The body in the Yorkshire Dales

World news discussion forum
Earnest
udonmap.com

The body in the Yorkshire Dales

Post by Earnest » February 25, 2023, 3:16 pm

This is a curious case and it's been around for a while. A missing Thai woman's body is found in the Dales and identified through DNA with her family. However, her UK husband, now living in LOS, does not want to speak to the police. Hopefully, Statts won't find a photo in his collection.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-y ... e-64755447

This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: The body in the Yorkshire Dales

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 26, 2023, 9:21 am

Earnest wrote:
February 25, 2023, 3:16 pm
This is a curious case and it's been around for a while. A missing Thai woman's body is found in the Dales and identified through DNA with her family. However, her UK husband, now living in LOS, does not want to speak to the police. Hopefully, Statts won't find a photo in his collection.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-y ... e-64755447
Indeed a strange story .. the UK police came all the way to Udon and then left without even meeting the husband as he has personal issues and was feeling unwell leaving it to the BIB. :?
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » February 26, 2023, 9:37 am

IMHO:- Only in Thailand could that sort of feeble excuse get in the way of justice!

Edit:- In saying that I remember many years ago where the Thai Police and their version of SWAT gathered evidence and bent over backward to help the AFP (Aust. Federal Police) arrest a local (Ban Dung) expat on drug related offences then, eventually, have him extradited to Australia.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 26, 2023, 11:57 am

There are no legal grounds to compell the husband to talk to the British police without laying charges. Their only option is to charge him with some appropriate offense and apply for extradition.

In a high profile case I posted on her a while ago, an ex schoolmate of mine refused police requests for 34 years when his wife went missing. He was finally sentenced to life a few weeks ago when they belatedly charged him.

the police of course need to convince the courts there is a primary facie case. Sometimes hard to overcome that high bar.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » February 26, 2023, 5:41 pm

This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » February 26, 2023, 6:54 pm

Good one @Earnest.
Anyone seen or recognise this guy?
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » February 26, 2023, 10:15 pm

That guy is going to have a lot of explaining to do. If he is innocent, he handled it poorly.

Return to “World News”