War with China

World news discussion forum
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: War with China

Post by tamada » November 22, 2021, 9:43 am

FrazeeDK wrote:
November 21, 2021, 7:36 pm
... The problem is that while the Chinese military is modernizing it doesn't yet have the ability to project power globally. The US has been doing that since World War 2 leaving the Chinese at least 10-15 more years to catch up.

... A pogrom against Chinese citizens will test China's ability to globally deploy forces to stabilize the situation and evacuate their nationals.
If the US has been doing such a stellar job of "global power projection" for the past 70 years, how come the chokies are only 10-15 years behind?

As a global traveler in some of the more remote areas of the planet, I can assure you that the Chinese are everywhere already.
Last edited by tamada on November 22, 2021, 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 22, 2021, 10:07 am

War with China would be for me a total disaster .. being as my missus n her family are Chinese Thai i would have to start checking my meals and brake lines on the truck on a daily basis .. let alone toilet booby traps and and multiple heavy object head trauma whilst im sleeping.. moving to a safe location (Pattaya) until hostilities are over may be the only solution.

Alas im thinking war with China wont happen in our lifetime but a distinct possibly for future generations.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 23, 2021, 7:14 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 22, 2021, 10:07 am
War with China would be for me a total disaster .. being as my missus n her family are Chinese Thai i would have to start checking my meals and brake lines on the truck on a daily basis .. let alone toilet booby traps and and multiple heavy object head trauma whilst im sleeping.. moving to a safe location (Pattaya) until hostilities are over may be the only solution.

Alas im thinking war with China wont happen in our lifetime but a distinct possibly for future generations.

DM
Suffering delusions again, you are not , trust me that important to the Chinese to be singled out for eradication .

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » November 23, 2021, 8:22 am

Declan MacPherson wrote:
November 22, 2021, 8:48 am
jai yen yen wrote:
November 22, 2021, 5:49 am
We rebuild our factories, put tariffs on Chinese made goods. Everyone needs to do this and it would take a awhile along with some financial hardship but the world would be way better off without China being a super power and having to rely on them. You can think what you want but China is a problem that will continue to grow like a cancer, better to cut it out. I don't know how old you are but if you live long enough you will see what I mean.
Absolutely correct.
and another dream , we don't have the money to build factories, we don't have the workers. and you think the banks and financiers are going to miss out on the worlds largest markets. can you see australia giving up selling to the chinese because there's plenty of countries waiting in the wings. is everyone ready to pay 3x the price for their next TV or laptop or phone. china already has plans to move away from low wage export markets. some don't seem to understand the BRI isnt a single line highway to export, it works the other way too. like the headline about companies leaving china, well their not .its simply the same capitalist doctrine of building factories world wide. chinese companies are simply expanding production overseas. if anyone will rebuild our factories it will be the chinese doing it. the chinese are already building factories in the US, employing american workers , selling to american consumers and making profits for chinese companies. the world is run by capitalist investors who are there just to make money. do you think they sit there dreamily thinking of "the good old days" ? . nope their thinking profits, bottom line, and share dividends and share price. people need to get out of their fantasy world and realise this is really how the world works.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » November 23, 2021, 8:30 am

papafarang wrote:
November 23, 2021, 8:22 am
we don't have the money to build factories, we don't have the workers.
Wrong again.
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 23, 2021, 8:38 am

No Papa That should read "We dont have the workers in the USA that WANT to work"
THe Chinese, DO, while the Americans, well watch Swamp People, Jerry Springer, The Kardashians etc

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 23, 2021, 8:44 am

In the USA and UK it appears life is way too cushty on benefits and all the associated handouts so who wants or needs to work ?? hence forth worker shortages so migrant workers required to fill these positions .....different work ethic in China and other places...and no totts TV and daytime bilge so many seem to get addicted too.

NO WAR ..WAR IS BAD !!

DM

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » November 23, 2021, 8:52 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 23, 2021, 8:44 am
In the USA and UK it appears life is way too cushty on benefits and all the associated handouts so who wants or needs to work ?? hence forth worker shortages so migrant workers required to fill these positions .....different work ethic in China and other places...and no totts TV and daytime bilge so many seem to get addicted too.

NO WAR ..WAR IS BAD !!

DM
China has the same kind of soaps that people in the West and Thailand follow. They may not be on the same footing as Cornation Street, but they are popular.

When did you transform into an 'War is Bad' hippie? You better cut out that hippie jive if you hang around the Iron for any length of time. They will eat you alive.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 23, 2021, 9:02 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
November 23, 2021, 8:52 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 23, 2021, 8:44 am

NO WAR ..WAR IS BAD !!

