Ukraine

World news discussion forum
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Ukraine

Post by stattointhailand » January 19, 2022, 1:32 pm

The Indian Hockey team have played against Thailand twice, losing on both occasions Goals for 0 Goals against 43 (Thailand are 51st in the current world rankings and India Unranked) for info GB are ranked 16th and Ukraine 24th

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » January 19, 2022, 2:03 pm

I redact my previous statement. It would appear that India are infact rubbish.

I'm sure they did well in an Olympics back in the 1980's. Was the last time I watched any hockey.

We played at school but I had a habit of breaking the sticks and was not a good runner due to my lardy frame (puppy fat I tell ya). Hence I stuck to cricket instead.

Keeping back on topic, good to see Ukraine have a team. I'm told the women are quite hot as well, no doubt due to the potato and cabbage diet. Nice firm titties I'd bet.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 19, 2022, 2:24 pm

Havn't got a clue how good they are at field hockey, but seem to remember Pakistan being one of the better teams so India are probably quite good as well.

When we were there (2002?) the totty seemed a bit slavic looking (Blue eyes with Blond hair, but in many cases short Blond hair) gave the impression that some looked ultra sexy, but others tended to look a bit hard, almost butch. They sure as hell can down copious amounts of vodka though ........I get a hangover just thinking about it ](*,) #-o :-$

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 19, 2022, 11:42 pm

Something for the Russian troops to look forward to then. Although, you may want to leave the Gents most rickytick if Butch appears at the urinal looking a bit hard.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » January 20, 2022, 5:36 am

The Ukraine should join N.A.T.O. before it's too late. Russia would respect such a bold decision and cease and desist their activities on the Ukraine border. However, one wonders if all N.A.T.O. members would support such a move by the Ukraine.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 20, 2022, 5:50 am

Putin could send the troops in before the ink had dried on NATO's new members agreement with Ukraine.

Or he could turn off Europe's gas....and send the troops in anyway.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » January 20, 2022, 5:51 am

"Ukraine will become NATO member when three capitals change their views, Foreign Minister says:
Joining NATO is already in progress

"NATO Won’t Let Ukraine Join Soon. Here’s Why." https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/13/us/p ... raine.html

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » January 20, 2022, 6:19 am

the simple problem is NATO couldn't let any country in that is already in a conflict, what NATO steaming in and putting large amounts of troop on the ground to kill Russian separatists in the east of ukraine ? NATO intervening in a civil war . that would be WW3.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » January 20, 2022, 9:36 am

papafarang wrote:
January 20, 2022, 6:19 am
the simple problem is NATO couldn't let any country in that is already in a conflict, what NATO steaming in and putting large amounts of troop on the ground to kill Russian separatists in the east of ukraine ? NATO intervening in a civil war . that would be WW3.
True, but also any NATO troops would be more interested in killing some of the hundred thousand or so Russian troops massed on the border than in killing the Russian separatists. No-one wants to give the Russians an excuse to cross the border. The Nazis, I think used to have that excuse handy to enter countries. Russia intervening in a civil war could also spark the Third World War.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » January 20, 2022, 12:04 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
January 20, 2022, 9:36 am
papafarang wrote:
True, but also any NATO troops would be more interested in killing some of the hundred thousand or so Russian troops massed on the border than in killing the Russian separatists. No-one wants to give the Russians an excuse to cross the border. The Nazis, I think used to have that excuse handy to enter countries. Russia intervening in a civil war could also spark the Third World War.
the russians could also declare a DMZ in ukraine , simply say any military equipment within 50 miles of their border will be "eliminated" , they won't even have to step foot in the Ukraine. they can simply bombard everything using kamikaze drones. A truly nasty invention , flying minefield that will automatically go after you. easily massed produced and cheap. Plus already proved in libyia ,syria . Armenia /Azerbaijan conflict is proof, Armenia used tanks/artillery and normal air defense, Azerbaijan on the other hand used drones and wiped out Armenia forces in a couple of weeks.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 20, 2022, 12:35 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
January 20, 2022, 9:36 am
papafarang wrote:
Surely historical events and numbers reflect its been easier and more fun for NATO to take on and kill muzzies n ragheads .. im guessing they wont have as much verve taking on the Ruskies... and will stay well clear and keep their noses out as should others.

what the world needs now is love sweet love
make love not war

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » January 20, 2022, 4:36 pm

we are going to sanction them though, like that's ever worked. wouldn't it be terrible if the gas line going through ukraine got damaged .how on earth would we get gas from russia ?

