path. In both era's Western nations saw buyouts of real estate and companies that rattled observers, then both waves petered out.

I suspect the same with China. Rapid expansion comes off an overheated elite that has money to burn in a developing economy, but this is a two strata economy where there is a lack of substance. Education is weak, there is not a vast pool of talent to manage cash rich investors. Splashing money is not the sole transition to economic power. It needs to have a sustainable organisational capability to achieve economic dominance.

Japan faltered due to its rigid traditions, it succeeded in technology, and industry, but it did not succeed in corporate dominance. The Arab nations had dough, but zero talent in being anything other than investors.

Same with China, they are poor managers of Western workforces. They can buy, but cannot manage, now push back by the G7 will show how they are just a bunch of LOMBARDS. They over estimated their capabilities. China is undoubtedly a growing world power but is now hitting some speed bumps that they will struggle with for long time. Arrogance without answers.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » June 15, 2021, 9:30 am

I am not being racist here, simply observing
Why do you feel it important to point out that you're not being racist?

Facts aren't racist.

Have you been beaten into submission to believe any statement anyone makes will likely be construed as racist?

Yes, that's probably the case.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 15, 2021, 10:21 am

I agree with Giggle and Whistler. The west needs to collectively hold China's feet to the fire on this. As we know, it's the minority CCP that steers their ship... or rather barges about ignoring the laws of the seas both literally and metaphorically. They need to behave like grown-ups but I don't see 'Captain' Xi Jinping having the remotest idea what that means.

China much prefers the divide and conquer doctrine. This is what has largely prevented getting the nations most affected by their claims to the South China Sea to develop a united front. It's only late last year that Duterte dropped a moratorium on oil and gas exploration in their legal offshore claims. This stalled any cohesive, unilateral approach to opposing China's claims while the PI chose to sit down and deal with the devil. This played right into China's hands and allowed them to build and eventually militarize those man-made islands.

Just noticed in wiki that Xi has TWICE been given the Keys to the City of Muscatine, Iowa. Somebody needs a slap.

Twice.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » June 15, 2021, 11:09 am

tamada wrote:
June 15, 2021, 10:21 am
I agree with Giggle and Whistler. The west needs to collectively hold China's feet to the fire on this. As we know, it's the minority CCP that steers their ship... or rather barges about ignoring the laws of the seas both literally and metaphorically. They need to behave like grown-ups but I don't see 'Captain' Xi Jinping having the remotest idea what that means.

China much prefers the divide and conquer doctrine. This is what has largely prevented getting the nations most affected by their claims to the South China Sea to develop a united front. It's only late last year that Duterte dropped a moratorium on oil and gas exploration in their legal offshore claims. This stalled any cohesive, unilateral approach to opposing China's claims while the PI chose to sit down and deal with the devil. This played right into China's hands and allowed them to build and eventually militarize those man-made islands.

Just noticed in wiki that Xi has TWICE been given the Keys to the City of Muscatine, Iowa. Somebody needs a slap.

Twice.
Never gonna happen , Never . Im amazed Biden can stand up on his own unaided . As for standing up to China , just a pipe dream im afraid .
He may well huff and puff , but thats about it . Spineless snowflakes the lot of them , and playing into Chinas hands and have done for decades .

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 15, 2021, 7:34 pm

Giggle wrote:
June 15, 2021, 9:30 am
I am not being racist here, simply observing
Why do you feel it important to point out that you're not being racist?

Facts aren't racist.

Have you been beaten into submission to believe any statement anyone makes will likely be construed as racist?

Yes, that's probably the case.
Why did select eight words only and not make any reference to the substance of the post?
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 15, 2021, 8:45 pm

saint wrote:
June 15, 2021, 11:09 am
tamada wrote:

Twice.
Never gonna happen , Never . Im amazed Biden can stand up on his own unaided . As for standing up to China , just a pipe dream im afraid .
He may well huff and puff , but thats about it . Spineless snowflakes the lot of them , and playing into Chinas hands and have done for decades .
I did say...
... The west needs to collectively hold China's feet to the fire on this. ...
I didn't say Joe Biden has to on his own.

Yes, America leads (at last) but the significance of a Biden's summits with NATO and the EU after the rather irrelevant G7 beach barbecue sends a message to Beijing. Then there's the meeting with Putin. Australia has had a big kick up the arse as they were very, very late to realize that having China as a best mate doesn't look good on the resume. It's time we had a bit of collective wagon circling of the leading democracies instead of the US isolationism of his predecessor.

We (still) live in interesting times.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » June 15, 2021, 9:28 pm

In a US leader, The EU needs a rag doll they can walk over and someone who will pitch the fantasy that the EU actually contributes to anything in a meaningful way. They need a simp like Biden who will let them share in the decision making, and then cower behind the chesterfield when something needs doing.

