President Biden and global leadership

World news discussion forum
Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

President Biden and global leadership

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » August 2, 2021, 9:14 pm

Is it true, as this article argues, that President Biden is appealing to the Democratic faithful by abandoning global leadership to the delight of Russia and China?

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/con-co ... ithdrawals

You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: President Biden and global leadership

Post by jackspratt » August 2, 2021, 9:24 pm

I cbf reading the article, Uncle ........ but he certainly has a lot of work in front of him given the previous waste of space.

But if it is talking about the middle east, he is obviously following my plan - put a ring fence around them, and let them sort themselves out.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » August 2, 2021, 9:35 pm

No-one has been able to sort out the middle east. Even Jesus Christ failed and was crucified for his efforts.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » August 2, 2021, 9:53 pm

You had best start to read teh Bible regarding why Jesus was crucified
And this is not the venue to discuss such a readon

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » August 2, 2021, 10:00 pm

Doodoo wrote:
August 2, 2021, 9:53 pm
You had best start to read teh Bible regarding why Jesus was crucified
And this is not the venue to discuss such a readon
Your statement is incomprehensible.

Hope this helps.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » August 2, 2021, 10:07 pm

You are one to lead conversations off the subject To have a great conversation people must agree to what is to be talked about . Look at the title of this thread
President Biden NOT Jesus
Global Leadership nothing about crusifiy anyone

Therefore your statement is INCOMPREHENSIBLE

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » August 2, 2021, 10:22 pm

Have a cup of warm cocoa and you will feel better.

Hope this helps.

Earnest
udonmap.com

An interesting article

Post by Earnest » August 6, 2021, 8:07 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
August 2, 2021, 9:14 pm
Is it true, as this article argues, that President Biden is appealing to the Democratic faithful by abandoning global leadership to the delight of Russia and China?

Yes, an interesting article, Uncle T. I saw a related piece on Twatter last night with respect to Chinese Communist interest in the Afghan plight. I'll let you watch it while I sip my cocoa.

https://twitter.com/SCMPNews/status/1423297750943232004
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Re: An interesting article

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » August 27, 2021, 10:26 pm

Earnest wrote:
August 6, 2021, 8:07 pm
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
August 2, 2021, 9:14 pm

Yes, an interesting article, Uncle T. I saw a related piece on Twatter last night with respect to Chinese Communist interest in the Afghan plight. I'll let you watch it while I sip my cocoa.

https://twitter.com/SCMPNews/status/1423297750943232004
I trust you are enjoying your cocoa. I'm still getting through the article. I trust nothing new has happened in Afghanistan in the interim.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 29, 2021, 4:38 pm

To the cocoa sippers, turps drinkers and glue sniffers out there (you know who you are), the concept of global leadership is dead and has been about a dozen years or more. Today's Presidents, Prime Ministers and Generals, both elected and otherwise, are all obsessed with building their empires at home, putting up barriers to trade and immigration, slapping tariffs on stuff their consumers want and evicting the ethnically dissimilar. Globalism and the personal freedoms it engenders are suffocated by illiberal and acquisitive nationalism.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » August 29, 2021, 7:08 pm

There could be a sea change coming on . countries are realising the america first doctrine is exactly as stated. An article I read today pointed out the spat between China and Australia encouraged by the US has had a curious outcome. As exports have dwindled from Australia to China, their friends the US exports of beef, barley and coal are soaring. Great plan ,get your allies to shoot themselves in the foot. What on earth did the Australian government think they were doing. So I do think countries will start looking inwards , lots more what is best for us and our country. Good or bad I don't know. But the global leadership concept will bite the dust. A great example is Taiwan, it gets protection because its vital to america because of its technology in chip making ,but now all players are developing their own realising its the safe thing to do. When that day comes I expect Taiwan to get dropped like a hot rock.
Henry Kissinger ' America has no permanent friends or enemies ,only interests ' all of s sudden the Taliban will be our friend because its in our interest ,better to get the Taliban to fight Isis rather than us having to do it.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » August 29, 2021, 7:30 pm

