Re: Russia

Post by noosard » September 27, 2022, 8:17 am

Putin grants Russian citizenship to US whistleblower Snowden
So now he is Ruskie will he be sent to Ukraine

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » September 28, 2022, 1:48 pm

Untrained Russians reach the front lines.
September 21: Called up for mobilization in Moscow.
September 27. Captured in Ukraine.
https://twitter.com/walter_report/statu ... snarticles
For Russians who wish to surrender call this hotline:
+38 066 580 34 98 and +38 093 119 29 84 (24 hours).
Attachments
russian reserves.jpg
Untrained russians.jpg

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 28, 2022, 2:58 pm

So, who blew up the Nordstream pipelines?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » September 28, 2022, 4:23 pm

Attachments
Putin 9.jpg

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » September 29, 2022, 9:06 am

The U.S. Embassy in Russia is urging Americans in the country to leave and warning U.S. citizens to not travel to Russia after Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered a call-up of 300,000 reservists to aid depleted forces in Ukraine.
The embassy said in a security alert on Wednesday that Russia may prevent U.S. citizens from leaving the country and conscript dual nationals into military service.

A bit late. All the flights are booked and the roads out jammed.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 29, 2022, 2:25 pm

tamada wrote:
September 28, 2022, 2:58 pm
This one is a strange one . first narrative was Russia ? , but when you come to motive then that narrative don't work as the Russians had already cut supplies. So who was it ?
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 29, 2022, 4:22 pm

papafarang wrote:
September 29, 2022, 2:25 pm
tamada wrote:
September 28, 2022, 2:58 pm
This one is a strange one . first narrative was Russia ? , but when you come to motive then that narrative don't work as the Russians had already cut supplies. So who was it ?
I think this question has to be answered outside the normal parameters. The Europeans would not damage it , if no gas mwas flowing does them no harm and eventually they think that it would come back online .
So either factions inside Russia/Belarus or even the seperatists regions in Ukraine undertook a sabotage incident to possibly deter some in Russia to seek a de-escalation of the situation or they are certainly behind it . I t would probably require some underwater vehicle so as to not be seen. Now who in the region has that capability ...eh ???.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » September 29, 2022, 4:37 pm

Or, it could be a simple accident where a ship has dragged an anchor over it!

If the pipe line is in deep water or covered with metres of dirt the only way to access the damage site is via a "Pig" and they are launched from the exporter to survey/clean the pipe.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 29, 2022, 5:14 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
September 29, 2022, 4:37 pm
Or, it could be a simple accident where a ship has dragged an anchor over it!

If the pipe line is in deep water or covered with metres of dirt the only way to access the damage site is via a "Pig" and they are launched from the exporter to survey/clean the pipe.
So four anchor drags now? Some with 'explosions'?

Yes, these 'pigs' are used for internal pipeline service and maintenance. There's a pipeline expert on a related DW story who suggest maybe one or two of them 'exploded'? Now, which side is exporter again?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » September 29, 2022, 5:50 pm

Nord Stream pipes, 2 parallel trunks under the Baltic sea between Russia and Germany. Pigs do not swim up stream!
No reference to 4 leaks!

Pultin may be "bah bah bor bor" but why would he damage his infrastructure when he can just close a valve??
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 29, 2022, 8:14 pm

4 separate leaks now being reported - doesn't sound like a shipping accident.
pig-explosion.gif

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 29, 2022, 10:47 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
September 29, 2022, 5:50 pm
Nord Stream pipes, 2 parallel trunks under the Baltic sea between Russia and Germany. Pigs do not swim up stream!
No reference to 4 leaks!

Pultin may be "bah bah bor bor" but why would he damage his infrastructure when he can just close a valve??
He already closed it. There was no gas flow anyway. So the question is who would want to . sabotaged means even if Putin shot himself in the head, the Russians withdrew and said sorry . now Russia can't supply gas anyway. So as for Russia blowing up its own stuff you got to be mad believing that narative
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 30, 2022, 5:28 am

papafarang wrote:
September 29, 2022, 10:47 pm
Bandung_Dero wrote:
September 29, 2022, 5:50 pm
No reference to 4 leaks!

