Ukraine

World news discussion forum
Doodoo
udonmap.com

Re: Ukraine

Post by Doodoo » January 21, 2022, 3:17 pm

I am always amazed when people can look into others minds and tell them what they are thinking, what they are going to say. Absolutely amazed

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 22, 2022, 12:12 am

I don't think Ukraine will be a rollover for the Russians like Crimea was.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » January 22, 2022, 9:36 am

The number of Personnel , armourment etc has teh Russians out doing the Ukranians by far

Personnel Ukraine 255.000 Russia 1,014,000
Tanks 2430 130,000
Fighter jets 67 1531

and so on

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 22, 2022, 1:54 pm

Doodoo wrote:
January 22, 2022, 9:36 am
The number of Personnel , armourment etc has teh Russians out doing the Ukranians by far

Personnel Ukraine 255.000 Russia 1,014,000
Tanks 2430 130,000
Fighter jets 67 1531

and so on
That's more than enough to annex just the Donbas region. Way, way more than enough.

I wonder why so many?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 23, 2022, 9:01 am

The UK foreign office makes an accusation against Russia while the new German government continues to dissemble on the escalating crisis.

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukrai ... 11999822f4
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » January 23, 2022, 9:43 am

tamada wrote:
January 23, 2022, 9:01 am
The UK foreign office makes an accusation against Russia while the new German government continues to dissemble on the escalating crisis.

"intelligence assessment, without providing evidence to back it up." not that old chestnut again
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 23, 2022, 9:47 am

papafarang wrote:
January 23, 2022, 9:43 am
tamada wrote:

"intelligence assessment, without providing evidence to back it up." not that old chestnut again
C'mon papa. Which nation EVER discloses their intelligence sources? It's all cloak and dagger and subterfuge. I was recently asked on why UFES came about? To find out what was actually in your bloody freezers. That's why.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » January 23, 2022, 10:11 am

tamada wrote:
January 23, 2022, 9:47 am
papafarang wrote:
tamada wrote:

C'mon papa. Which nation EVER discloses their intelligence sources? It's all cloak and dagger and subterfuge. I was recently asked on why UFES came about? To find out what was actually in your bloody freezers. That's why.
intelligence sources :lol: ,if intelligence why don't they give us a date. surely if they know anything it would be the start date at least, then the ruskies would know the game is up. just saying ruskies are going to invade without even the slightest proof being shown is pathetic. At least Tony "baby killer" blair just made it up. in ten years from now when the next enquiry into the ukraine war finds out the americans told the british they had "evidence " but for security reasons didn't tell the brits, and the brit's told the americans that they have "evidence" but for security we couldn't show them it it will turn out a war started because of the echo chamber. Humans are far from being intelligent.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » January 23, 2022, 10:15 am

here we go , they can't even get anything right. as we used to say . Army intelligence.. an oxymoron

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/co ... d=msedgntp

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 23, 2022, 11:48 am

papafarang wrote:
January 23, 2022, 10:11 am
tamada wrote:
January 23, 2022, 9:47 am
papafarang wrote:
tamada wrote:

intelligence sources :lol: ,if intelligence why don't they give us a date. surely if they know anything it would be the start date at least, then the ruskies would know the game is up. just saying ruskies are going to invade without even the slightest proof being shown is pathetic. At least Tony "baby killer" blair just made it up. in ten years from now when the next enquiry into the ukraine war finds out the americans told the british they had "evidence " but for security reasons didn't tell the brits, and the brit's told the americans that they have "evidence" but for security we couldn't show them it it will turn out a war started because of the echo chamber. Humans are far from being intelligent.
I don't need intelligence sources to tell me it already started back in 2014 when the anti-EU and pro-Kremlin Ukraine President Yanukovych was ousted. Within 12 days, the Russians had invaded Crimea.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » January 23, 2022, 4:16 pm

so if ol' Vadimir does a lightning strike and bites off some small pieces of the Ukraine what's the West going to do? Over in 24 hours with Vlad saying, "OK, that's it, I promise nothing more will happen.." Hmmmmm. heard that before right? 1939?? Wasn't it "Peace in our Time??"
Dave

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 24, 2022, 7:01 am

The Russian invasion and puppet Ukraine president accusation originated from US intelligence apparently. So there you go papa, the blind leading the blind again?

The US State has just advised the family members and embassy non-essentials to leave the building.