DM
China has the same kind of soaps that people in the West and Thailand follow. They may not be on the same footing as Cornation Street, but they are popular.

When did you transform into an 'War is Bad' hippie? You better cut out that hippie jive if you hang around the Iron for any length of time. They will eat you alive.
I cant imagine what aChinese soap opera would be like ..crikey .. worse than Thai maybe.

BTW.......I watched Forrest Gump last night .. totally converted me from a Bombem to a MAKE LOVE NOT WAR guy .. i cried when Jenneee died and still wondering how little Forest will get on.

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 23, 2021, 9:15 am

Declan MacPherson wrote:
November 23, 2021, 8:30 am
papafarang wrote:
we don't have the money to build factories, we don't have the workers.
Wrong again.
That's right. Donald Trump was building all sorts of monoliths with imported Chinese steel.

MAGA!
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » November 23, 2021, 9:18 am

papafarang wrote:
Declan MacPherson wrote:
jai yen yen wrote:
We rebuild our factories, put tariffs on Chinese made goods. Everyone needs to do this and it would take a awhile along with some financial hardship but the world would be way better off without China being a super power and having to rely on them. You can think what you want but China is a problem that will continue to grow like a cancer, better to cut it out. I don't know how old you are but if you live long enough you will see what I mean.
Absolutely correct.
and another dream , we don't have the money to build factories, we don't have the workers. and you think the banks and financiers are going to miss out on the worlds largest markets. can you see australia giving up selling to the chinese because there's plenty of countries waiting in the wings. is everyone ready to pay 3x the price for their next TV or laptop or phone. china already has plans to move away from low wage export markets. some don't seem to understand the BRI isnt a single line highway to export, it works the other way too. like the headline about companies leaving china, well their not .its simply the same capitalist doctrine of building factories world wide. chinese companies are simply expanding production overseas. if anyone will rebuild our factories it will be the chinese doing it. the chinese are already building factories in the US, employing american workers , selling to american consumers and making profits for chinese companies. the world is run by capitalist investors who are there just to make money. do you think they sit there dreamily thinking of "the good old days" ? . nope their thinking profits, bottom line, and share dividends and share price. people need to get out of their fantasy world and realise this is really how the world works.
We don't need the Chinese and we sure should not be allowing our corporations to move shop to third world countries to exploit the poor and send goods back to the west for inflated profits. You will eventually lose your standard of living because you can not compete with third world countries labor. Trump actually had it right by imposing tariffs on corporations that were playing the game and especially on China. A change would not be easy but in time we would be so much better off. One small example is where I live forest companies were not allowed to export whole logs, they had to be milled here in B.C.than the lumber could be sold to China and whoever wanted it. We had a thriving industry with sawmills and associated industries because of this. These were good paying jobs where workers could support their families and the local economy. Eventually the forest companies got permission to export whole logs. Now the sawmills are gone along with many other jobs and young people are working in Mcdonalds and Starbucks for minimum wage and the local economy loses out as well. This is just one example of corporate greed and government stupidity , there are many more I am sad to say. These young people have no hope of buying a house or raising a family with these low paying jobs. Dealing with China is dealing with the devil and eventually there will be a big price to pay, much better if the world woke up and got away from them now.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » November 23, 2021, 9:21 am

jai yen yen wrote:
November 23, 2021, 9:18 am
We don't need the Chinese and we sure should not be allowing our corporations to move shop to third world countries to exploit the poor and send goods back to the west for inflated profits. You will eventually lose your standard of living because you can not compete with third world countries labor. Trump actually had it right by imposing tariffs on corporations that were playing the game and especially on China. A change would not be easy but in time we would be so much better off. One small example is where I live forest companies were not allowed to export whole logs, they had to be milled here in B.C.than the lumber could be sold to China and whoever wanted it. We had a thriving industry with sawmills and associated industries because of this. These were good paying jobs where workers could support their families and the local economy. Eventually the forest companies got permission to export whole logs. Now the sawmills are gone along with many other jobs and young people are working in Mcdonalds and Starbucks for minimum wage and the local economy loses out as well. This is just one example of corporate greed and government stupidity , there are many more I am sad to say. These young people have no hope of buying a house or raising a family with these low paying jobs. Dealing with China is dealing with the devil and eventually there will be a big price to pay, much better if the world woke up and got away from them now.
You are telling it. Correct!
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 23, 2021, 9:25 am

That’s funny you would bring up Trump, given the fact that he placed tariffs on everything BUT the type of his and Ivanka’s products. In fact, Ivanka was still applying for pattens in China for her businesses over there while her father was in office. Go figure.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 23, 2021, 9:44 am

I find it a bit confusing (well not really) when our forum conservatives are all for capitalism and free private enterprise - except when it comes to industry protection in their own country(s).