See, Trump was right. And so too, for that matter, was Donald Rumsfeld. Two great Americans. Stupid Euromorons will finally get it some day.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » August 29, 2021, 11:19 pm

papafarang wrote:
August 29, 2021, 7:08 pm
countries are realising the america first doctrine is exactly as stated.
I am sure you will find that all countries around the globe put themselves first. For other countries not to realise the USA puts itself, and its interests, first would be silly, and possibly dangerous.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » August 30, 2021, 3:47 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
August 29, 2021, 11:19 pm
papafarang wrote:
I am sure you will find that all countries around the globe put themselves first. For other countries not to realise the USA puts itself, and its interests, first would be silly, and possibly dangerous.
Tell that to the British leadership ,or even the Canadian .what did Canada think was going to happen when america got Canada to arrest ' the princess of Huawei '. Arresting her was real helpful . Again getting an Ally too shoot itself in the foot for Americas benefit. The Canadians now imprisoned in China are blowback , they got arrested pretty quick like. so obviously they were on the Chinese radar ,but the Chinese are pragmatic and realised arresting a couple of Canadians was not going to be helpful ,but hey if Canada wants to play then the Chinese will play too.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » August 30, 2021, 4:15 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
You are correct.
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » August 30, 2021, 4:18 am

Declan MacPherson wrote:
August 30, 2021, 4:15 am
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
You are correct.
No he's not.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 30, 2021, 11:20 am

papafarang wrote:
August 30, 2021, 3:47 am
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
papafarang wrote:
Tell that to the British leadership ,or even the Canadian .what did Canada think was going to happen when america got Canada to arrest ' the princess of Huawei '. Arresting her was real helpful . Again getting an Ally too shoot itself in the foot for Americas benefit. The Canadians now imprisoned in China are blowback , they got arrested pretty quick like. so obviously they were on the Chinese radar ,but the Chinese are pragmatic and realised arresting a couple of Canadians was not going to be helpful ,but hey if Canada wants to play then the Chinese will play too.
Whilst a final judgement regarding Ms Meng's extradition, still appears to be a few months away, several recent questions from the Canadian Associate Chief Justice, Heather Holmes, to the presenting Lawyers, where she questions the validity of several parts of the case arguments from the Canadian Lawyers, would tend to suggest that Ms Meng, may be found "Not to have a case to answer".

Whilst Chief Justice Heather Holmes, will be the one who issues the order/ruling, on whether or not to extradite Ms Meng, apparently the final decision still rests with the Canadian Justice Minister David Lametti. I suppose this is where it could get messy.

Or it may be that if the US DOJ do not like the order/ruling, they will appeal it, through their Canadian Lawyers. In which case it drags on for another few years. Using the appeal system, in this instance, to drag it on, if with no apparent case, shouldn't be allowed. It's just "Not Cricket". [-( [-(

Regardless of the outcome, it raises the question why has the Canadian Legal system has taken some 2 ½ years, to get to this point in a Committal Hearing. It seems to be an extraordinary length of time, to get to the point of issuing an Order/Ruling. :-k

pipoz4444
Last edited by pipoz4444 on August 30, 2021, 11:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » August 30, 2021, 11:25 am

papafarang wrote:
August 30, 2021, 4:18 am
Declan MacPherson wrote:
August 30, 2021, 4:15 am
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
You are correct.
No he's not.
Yes, he is.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » August 31, 2021, 3:29 am

Canada, as with many other countries, know it is in their best interests to follow the U.S. lead. Economically and politically it is in our best interest to do so. Khun papafarang, why would you think it would be in Canada's best interests to follow another country such as say China? That makes no sense at all. You may be an anarchist, although that is debatable, but you surely are politically naive.

Here's a big opportunity for you. Provide the name of one country that does not put its own interests first. The Special Administrative Region of Hong Kong does not count.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » August 31, 2021, 4:42 am

Laala
Canada does not follow the US lead

This was seen in 2001 when Bush said "'You Are Either With Us, Or With the Terrorists'" andCanada's PM said It was a very important decision, no doubt about it. It was, in fact, the first time ever that there was a war that the Brits and the Americans were involved and Canada was not there,” Chretien said

An incident re the war in Vietnam As the war escalated, relations between Canada and the United States deteriorated. On April 2, 1965, Pearson gave a speech at Temple University in the United States which, in the context of firm support for U.S. policy, called for a pause in the bombing of North Vietnam. In a perhaps apocryphal story, when a furious President Lyndon B. Johnson met with Pearson the next day, he grabbed the much smaller Canadian by his lapels and talked angrily with him for an hour. After this incident, the two men somehow found ways to resolve their differences over the war—in fact, they both had further contacts, including meeting together in Canada two times afterward.[7]

Return to “World News”