He already closed it. There was no gas flow anyway. So the question is who would want to . sabotaged means even if Putin shot himself in the head, the Russians withdrew and said sorry . now Russia can't supply gas anyway. So as for Russia blowing up its own stuff you got to be mad believing that narative
So far, there's only one person involved in the current conflagration who meets most clinical criteria for madness. He also owns the gas, he owns the gas companies and he owns the pipelines in question. He probably owns several pipeline 'pigs' as well, including the ones that have the capability to explode inside a pipeline. I learned a lot about pigs. My sister was shagging a French bloke building the St Fergus gas pipeline at Longside aerodrome. Shameless hussy.

So both pipelines are unused and either full of test gas (Nordstream 2) or stranded gas (Nordstream 1). Eventually all this gas will escape so asking the UM pipeline engineers (and Whistler), what happens then? Does the seawater pressure cause the pipeline to flood to a certain degree or will there be some equilibrium with only partial seawater ingress?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 30, 2022, 6:46 am

Nice little dig Tam.

I will leave up to the pipeline engineers and Boyle's theory to answer that one.

Using some very basic logic. It obviously depends on where the pipes were blown up. The pipeline is almost certainly not level, if the breach was at a shallow point, gas will rise and escape, if it was at the deepest part of the pipeline, pockets of gas will remain in portions of the pipe. If the pipe undulates you will see both scenarios at different sections. What we are seeing from the pics, a lot of gas is escaping indicating it was breached at a shallow point so a heck of a lot of seawater has invaded the pipelines.

If the pipe is able to be repaired it may be usable again, if not, not.

More importantly, how's Italy managing the transition to a fascist government given your pronouncement that fascism is banned in that country? ( dig, dig)
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 30, 2022, 9:17 am

It's not a theory. It's Boyle's Law. Doesn't that only apply to contained gases?

My guess is you're mostly right on what will eventuate when the trapped gas pressure falls below the water pressure at xx meters depth. They will equalize with a partial flooding of the pipe. If someone opens it up at either end, the containment is broken and the water pressure will push the gas out and the pipe will totally flood, no? Either way, the big gassy surface bubble will eventually stop unless someone chooses to pump gas into it. Who would (or could) do that though?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 30, 2022, 9:25 am

Boyle's law, yes. Such a nuisance, Boyle's law, Pascal' principal, Einstein's Theory so many designations for scientific thought.

Fun though, I had some Jehovahs Witnesses argue the toss with me about evolution, they said it was only a theory. I told them Newton's theory of gravity was only a theory too, so why the fu*k didn't they just float off into space?
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » September 30, 2022, 9:36 am

The latest member of Russia's suspicious suicide squad? Railway executive, 52, is found shot dead on the balcony of his Moscow home.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » October 1, 2022, 9:49 am

Why would Russia blow up the pipeline? Got to think outside the box. Europe has lots of underwater pipelines (e.g. Norway) and data/electricity cables. Panic is now ensuing in Europe as to how these can be protected from sabotage.

Another Russian threat ..... stop helping Ukraine ..... or else.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 1, 2022, 10:14 am

Rick,

There is no doubt that the pipelines were deliberately blown up. The two pipes were blown up simultaneously in quite shallow water near Denmark. That answers another question on this thread, if the breach was in shallow water, a lot if not all of the pipeline will be filled with seawater.

Speculation is a commercial vessel was used to deliver the bombs which were detonated after the ship had cleared the area. Presumably governments are tracing ship movements in recent months to narrow down a suspect vessel.

Given Europe's stance against Russia, there is a good chance that the pipeline would never be used as it made too much of Europe vulnerable to a rogue Russia.

Maybe this is a case of the naughty child tossing the toys out of the crib. Putin certainly has that type of character trait.

The only other likely actor would be the CIA, if Trump was in the Whitehorse I wouldn't be surprised, but I think Biden is more cautious and would not authorise such an attack, too risky to damage the USA's reputation with European allies.

For me, I reckon Putin is behind it and investagtions might finger the ship that delivered the bombs.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » October 1, 2022, 10:58 am

Russia used the pipeline to make threats, come winter if there was a gas shortage he could have turned the gas back on for humanitarian reasons putting a big feather in his cap. Destroying their own infrastructure makes no sense as it takes away their ability to control the flow of gas. Reason ? Motive ? What does it achieved and who benefits . Russia has every reason to keep them intact even if they're not being used, they already control the gas flow, so no motive to destroy them and they sure don't benefit in anyway now they are unusable. It is a mystery for sure

Return to “World News”