In that case, the State apparently should be able to tell these private businesses how and where they can operate - under threat of state controls and/or tariffs or other non-tariff barriers.

As I said, all a bit "confusing". :-k

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » November 23, 2021, 10:23 am

jai yen yen wrote:
November 23, 2021, 9:18 am
papafarang wrote:
Declan MacPherson wrote:
jai yen yen wrote:
Absolutely correct.
well i need the chinese ,for my laptop, for my tab, for my phone. it's suprising so many people against capitalism . Mcdonalds, starbucks ? are you blaming china ,because as far as i know the chinese are not responsible for those sh8te jobs. plenty of slave wage jobs in america, people relying on tips for a living. we call that begging. As for tariffs its the consumer that pays more and the american government get more cash out of the public. the government is a corporation . Any jobs returning to america will be low quality, low pay, it's called competition. do you think america would be exporting when their goods are 3x the price of the chinese products. Dream on .just name one product america makes that can compete on price with its chinese equivalent . if you dont want chinese products up to you, but bare in mind your a minuscule group that will not effect the chinese, unless you ban walmart . getting your pants pulled down by your own government and american shareholders, but blame the chinese. :lol:
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » November 23, 2021, 10:39 am

You only need look at what is happening in Australia and New Zealand and the UK to understand that they have switched places with the French when it comes to capitulation.

So much easier to quit than to fight for economic independence from the CCP.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » November 23, 2021, 10:58 am

jackspratt wrote:
November 23, 2021, 9:44 am
I find it a bit confusing (well not really) when our forum conservatives are all for capitalism and free private enterprise - except when it comes to industry protection in their own country(s).

In that case, the State apparently should be able to tell these private businesses how and where they can operate - under threat of state controls and/or tariffs or other non-tariff barriers.

As I said, all a bit "confusing". :-k
Are you describing COMMUNISM :lol: ,schizophrenia running riot among the RWNJ's. politicians have one job, persuade the public that this group of people want to take something from another group. democrats want to take something from republicans, republicans want to take something from democrats, mexicans and canadians want to take american jobs, chinese want top take the world, aliens, zombie apocalypse. any distraction they can think of so you don't have the finger pointed at them. if your country is not doing well then blame someone else.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » November 23, 2021, 11:01 am

Declan MacPherson wrote:
November 23, 2021, 10:39 am
You only need look at what is happening in Australia and New Zealand and the UK to understand that they have switched places with the French when it comes to capitulation.

So much easier to quit than to fight for economic independence from the CCP.
what you think its some fight with the chinese. right that's why you put tariffs on canada and mexico.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 23, 2021, 11:11 am

The Rhetoric and outlandish claims made by many on here, may well have a small percentage of truth , but in all honesty it is all just guesswork and not even educated at that, although one can look at Chinese expansionism coupled with Russian sabre rattling as a foretaste of what could happen, in truth not ONE of us will probably be alive to even worry about it .
Sitting on both those countries respective doorsteps is another country with over 1.3 billion citizens, who just so happen to also be armed with Nuclear weaponry, and their dislike of either or both is documented.

So lets leave the possibilities aside and concentrate on the here and now , which in the latter years of my life is so much more important , and if the provebial hits the fan well I have had a good run as they say as have most of us....lol

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » November 24, 2021, 1:25 am

Khun Paul wrote:
November 23, 2021, 11:11 am
The Rhetoric and outlandish claims made by many on here, may well have a small percentage of truth , but in all honesty it is all just guesswork and not even educated at that, although one can look at Chinese expansionism coupled with Russian sabre rattling as a foretaste of what could happen, in truth not ONE of us will probably be alive to even worry about it .
Sitting on both those countries respective doorsteps is another country with over 1.3 billion citizens, who just so happen to also be armed with Nuclear weaponry, and their dislike of either or both is documented.

So lets leave the possibilities aside and concentrate on the here and now , which in the latter years of my life is so much more important , and if the provebial hits the fan well I have had a good run as they say as have most of us....lol
Very true and believe me I am not naive enough to think anything will change. We will continue to spiral down a deep dark hole with our greed, thirst for power, destruction of the planet with pollution and stupidity, and man made disease's leaked from labs, thank you again China. I have doubts about the long term survival of humanity but I am grateful I was born in the fifties and lived my life during the last 70 years as most of us on this forum have. I intend to enjoy the time I have left to the max and I do every day, so should we all. Tonight is prime rib steak, chocolate cake and a few ice cold beers.

Return to “World News”