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » January 21, 2022, 5:29 am

Not looking good. I read Biden had a recent stumble on Ukraine. He doesn't do enough press conferences.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 21, 2022, 5:33 am

GT93 wrote:
January 21, 2022, 5:29 am
Not looking good. I read Biden had a recent stumble on Ukraine. He doesn't do enough press conferences.
That should be mumble GT .. a speech threatening Putin if he invades UKR...the normal rhetoric.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 21, 2022, 12:07 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
January 21, 2022, 5:33 am
GT93 wrote:
January 21, 2022, 5:29 am
That should be mumble GT .. a speech threatening Putin if he invades UKR...the normal rhetoric.

DM
More like an almost two hour monologue that introduced the alarming notion that a "minor" Russian incursion may not warrant a response from NATO? This followed by several statements of 'damage control' by WH staffers and his Press Secy.

Needs stronger meds IMHO.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » January 21, 2022, 1:02 pm

papafarang wrote:
January 18, 2022, 8:19 am
considering the tech, satellites and sheer fire power russia has i can see a shock and awe start to it. i can't see the russians setting foot in ukraine until Ukraines military are non existant. just look at syria , we faffed about for a couple of years with isis , Russians turn up and obliterate them in weeks . Russians don't muck about. lets hope western leaders keep this in mind. put it this way i would not like to be a Ukrainian tank driver or be sitting in a fixed artillery position if it kicks off. All not good really .
The US is too careful to fight terrorists. The terrorists had those huge convoys on the road. The US let them go because they had too many civilian drivers. The first thing the Russians did was to totally destroy those convoys. Russia also had problems with their officials being kidnapped and murdered. That didn't last long because when the Russians identified terrorists they killed the families of terrorists. Fighting terror with terror is very effective. They also protect their shipping effectively from pirates. The pirate boats are blown out of the water and they don't rescue pirate survivors.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 21, 2022, 1:12 pm

papafarang wrote:
January 20, 2022, 4:36 pm
we are going to sanction them though, like that's ever worked. wouldn't it be terrible if the gas line going through ukraine got damaged .how on earth would we get gas from russia ?
Merkel has left the German political stage and Putin will be taking advantage of the new untested and inexperienced coalition. I doubt German Foreign Minister Annalena Baerbock, co-leader of the Alliance 90/Green Party envisaged her first crisis to involve defusing a border crisis while keeping that awful natural gas flowing.

https://www.politico.eu/article/olaf-sc ... k-ukraine/

Before the current gas crisis, it was arguable that Putin probably needed Nord Stream 2 more than Europe did. Then Europe's lamentable lack of gas storage and tenuous supply chains became more obvious. It also showed the UK government's lack of due diligence on vetting all these minnow gas companies offering dirt-cheap gas prices that set up overnight, probably operating out of spare bedrooms during the Covid crisis. The British consumer ultimately hung out to dry by unchecked Tory deregulation.

Claims of low supplies via the existing pipelines are said to be because Putin is frustrated at delays on full and final Nord Stream 2 approval. The pipeline is complete BTW, just needs certification which the Germans, after pressure from some 'western leaders' have already kicked down the road about six months.

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/na ... lem-495280

Looks like another case of when the US scheiße the bed, the world has to Schlaf in it. In this instance, Europe will be left shivering as well as gefickt. Especially since the existing gas pipelines run through both Ukraine and Belarus.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » January 21, 2022, 1:15 pm

Glat
You said "The US is too careful to fight terrorists"
Give me a minute while I pick myself up off of of the floor from laughter
Where have you been hiding the past 65 years???
Every major conflict the US has been in has involved Terrorists and by the way the US has lost

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » January 21, 2022, 2:07 pm

i don't think the US was careful at all, 100,000's of civilians died in iraq and afghanistan. even as they left Afghanistan the murdered 7 babies, if anything they would be called trigger happy. in any war the guys with guns are heroes, civilians are just statistics. the Normandy invasion just short of 9000 alied troops died, but 15000 french civilians died

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 21, 2022, 2:18 pm

papafarang wrote:
January 21, 2022, 2:07 pm
i don't think the US was careful at all, 100,000's of civilians died in iraq and afghanistan. even as they left Afghanistan the murdered 7 babies, if anything they would be called trigger happy. in any war the guys with guns are heroes, civilians are just statistics. the Normandy invasion just short of 9000 alied troops died, but 15000 french civilians died
Doodoo did cherry pick his dates so WWII (and Korea) weren't counter-terrorist wars.

(but we knew this already)
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “World News”