World news discussion forum
Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: Russia

Post by Whistler » April 24, 2023, 1:00 pm

noosard wrote:
April 24, 2023, 12:44 pm
If you cant make the hitech stuff for your hitech weapons you need to buy them
So if there are sanctions resticting what can be bought makes it hard to produce these weapons at all
Iran is supplying heaps including drones, Turkey is friendly, who knows what is coming out of China? That is on top of a significant industrial capacity that Russia already has. Lots of indications that Russia is struggling in areas, but so far it has not deterred them one iota.

Let's hope that the longer the conflict lasts, the deeper the sanctions bite.

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » April 24, 2023, 3:02 pm

www.forbes.com › sites › amirhusainUkraine War Thrusts Iran And Turkey Into The Role Of Arms ...

Dec 20, 2022 · Meanwhile, Turkey continues to supply weapons to Ukraine while it has maintained a careful balance in its relations with Russia on other matters

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » April 24, 2023, 4:44 pm

and Turkey is soon to have elections which may give Erdogan the heav-ho and change any number of Trukey's positions internationally.

As for those Iranian drones, they're hardly "hi tech".. That Russia doesn't have the ability to churn out such drones as the Iranian Shahed says a lot..
Dave

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 9, 2023, 3:12 pm

Russia propagandists starting to prepare viewers for “Russian peace with honor”, that is, throw Donetsk and Luhansk under the bus and declare victory and leave Ukraine.

a person speaking on RF state television, in a state-controlled “talk show”, in which a man says the problem in the war is that the leadership of the Donetsk and Luhansk regions is absolutely corrupt, and Russia really made a mistake by supporting these fake states.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » May 11, 2023, 10:14 am

which is laughable considering Russia was the impetus behind those two "states" declaring their indepedence from Ukraine back in 2014.. But, I reckon in an authoriatarian state you can, as usual, change history to say what you desire...
Dave

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 20, 2023, 1:20 pm

Maps of Vladimir Putin’s secret underground lair leaked

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/ ... ir-leaked/
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 20, 2023, 1:27 pm

For those who like maps and speculation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/20 ... pe-russia/
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » May 20, 2023, 8:17 pm

My bet is on an attack in Southern Kherson or on Donetsk. But yes, no miracles like last year.

Rug muncher
udonmap.com

Post by Rug muncher » May 24, 2023, 1:59 pm

I think the Uk supplying depleted uranium weapons is going to be a real game changer in this war..
They are great for causing cancers and birth defects the same as when America used in Iraq who are still suffering from the effects of these weapons today.
Just Google depleted uranium Iraq to see the effects.
It amazes me how the hatred for Russia and putin gives the west the right to use such monstrous weapons.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » June 18, 2023, 7:38 am

Kremlin decides that goal to "demilitarise" Ukraine has largely been achieved

Russian politician and diplomay
Dmitry Peskov, press secretary of the Russian dictator, has said
Quote: "Indeed, Ukraine was heavily militarised at the time of the beginning of its [special military operation, as the Russian Federation calls the war against Ukraine – ed.]. And, as [Russian President Vladimir] Putin said yesterday, one of the tasks was to demilitarise Ukraine.

In fact, this task is largely completed. Ukraine is using less and less of its weapons. And more and more it uses the weapons systems that Western countries supply it with."

The war must be over then !!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 18, 2023, 8:48 am

Since the Kremlin's excuse of calling this a "special military operation" has been largely proven to be a lie, here's something else to be going on with.

Russia 'buying back' arms parts exported to Myanmar and India
Reimports appear aimed at improving weapons for use in Ukraine war

https://asia.nikkei.com/Politics/Ukrain ... -and-India
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » June 18, 2023, 9:47 am

The available news networks that we see all talk about Russia getting the ---- kicked out of them. Never underestimate Russia. They still have BIG teeth and are very dangerous.

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » June 18, 2023, 1:54 pm

Doubt Ukraine or Western Powers are underestimating Russia's ability to cause havoc and destruction.

However, Russia's ability to cause havoc and destruction has been reduced (yea, there's still that nuclear threat) and Russia will think twice before invading another country.

Ukraine war still a toss-up, but I'm liking Ukraine's chances on getting all their lands back to pre-2014 borders.

On depleted uranium, definitely some health concerns (for Ukrainians). Fxxk the Russians and their health, they don't seem to concerned about nuclear power plant safety and the health and safety of innocent civilians.

Some of you will claim average Russian soldiers / conscript and Russian citizens aren't to blame, maybe you're right....but in my personal view they aren't blameless and maybe making their lives a living hell might make them stand up and do something about their countries leadership.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 19, 2023, 11:39 am

glalt wrote:
June 18, 2023, 9:47 am
The available news networks that we see all talk about Russia getting the **** kicked out of them. Never underestimate Russia. They still have BIG teeth and are very dangerous.
RT is also free to air. Fill yer boots.

"Mexico wants to increase exports of tequila to Russia, the country’s ambassador to Russia, Eduardo Villegas Megias, told the news outlet RTVI this week. ..."

Maybe the local vodka isn't giving their armed forces the same Dutch courage that it used to?

https://www.rt.com/business/578162-mexi ... a-exports/
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 26, 2024, 5:16 pm

More gas tales.

Hunter and the hunted: How Joe Biden is being linked to corruption, terror attacks, and political assassinations in Ukraine https://www.rt.com/russia/591201-us-pre ... n-ukraine/
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 26, 2024, 7:26 pm

Or more hot air?

RT ...... really. :D

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 27, 2024, 1:25 pm

Russia helping their mate Donald by smearing Biden.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » January 27, 2024, 7:48 pm

Putin is just waiting until Donald takes over and cuts off Ukraine's military aid. If that happens, Ukraine will have to ask for a ceasefire. Putin might agree, but only if Ukraine cedes him all the captured lands. Meanwhile, meat grinder for another 12-15 months. Russia has millions of conscription aged men, training is irrelevant.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » January 28, 2024, 12:43 pm

this isn't WW2 with waves of Russian infantry screaming "urrah urrah" charging the Nazis.. The Russians have issues with mass mobilization as evidenced by the fact that Putin only did it once during this conflict. Right now he's using monetary incentives to get poorer non-ethnic Russians to enlist for higher pay/combat bonuses plus recruiting in prisons with the enticement being pardons and pay.. Some say Putin is merely waiting till his Presidential election is over in March to do a Mobilization order. That remains to be seen. As for Trump cutting off the Ukrainians, first he has to get elected. While the RNC and even the Dems (gotta have a boogeyman) say Trump will win, he may not.. Also, foreign aid is via Congress so you can be pretty sure all the Dems will vote for Ukrainian aid and there are enough never-Trumper Republicans to overcome any veto.
Dave

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » February 7, 2024, 11:20 am

Return to “World News”