Trump, to his credit, didn't play that game and told the pretenders exactly what he expected of them.

The poor darlings didn't like that.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » June 15, 2021, 11:09 pm

Looks like the two (Biden and Putin) are about to have a meeting/one on one summit this coming Wednesday.(Geneva)

I wonder if they will let it be will televised.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/15/biden-p ... -know.html

pipoz4444

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » June 16, 2021, 7:10 am

tamada wrote:
June 15, 2021, 8:45 pm
saint wrote:
June 15, 2021, 11:09 am
tamada wrote:

Twice.
I did say...
... The west needs to collectively hold China's feet to the fire on this. ...
I didn't say Joe Biden has to on his own.

Yes, America leads (at last) but the significance of a Biden's summits with NATO and the EU after the rather irrelevant G7 beach barbecue sends a message to Beijing. Then there's the meeting with Putin. Australia has had a big kick up the arse as they were very, very late to realize that having China as a best mate doesn't look good on the resume. It's time we had a bit of collective wagon circling of the leading democracies instead of the US isolationism of his predecessor.

We (still) live in interesting times.
I understand sleepy Joes not trying to do it on his own , but come on the rest of the wests leaders do leave a lot to be desired . Snowflakes the lot of them .
Ironically the only one i see with any balls , Merkle , has no balls !!!!
The rest, no chance .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 16, 2021, 9:17 am

^ It's telling that Putin has broken over 18-months of self-imposed home quarantine to fly to Geneva for this meeting. I read that most visitors or those seeking an audience with him in Russia must do 14-day quarantine before they meet, regardless of their business or status.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » June 16, 2021, 12:03 pm

That's not fair Saint

Trudeau will come armed to the fight, with his feather duster (Not looking to offend too many Canadians)

I think it is a picture of JT on the right of the photo. \:D/ \:D/

If you are looking for a Lord Cardigan or Ronald, they ain't is this group of G 7's [-( [-(

pipoz4444
Attachments
Feather Duster.jpg
Feather Duster.jpg (40.04 KiB) Viewed 1030 times

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 17, 2021, 1:35 pm

Interesting to read various comments on here, not sure what is sustaining the more vigorous anti Biden camp apart from hanging on to a pre-determined bias. Biden may not be the most articulate communicator in the public arena, but as a long time stutterer as a kid, the congenital condition effecting his verbal abilities is no doubt playing a role. That does not mean all other cognitive abilities are similarly impaired.

Looking at what has happened in the 5 months of presiding over what must be the the most complex nation on earth, he hasn't made any blunders yet, so the picture painted of early stage dementia is not sustainable. Complex policies have been enacted, his approval rating is fairly steady, fluctuating by around 2% but always staying above 50%. He performed well enough at the G7 to have other world powers endorse his push to constrain China, he held his own in talks with Putin and the Covid vaccine rollout in the USA has been very successful.

The guy hasn't solved all of the USA's multiple problems in 5 months, but his administration is not a disorganised mess that we all observed with his predecessor.

There are many on here that claimed his Viceprez was pulling the strings and would takeover with him being confined to sitting in a corner rocking back and forth, back and forth. Didn't happen.

So what's the beef? His presidency has not been world shaking, but not too bad so far. All this with an extremely hostile Senate that is doing their damned best to thwart his agenda.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 17, 2021, 7:26 pm

papafarang wrote:
June 13, 2021, 11:22 pm
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
June 13, 2021, 11:07 pm
Thanks for the clarification, Comrade
You simply don't get it facist do you. I don't give a monkeys sweaty ball about your utra right views. Your a product of the system, plain ,mediocre following the narratives. Nothing special with nothing to say except what you read in tabloids just to repeats the junk you read.your not special ,just one of the many fools in the world
At one with the pastry chef

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 17, 2021, 8:10 pm

Whistler wrote:
June 17, 2021, 7:26 pm

At one with the pastry chef
To describe Uncle Tilo as a fascist is beyond silly.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » June 17, 2021, 8:53 pm

saint wrote:
June 16, 2021, 7:10 am

I understand sleepy Joes not trying to do it on his own , but come on the rest of the wests leaders do leave a lot to be desired . Snowflakes the lot of them .
Ironically the only one i see with any balls , Merkle , has no balls !!!!
The rest, no chance .
you are not alone in that view .

https://amgreatness.com/2021/06/15/no-l ... g7-summit/
No Leaders Attended the G7 Summit

https://thepalmierireport.com/intel-off ... in-charge/
Intel Officer: “No One Believes” Biden Is In Charge

https://thepalmierireport.com/cnn-admit ... his-aides/
CNN Admits That Biden Is Being Protected By His Aides
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

Return to “World News”