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/ar ... -can-leave
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » January 24, 2022, 7:55 am

well we'll know soon. personally i see it starting with air power. it's been shown many times you can invade a country but keeping it it is a different matter altogether. the bombs will start falling, and with modern warfare you really don't want to be a soldier on the ground, sitting in an artillery position or running around in a 80's tank. life expediency will be very short for those guys. we send weapons, and the ruskies will bomb the crap out of them.
Last edited by papafarang on January 24, 2022, 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 24, 2022, 8:00 am

Suppose this means the Usyk v AJ (or Fury) heavyweight bout will be relocated... to somewhere safe like the US :? :shock: also arent the UKR in the football world cup play offs/

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 24, 2022, 8:19 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
January 24, 2022, 8:00 am
Suppose this means the Usyk v AJ (or Fury) heavyweight bout will be relocated... to somewhere safe like the US :? :shock: also arent the UKR in the football world cup play offs/

DM
They play Scotland at Hampden in March in the first game of the last-gasp qualifiers.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » January 24, 2022, 10:23 am

The T-14 tank can be in downtown Kiev in 2 1/2 hours from southern Belarus.
Time to get out of Dodge.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » January 24, 2022, 10:52 am

FrazeeDK wrote:
January 23, 2022, 4:16 pm
so if ol' Vadimir does a lightning strike and bites off some small pieces of the Ukraine what's the West going to do? Over in 24 hours with Vlad saying, "OK, that's it, I promise nothing more will happen.." Hmmmmm. heard that before right? 1939?? Wasn't it "Peace in our Time??"
Completely agree Frazee, how many small bites, (small invasions according to Great Grand Pa Joe) are they allowed before we as the free west start to react. I suppose only when Germany and France realise that their EU buffer zone is being reduced too much, then we will all be friends again and the Dictatorship will expect others to expend blood and treasure to protect their borders.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 24, 2022, 3:47 pm

To be fair, life expectancy even 50 years ago during the Cold War, was only 3 minutes if you were based in Germany, enough fuel to get to the front line, but not to get back as it was assumed only 10% would make it back .
BUT we forget at our peril, that Europe and all its sperate countries ion some form or another have been fighting each other for centuries . Groups allied to others then later changing groups and fighting what they one were allied to .
Russia was involved as was a good 75 % of the #current nations at one time or another

So the prospect of another minor flare up is bound to happen sooner or later one of the problems Russia has is on their other doorstep is a country of 1.5 billion hungry for land etc, despite the Chinese agreeing a treaty, I would not trust them at all, smile while they thrust the dagger in the back. Xi is no angel and will play the waiting game .

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » January 24, 2022, 5:40 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
January 24, 2022, 3:47 pm
To be fair, life expectancy even 50 years ago during the Cold War, was only 3 minutes if you were based in Germany, enough fuel to get to the front line, but not to get back as it was assumed only 10% would make it back .
BUT we forget at our peril, that Europe and all its sperate countries ion some form or another have been fighting each other for centuries . Groups allied to others then later changing groups and fighting what they one were allied to .
Russia was involved as was a good 75 % of the #current nations at one time or another

So the prospect of another minor flare up is bound to happen sooner or later one of the problems Russia has is on their other doorstep is a country of 1.5 billion hungry for land etc, despite the Chinese agreeing a treaty, I would not trust them at all, smile while they thrust the dagger in the back. Xi is no angel and will play the waiting game .
Figures are a wee bit wrong KP. I would not have come out of the Squadron bar if I only had 3 minutes to live after an Active Edge call. Actually it was about 24 hours. But that 24 was supposed to inflict enough casualties on the soviets that would delay the advance enough to prevent the high heid yins from starting to use battlefield tactical nuclear weapons. Then after that, who cares we were dead.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 25, 2022, 1:25 am

AlexO wrote:
January 24, 2022, 5:40 pm
Figures are a wee bit wrong KP. I would not have come out of the Squadron bar if I only had 3 minutes to live after an Active Edge call. Actually it was about 24 hours. But that 24 was supposed to inflict enough casualties on the soviets that would delay the advance enough to prevent the high heid yins from starting to use battlefield tactical nuclear weapons. Then after that, who cares we were dead.
Sit yourself down in the Sqn bar, Sir, and I'll get one of the lads to help you pull on those NBC boots when we've finished the aircraft role changes.

Did someone say Taceval? Have those egg banjos arrived yet?
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Return to “World News”